Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Three Top Picks Don't Want To Play For Browns

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Three Top Picks Don't Want To Play For Browns

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 am

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/ ... witterfeed

Pseudo legit source, as these Senior Writers Bleacher Report is bringing in to try and save face as all legit well known and sourced dudes.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Three Top Picks Don't Want To Play For Browns

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:44 am

e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/03/nfl-report-three-top-draft-picks-dont-want-to-play-for-browns/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Pseudo legit source, as these Senior Writers Bleacher Report is bringing in to try and save face as all legit well known and sourced dudes.

It's Matt Miller and he's generally regarded as a solid guy there.

He's doing the radio tour at 330pm here on KNR and then 5pn on 923. I dunno how resolute agents would be. But I can imagine any number saying, "All things being even, I'd prefer to avoid that clusterfuck there in Cleveland."

No way to blame them. No way it makes a fucking bit of difference for their client. I imagine that's how it's said and that's what Miller reported.

But this town is hyper sensitive about everything so we'll get all swolled up, make too much out of nothing, probably blame him, and seek a defensive position.

Let's Go!!!!
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:58 am

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/03/nfl-report-three-top-draft-picks-dont-want-to-play-for-browns/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

He's doing the radio tour at 330pm here on KNR and then 5pn on 923. I dunno how resolute agents would be. But I can imagine any number saying, "All things being even, I'd prefer to avoid that clusterfuck there in Cleveland."

No way to blame them. No way it makes a fucking bit of difference for their client. I imagine that's how it's said and that's what Miller reported.

But this town is hyper sensitive about everything so we'll get all swolled up, make too much out of nothing, probably blame him, and seek a defensive position.

Let's Go!!!!

Fucking Holmgren. It's all his fault. (you mean like that) :hide:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Who gives a fuck?

I don't want to pay interest on my mortgage, but I guess I have to if I want to keep my house.

Of course they don't want to play in Cleveland. It's a shitty team with a shitty QB.

But since they have no control over who drafts them, they can blow themselves.

In other breaking news, April follows May on the calendar.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby swerb » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Any Bob Lamonte clients in the top 10-15 overall players? That's always a safe route.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Let's Go!!!!

Fucking Holmgren. It's all his fault. (you mean like that) :hide:

Nah... not that route. I meant we'll blame the writer and attempt to discredit him when, as hiko said (and I wholeheartedly agree) it doesn't matter. They're going where they're drafted and they have no leverage given the slotting.

So, as Hiko said (and I wholeheartedly agree), "Fuck 'em. Who cares?"

Now- You wanna make the argument that it directly bit their fat asses in FA? I think you can do that and I don't think it's a stretch at all. I never did. That's why I said in many cases, until they build a winner, you'll need to overpay by 15-30% to get guys with a choice to come here and play.

And that's a really bad indication of the organization's health and stature in the business. No argument. And H&H are responsible for that.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:48 pm

I understand and appreciate where he's coming from; people were saying the same thing about Detroit until they got the high level picks and put together that team.

The complete lack of interest in FA's is the only thing that flabbergasted me. I expected them to pick up some solid role players, the type that you can fill in with your 20 "core" players they look to add over the next 2-3 years. They've grabbed zero, and have flatly denied interest in nearly every report that has surfaced of them showing interest.

It's like they are deliberately cutting their noses off to spite their face.

That being said, it doesn't appear that they had much room to negotiate; people didn't want to come here, and they returned that favor by refusing to overpay them. Going to take some development and signs of life for 2-3 years (along with stability) before they can lure ANY reasonably capable FA's here, without massively overpaying them.....and part of that respectability is going to come from a less conservative playbook and a capable QB, which sucks.....for us, as fans.

Feel like every morning I wake up to a new Cleveland sports punch in the dick.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby pup » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:56 pm

In Mike you trust
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Free Agents... there're still some out there. They'll sign some more.

As far as the bigger name guys... well, it's a combination of not wanting to overpay, not wanting the guy, and the guy making it clear he's just not interested if they do call.

It's a good thing they don't want to build through Free Agency b/c they won't be able to until they turn this team around. Bad teams with bad QB's in tough divisions do not appeal to ANYONE. It's hardly like the Browns are the only team that suffers from this malady. And the only cure is to win.

If the Browns had managed to get the RG3 trade done, it would've been a totally different story. Failing on that front only cemented the public perception that the Browns are football Siberia.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL