Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Welcome aboard, JB.

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Welcome aboard, JB.

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue May 08, 2007 9:30 pm

Phil's the man. The talent's there. He's doing his job.

It's time for Romeo to do his.

PS: I think I read somewhere that Baxter switched his number this offseason to 25.

PPS: If Braylon fulfills half his potential, if KII can stay healthy, and if Brady is who Dennis Green thought he was, we are a quality young RB & DL away from being straight up retarded in 2008.
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Welcome aboard, JB.

Unread postby jb » Wed May 09, 2007 10:28 am

HoodooMan wrote:Phil's the man. The talent's there. He's doing his job.

It's time for Romeo to do his.

PS: I think I read somewhere that Baxter switched his number this offseason to 25.

PPS: If Braylon fulfills half his potential, if KII can stay healthy, and if Brady is who Dennis Green thought he was, we are a quality young RB & DL away from being straight up retarded in 2008.

That's what I'm sayin. It is still about 2008 from a W's & L's perspective, as distasetful as that might sound. Too many variations and pieces parts interchanged this season, but when we get some quality D line depth and one decent playmaker in that mix, the D has the potential to get funky.

I'm not ready to write off JaLew yet. I want to see his hunger. That will detremine what sort of RB we need. I think there's a chance he can be a feature back good for 20 carries/game for about the next 3 seasons before we need that first-rounder to step in.

The only thing is I'd temper my take into more of a wait-and-see one than maybe you. The acorn isn't an oak.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL