Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Cry all you want the Pick is gonna BE.............

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Cry all you want the Pick is gonna BE.............

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:43 pm

rk wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:I don't think Blackmon was ever the consensus #2 pick. Hell, he was the consensus #3 receiver last year. If the Browns wanted a receiver, they would have just taken Julio Jones last year, who is bigger/stronger/faster than Blackmon.

I believe WR's are not judged solely on bigger/stronger/faster. Occasionally the ability to catch the ball is also taken into consideration. There is also some consideration on the ability of a WR to beat the press and the ability of a WR to run crisp and accurate routes.

All things that are teachable. Top 10 WR's have to be physical studs to justify that high of a selection. Justin Blackmon can neither run a 4.4 nor grow 3-4 extra inches. He should not be a top 10 prospect. None of this is to say he won't be a good receiver in the NFL, just not someone I'm taking at #4 overall.

And to Hiko's point, Blackmon was also rated very highly this year... until the combine. I agree that at the end of 2010, he was #2 behind Green but after the combine, where Jones shot up and Blackmon sunk, he would have been the #3 WR taken last year.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby rk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:19 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:And to Hiko's point, Blackmon was also rated very highly this year... until the combine. I agree that at the end of 2010, he was #2 behind Green but after the combine, where Jones shot up and Blackmon sunk, he would have been the #3 WR taken last year.

If you ever have a chance to talk to someone in a professional football team's scouting/personnel department ask them a simple question:

"How much effect does the combine or a personal workout have on the grade a team assigns a first round player?"

The answer is almost nil. When someone does great at the combine good scouts will perk up, go back to the tape room, and watch their reels to make sure that they didn't miss something the first time they looked at them. When they do completely shitty they'll go back and make sure that the tape showed them what they already knew.

But it rarely if ever actually effects their grade. The interviews might be the most important part but even those are essentially rigged because they already have talked to enough people who know the potential draftee that they have a good understanding of how he is going to answer before he even knows the question.

Now the lower a grade a guy has based on a scouts evaluation the greater the effect of the combine can be. Because, again, the combine helps teams see raw talent that may not have been apparant on the field and that attention may cause the talent evaluator to do a more comprehensive review of the draftee's work on the field.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:29 pm

rk wrote:"How much effect does the combine or a personal workout have on the grade a team assigns a first round player?"

The answer is almost nil.

Vernon Gholston, Ngata, Akili Smith, JPP, Julio Jones, Heyward-Bey, and many many others beg to differ. Dontari Poe will too in a couple days.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:30 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I'll say TR. I think that's how this goes down.

Although Mary Kay has had some good insight on this. IIRC, she had the Browns taking Blackmon, unless it was Claiborne or Richardson, as long as Kalil was already gone, with the possibility of a trade down, and an outside shot at Tannehill.

You should read her stuff if you're not. It's very insightful.

SD:

Our three biggest needs are QB RB and wideout in that order , with RT as the first alternate .

Unless Tannehills arm falls off between now and Thursday , the Browns wll look to fill their greatest need , something they supposedly cough cough , yeah right tried so hard to do with multiple number one picks , not so very long ago.

They don't value running backs any more than they value linebackers in the NFL hierarchy , but will most likely pick TR if Miami sneaks them, after foolishly letting a back who rushed for 1200 yards and caught 500 via the pass walk right out the door.

SoulDawg

Hey, I'm with you on that SD. I'm one of the few people oleft on the board that would be happy with a Tennehill pick. Mainly because, like you've been saying, it's the most important need yet to be met, and the sooner we meet it the better off we will be. But that's nothing that hasn't already been said multiple times.

I understand where Peek and Hiko come from. They are on record that they don't want Tannehill regardless of where he is picked. That makes sense if you don't think the kid has what it takes to be an NFL QB. Me...I have no talent for evaluation, so I'm not going to pretend like I do.

We need a QB, and Tannehill on paper has every damn thing you'd want a QB to have. And if we take him that means that Heckert thinks he's the guy. I'm OK with that, because I don't think Heckert is the kind of GM that would take him otherwise. I think if Heckert drafts him, it won't be becasue he is reaching.

But, if the question is, "who do I think they will draft." My answer is I think they will take richardson. I have no reason other than my gut saying that's what will happen.

Personally, If they don't think Tannehill is the guy, I obviously don't want them to take him. In that case I prefer a trade down.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Just because Blackmon dropped after the combine, doesn't mean that he wasn't already that low on NFL scouting boards. The media always over-reacts after the combine which feeds into the general public changing their minds; case in point: Ryan Tannehill. I'd bet in nearly every scouting department outside of Miami and Seattle, he's a 2nd rounder. The media has brought him up to the forefront of the 1st round.

In Blackmon's case, it didn't take the combine for me to realize he was neither as tall nor as fast as AJ Green or Julio Jones. Just watch the games. I didn't need to wait til the combine to realize that the QB throwing to Blackmon is light years better than the QB's throwing to either Green or Jones. Just watch the games. The combine shows limitations. Blackmon is simply more limited than Green or Jones.

I like Justin Blackmon. I think he'd be a great fit as a WCO receiver. He just isn't a top 5 prospect. Michael Crabtree 2.0.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:43 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:When it comes to picking QB's Browns fans are the dumbest fucks in the game .

This seems inarguable to me, and the more Browns fans don't want that kid, the more I'm convinced he's the right choice.

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Browns fans need to open the windows and quit getting high on their own farts

I don't know what this means but it FEELS right.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:54 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:When it comes to picking QB's Browns fans are the dumbest fucks in the game .

This seems inarguable to me, and the more Browns fans don't want that kid, the more I'm convinced he's the right choice.

But historically, the Browns' brass has been just as dumb, if not dumber, than the Browns fans when it comes to QBs.

Hey, we all felt like we struck gold when BQ fell down so far that we could get him later in the first round. There were SD-we-need-a-QB-so-lets-draft-the-best-one-out-there types back then that thought the Browns should have taken BQ with their first pick of that first round, too.

I heard a quote from the Browns brass, maybe Heckert, that you can't let pure need drive your pick, or you will make some bad decisions. That tells me they aren't drafting a QB at 4.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:12 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:Just because Blackmon dropped after the combine, doesn't mean that he wasn't already that low on NFL scouting boards. The media always over-reacts after the combine which feeds into the general public changing their minds; case in point: Ryan Tannehill. I'd bet in nearly every scouting department outside of Miami and Seattle, he's a 2nd rounder. The media has brought him up to the forefront of the 1st round.

In Blackmon's case, it didn't take the combine for me to realize he was neither as tall nor as fast as AJ Green or Julio Jones. Just watch the games. I didn't need to wait til the combine to realize that the QB throwing to Blackmon is light years better than the QB's throwing to either Green or Jones. Just watch the games. The combine shows limitations. Blackmon is simply more limited than Green or Jones.

I like Justin Blackmon. I think he'd be a great fit as a WCO receiver. He just isn't a top 5 prospect. Michael Crabtree 2.0.

Dude. Blackmon didn't "drop after the combine". He said he was going back to school on January 12th, long before the Combine. After that, he was no longer part of the process. No one any longer compared Blackmon to anyone else because he wasn't in that draft.

The ONLY time Blackmon and Jones got compared was prior to Blackmon stating he was going back to school (way before the Combine, way back in January), and - at that time - most people had Blackmon going before Jones.

Could Jones have passed Blackmon between January 12th and the draft? Possibly. But it annoys me that people assume somehow that actually happened.

Regardless, I think Blackmon is good but not great. Same as I feel about Jones. Not excited about taking either one at 4.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:16 pm

OldDawg wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

But historically, the Browns' brass has been just as dumb, if not dumber, than the Browns fans when it comes to QBs.

Hey, we all felt like we struck gold when BQ fell down so far that we could get him later in the first round. There were SD-we-need-a-QB-so-lets-draft-the-best-one-out-there types back then that thought the Browns should have taken BQ with their first pick of that first round, too.

I heard a quote from the Browns brass, maybe Heckert, that you can't let pure need drive your pick, or you will make some bad decisions. That tells me they aren't drafting a QB at 4.

Yes...unless Heckert actually likes Tannehill and doesn't think he's a reach.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:18 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:SD - I think thread title should be changed to, "Pick won't be Tannyhill no matter how much you cry".

SD:

The only people who would cry JB are those adamamantly opposed to Tanneyhill .

I'm not opposed to Blackmon Richardson or Clay or a trade down , if these bumbling stumbling imbeciles would be so stoopid as to pass on the perfect WCO sign and build clone QB for whatever asinine reason they want to make up .

They're all dead to me after cocking off the RG3 pick anyway .

So these stooges can not ever get to me again , I'm lke Oberle , I expect nothing from them , so that I can be pleasantly surprised if they manage to disappoint my lowered expectations , and actually make some picks that make sense.

The kid can play in this offense , he's a prototype for the new aged QB , raw as an onion with warts , but geeze , if he ain't a beauty queen to the ugly ducks we got here .

When it comes to picking QB's Browns fans are the dumbest fucks in the game .

Who trades or bypasses Sanchez Rottenberger Rogers or Cam Newton when you ain't got better .

The same dopes were first in line , when I said make that change then in real time (except for rogers who I hadn't scouted and didn't pimp. )

What gives anyone of you sod busting goat roping ignoramuses the right to turn up your nose at this kid when all we have is Colt McCoy Seneca Wallace and Thadeus Lewis and prayer rugs .

Browns fans need to open the windows and quit getting high on their own farts

SoulDawg

Don't get me wrong.

You're telling me what you think is best. I ain't madatcha. You mate damn well be right in the end about Tanny.

I'm just telling you what is going to happen. he won't be a Brown. That is all.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:Just because Blackmon dropped after the combine, doesn't mean that he wasn't already that low on NFL scouting boards. The media always over-reacts after the combine which feeds into the general public changing their minds; case in point: Ryan Tannehill. I'd bet in nearly every scouting department outside of Miami and Seattle, he's a 2nd rounder. The media has brought him up to the forefront of the 1st round.

Dude. Blackmon didn't "drop after the combine". He said he was going back to school on January 12th, long before the Combine. After that, he was no longer part of the process. No one any longer compared Blackmon to anyone else because he wasn't in that draft.

The ONLY time Blackmon and Jones got compared was prior to Blackmon stating he was going back to school (way before the Combine, way back in January), and - at that time - most people had Blackmon going before Jones.

Yeah, that's the way I remember it too. Although, I will say that the way Jones shot up boards after teh combine I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up ahead of Blackmon last year. No way to know, though.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:20 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
rk wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:I don't think Blackmon was ever the consensus #2 pick. Hell, he was the consensus #3 receiver last year. If the Browns wanted a receiver, they would have just taken Julio Jones last year, who is bigger/stronger/faster than Blackmon.

I believe WR's are not judged solely on bigger/stronger/faster. Occasionally the ability to catch the ball is also taken into consideration. There is also some consideration on the ability of a WR to beat the press and the ability of a WR to run crisp and accurate routes.

All things that are teachable.

Can not concur. Plenty examples of great athletes who were body catchers who never could get hand extension right.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:32 pm

motherscratcher wrote:And if we take him that means that Heckert thinks he's the guy. I'm OK with that, because I don't think Heckert is the kind of GM that would take him otherwise.

Personally, If they don't think Tannehill is the guy, I obviously don't want them to take him.

I think most of us feel the same (to an extent). Really, we're all just arguing amongst ourselves as if we were junior GM's, how we see it, what we would do.

Personally, if Heckert takes Tannehill, I state that I think it's a mistake, but let's give Heckert the benefit of the doubt (not much else we can do) and see if maybe he (and SD) are smarter than we are.

It's such a live-or-die type pick that you KNOW Heckert would have to be completely sold on the dude in order to pull that trigger.

(Which is exactly why I don't think he'll pull it.)
Hikohadon

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:22 pm

rk wrote:

LOL

We're talking Browns here.....

Name ONE WR drafted that has had a set of hands....just one
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
rk wrote:

LOL

We're talking Browns here.....

Name ONE WR drafted that has had a set of hands....just one

SD:

Ozzie Newsome , and Paul warfield weren't to bad , and Brian Brennan was all hands .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:35 pm

How about we just stick to the Re-Bi....errrr..,,,,,After-Birth Browns and the 21st Century
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I meant after their respective combines, Jones shot up and Blackmon sunk. Obviously they were never at the same combine themselves and it is conjecture to say that the same thing would have happened to Blackmon if he had come out the same time as Jones but I still stand by my statement that as soon as they were measured, whether it be together at the same combine or year after year, Jones always would have been the pick over the smaller/slower Blackmon.

Can not concur. Plenty examples of great athletes who were body catchers who never could get hand extension right.

::doh:: The two are not mutually exclusive. Just because some great athletes haven't done it, doesn't mean everyone will fail. What's easier to teach: how to run routes or how to grow 3 inches from 6'1" to 6'4"?

This isn't a case of Jones can't catch and Blackmon can; they both can. Since they both can, who do you take, the guy whose 6'4 and runs a 4.4 or the guy whose 6'1 and runs a 4.5?
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:06 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I meant after their respective combines, Jones shot up and Blackmon sunk. Obviously they were never at the same combine themselves and it is conjecture to say that the same thing would have happened to Blackmon if he had come out the same time as Jones but I still stand by my statement that as soon as they were measured, whether it be together at the same combine or year after year, Jones always would have been the pick over the smaller/slower Blackmon.

Could very well have happened. I just don't think it's a slam-dunk assumption. It's safer to say that Blackmon and Jones would be in a 2A/2B discussion, mainly b/c the smaller/slower Blackmon was crazy-more-productive, and Larry Fitzgerald has shown that measurables don't always trump productivity. If it were all about size/speed, Steven Hill would be a Top 5 pick and Heyward-Bey wouldn't suck.

Not that I at all think Blackmon will be Fitzgerald... Blackmon likely won't be a Top 10 WR, but neither is Jones. I think he'll be right around that Jones area, - more receptions, less yards per catch, about the same TD's (54 catches, 950 yds, 8 TD's).

With a competent QB, that is. In Cleveland, probably 60 catches, 800 yds, 6 TD's.

Be very interested to see Blackmon's numbers if the Browns took Weeden at 22 as well.
Hikohadon

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Hikohadon wrote:I can certainly see Carroll giggling like a schoolgirl.

The Seahawks were the team that gave two 2's for Charlie Whitehurst, so I trust their QB judgement implicitly.

Yea.... hence

<<<<<<<<<<<
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:31 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:How about we just stick to the Re-Bi....errrr..,,,,,After-Birth Browns and the 21st Century

SD:

Then you'd be talking kevin Johnson , however Joe J and Peyton Hillis were better
more productive receivers although neither was drafted by the Browns and hillis is a RB .

The best hands via a drafted player would belong to Winslow .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:12 pm

SD, I am beginning to think we are going to be able to get your boy Tanney. I am beginning to think Miami is gonna pass on him and he will slide and we will trade up higher into round 1 to grab him to stop his fall. We get a good RB and your QB.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby pup » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:27 pm

OldDawg wrote:SD, I am beginning to think we are going to be able to get your boy Tanney. I am beginning to think Miami is gonna pass on him and he will slide and we will trade up higher into round 1 to grab him to stop his fall. We get a good RB and your QB.

If Mike Sherman isn't going to take him, NFW do we trade up for him.

I doubt they take him at 22.

37?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:33 pm

pup wrote:
OldDawg wrote:SD, I am beginning to think we are going to be able to get your boy Tanney. I am beginning to think Miami is gonna pass on him and he will slide and we will trade up higher into round 1 to grab him to stop his fall. We get a good RB and your QB.

37?

I don't know.
It seems the experts are less confident that the phins are gonna take him.
All the more reason NOT to take him at 4.
I just keep having the Lady Quinn draft flash backs.

Shoot, one mock draft had us trading up with NE to get Weeden.
OldDawg

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:39 am

We aren't taking Tanney at 4. Too risky for Heck;

Tanney will go in the top 10 to the phins, or us ( after we get Claiborne or TR) or Seattle in a trade up.

My 2cents.
pod2dawg

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:29 am

pod2dawg wrote:We aren't taking Tanney at 4. Too risky for Heck;

Tanney will go in the top 10 to the phins, or us ( after we get Claiborne or TR) or Seattle in a trade up.

My 2cents.

SD:

I really can't understand how Browns fans don't get insulted when experts say the fit in Miami would be perfect for Tannehill, but stinks in Cleveland and we got the $50 million dollar man .

can somebody splain to me how that makes any fuckin sense.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:How about we just stick to the Re-Bi....errrr..,,,,,After-Birth Browns and the 21st Century

I prefer "Zombie Browns".

I hear Quincy Morgan lurks.

Bwahahahahahaha.

Chiaverini had good hands. Too bad they timed his 40 using a sundial and he fell down after every catch.

KJ had good hands. At least that what Willie's wife said... allegedly.
jb

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 am

Miami has his coach and a placeholder QB. The Browns do not have either.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:52 am

pod2dawg wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:I can certainly see Carroll giggling like a schoolgirl.

The Seahawks were the team that gave two 2's for Charlie Whitehurst, so I trust their QB judgement implicitly.

Yea.... hence

<<<<<<<<<<<

Well before Carroll got there though. Have to be idiots to sign Flynn and draft a QB in round 1.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:55 am

My 2cents.

We aren't taking Tannyhill because Heckert likes Weeden better. Any round. Any slot. Period.

And I still scoff at Mo being considered this head n shoulders above other CB's prospect. may not be considered the best prospect in his own conference by all NFL teams.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:33 am

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Miami has his coach and a placeholder QB. The Browns do not have either.

SD:

Seneca has 8 years in the WCO .

Nat Moore has zero .

Sherman worked for Holmgren and trained under him .

Chilly Haskell Shurmur Holmgren Jauron and Rhodes on defense all have deep seated roots in the WCO .

The phins have Philbin and Sherman and have to train a new staff.

Yet Miami is the panacea for his career.

Its pure adulterated media driven Bullshit.

Browns fans will stoopidly fall for anything,

29 year old fossils like Weeden will be a great pick for them

Riiight.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:40 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Miami has his coach and a placeholder QB. The Browns do not have either.

SD:

PLus he's a splended mentor for young QB's. So we have that going for us fur shur, which is nice.

You're yelling at clouds.
jb

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:12 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

Nat Moore has zero .

Chilly Haskell Shurmur Holmgren Jauron and Rhodes on defense all have deep seated roots in the WCO .

Riiight.

SoulDawg

I am not sure its that everyone thinks that Miami is a perfect fit and the Browns are not. I think it is more that the phins explored numerous off-season methods to upgrade at QB in the offseason, and the Browns didn't. Its more the message that the phins seem more desperate to upgrade at QB than the Browns (as measured by their offseason activity, not necessarily by need).
OldDawg

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:51 am

pup wrote:

37?

SD:

Don't be a sucker pup , the Phins missed on Flynn and Manning and got treated like red headed step children in regard to RG3 .

That owner is in a panic .

He's fretting about moving up to three for fear Cleveland is lieing and could easily trade down with Tampa or St Louis and pick him there if not outright at four.

anybody thinking this kid is gonna free fall , see me later ,
i've got a nice prospectus on some property in Florida , and you can trust me when i tell ya its all prime dry land.

SoulDawg

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:57 am

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

PLus he's a splended mentor for young QB's. So we have that going for us fur shur, which is nice.

You're yelling at clouds.

SD:

don't hate homeboy , i didn't even get around to mentioning he could room with Colty Colt , who could fetch their slippers and add salve to the wounds when mean old seneca was hurtin their little itsy bitsy feelings .

I've thought of everything .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby rk » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:54 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Vernon Gholston, Ngata, Akili Smith, JPP, Julio Jones, Heyward-Bey, and many many others beg to differ. Dontari Poe will too in a couple days.

You literally have no idea how the personell people graded those guys. And some of the teams that drafted them are historically inept. Oakland and Cincy in particular. Plenty of GMs (or owners/Presidents) throw out the draft grades given guys. The GMs who do that tend to get fired. The owners who do it tend to have shitty teams.

Find someone who works for a personell department and ask them the question. I did. The answer will change the way you look at the artificial 'drama' that surrounds the time between the start of the offseason and the draft.
"If your mouthpiece is strong, she’ll give you some money." - D. West
rk

Favorite Player: Ozzie Newsome
Least Favorite Player: Ray Lewis

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:17 pm

rk wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Vernon Gholston, Ngata, Akili Smith, JPP, Julio Jones, Heyward-Bey, and many many others beg to differ. Dontari Poe will too in a couple days.

You literally have no idea how the personell people graded those guys. And some of the teams that drafted them are historically inept. Oakland and Cincy in particular. Plenty of GMs (or owners/Presidents) throw out the draft grades given guys. The GMs who do that tend to get fired. The owners who do it tend to have shitty teams.

That's exactly the reason I didn't only mention busts. JPP's stock skyrocketed when he was doing backflips all over the combine - that seems to have worked out pretty well for the Giants. Unless if you're saying that the Giants always had him ranked highly and the combine was merely a coincidence.

rk wrote: Find someone who works for a personell department and ask them the question. I did. The answer will change the way you look at the artificial 'drama' that surrounds the time between the start of the offseason and the draft.

Was Gholston considered a top 5 pick before the combine yes or no? We live in an age where much of what is seen by the personnel departments is available and disseminated online. You're telling me that Poe was top 15 in the back offices but everyone else had him later, and it was only the combine that brought the mainstream to the same understanding as the personnel people? Its an inexact science, and most clubs use the combine as a factor when evaluating players.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:19 pm

swerb wrote:And I still cannot effing believe we whiffed on a gift wrapped chance to get Robert Griffin III.

I just want to restate my concurrence with this statement.

What a pile of horse flop.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:00 pm

jb wrote:

I prefer "Zombie Browns".

I hear Quincy Morgan lurks.

Bwahahahahahaha.

Chiaverini had good hands. Too bad they timed his 40 using a sundial and he fell down after every catch.

KJ had good hands. At least that what Willie's wife said... allegedly.

Everybody needs to read all that and let it sink in for awhile.....
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:02 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

Nat Moore has zero .

Riiight.

SoulDawg

Ha ha ha

That reads as if you want all of us to buy into your QB takes....

Thats pretty funn......Oh wait.....you're serious aren't you?

:pigs:
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

Nat Moore has zero .

Riiight.

SoulDawg

Ha ha ha

That reads as if you want all of us to buy into your QB takes....

Thats pretty funn......Oh wait.....you're serious aren't you?

:pigs:

The Browns don't need a QB , they use Mutts backups and sh!t and post losing records while their dumb ass fans scratch their heads at the results.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:

My 2cents.

SD:

I really can't understand how Browns fans don't get insulted when experts say the fit in Miami would be perfect for Tannehill, but stinks in Cleveland and we got the $50 million dollar man .

can somebody splain to me how that makes any fuckin sense.

SoulDawg

SD, I am insulted as a Browns fan on a daily basis.
pod2dawg

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:21 pm

Bump.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:Time to call your shot ladies ,but its all a practice in Academia because the card is in

and its gonna be .

Ryan Tannehill .

So Choke on the smoke of other flavors , because you just been told..

Anybody who thinks red face Mike is gonna by pass a QB trained in the WCO , by no less than his own former aid , who is a bigger faster more athletic version of his pet Monkey Colt with a real NFL arm has bypassed the pipe and gone straight to the needle . .

and don't be stoopid enough to come in here with the Heckert has last pick authority retort .

This decision is in and its way past his pay grade .

So anybody who doesn't like that news Fuck you in advance and choke on it .

The dopes finally get it right .

Ryan Tannehill ,Holmgren learns the Rope a Dope.

SoulDawg

Just got out of a meeting, missed the pick. Was it Tanny?
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:51 pm

"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Image

We don't need a QB , we got Colt The Mutt .

Hooray for us

We're so smart .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Ahhhhhhh, JFC Already

Here we go....another fuking year and a half of bitching whining Johnny One Note SD posts

Dude, just off yourself and save us living with your incessant bitching and self adulation

You're like cancer
Fire Marshall Bill

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL