Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Football Gameplan's 2012 Cleveland Browns Season Preview Vid

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Football Gameplan's 2012 Cleveland Browns Season Preview Vid

Unread postby EmDiggy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:04 am

Good morning Browns fans! Here's my Season Preview for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em
EmDiggy

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: Mohammed Massaquoi

Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Cleveland Browns Season Preview

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Pretty much spot on.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Em, you didn't mention him but I actually expect Dimitri Patterson to win the #2 CB spot over Sheldon Brown, and I don't think they're ready for Skrine to be any higher than a nickel.

You state that the WR corps is the position of greatest concern and will keep them in last place (which I personally think might be overvaluing the position), then mention that if they get a veteran WR like Plax or TO that might open things up for them. How much better do you really think this team gets with one of those guys? A couple wins? 3rd place?

Outside of WR, which other position(s) do you feel is a weakness enough to keep the team down?

Solid stuff.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby EmDiggy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Spin wrote:Pretty much spot on.

Thanks Spin!!

Hikohadon wrote:Em, you didn't mention him but I actually expect Dimitri Patterson to win the #2 CB spot over Sheldon Brown, and I don't think they're ready for Skrine to be any higher than a nickel.

You state that the WR corps is the position of greatest concern and will keep them in last place (which I personally think might be overvaluing the position), then mention that if they get a veteran WR like Plax or TO that might open things up for them. How much better do you really think this team gets with one of those guys? A couple wins? 3rd place?

Outside of WR, which other position(s) do you feel is a weakness enough to keep the team down?

Solid stuff.

Thanks Cap'n! I think adding a WR of that caliber, would provide a little more balance to the offense. Even though both guys are well past their prime, they can still be solid contributors. It would also alleviate some of the pressure off the running game.

I think they only other weakness on the Browns would be offensive play calling... lets see if Chilly can correct that issue
EmDiggy

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:54 pm

I also thought it was a professionally done video too, especially liked the vids of Weeden and TR in college.

EmDiggy wrote:
Thanks Cap'n! I think adding a WR of that caliber, would provide a little more balance to the offense. Even though both guys are well past their prime, they can still be solid contributors. It would also alleviate some of the pressure off the running game.

I think they only other weakness on the Browns would be offensive play calling... lets see if Chilly can correct that issue

Was the play calling due to Schur? Or was it the lack of QB/pass catchers/running game?
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby EmDiggy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Spin wrote:I also thought it was a professionally done video too, especially liked the vids of Weeden and TR in college.

EmDiggy wrote:

Was the play calling due to Schur? Or was it the lack of QB/pass catchers/running game?

I think it was a combination of both.. The talent was upgraded last year with Little and this year with Richardson. One more WR and then it is on in the Dawg Pound. The good thing about what can happen this year is that the offense could utilize the TE more until they obtain that viable #2 wideout
EmDiggy

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL