Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Trade up to get TR?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Would you trade up to ensure drafting TR?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes : 24

Re: Trade up to get TR?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:I know yer just busting balls, but to my point - not saying we should have drafted De Castro, but this whole desperation/panic mode spells impending doom for 2012 and the future of the org. Fat Man walks around all offseason preaching patience, then shoots in his pants TWICE in round 1.

Patience never has a chance against Jammies and Dawg Pound Mike. Walrus drew a line at more wins this season, he obviously means it.

So, if you're after wins, is Brandon Fucking Weeden at #22 the best way to get there?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Ziner wrote:Hopefully you agree with the part about him shooting his pants... cause he did. WCO guy drafting a RB at 3. Consider my mind blown.

Yeah, weird. Drafting the perfect RB to play in the WCO. One who can play all three downs, catch the ball out of the backfield, and pass block.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 pm

Fuck you guys.

I'm going to bed.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:08 pm

yeah, those 12 carries a game will be game changers.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:08 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Fuck you guys.

I'm going to bed.

Hope you have a better night than Heckert.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 pm

mattvan1 wrote:So, if you're after wins, is Brandon Fucking Weeden at #22 the best way to get there?

Brandon Fucking Weeden >>>> Colt McCoy, and I'm not entirely sold he's worse than Barkley or Jones

So what if he's 28. If dude can ball, dude can ball.
Last edited by Madre Hill, Superstar on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 pm

I'm going to bed.

Pussy.

A big huge gaping hairy German pussy.
mattvan1

Unread postby scrambler » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 pm

LakeErieWarriors wrote:
Huge0126 wrote:Still need a RT and WR. Weeden would've been there in the second round.

Very true. Textbook Browns draft fuckup. Out of all the legitimately possible scenarious, this had to be just about the worst. It amazes me how they go ballsy trade up for a franchise player and follow that with such an awful decision. Don't get me wrong, Weeden could turn out to be a beast, but I've said it here before, and I'll say it once more: THE CLEVELAND BROWNS ORGANIZATION'S PAST DICTATES THE FACT THAT THEY'RE NOT NOW OR IN THE NEAR FUTURE A TEAM THAT SHOULD BE GAMBLING ON THEIR PICKS! They did it with Colt. They did it with Brady fucking Quinn. Tonight they've done it again with Brandon Weeden. If they picked Claiborn, or Kalil, or even Blackmon, guys who IMO won't be making as big a splash as Richardson will next year, I'd be lighting shit on fire right now.

Every pick in the NFL draft is a gamble. YOu have no clue how good any of them will be. I like the WEeden pick better than the richardson pick. I think Richardson is a really good running back but I truly feel wide receivers, quarterbacks and even tight ends now are more important offensive positions than running back. The Saints get by without a dominant running back as do the Patriots, Giants, the Packers etc.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Ziner wrote:yeah, those 12 carries a game will be game changers.

Right, cause Peyton Hillis only averaged 22 carries a game (331 total touches) in 2010, in a WCO. Keep it coming Ziner. This is epic, epic melt. I'm talking Triple-S epic levels of melt.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Tomorrow does setup nicely for 37 getting a RT.

Martin
Glenn
Massie

All available and you have to think Indy will look long and hard at Fleener.

Hill could be there too. Some 1st round value, could even see us trading back to get more in the 2nd/3rd.

Again though, don't know any team that would have taken Weeden. Seriously, check the board who's taking a soon-to-be 29 yr old? Think more and more we panicked.

Would have preferred Reiff then Weeden, rather than Weeden then whomever else tomorrow. Not ledging but thought we left more on the table.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:14 pm

And Heckert just said Weeden will 'eventually' be a starter.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:14 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Right, cause Peyton Hillis only averaged 22 carries a game (331 total touches) in 2010, in a WCO. Keep it coming Ziner. This is epic, epic melt. I'm talking Triple-S epic levels of melt.

ZING!!!!!!!

Because we run the same offense as we did in 2010 with a completely different coaching staff!!!

Holy shit you got me!!!!

*embarrassed*

If only we could top the Super Bowl Champs in attempts and yards.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:15 pm

scrambler wrote:
LakeErieWarriors wrote:
Huge0126 wrote:Still need a RT and WR. Weeden would've been there in the second round.

Very true. Textbook Browns draft fuckup. Out of all the legitimately possible scenarious, this had to be just about the worst. It amazes me how they go ballsy trade up for a franchise player and follow that with such an awful decision. Don't get me wrong, Weeden could turn out to be a beast, but I've said it here before, and I'll say it once more: THE CLEVELAND BROWNS ORGANIZATION'S PAST DICTATES THE FACT THAT THEY'RE NOT NOW OR IN THE NEAR FUTURE A TEAM THAT SHOULD BE GAMBLING ON THEIR PICKS! They did it with Colt. They did it with Brady fucking Quinn. Tonight they've done it again with Brandon Weeden. If they picked Claiborn, or Kalil, or even Blackmon, guys who IMO won't be making as big a splash as Richardson will next year, I'd be lighting shit on fire right now.

Every pick in the NFL draft is a gamble. YOu have no clue how good any of them will be. I like the WEeden pick better than the richardson pick. I think Richardson is a really good running back but I truly feel wide receivers, quarterbacks and even tight ends now are more important offensive positions than running back. The Saints get by without a dominant running back as do the Patriots, Giants, the Packers etc.

Jesus fucking christ dude. All those teams have ALL-FUCKING-PRO, possibly HALL OF FAME, QUARTERBACKS. This concept is not hard to understand. Tom Brady would kill to have Trent Richardson on his team as a multifaceted offensive weapon. You think he likes playing with 4 UPS driver RB's instead of 1 3-down stud? Get a clue.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Ziner wrote:If only we could top the Super Bowl Champs in attempts and yards.

The same Super Bowl champs that just replaced Brandon Jacobs with a first-round pick?
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:16 pm

mattvan1 wrote:So, if you're after wins, is Brandon Fucking Weeden at #22 the best way to get there?

Brandon Fucking Weeden >>>> Colt McCoy, and I'm not entirely sold he's worse than Barkley or Jones

So what if he's 28. If dude can ball, dude can ball.

It has nothing to do with Weeden. It has nothing to do with his age. It has everything to do with the unmistakable feeling of desperation by trading up twice to take the guys you wanted. I mean on the one hand good for them/us we "got our guys".

On the other hand, that's what Dwight Clark said when he hired Chris Palmer. "we got our guy"

Seriously, I think both picks are solid (Weeden about 15 picks early), just sense that the behavior smells a lot like panic. And no good will come from that.
mattvan1

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:17 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:Jesus fucking christ dude. All those teams have ALL-FUCKING-PRO, possibly HALL OF FAME, QUARTERBACKS. This concept is not hard to understand. Tom Brady would kill to have Trent Richardson on his team as a multifaceted offensive weapon. You think he likes playing with 4 UPS driver RB's instead of 1 3-down stud? Get a clue.

There are a lot of single women in the Boston area who are offended you just slighted Danny Woodhead.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:19 pm

noles1 wrote:Tomorrow does setup nicely for 37 getting a RT.

Martin
Glenn
Massie

Hill could be there too. Some 1st round value, could even see us trading back to get more in the 2nd/3rd.

Again though, don't know any team that would have taken Weeden. Seriously, check the board who's taking a soon-to-be 29 yr old? Think more and more we panicked.

Would have preferred Reiff then Weeden, rather than Weeden then whomever else tomorrow. Not ledging but thought we left more on the table.

SD:

Terrible waste of resources so far.

Blackmon at four wouldn't have cost us 4 picks .

especially if you were stoopid enough to draft Weeden at 22 , you might as well have matched them up .

Speaks to how desperate these assholes have gotten to bypass a kid QB who could have sat and learned for a fossil .

We can get Rt as late as the third , I'd get Weeden a deep threat with size like Hill at this spot if he's there.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Ziner wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

ZING!!!!!!!

Because we run the same offense as we did in 2010 with a completely different coaching staff!!!

Holy shit you got me!!!!

*embarrassed*

If only we could top the Super Bowl Champs in attempts and yards.

Right, cause Jesus Christ Holmgren wasn't forcing the WCO down lame-duck Mangini's throat. Hillis caught 60 passes out of the backfield. If it isn't "WCO", as the only offensive weapon, he will be featured.
Last edited by rebelwithoutaclue on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:21 pm

It has everything to do with the unmistakable feeling of desperation by trading up twice to take the guys you wanted. I mean on the one hand good for them/us we "got our guys"

But they didn't trade up twice...
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Ziner wrote:If only we could top the Super Bowl Champs in attempts and yards.

The same Super Bowl champs that just replaced Brandon Jacobs with a first-round pick?

Right on, 32 = 3 overall. We have similar holes in our team. ZING!!!

Look what you fuckers did, you have me wanting to +1 SD. Fuck.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby scrambler » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

Martin
Glenn
Massie

SD:

Terrible waste of resources so far.

Blackmon at four wouldn't have cost us 4 picks .

especially if you were stoopid enough to draft Weeden at 22 , you might as well have matched them up .

Speaks to how desperate these assholes have gotten to bypass a kid QB who could have sat and learned for a fossil .

We can get Rt as late as the third , I'd get Weeden a deep threat with size like Hill at this spot if he's there.

SoulDawg

Tannehill once threw a ball like Weeden, then he woke up sweating. Weeden is 500 times the qb Tannehill is.
scrambler

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:26 pm

mattvan1 wrote:

I'm going to bed.

Pussy.

A big huge gaping hairy German pussy.

Fuck you, gramps.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 pm

mattvan1 wrote:It has nothing to do with Weeden. It has nothing to do with his age. It has everything to do with the unmistakable feeling of desperation by trading up twice to take the guys you wanted. I mean on the one hand good for them/us we "got our guys".

On the other hand, that's what Dwight Clark said when he hired Chris Palmer. "we got our guy"

Seriously, I think both picks are solid (Weeden about 15 picks early), just sense that the behavior smells a lot like panic. And no good will come from that.

I don't see panic. Picks were flying around like Kardashian family party favors tonight. TRich never makes it past #3, and we had like a gazillion shit round picks to spare. I don't see Weeden lasting to 37 either as long as it was highly suspected the Browns would nab him, and he was destined/doomed for brown 'n orange the instant we were outbid for RG3. If there was a panic, its one that started with McCoy's concussion.

We can nab an RT next round, we've raised our offense from They're Shitty, and we can team up TRich with Haden and NyQuil to finally give this franchise an identity its been lacking since the Return. I ain't promising rainbows or cartwheeling through Parma Heights, but we're better off today than we were yesterday and I'll buy that.
Last edited by Madre Hill, Superstar on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:28 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
It has everything to do with the unmistakable feeling of desperation by trading up twice to take the guys you wanted. I mean on the one hand good for them/us we "got our guys"

But they didn't trade up twice...

But we shoulda traded up a second time to get Wright!!
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Joe Bauserman.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Martin
Glenn
Massie

I prefer a WR. Give me Stephen Hill or Rueben Randle
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Joe Bauserman.

He doesn't fill a need.

Now Mike Adams...
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:34 pm

OldDawg wrote:
Martin
Glenn
Massie

I honestly wouldn't mind Coby Fleener either. Should be able to get another offensive starter at 37.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:35 pm

mattvan1 wrote:It has nothing to do with Weeden. It has nothing to do with his age. It has everything to do with the unmistakable feeling of desperation by trading up twice to take the guys you wanted. I mean on the one hand good for them/us we "got our guys".

I don't see panic. Picks were flying around like Kardashian family party favors tonight. TRich never makes it past #3, and we had like a gazillion shit round picks to spare. I don't see Weeden lasting to 37 either as long as it was highly suspected the Browns would nab him, and he was destined/doomed for brown 'n orange the instant we were outbid for RG3. If there was a panic, its one that started with McCoy's concussion.

We can nab an RT next round, we've raised our offense from They're Shitty, and we can team up TRich with Haden and NyQuil to finally give this franchise an identity its been lacking since the Return. I ain't promising rainbows or cartwheeling through Parma Heights, but we're better off today than we were yesterday and I'll buy that.

Weeden wouldnt have lasted until 37??? who was going to take him?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Ziner wrote:Weeden wouldnt have lasted until 37??? who was going to take him?

Who still needs a quarterback? KC and Arizona leap to mind.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:40 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
OldDawg wrote:
Martin
Glenn
Massie

I honestly wouldn't mind Coby Fleener either. Should be able to get another offensive starter at 37.

Yeah the more I look at what is left with RT options (guys like Schwartz and others at 97 would likely be there).

I'm all for WR tomorrow with you guys. Sleeper maybe being the headcase CB Jenkins kid. (believe he was a teammate of Joe H. at UF)
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 pm

Ziner wrote:Weeden wouldnt have lasted until 37??? who was going to take him?

Who still needs a quarterback? KC and Arizona leap to mind.

Yes I am sure they will falling all over themselves to get the 4th best QB in this draft after committing big money to their starters.

This is a joke right? Everyone is set at QB but us... and if they trade up ahead of us whats the worst that happens? We suck?

The hole you are digging keeps getting deeper defending this shit.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:46 pm

I like Ziner when he's liquored up and very angry.

This is quality stuff.

Destroyed Rebel's argument without even using stats or facts.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I like Ziner when he's liquored up and very angry.

This is quality stuff.

Destroyed Rebel's argument without even using stats or facts.

Thats how I roll mutha fucka. Go to bed.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 pm

Ziner wrote:Yes I am sure they will falling all over themselves to get the 4th best QB in this draft after committing big money to their starters.

The Cards were so in love with Kevin Kolb that they laid out the red carpet for Peyton Manning. And Cassel's doing what exactly in KC? How about Hasselbeck in Tennessee? Or Carson Palmer in Oakland? Big money ain't worth shit in the Not For Long league.

This is a joke right? Everyone is set at QB but us... and if they trade up ahead of us whats the worst that happens? We suck?

We get Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace and five wins for another year while we hope and pray that Matt Fucking Barkley falls in our lap.

I'm not the one with the epic melt. *ZING!* Believe whatever the fuck you want, I'll come back when you're sober.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Ziner wrote:Yes I am sure they will falling all over themselves to get the 4th best QB in this draft after committing big money to their starters.

The Cards were so in love with Kevin Kolb that they laid out the red carpet for Peyton Manning. And Cassel's doing what exactly in KC? How about Hasselbeck in Tennessee? Or Carson Palmer in Oakland? Big money ain't worth shit in the Not For Long league.

Peyton Manning = Brandon Weeden... right on!!! What exactly happens if the Cards or Chiefs trade up for Weeden? We lose 12 of 16 next year?

We get Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace and five wins for another year while we hope and pray that Matt Fucking Barkley falls in our lap.

Ill take my chances with Matt Barkley or another top 5 prospect (hint: where we will be drafting) five times over with a RT or WR at 22 this year than I will with Weeden at 22 this year.

I'm not the one with the epic melt. *ZING!* Believe whatever the fuck you want, I'll come back when you're sober.

Yes, epic melt = questioning Heckgren. Come back in 2 years... thats how long it will take to sober up.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:09 am

Any of you guys know the "value' equations those guys use on trades? Wonder how our trading up one spot trade rates out?
OldDawg

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:35 am

Well, with 3 picks in the overall top 37, you could throw darts at a board and get better. Not all Ziner-melty ( ;-) ;) :wink:) at the move, but it is fairly obvious to me that H&H are feeling the heat and needed something pretty bold to keep Jammies in Long Island or the UK or wherever he hangs.

It's a pretty big gamble IMO. Because saying Weeden >>>>> McCoy is like saying Kim Kardashian >>>>>> Khloe Kardashian. Most of us wouldn't want either one. It's 10:00pm and the place is jumping, but for Walrus it's last call and he grabs his slump-buster on the way out the door. Maybe you wanted to wait a bit on that selection there, Mike.
mattvan1

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:37 am

OldDawg wrote:Any of you guys know the "value' equations those guys use on trades? Wonder how our trading up one spot trade rates out?

Everything I have read essentially says to throw the old JJ draft value chart away - the new CBA and rookie scale have made it obsolete.
mattvan1

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:09 am

So the Browns traded up to get their guy. Fine with me.
But then they shit the bed on the chance to upgrade THE most important part of the football team to protect their investment.
Had to go OL at 22. DeCastro is my pick there.

Way too early on Weeden. Maybe at 37.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby scrambler » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:04 am

AFter sleeping my big problem is still Richardson and just giving away 3 picks for free. He could have been had at 4 without question. Minny was taking Khalil anywhere in the top 6. Blackmon was still the guy to take especially if Weeden was gonna be taken. Evidently Wright was the only guy they wanted at 22 and once he was gone Weeden was the backup plan at that spot and they wanted him bad enough that they only wanted to gamble waiting for 37 if they had both Richardson and Wright. richardson will be a good player but I still can't believe what Minny did to us there to move up one single spot when no one else was trading there....it was all smoke screens. the canton/massilon boy running the ship there played us like fools. If Weeden was 22, he'd have been a top 5 pick no question about it. The guy can wing the ball like nothing.
scrambler

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:58 am

I think you are wrong scrambler...there is a lot of talk out there indicating TB was going to make that move.

I dont like it because moving up makes taking a RB that high that much worse, but I believe 100% that TB trades up if we dont.

I'd have liked that situation though because you probably could have traded with St Louis and moved down.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:58 am

I am no less pissed off this morning than I was last night. I could care less about giving up 3 of our 42 late round selections. Its the player they took. Then at 22, no one could convince me he wouldn't be there at 37. Only people who need a starter this year are going to trade up to get him. No one needs a starter. Panic move, they missed out on Kendall Wright who they thought they would get and didn't know what to do. That's the only explanation. Otherwise why do you tell Colt McCoy you aren't going to take a QB? To make him feel better for the 3 hours during the draft?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:59 am

JCoz wrote:I think you are wrong scrambler...there is a lot of talk out there indicating TB was going to make that move.

I dont like it because moving up makes taking a RB that high that much worse, but I believe 100% that TB trades up if we dont.

I'd have liked that situation though because you probably could have traded with St Louis and moved down.

I agree, we dont make that trade and then we swap with STL and get a top 6 player (or pick up Dallas's 2 2nds like they did and end up with 4 second rounders and still get a top 15 pick.) But hey we have our RB for the next half decade!
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:23 am

Would you trade TR, Weeden, and the next 2 1sts for RG3? Cuz that's what we didn't do.

Would you trade Julio Jones and Colt McCoy for Phil Taylor and Brandon Weeden? Cuz that's what we did do.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby WildBill31 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:38 am

We might as well have taken Tannehill. At least we could have stared at his fiance every game.
WildBill31

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:45 am

Ziner wrote:I am no less pissed off this morning than I was last night. I could care less about giving up 3 of our 42 late round selections. Its the player they took. Then at 22, no one could convince me he wouldn't be there at 37. Only people who need a starter this year are going to trade up to get him. No one needs a starter. Panic move, they missed out on Kendall Wright who they thought they would get and didn't know what to do. That's the only explanation. Otherwise why do you tell Colt McCoy you aren't going to take a QB? To make him feel better for the 3 hours during the draft?

Why would they tell him that....thats a good question.

Even if it wasn't at 22 it seems fairly obvious to me that their intent was to draft him, just at 37 and not 22. They wanted that information out there I guess.

I think there is a little more to this than Panic buttons being pressed, not that I care all that much.

The truth is that these guys are probably all going to get fired or save their asses based on the success or lack of success of one Mr Brandon Weeden, panic or no.

Its an interesting hand they just went all in on.
Last edited by JCoz on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:01 am

scrambler wrote:
Ziner wrote:I fucking hate this team. We just traded up to take an ABSOLUTELY worthless RB and drafted Colt McCoy 2.0.

I've been trying to tell people that RB is a worthless position but no one seems to be buying my take on it.

Oh for fuck sake dude. I'm just reading through this thread and I can't take it any more.

YOU AREN'T TELLING ANYONE ANYTHING THEY DONT KNOW!! THAT EXACT SENTIMENT HAS BEEN PLASTER ACROSS THIS BOARD NO LESS THAN 1,837,583 TIMES BY AT LEAAST 673 DIFFERENT POSTERS OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS.

IT IS NOT A GROUND BREAKING CONCEPT NOR IS IT A UNIQUE THOUGHT!!!

WE ALL FUCKING KNOW!!!!!!!!

OK, sorry about that. I'll read the rest of the thread now.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:04 am

FYI: Running Backs are over valued, many teams use non-first round picks and plug them. Investing on in the first round is not wise because they are replaceable and have short careers.

Why doesnt anyone understand this?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 am

No way 673 people posted that thought. It was at least 700.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL