Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Are we afraid?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Are we afraid?

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:12 pm

So, it occurs to me after reading Twitter and talking to folks who are relieved the Browns didn't make the RGIII that perhaps this is a star-averse town.

Part of it is cultural. This is a "blue-collar" town that is leary of celebrities and worries about "prima donnas" who don't, in their eyes, "embrace us," and aren't pure "team guys." It's not what we see ourselves as representing.

Secondly, the LeBron experience. The one star we had "spurned" us, on nat'l TV. Even today with Kyrie, who I love, there's a reluctance to embrace him and the team, lest we get hurt again.

And given that there are people (not here, but in the city) who would've taken McCoy over Griffin straight-up, one has to wonder if there isn't a SMALL racial element to it as well.

In the end, many are more comfortable winning occasionally, as long as we "do it right/the right way." Bring in a bunch of "good players," and "character guys," so as to "build a team." If so, OK, but don't whine about never winning then.
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:15 pm

It's because the Browns brass didn't want to give up all the draft picks required to get RGIII.

It's not like they picked someone else over him in the draft.
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:18 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:It's because the Browns brass didn't want to give up all the draft picks required to get RGIII.

It's not like they picked someone else over him in the draft.


But why were so many reluctant to get him at any price? That's the heart of my question.
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Clearly it's because he's black.

Actually it's because when teams try to get one player at any price, the price usually ends up being their soul. It doesn't work.
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:25 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Clearly it's because he's black.

Actually it's because when teams try to get one player at any price, the price usually ends up being their soul. It doesn't work.


Huh?

Signed,

The NY Giants, Indy Colts (one player made them), Most NBA teams except the '03-04 Pistons, etc.
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:28 pm

Huh?

Signed,

Those Teams Did Not Get The One Player At Any Price, Especially The Colts (And Why Are The NY Giants Who Are Filled With Studs Listed?)
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:32 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Huh?

Signed,

Those Teams Did Not Get The One Player At Any Price, Especially The Colts (And Why Are The NY Giants Who Are Filled With Studs Listed?)


Are the Giants champs w/o Eli? Oh, and the Colts did pay a price: They had to suck in order to get him.

Point is, stars, whatever the price, matter.
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Are the Giants champs w/out Justin Tuck? They didn't do too well without him. Are they champs w/out Victor Cruz? That guy had a hell of a season. Eli is pretty important, but he didn't hold four postseason foes to 20 points or less each.

Your point is not that stars matter. Your point is that a team should do "whatever it takes" to get one. Usually, doing "whatever it takes" ruins your franchise. Ask the Saints about Ricky Williams, ask the Vikings about Herschel Walker. That's "whatever it takes."
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:41 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Are the Giants champs w/out Justin Tuck? They didn't do too well without him. Are they champs w/out Victor Cruz? That guy had a hell of a season. Eli is pretty important, but he didn't hold four postseason foes to 20 points or less each.

Your point is not that stars matter. Your point is that a team should do "whatever it takes" to get one. Usually, doing "whatever it takes" ruins your franchise. Ask the Saints about Ricky Williams, ask the Vikings about Herschel Walker. That's "whatever it takes."


RB does NOT = QB. Trading for an RB like that is dumb. For a franchise QB? Not dumb.

Oh, and w/o QB, I don't care about every other piece. Period.
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:41 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Clearly it's because he's black.

Actually it's because when teams try to get one player at any price, the price usually ends up being their soul. It doesn't work.


SD:

Too bad this joke falls to close to the truth .

They ran a poll and 60% of the morons who answered prefered Colt Mccoy over RG3 straight up .

If he was white with the same qualifications would that vote have been the same .

Or is it simply because we're adverse to embrace stars .

Doubt thats the case if you look at how many wanted Thome back , when he couldn't even play .

our fan base unfortunately is about two steps dumber than the stoopid Hilljacks .

Because we accept this bullshit and line up for more .

There are so many stupid posters who view this as another chance for Colt than a loss for the Franchise you can't even count em .

Not necessarily on this board , but look around the net and be ashamed , be very ashamed.

I'm ashamed at how stupid we are , the possibilities of race issues don't even bother Im sad that our fan base is just fucking ignorant and lerner is following the advice of a gutless theiving weasel who sabotaged a deal any school girl could have made.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3102
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Race played absolutely no role in the Browns brass passing up a deal to move up and draft RGIII.

Perhaps it is a reason why some fans are happy they didn't do it. But that's irrelevant to the deal being made or not made.

As for why people aren't embracing Kyrie Irving? The team blows and not many care about basketball to begin with. Have a winning season. You'll be embraced.
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:49 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Race played absolutely no role in the Browns brass passing up a deal to move up and draft RGIII.


this.

no one gives a damn.

70-80% of the people I came across wanted him. and those that didn't? we're moreso about just building up the team, not because the guy was black.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6360
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:24 pm

1. They didn't trade up due to the high cost. Not because RG is black. Just stop, that's fucking stupid.

2. Who is "they" and what poll did they run? I bet it was all scientific and shit.

3. Are you guys deaf and blind? Cleveland IS embracing Kyrie Irving.

4. This thread is the poopies
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Bring back the "We can get Dwight Howard" thread.

Christ.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6505
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:31 pm

motherscratcher wrote:1. They didn't trade up due to the high cost. Not because RG is black. Just stop, that's fucking stupid.

2. Who is "they" and what poll did they run? I bet it was all scientific and shit.

3. Are you guys deaf and blind? Cleveland IS embracing Kyrie Irving.

4. This thread is the poopies



SD:

They didn't step up because Holmgren is a Jackass , but the original question was why are some fans so relieved , was it fear of embracing a star , or because we got a bunch of necks who didn't want to see our boyeee out of ford commercials .

Me it was some of both , but mostely because our fan base as a whole is just plain fuckin stoopid.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3102
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:13 pm

With you on that SD, and I'm not going to argue that race may play a part in it for some of the fan base. I just think it had nothing to do with H&H's decision.

But more than race, I think this fan base is averse to trading draft picks of any kind for any reason. I think draft picks represent hope for many fans. Hope for the future and hope for things to come. Combine that with the general stupidity that is endemic over all walks of life, creeds, races, and cultures and you have a bunch of assholes that think you need to "plug all of the holes and then get the quarterback".

It's the same shit last season with the Ubaldo trade. For a lot of people it was a disaster because it took away the shining light at the end of the tunnel and shoved it right in their faces. They could no long look far into the future for their redemption but had to face the facts that for better or worse, the rebuild was over, the chips were pushed in, and we were left to contend with the reality of the present that is far more likely to fall short of our hopes and dreams than to fulfill them.

This town is riddled with misguided fans that are afraid to push the chips in and see what happens because "what if it doesn't work?". Never do they admit to themselves that if it doesn't then we are no worse off than we have been for the better part of two decades, so what's the difference?

But for the vast majority of them, I think it probably has very little or nothing to do with race.

Most of the people who voted for colt in that poll aren't wearing sheets withnholes cut in them. For some reason they think that we need to "plug them holes". "No QB can succeed behind that line/with those receivers.". For some assinine reason QB is the last hole to plug. When you already have a perfect team in place.

Or something. Makes no sense to me.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7678
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Entire premise is faulty, since majority of reactions I've seen are negative toward the decision not to make a trade up.
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:36 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Here's a racist mad that the Browns might trade for RGIII: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-zOo6ydhQY
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:49 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:SoulDawg FOUND!

http://fox8.com/2012/03/10/angry-fan-cu ... h-machete/


lol

one of my friends got interviewed for that.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6360
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:35 am

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:SoulDawg FOUND!

http://fox8.com/2012/03/10/angry-fan-cu ... h-machete/


Boy, that guy was lucky that his mom didn't come downstairs at that moment and found him playing with knives.

She might've made him get a job.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby trsteve1 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:30 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
our fan base unfortunately is about two steps dumber than the stoopid Hilljacks .



Dood, this is America, the majority of the population is "two steps dumber than the stoopid Hilljacks".. and that's a fact. So, what do you expect?


I mean, I like McCoy, irrationally more than the next guy, but I would have loved to get a stud in the Brown and Orange, HOWEVER, not at that price. The Giants got Eli with ONE additional first rounder, not TWO. I think the only lesson to be learned here is that Daniel Snyder is only good at one thing as NFL owner, and that is OVERPAYING FOR PLAYERS.
Le sigh
User avatar
trsteve1
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:57 pm
Favorite Player: Nolan Ryan
Least Favorite Player: Troy Aikman

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:19 pm

trsteve1 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
our fan base unfortunately is about two steps dumber than the stoopid Hilljacks .



Dood, this is America, the majority of the population is "two steps dumber than the stoopid Hilljacks".. and that's a fact. So, what do you expect?


I mean, I like McCoy, irrationally more than the next guy, but I would have loved to get a stud in the Brown and Orange, HOWEVER, not at that price. The Giants got Eli with ONE additional first rounder, not TWO. I think the only lesson to be learned here is that Daniel Snyder is only good at one thing as NFL owner, and that is OVERPAYING FOR PLAYERS.


SD:

It wasn't like that with the old guard unlike thisnewgeneration of dweebs they understood you can't play football without a QB .

Its nice you like mcCoy , I like him as much a I like german Sheperds as a Fuckin pet ,, but he aint no fuckin QB .

Thatas the difference and thats what makes you and anybody who supports his return over better a complete and utter fuckin asshole.

You play to win the game , and it don't start with who you like it starts with getting people who can make the plays to get the damn job done.

In the 60's there waas many a Fuckin Neck who hated Jim Browns Black Ass , but damn if they didn't love the fact he could whup cockuckers for our Colors.

These dummies are content to luv pet rocks , not that a guy can play , which is ignorant insanity .


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3102
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby Spin » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:34 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Actually it's because when teams try to get one player at any price, the price usually ends up being their soul. It doesn't work.


True Dat,

Signed,

Mike Ditka

Former New Orleans Saints GM
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:24 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:1. They didn't trade up due to the high cost. Not because RG is black. Just stop, that's fucking stupid.

2. Who is "they" and what poll did they run? I bet it was all scientific and shit.

3. Are you guys deaf and blind? Cleveland IS embracing Kyrie Irving.

4. This thread is the poopies



SD:

They didn't step up because Holmgren is a Jackass , but the original question was why are some fans so relieved , was it fear of embracing a star , or because we got a bunch of necks who didn't want to see our boyeee out of ford commercials .

Me it was some of both , but mostely because our fan base as a whole is just plain fuckin stoopid.

SoulDawg


SD= The one person who got the point of the thread- FAN reaction. Why H+H did what they did is irrelevant to this thread.

Forget this place- I'm pretty confident 50+% of all Browns want/wanted Shrimpy over RGIII, even at little cost. My question: WHY?
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:59 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:1. They didn't trade up due to the high cost. Not because RG is black. Just stop, that's fucking stupid.

2. Who is "they" and what poll did they run? I bet it was all scientific and shit.

3. Are you guys deaf and blind? Cleveland IS embracing Kyrie Irving.

4. This thread is the poopies



SD:

They didn't step up because Holmgren is a Jackass , but the original question was why are some fans so relieved , was it fear of embracing a star , or because we got a bunch of necks who didn't want to see our boyeee out of ford commercials .

Me it was some of both , but mostely because our fan base as a whole is just plain fuckin stoopid.

SoulDawg


SD= The one person who got the point of the thread- FAN reaction. Why H+H did what they did is irrelevant to this thread.

Forget this place- I'm pretty confident 50+% of all Browns want/wanted Shrimpy over RGIII, even at little cost. My question: WHY?


I think the answer you're looking for is that if they got RG3, then expectations would go through the roof and they wouldn't be able to defend their cutie flavor of the week and sit comfortably knowing they can count on the Browns to always deliver the "Woe is me" that they have become accustomed to. No worries about going through the stress of being a potential championship team, only to get dumped/fail.

It's occurred to me at times as well... logically, it makes no sense, so I'm inclined to discount it. But then again, when have fans made sense?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm glad for the kid. Far better to be young, successful & African-American in DC than here.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:39 pm

CleSportsTruth wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:1. They didn't trade up due to the high cost. Not because RG is black. Just stop, that's fucking stupid.

2. Who is "they" and what poll did they run? I bet it was all scientific and shit.

3. Are you guys deaf and blind? Cleveland IS embracing Kyrie Irving.

4. This thread is the poopies



SD:

They didn't step up because Holmgren is a Jackass , but the original question was why are some fans so relieved , was it fear of embracing a star , or because we got a bunch of necks who didn't want to see our boyeee out of ford commercials .

Me it was some of both , but mostely because our fan base as a whole is just plain fuckin stoopid.

SoulDawg


SD= The one person who got the point of the thread- FAN reaction. Why H+H did what they did is irrelevant to this thread.

Forget this place- I'm pretty confident 50+% of all Browns want/wanted Shrimpy over RGIII, even at little cost. My question: WHY?



Racism and faux football knowledge the think mitigates Shrimpy McNoodleArm. Lets just keep it real.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:51 pm

jb wrote:I'm glad for the kid. Far better to be young, successful & African-American in DC than here.


I wonder if the people that actually lived in DC would concur.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4194
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:I'm glad for the kid. Far better to be young, successful & African-American in DC than here.


I wonder if the people that actually lived in DC would concur.


From my perspective in 6 years here - DC, yes....Maryland/Balt? probably not much different than C-town in that sense.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:00 pm

DC is WAY WAY WAY WAY better than Cleveland at this point, it has come a long was since the suck that was 1990s. One of the youngest, cleanest and gernally best places in the country.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby CleSportsTruth » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
CleSportsTruth wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:1. They didn't trade up due to the high cost. Not because RG is black. Just stop, that's fucking stupid.

2. Who is "they" and what poll did they run? I bet it was all scientific and shit.

3. Are you guys deaf and blind? Cleveland IS embracing Kyrie Irving.

4. This thread is the poopies



SD:

They didn't step up because Holmgren is a Jackass , but the original question was why are some fans so relieved , was it fear of embracing a star , or because we got a bunch of necks who didn't want to see our boyeee out of ford commercials .

Me it was some of both , but mostely because our fan base as a whole is just plain fuckin stoopid.

SoulDawg


SD= The one person who got the point of the thread- FAN reaction. Why H+H did what they did is irrelevant to this thread.

Forget this place- I'm pretty confident 50+% of all Browns want/wanted Shrimpy over RGIII, even at little cost. My question: WHY?


I think the answer you're looking for is that if they got RG3, then expectations would go through the roof and they wouldn't be able to defend their cutie flavor of the week and sit comfortably knowing they can count on the Browns to always deliver the "Woe is me" that they have become accustomed to. No worries about going through the stress of being a potential championship team, only to get dumped/fail.

It's occurred to me at times as well... logically, it makes no sense, so I'm inclined to discount it. But then again, when have fans made sense?


Yep, that was what I was getting at. Oh sure, we love us some "underdogs" or "accidental stars." Why? B/c they're "real," had humbler roads to pro sports, etc, no prima donnas and all that. To the point where we elevate a Josh Cribbs to "stardom," though he's not.

Dynamic blue-chippers? Not for us. "Just more problems." ::doh::
CleSportsTruth
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 pm

DC is a fucking sewer....a toilet bowl where America's tax monies go to swirl and be swallowed whole by rats....

Unless you've been there multiple times in the past 15 yrs you'd have no clue

...and for some ungodly reason there is never a shortage of tax money for DC construction projects

ie: I-66 has been under re-construction for the past 7 yrs and there is now a 'city' down in the ghetto by Andrews AF Base

The only place worse for driving is Beantown............... and the corner of Mass Ave and Beacon :thumb up:
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:DC is a fucking sewer....a toilet bowl where America's tax monies go to swirl and be swallowed whole by rats....

Unless you've been there multiple times in the past 15 yrs you'd have no clue

...and for some ungodly reason there is never a shortage of tax money for DC construction projects

ie: I-66 has been under re-construction for the past 7 yrs and there is now a 'city' down in the ghetto by Andrews AF Base

The only place worse for driving is Beantown............... and the corner of Mass Ave and Beacon :thumb up:



SD:

What was the final cost on that Billion dollar Big dig any way .

Never saw so much money go to go that short of a distance and take 20 years getting done.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3102
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:DC is a fucking sewer....a toilet bowl where America's tax monies go to swirl and be swallowed whole by rats....

Unless you've been there multiple times in the past 15 yrs you'd have no clue

...and for some ungodly reason there is never a shortage of tax money for DC construction projects

ie: I-66 has been under re-construction for the past 7 yrs and there is now a 'city' down in the ghetto by Andrews AF Base

The only place worse for driving is Beantown............... and the corner of Mass Ave and Beacon :thumb up:


I went to college in Baltimore and spend a ton of time in DC, it is an amazing city. Absoutely fantastic.

Boston, DC, NYC, Chicago, Toronto, SF, only places worth a damn.

:thumb up:
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:00 pm

I'll take Seattle with those, but 2nd tier has to include North Lima & Greenford. ;)
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Little known secret, I lived in Canfield and illegally attended SR... ;-)
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Shhhhhhh! Covington Cove? ;)
User avatar
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm
Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 pm

I'd add Austin, Denver, San Diego, Portland, Tempe and Boise.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:17 pm

I can handle adding Austin, Denver and Portland. San Diego sucks far more than it should and fuck Tempe and Boise.

Lack of public transit options in Austin, Seattle and Denver are big issues for me.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Are we afraid?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 am

I'd add Cleveland to that list...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests