Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Logic FAIL

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Logic FAIL

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Hearing from friends, family, etc. who are thrilled/relieved we didn't get RGIII, and the response is "we need to fix other stuff first, THEN we'll get the QB!" Uh, how does that work? Can you just orchestrate the perfect time to get the franchise guy?

If we build up the other offensive positions, you're stuck in purgatory, 7-9 wins. Mediocre, at best, but just good enough to NOT be able to get that QB.

I know, I know, "Tom Brady was a 6th-rounder!" Good luck with that.
CleSportsTruth

Re: Logic FAIL

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:47 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:Hearing from friends, family, etc. who are thrilled/relieved we didn't get RGIII, and the response is "we need to fix other stuff first, THEN we'll get the QB!" Uh, how does that work? Can you just orchestrate the perfect time to get the franchise guy?

If we build up the other offensive positions, you're stuck in purgatory, 7-9 wins. Mediocre, at best, but just good enough to NOT be able to get that QB.

I know, I know, "Tom Brady was a 6th-rounder!" Good luck with that.

There's never a wrong time to get a Franchise QB.

If you don't have one, you need one. ASAP.

It's harder to get a Franchise QB when you've "fixed everything else" cuz you'll likely have a middle round draft pick.

It should be priority #1. And I think that Heckgren knows this. Twice they've tried to trade the farm to get the guy, and twice they've failed.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL