Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

You're the GM. Who you picking at #4??

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Provided the Browns do not trade down, who should they select with the 4th pick?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St
15%
Trent Richardson RB Alabama
60%
Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
11%
Matt Kalil OT USC
2%
Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi St
No votes
Morris Claiborne CB LSU
11%
Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
No votes
Riley Reiff OT Iowa
No votes
Melvin Ingram DE/OLB South Carolina
No votes
Other
2%

Total votes : 47

Re: You're the GM. Who you picking at #4??

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:51 pm

In response to a viewer question on NFL32 on ESPN Kiper just said that the only way the Browns could screw up the 4th pick is if they take Tannehill. He says TR and Blackmon make much more sense. Earlier in the show, he and another analyst both said Tanney needs to sit a year or two before he's ready to play. He's not a sure thing.

On the same show, Billick is quoted as comparing Tanney to JaMarcus Russell... quick and late rise up the draft board based on potential. Not based on pro readiness.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 pm

OldDawg wrote:In response to a viewer question on NFL32 on ESPN Kiper just said that the only way the Browns could screw up the 4th pick is if they take Tannehill. He says TR and Blackmon make much more sense. Earlier in the show, he and another analyst both said Tanney needs to sit a year or two before he's ready to play. He's not a sure thing.

On the same show, Billick is quoted as comparing Tanney to JaMarcus Russell... quick and late rise up the draft board based on potential. Not based on pro readiness.

SD:

The crackhead coach who insisted ozzie should draft E Boller is now the authority on QB's don't make me laugh .

Son of a byche is so irrelevant he's now resorted to making hairbrained statements for attention , like a bitch flashin her tits.

The comparison Billick made was assinine , Russelll was a consensus number one pick on everybodies board , he as much as admitted to Russell having the highest grade ever given on their boards.

The Browns under Savage tried to trade up with Oakland to get him .

He was however a lazy triflin dope head , that just took the money to get high the rest of his life instead of work at his craft .

Tannehill is the son of a head coach , worked his cock off going to film study in QB meetings after going to receiever meetings and played wide out until he was good enough to play QB instead of carrying a clipboard on the bench waiving for the cheerleaders .

he's big fast and athletic and plays QB , maybe Billick doesn't know he aint Black .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 pm

OD:

And Kiper's take that the only way to screw up the 4th pick is to draft Tannehill?

OldDawg
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:12 am

motherscratcher wrote:Play it safe? We're not in a position to take risks? Nonsense.

We're working on a bakers dozen years of suck here. And we have to play it safe? Fuck that noise. Now is the perfect time to take a risk, when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

What, if we take a risk on Tannehill and it doesn't work out we're gonna suck some more?

It ain't the team that's ahead that throws the Hail Mary.

I can buy taking a chance on a QB who's perhaps inconsistent, short, or even has some crazy

lets say, for the sake of argument, dude lit it up his sophomore, junior seasons, and then sucked in his senior season, or suffered an injury.

You could maybe sell me on that, over taking the more sure thing in a Richardson or Blackmon,

This isn't the case though. What are you selling me on? Some dude who choked in every big game he played his senior season? Hell, for as bad as McCoy has looked at times, at least you can't take away how he played collegiality against similar competition. I could even maybe buy a Jay Cutler like situation where he's playing on a bad team against better competition, but at least looks good throughout. But, this isn't the case.

I don't know, maybe if he doesn't CHOKE in about every meaningful game he had his senior season, and A&M finishes with one loss, maybe we're not talking about this? Maybe he's in the running with a top grade this year in the draft.

But the fact remains. He's not that.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby yogi » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:18 am

Triple-S wrote:

You wanna know what Tannehill is? The f-ing Mystery Box. "oh, he could be Phillip Rivers if we're lucky! sweet! we just have to wait a year or two, and hope that every slides into place here".

Take. the. damn. boat. I want the player that the Browns can plug in and point out,and go "This guy right here? He's the franchise guy, he's the last guy I'd ever lose in a trade".

I don't want risks here. We're not in that position. We're not the Steelers, Patriots Giants, Packers,etc. Where we can go "What the hell?, Why not!". This isn't a joke. You're broke. You've got no cash. You had better take the 500 bucks right now, over the possible 1000 you'll get in 2 years.

As many starters as we can net in this draft as possible within the first 3 rounds. Past that? You can risk it all you want.

Boat cant take you to the Superbowl.

The mystery box may contain an invitation to the Superbowl.

If H&H feel Tanny has the goods thay have to make the pick.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby yogi » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:29 am

There is another scenario I was thinking could happen.

One thing we can all agree on is the Heckertt has done a masterful job of not letting it known the Brown's intentions with the 4th pick. We have leaked that we love 3 different players and open to trading down.

Miami, if they feel Tanny is the goods, can't really be comfortable that he will be there at 8. So, they will have to make a trade with Minny for #3. What would that take? A jump from 8 to 3 should cost a number 2 and next year's #1.

But Minny doesnt want to lose out on Kalil. Now Heckert could put a phone call into Minny and let them know if that scario with Miami plays out, we would let them come back up to 4 for the next year's one. They get Kalil and a 2nd rounder. We get #8, which will still land a Floyd or even TR plus next years one.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:50 pm

yogi wrote:There is another scenario I was thinking could happen.

One thing we can all agree on is the Heckertt has done a masterful job of not letting it known the Brown's intentions with the 4th pick. We have leaked that we love 3 different players and open to trading down.

Miami, if they feel Tanny is the goods, can't really be comfortable that he will be there at 8. So, they will have to make a trade with Minny for #3. What would that take? A jump from 8 to 3 should cost a number 2 and next year's #1.

But Minny doesnt want to lose out on Kalil. Now Heckert could put a phone call into Minny and let them know if that scario with Miami plays out, we would let them come back up to 4 for the next year's one. They get Kalil and a 2nd rounder. We get #8, which will still land a Floyd or even TR plus next years one.

If Minny's getting a 2 and next year's 1 to move from 3 to 8, then we should get at least a 1 and a 3 to move from 4 to 8.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
yogi wrote:There is another scenario I was thinking could happen.

If Minny's getting a 2 and next year's 1 to move from 3 to 8, then we should get at least a 1 and a 3 to move from 4 to 8.

This is one of the few draft situations that would make me cheer and clap outloud. Still get your WR/RB/OL upgrade, plus you get the package you may need next year to grab the franchise QB.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL