Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Should they go get Bowe?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby comish » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:26 pm

He can be had for a 3rd round pick per Peter King

Yes it cripples the Browns in the upcoming draft, but......I like the idea of a true #1 surrounded by what they have.

Use the first rounder on a defensive player

Roll
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
User avatar
comish
Champion of Mediocrity
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: A local Pub

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby swerb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Major drop problems, no? Always viewed him as another Braylon.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby comish » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:57 pm

I've watched him a bit over the years for FF reasons...drop issues? Not so sure, bud. We need one more piece in that receiver core....he could be it
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
User avatar
comish
Champion of Mediocrity
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: A local Pub

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:09 pm

comish wrote:I've watched him a bit over the years for FF reasons...drop issues? Not so sure, bud. We need one more piece in that receiver core....he could be it


But we need a pass rush, a safety, a corner, a fullback, and O-line help before we need another wideout.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3720
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby comish » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:22 am

Some of that, Matt, they are going to have to fix through free agency. This receiver group desperately needs a vet presence and a reliable every down threat....I don't think Little is the answer there.

Spend your #1 pick on a defensive stud and then don't treat free agency like it's a disease...that's what I think they will need to do.

For a 3rd rounder...I go get him (Bowe) Our receivers go from being in the conversation from the worst group in the league to AT LEAST being in the middle somewhere.
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
User avatar
comish
Champion of Mediocrity
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: A local Pub

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:52 am

See, i'm not nearly as concerned with the WR corps now as I was early in the year; the emergence of Gordon as a reliable deep threat with Cooper and Little underneath seems pretty capable, if they can get some experience and stop dropping the ball. Rather get that middle of the road Joe Jurevicius type, I guess. Should probably operate on Little in the offseason to remove the toasters.

Need help on D in the worst kind of way. Our DB's outside of Haden are terrible, and the pass rush is awful.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 am

Also, you're not winning anything this year, so you want that #1 to remain high.....and Bowe is a free agent after this season, so you'd have to lock him up to a big contract or have the extension madness become a major issue. (and unless he gets fed heavily, he's not going to want to stay)
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby comish » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:36 am

There is no question that he would have to be locked up long term or else no deal

I DO NOT think this team has the #1 receiver they need on the roster, but I do like some of the progress of the players they have.
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
User avatar
comish
Champion of Mediocrity
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: A local Pub

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:23 pm

This is the column I remember reading, Bowe 9th most dropped passes the last three years:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ped-passes

Not saying its a reason not to pursue him. Would like to know why KC is so eager to dump him. That's a lot of size and talent to give away for a mid round pick. In a passing league from a team with no other WR's.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:12 pm

swerb wrote:This is the column I remember reading, Bowe 9th most dropped passes the last three years:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ped-passes

Not saying its a reason not to pursue him. Would like to know why KC is so eager to dump him. That's a lot of size and talent to give away for a mid round pick. In a passing league from a team with no other WR's.


Yeah, teams just don't dump good WR's without a reason. He might be their Braylon.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4391
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
swerb wrote:This is the column I remember reading, Bowe 9th most dropped passes the last three years:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ped-passes

Not saying its a reason not to pursue him. Would like to know why KC is so eager to dump him. That's a lot of size and talent to give away for a mid round pick. In a passing league from a team with no other WR's.


Yeah, teams just don't dump good WR's without a reason. He might be their Braylon.


Maybe they are hoping Jon Baldwin steps into that role while making less money, and they don't want to pay Bowe?
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:01 pm

TouchEmAllTime wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
swerb wrote:This is the column I remember reading, Bowe 9th most dropped passes the last three years:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ped-passes

Not saying its a reason not to pursue him. Would like to know why KC is so eager to dump him. That's a lot of size and talent to give away for a mid round pick. In a passing league from a team with no other WR's.


Yeah, teams just don't dump good WR's without a reason. He might be their Braylon.


Maybe they are hoping Jon Baldwin steps into that role while making less money, and they don't want to pay Bowe?


Or maybe they realize that having Bowe is superfluous when Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell are under center.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22795
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Should they go get Bowe?

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Or maybe they know they're just not going to resign the dude after not showing him an extension was a priority, and theyre trying to cash out their chips while they still have.....chips
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests