Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Add RB to the list of offensive needs, Hillis a Chief

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Add RB to the list of offensive needs, Hillis a Chief

Unread postby swerb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Per Schefter.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Add RB to the list of offensive needs, Hillis a Chief

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:10 pm

With Romeo, Brian Daboll, and Peyton Hillis, you just know that the Chiefs are going straight to the Super Bowl.

RB was probably a need even if Hillis re-signed. Maybe this ups the offer for Tate up to a 2nd.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby swerb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 pm

1 yr, 3 million. Damn. Madden Curse = lethal.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:19 pm

swerb wrote:1 yr, 3 million. Damn. Madden Curse = lethal.

Ha! And Gronkowski is actively campaigning for it. To think I was gonna make him one of my Keepers...
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:30 pm

It's a good thing he went back to his first Agent. No way anyone else gets him that huge $3 mil contract for a whole year.

Dude needs medication.
Hikohadon

Unread postby swerb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:36 pm

My prediction. Jamaal Charles gets hurt again and Hillis has a very nice year in KC. I would have definitely brought him back at that price point.

I am NOT a fan of Montario Hardesty. At all. Lacks burst and can't catch. In a WCO.

Jackson coming off injury, Ogbonnya = too small. Shitty third down back at best.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:38 pm

swerb wrote:My prediction. Jamaal Charles gets hurt again and Hillis has a very nice year in KC. I would have definitely brought him back at that price point.

I am NOT a fan of Montario Hardesty. At all. Lacks burst and can't catch. In a WCO.

Jackson coming off injury, Ogbonnya = too small. Shitty third down back at best.

And you don't think the Browns would've brought him back at that price?

It's fairly obvious that he took less so he could "show" the Browns just how awesome he is.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:39 pm

I've never seen a team seriously not care this much about improving the roster. period.

I mean, this is Donald Sterling level incompetence. At least you can kind of side with the Tribe and the Cavs for their recent tank job. (and going back to it, eeyore's quote on Shapiro being a fine mid-market owner is beginning to ring true everyday.), the Browns? In-fucking-excusable for the lack of activity.

As it stands now, the Browns have now officially became WORSE on offense than they were in 20-fucking-10 when Brian Daboll was running things, and with Robiskie and Massaqoui were our star receivers.

There is nothing on this roster that makes me want to put 65 bucks for a ticket. Absolutely nothing. Hell, I may try to find ways to avoid watching this complete and utter CRAP all together if things don't change. Izod Indycar is calling my name, and at least they don't fucking treat their fans like garbage year in and year out.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Take 2 to tango, S-Cubed. If you offer the guy more and he takes less somewhere else, maybe He Just Isn't That Into You.

He was seeking far far more than 1 year, $3 mil when this thing began. I would almost GUARANTEE the Browns would've paid that.

Go get Tate, never look back. Huge upgrade.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Go get Tate, never look back. Huge upgrade.

kind hoping still for trent richardson.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:52 pm

FWIW, I'm with Swerb and Trip-S on this. Is Hillis great? No. Good enough to bring back for a yr. or two? Yep.
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:03 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:FWIW, I'm with Swerb and Trip-S on this. Is Hillis great? No. Good enough to bring back for a yr. or two? Yep.

OF COURSE HE WAS. THE BROWNS SAID REPEATEDLY THEY WERE TRYING TO BRING HIM BACK. IF A GUY JUST WANTS TO LEAVE, HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO STOP HIM?
Hikohadon

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:FWIW, I'm with Swerb and Trip-S on this. Is Hillis great? No. Good enough to bring back for a yr. or two? Yep.

OF COURSE HE WAS. THE BROWNS SAID REPEATEDLY THEY WERE TRYING TO BRING HIM BACK. IF A GUY JUST WANTS TO LEAVE, HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO STOP HIM?

I suspect you're right, esp. w/ signing for one yr. Just saying if he was willing, I'd have done it.
CleSportsTruth

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

They allegedly offered him 3 yrs/$9million, 3 yrs/$16m last season and an incentive laden 3-year deal as recently as last month.

He keeps getting cheaper and dumber.

Now, I guess we need to let people bitch for a bit. As misplaced as their anger over this may be I've been told it's wrong to complain about their complaints. Even if logic isn't at all a part of them ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby swerb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:20 pm

All I'm saying is that it's not like the guy would take 2 mill less to go somewhere else for a year. Browns would have offered him 4.5-5 mill, he's here, unless he's really as dumb as he looks, sounds, and acted last year.

Which means there was zero market for him and the Browns didn't want him back for some reason. Seems like there's more to the story here.

Even at 1 year, 5 mill ... the Browns would be insane not to bring him back if they feel there is a decent chance of him being close to the back he was in 2010.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:21 pm

I don't understand, every new hole that pops up on an offense with like four positions set and a defense with like six adds to the length of the rebuild.

We're already looking at a five year plan for Holmes regime at the very least.

That is the frustration. You can make fun of people for being pissed off all you want, but with each day the speed of the rebuild slows a little bit more.

But damnit, Holmes is gonna do it the right way!!! The draft way!!!

And then when he needs a franchise QB he's going to trade three first for him and still have ten UFA's in the top two of the draft chart because he'll have kept to his you get two or three FA's a year wetdream.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Say goodbye to the Lombardi Trophy. I guess the Browns won't be any good now.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:24 pm

swerb wrote:All I'm saying is that it's not like the guy would take 2 mill less to go somewhere else for a year. Browns would have offered him 4.5-5 mill, he's here, unless he's really as dumb as he looks, sounds, and acted last year.

You cannot be serious here.

That absolutely was the case. And it isn't unheard of when it comes to players with big heads and small brains after one decent year and some publicity.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:27 pm

peeker643 wrote:They allegedly offered him 3 yrs/$9million, 3 yrs/$16m last season and an incentive laden 3-year deal as recently as last month.

He keeps getting cheaper and dumber.

Now, I guess we need to let people bitch for a bit. As misplaced as their anger over this may be I've been told it's wrong to complain about their complaints. Even if logic isn't at all a part of them ;-) ;) :wink:

Don't think I'm not pissed off about this. I am. Another guy that takes less to go somewhere else, even if the dude is batshit crazy. H & H be sittin' in their offices saying "What the fuck did we get ourselves into?"

But, yeah, this one's on Hillis. Stupid hilljack psycho.

But I get that prolonged flogging eventually leads to anger which leads to a certain disreason. This is why we drink.

If they get Tate, then Hillis is just a bad trip we took, and thank god our hands have finally stopped shaking.
Hikohadon

Unread postby swerb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:29 pm

JCoz wrote:
swerb wrote:All I'm saying is that it's not like the guy would take 2 mill less to go somewhere else for a year. Browns would have offered him 4.5-5 mill, he's here, unless he's really as dumb as he looks, sounds, and acted last year.

You cannot be serious here.

That absolutely was the case. And it isn't unheard of when it comes to players with big heads and small brains after one decent year and some publicity.

I find that hard to believe. This league, where the average career of a RB is like 4 years, I'd be shocked if the guy walked away from 2 million dollars cause he wanted to shove it up the Browns ass. Not like the guy has made a lot of $ in his career. Sure all that Madden $ is gone with that new wife of his.

I think there is more to the story here. Hopefully it comes out. Cause Hillis, when his head was right, was a helluva back. Runs people over, great hands, the larger than normal facemask. I'm shocked he only signed for 1/3.

Guy may be just a stupid hilbilly. It's possible.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Mary Kay just tweeted that the Browns did not make Hillis an offer, per his latest agent, Jimmy Sexton.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Which means there was zero market for him and the Browns didn't want him back for some reason. Seems like there's more to the story here.

Even at 1 year, 5 mill ... the Browns would be insane not to bring him back if they feel there is a decent chance of him being close to the back he was in 2010.

He was dumb enough to not capitalize on all of his success of 2010 and the Madden crap. He's hired more agents than his beloved CIA in the past two years. He's a fucking nut. Like Glenn Close Rabbit in the Pot crazy.

I don't think he ever was coming back here after the strep/hurt/okay/intervention thing.

They offered him more than anyone at least twice.

I'd have been fine with a year for $3-$5m but again, don't see this as Browns issue so much as Hillis is a redneck tool box issue.

YMMV

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:36 pm

swerb wrote:Mary Kay just tweeted that the Browns did not make Hillis an offer, per his latest agent, Jimmy Sexton.

They NEVER made him an offer?

Or just not in the last 24 hours?

I'll chop off a finger if the Browns NEVER made an offer better than 1 year, $3 mil.
Hikohadon

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Who cares, he peaked 2 years ago then got a big head. What was he gonna do, make the Browns 4-12 instead of 3-13?
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:51 pm

swerb wrote:Mary Kay just tweeted that the Browns did not make Hillis an offer, per his latest agent, Jimmy Sexton.

Maybe it was left on the voice mail of one of the other 4 agents this past winter? ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

They NEVER made him an offer?

Or just not in the last 24 hours?

I'll chop off a finger if the Browns NEVER made an offer better than 1 year, $3 mil.

3 years, $16m was a documented offer.

Not to mention there are about 12 bazillion offers that are made that are never 'made', if you understand what I'm saying.

If you don't believe Hillis was offered more than a year and $3million then I'm never gonna convince you of it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:55 pm

Hikohadon wrote:It's a good thing he went back to his first Agent. No way anyone else gets him that huge $3 mil contract for a whole year.

Dude needs medication.

21st Century Joe Don Looney
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:57 pm

swerb wrote:

Trying hard not to come off as fanboi, and they will tai a RB with one of the first three picks, probably the kid from UW, but it takes 2 seasons to come back from that knee injury.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:59 pm

jb wrote:
swerb wrote:

Trying hard not to come off as fanboi, and they will tai a RB with one of the first three picks, probably the kid from UW, but it takes 2 seasons to come back from that knee injury.

Not to mention the hands were there at UT. They flanked him in WR sets and catching the football was one of his strengths.

But he had a 3-4 game period last year where it looked like he was trying to catch wet bars of soap.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Let us not forget this fact, gentlemen: Hillis just passed on a starting job to become a backup. For less money.

Fuck that noise.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:03 pm

jb wrote:
swerb wrote:

I am also one who thinks that Hardesty still might have a future, but I think that the Browns will still address the open RB slot, whether in the draft or other.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I don't understand, every new hole that pops up on an offense with like four positions set and a defense with like six adds to the length of the rebuild.

We're already looking at a five year plan for Holmes regime at the very least.

That is the frustration. You can make fun of people for being pissed off all you want, but with each day the speed of the rebuild slows a little bit more.

But damnit, Holmes is gonna do it the right way!!! The draft way!!!

And then when he needs a franchise QB he's going to trade three first for him and still have ten UFA's in the top two of the draft chart because he'll have kept to his you get two or three FA's a year wetdream.

Question- was it a hole or was it not a hole last year with him? Dude was found money coming back for Quinn. Ya wanna bitch, bitch about the Hardesty and Marecic picks.

Hillis had a terrific 2010. Aside from that last year isn't an aberration. Love the style and the brand he wears. But it doesn't exactly lead to longevity. He's had 1 healthy season in the league.

So much more to be bent about than him. He wasn't on the team when he signed with KC. They did not cut him. They offered him a huge deal last year. He said no then flaked and got hurt.

That money is still available and the roster spot still open.

I bet they fill it before they play in September.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Screw it. Just take Knile Davis at 37.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:20 pm

You know it's serious when SSS starts dropping F-Bombs.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby andrew6586 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:32 pm

We will be fine without him. Let's get Ben Tate and look forward. Hillis is a pre-Madonna cry baby who allianated himself in the locker room. Screw him.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby pup » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Cleveland Browns Free Agency, Creating more holes than filling since 2009.

Wait, Mike Holmgren said they offered him 3 and 16? Must be true.

Can someone just start a new thread telling me when we can officially be pissed off and rant for real?

Is it when we draft another offensive lineman in the first round?
Is it when Colt McCoy is still the best QB on the roster?
Is it when Rusty Fucker is out best FA signing?
Do I have to wait until Montario Hardesty is our #1 RB for 2 quarters of week 1?
Is it while watching Greg Little bounce passes off his shoulder ma pads once a week?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:55 pm

andrew6586 wrote:We will be fine without him. Let's get Ben Tate and look forward. Hillis is a pre-Madonna cry baby who allianated himself in the locker room. Screw him.

Would that be like Cyndi Lauper? or are you talking about Olivia Newton John ;-) ;) :wink:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:51 am

I wonder how many people are stuck with a "Hillis" jersey. I guess us people should learn by now to pay the extra dough to have yer own last name on the back of the jersey.

After all, the average lifetime of a Cleveland star athlete is less than the time of a morning beer fart.

:cheers:
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:58 am

bookelly wrote:I wonder how many people are stuck with a "Hillis" jersey. I guess us people should learn by now to pay the extra dough to have yer own last name on the back of the jersey.

My choice was down between bernie and him.

and bernie won out.

thank god.

Triple-S

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:45 am

pup wrote:Cleveland Browns Free Agency, Creating more holes than filling since 2009.

Can someone just start a new thread telling me when we can officially be pissed off and rant for real?

Do I have to wait until Montario Hardesty is our #1 RB for 2 quarters of week 1?
Is it while watching Greg Little bounce passes off his shoulder ma pads once a week?

SD:

I dunno I was down wth Randy calling Holmgren on the carpet the minute they blew the RG3 pick lobbing off his head and kicking it down the steps of Berea and reclaiming the franchise , for for gross insubordination and incompetence .

There is no way its an accident that suddenly Colt is now the last man standing and no other QB is in sight .

MKC reported the Browns have not contacted Flynn and that my friend is the smokin gun that the RG3 debacle was no accident.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pup » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:09 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
pup wrote:Cleveland Browns Free Agency, Creating more holes than filling since 2009.

SD:

I dunno I was down wth Randy calling Holmgren on the carpet the minute they blew the RG3 pick lobbing off his head and kicking it down the steps of Berea and reclaiming the franchise , for for gross insubordination and incompetence .

There is no way its an accident that suddenly Colt is now the last man standing and no other QB is in sight .

MKC reported the Browns have not contacted Flynn and that my friend is the smokin gun that the RG3 debacle was no accident.

SoulDawg

I am starting to believe, they thought they were all in and going to get RG3 and now that they did not they have shat all over their offices and have no idea what to do next.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby General » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:57 am

Shit...now that means we got NOTHING for Brady Quinn.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby jb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:07 am

Ziner wrote:
andrew6586 wrote:We will be fine without him. Let's get Ben Tate and look forward. Hillis is a pre-Madonna cry baby who allianated himself in the locker room. Screw him.

Would that be like Cyndi Lauper? or are you talking about Olivia Newton John ;-) ;) :wink:

+ 1

hate it when idiots can't get that one right; unless he knew that and it was satire...
jb

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:29 am

All signs point to Colt. Give him a proper offseason and see what he can do.

I'm very ok with this. We're not winning the Superbowl next year. And Colt costs no picks and no draft choices.

Why does this "lose now for picks" or "wave of players" strategy hold for the Cavs and Tribe but not the Browns?

/Everyone needs to relax. It's all part of the plan to contend in 2037. :group:
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:32 am

Jason's got some thoughts on Tate for anyone interested.

http://bit.ly/zwN3aX

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Spin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:41 am

Hikohadon wrote:

OF COURSE HE WAS. THE BROWNS SAID REPEATEDLY THEY WERE TRYING TO BRING HIM BACK.

And you believed them?

The news today is they never made an offer.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby swerb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:46 am

I just can't see Tate coming for anything less than the price tag of #37 overall.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Spin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:57 am

bookelly wrote:All signs point to Colt. Give him a proper offseason and see what he can do.

I'm very ok with this. We're not winning the Superbowl next year. And Colt costs no picks and no draft choices.

I'm not infatuated with Flynn based on two games with Green Bay's O against crap D's. He looks more Jeremy Lin than Tom Brady to me.

Kolb is not an upgrade over Colt, throws more interceptions per attempt, same meh factor.

Tannehill is not a high 1st rounder, but he won't be there with our late pick. Neither is Weinke I MEAN Weeden.

Keeping Colt makes the best sense if you somehow find yourself in this situation. ::doh::
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:19 am

swerb wrote:I just can't see Tate coming for anything less than the price tag of #37 overall.

The more you see of him the righter you may be.

That said, I'd rather not give that up. You can get Miller or Wilson at 37 or even wait and look for Doug Martin a round or two later.

Impression: Martin isn't a dynamic size/speed back, but there aren't many negatives to his game as a back. He plays fast, runs low, is natural through the line of scrimmage and has a skill set somewhat similar to former Alabama RB Mark Ingram last year. He might fall a bit because he doesn't run overly well, but he has the skill set to start in the league.

All three of those guys are a better value than Richardson at 4 though it's Wilson and Martin who are supposedly much better in blitz pickup.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:21 am

Unfortunately, I agree with Spin. Unless you can get Weinke v 2.0 at 37 and take a flier, Colt with another full year in the same system with (hopefully) better receivers and development from Norwood and Little is probably going to be better than anything else that we still have a shot at. Hope to get your elite QB next year, without having to give up the farm for it.

Maybe we'll be rewarded for the patience of not blowing 3 years of first rounders by having some productive elite talent this year and a QB next year. Not holding my breath, though.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL