Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

RG all in

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: RG all in

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:26 am

Not sure if you mean it or are trying to be tongue-in-cheek about 1st Round QB's, but regardless:

Early 1st Round QB's have won 6 of the last 7 SB's. The only exception was Brees, who was a high 2nd Round pick (at #32, he'd be a 1st Rounder today).

Of the 27 teams that we can reasonably say have "known" starters, 22 of those have 1st round or high 2nd Round picks. The only 5 "known" starters outside of the 1st and early 2nd are Tom Brady (6th), Tony Romo (undrafted), Matt Cassel (7th), Matt Schaub (3rd), and Ryan Fitzpatrick (7th).

That would be with counting Andrew Luck as the starter in Indy, which means there's a Peyton Manning floating around that one of those 5 teams with "unknown" starters will likely snatch up and make the number 23 of 28.

And if the Browns get RG3, it'll be 24 of 29. Hell, the Fins might draft Tannehill and start him, that would be 25 of 30.

I counted the Cardinals, Seahawks, Browns, Dolphins, and Redskins as teams with "unknown" QB situations. Since Chad Henne (2nd round) is a FA, the Fins HAVE to do something. But there is a slight possibility the other teams could stand pat, which gives us: Kevin Kolb (2nd-36), Tarvaris Jackson (2nd-64), Rex Grossman (1st-22), and Colt McCoy (3rd-85).

No matter how you look at it, the number of teams with 1st and high 2nd round QB's is staggering.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:45 am

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I was officially on the RG3 bandwagon before SD, don't front.

Maybe.... But I'm not standing next to you anywhere. Good way to get fragged.

And I was there before you. FACT.

Anyway, let's not squabble. Let's just sit back and laugh at the post where SoulDawg called RG3 (paraphrasing here) some snot nosed kid still wet behind the ears and crappin in his underoos

Or something to that effect. To SoulDawg's credit, once he realized a couple of white boys were all in on a black QB he jumped on the RG3 bandwagon as fast as he could. :hide:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:52 am

Being on a bandwagon in your own head doesn't count matt... not my fault I happened to catch the TCU - Baylor game and you were afraid to make any preseason declarations...

WUSS
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Being on a bandwagon in your own head doesn't count matt... not my fault I happened to catch the TCU - Baylor game and you were afraid to make any preseason declarations...

WUSS

I stood in the hair salon JTA was opening with his wife on a Friday night late August/early September and listened to JTA talk about the improvement in RG3's touch, mechanics and trajectory while he put up walls and waxed floors (I brought beer so I wasn't useless).

Don't let that stop your two-man circle jack though :hide: :lmfao: :nanner:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:30 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Being on a bandwagon in your own head doesn't count matt... not my fault I happened to catch the TCU - Baylor game and you were afraid to make any preseason declarations...

WUSS

I stood in the hair salon JTA was opening with his wife on a Friday night late August/early September and listened to JTA talk about the improvement in RG3's touch, mechanics and trajectory while he put up walls and waxed floors (I brought beer so I wasn't useless).

Get a cut when it was all done for you effort that evening?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:32 pm

peeker643 wrote:

WUSS

Never claimed that I was some type of uber draftnik and way ahead of the curve. Just that I was there before Lee and we were both there waaaaay ahead of SoulDawg. That's all that really matters.

Besides, JTA is like the resident draft expert and I'm just some guy who happens to live in B12 territory.

Anyway, what type of beer did you bring? And what's a bald dude doing in a hair salon anyway?
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

WUSS

Never claimed that I was some type of uber draftnik and way ahead of the curve. Just that I was there before Lee and we were both there waaaaay ahead of SoulDawg. That's all that really matters.

Besides, JTA is like the resident draft expert and I'm just some guy who happens to live in B12 territory.

Anyway, what type of beer did you bring? And what's a bald dude doing in a hair salon anyway?

Two bald dudes in there that night. It was shitty beer, Matt. Coors Light or something you can drink like water when you're working.

Yes- you guys were all there before Souldawg. I just did the search...

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Not sure if you mean it or are trying to be tongue-in-cheek about 1st Round QB's, but regardless:......

No matter how you look at it, the number of teams with 1st and high 2nd round QB's is staggering.

Points well taken and I concur.
We are all on the same team, we need a fucking franchise QB and some more talent around him if we are ever going to get off that sad short list of "never been to the Super Bowl."

I did check the stats and was surprised Bart Starr, Johnny U, Roger Staubach, Ken Stabler, and Brett Favre were not 1st rounders. I knew Rypien, Warner, Hostettler, Montana, Brady and Brees weren't. Which does put the Super Bowl winning QB 1st rounders at 25/45=55%. I thought it would be higher.

Luckily Dilfer & Doug Willams were in there to surprise me they were 1st rounders. :)
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby mistero » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:49 am

6'2 and 3/8.

Jackpot.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:27 am

mistero wrote:6'2 and 3/8.

Jackpot.

Okay screw it, I am jumping on the bandwagon, that's about 1 3/8 inches taller then I thought he would come in at.

I don't so much worry about the system he played in at college , as much as I worry about the ability of the Browns coaching staff to adapt to his special talents, but that's what those guys make the big bucks for.

As long as he is half as smart as everyone says he is , he should get a good Wonderlic score and be a shoe in to abide by the 26-27-60 rule.

If the Browns have to trade up to get him, I would still prefer it be a 1st and 37th, as opposed to 1st and 22nd
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 am

Jackpot.

John McClain ‏ @McClain_on_NFL Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
RG3 is 6-2, 3/8, 223. Some, including me, thought he might be closer to 6-1 but it's official. That's a good start for the Baylor QB.
Retweeted by Adam Schefter

That's good news as it makes height a non-issue even it was for some before. That's taller than Rodgers, FYI.

Closer to 6'3" than 6'1"

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:32 am

Govbarney wrote:

Jackpot.

Okay screw it, I am jumping on the bandwagon, that's about 1 3/8 inches taller then I thought he would come in at.

I don't so much worry about the system he played in at college , as much as I worry about the ability of the Browns coaching staff to adapt to his special talents, but that's what those guys make the big bucks for.

As long as he is half as smart as everyone says he is , he should get a good Wonderlic score and be a shoe in to abide by the 26-27-60 rule.

If the Browns have to trade up to get him, I would still prefer it be a 1st and 37th, as opposed to 1st and 22nd

For those wondering:

Here is the gist of it: If an NFL prospect scores at least a 26 on the Wonderlic test, starts at least 27 games in his college career and completes at least 60 percent of his passes, there's a good chance he will succeed at the NFL level.
There are, of course, exceptions. If NFL general managers always could measure heart, determination and other intangibles, then Tom Brady would not have been drafted in the sixth round.
But short of breaking down tape, conducting personal interviews and analyzing every number and every snap of every game, remember the Rule of 26-27-60 the next time a hotshot prospect comes down the pike.
Since 1998, these are some of the NFL quarterbacks who aced all three parts of the Rule of 26-27-60: Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Kyle Orton, Kevin Kolb, Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Stafford.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z1nJGnCid5

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

Jackpot.

Love him even more now. Now I have zero doubts about trading up to get him. Get it done Heckert.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:19 am

If you thought the hype train was rolling before, whew. Going to gain some massive steam now.

Also: I can't help but think this is the best position to make the choices they need to make the Browns will ever get. (Shurmur confirms that they can basically do whatever they want in this draft, sans make a play for Luck) Any guy they REALLY want is available.

Going to be a hell of a ride.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:35 am

That's one concern alleviated for me.

Still really want to hear about the ability to add to frame and still want to see what comes of his interviews. Not going to know what's valid vs. what's smoke being blown up asses, but still, should get a better idea than we have today.

And if you think hype train is rolling now, wait til he works out, runs 40, etc. It'll be outta control.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:41 am

peeker643 wrote:For those wondering:

Here is the gist of it: If an NFL prospect scores at least a 26 on the Wonderlic test, starts at least 27 games in his college career and completes at least 60 percent of his passes, there's a good chance he will succeed at the NFL level.
There are, of course, exceptions. If NFL general managers always could measure heart, determination and other intangibles, then Tom Brady would not have been drafted in the sixth round.
But short of breaking down tape, conducting personal interviews and analyzing every number and every snap of every game, remember the Rule of 26-27-60 the next time a hotshot prospect comes down the pike.
Since 1998, these are some of the NFL quarterbacks who aced all three parts of the Rule of 26-27-60: Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Kyle Orton, Kevin Kolb, Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Stafford.

According to this rule of thumb, Colt McCoy was to be the greatest QB in the history of QBs.

ETA: did they bump the Wonderlic to 26 to get out from under Colt & his 25? I swear I remember Colt supposedly being the superest example you could be of a QB prospect according to some set of measurables first put in place, IIRC, by Bill Parcells, and I thought these were maybe them?
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 am

HoodooMan wrote:
peeker643 wrote:For those wondering:

According to this rule of thumb, Colt McCoy was to be the greatest QB in the history of QBs.

ETA: did they bump the Wonderlic to 26 to get out from under Colt & his 25? I swear I remember Colt supposedly being the superest example you could be of a QB prospect according to some set of measurables first put in place, IIRC, by Bill Parcells, and I thought these were maybe them?

McCoy scored 25 on his Wonderlic. The rule holds!!! :nanner:

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2010/03/10/mccoys_wonderli.html

ETA - You and I werw buring up Google at the same time ;-) ;) :wink:
mattvan1

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:48 am

I've always told myself its not that you have the additional 2 and 3/8ths inches, its how you use it.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:53 am

http://smartfootball.com/quarterbacking/bill-parcells-four-rules-for-drafting-a-quarterback

Now I'm confused. Maybe ESPN did some hybrid 26/27/60 & Parcells standard prior to Colt's draft or something.

Shrug?
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:54 am

Dude weighs 230 and is pure muscle, christ on a stick Peeker stop with the frame crap.

He's just pure lean muscle, which isn't a bad thing.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:21 pm

peeker643 wrote:That's one concern alleviated for me.

Still really want to hear about the ability to add to frame and still want to see what comes of his interviews. Not going to know what's valid vs. what's smoke being blown up asses, but still, should get a better idea than we have today.

And if you think hype train is rolling now, wait til he works out, runs 40, etc. It'll be outta control.

Cool. Let us know how those interviews go. I don't think I have access.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

You didn't have access to the height and weight measurements either. But lookie here!!! Holy shit, there it is.

And you didn't administer Colt's wonderlic or Jamarcus Russel's and yet ya know what they are. And you don't have a HIPPA release for Richardson's meds yet you know about that too!!!!

Miracles!!!!

Tool. ;-) ;) :wink:

And Lee, unless he just gained 7 lbs after breakfast they just said he's 223. That ain't 230. Quit skewing the numbers to support the pov. That's a statmasta/Pros trick :hide:

He has a sprinter's frame. Given he was a sprinter that makes sense. Weight and frame ain't the same shit and you know that. No more so that Love and Sullinger having similar height weight makes them the same.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:41 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Jackpot.

RG3 is 6-2, 3/8, 223. Some, including me, thought he might be closer to 6-1 but it's official. That's a good start for the Baylor QB.

That's good news as it makes height a non-issue even it was for some before. That's taller than Rodgers, FYI.

Closer to 6'3" than 6'1"

So is he OK for you now?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:44 pm

http://footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/introducing-lewin-career-forecast-v20

A more scientific approach yields a startling conclusion

IT'S A CRAPSHOOT!!!!!!

Interesting read nevertheless

Most interesting bit - the young man that developed the original analysis now works for the Cavs. At least he did in April of 2011.

Wonder if he had a hand in drafting TT? :hide:
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:47 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Jackpot.

Closer to 6'3" than 6'1"

So is he OK for you now?

No. I want to know about that pesky 'reading the defense/blitz recognition/adjusting in real time' thing. Although I'm close to standing up on a table with you and Hiko in Panini's and leading a soccer-style song if they take him. Then we can cry and get more beers and go home because they won't have any more picks til 2016.

Is it wrong that I actually look forward to Gruden sitting the kid down and seeing what comes of that? Really looking forward to that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:
No. I want to know about that pesky 'reading the defense/blitz recognition/adjusting in real time' thing. Although I'm close to standing up on a table with you and Hiko in Panini's and leading a soccer-style song if they take him. Then we can cry and get more beers and go home because they won't have any more picks til 2016.

Is it wrong that I actually look forward to Gruden sitting the kid down and seeing what comes of that? Really looking forward to that.

Ur goofey, Holmes.

What do you expect him to know about pro D's from playing in that system?
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:03 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

You didn't have access to the height and weight measurements either. But lookie here!!! Holy shit, there it is.

And you didn't administer Colt's wonderlic or Jamarcus Russel's and yet ya know what they are. And you don't have a HIPPA release for Richardson's meds yet you know about that too!!!!

Miracles!!!!

Tool. ;-) ;) :wink:

And Lee, unless he just gained 7 lbs after breakfast they just said he's 223. That ain't 230. Quit skewing the numbers to support the pov. That's a statmasta/Pros trick :hide:

He has a sprinter's frame. Given he was a sprinter that makes sense. Weight and frame ain't the same shit and you know that. No more so that Love and Sullinger having similar height weight makes them the same.

I barely even read the post on it and thought 228, MY BAD.

as for weight and frame, feh. Lean muscle holds joints together and is the single most important thing. If you want him to fatten up ahead, but 223 pounds of pure muscle is pretty damn good. When you get hurt you focus on building up supporting muscles, not gaining more pounds. Just is what it is.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:16 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I barely even read the post on it and thought 228, MY BAD.

as for weight and frame, feh. Lean muscle holds joints together and is the single most important thing. If you want him to fatten up ahead, but 223 pounds of pure muscle is pretty damn good. When you get hurt you focus on building up supporting muscles, not gaining more pounds. Just is what it is.

But it's still easier to put muscle on a frame that supports it, no?

Maybe it's not a concern. He's just a guy with slender hips/build. I don't know if that portends to durability issues. I do know I want a guy who's durable. Does me no good if he's Jesus Shuttlesworth but only for 9 games a year.

But hey, you can look at a guy like Kolb at 6'3" 225lbs and one of his strengths in most reports was his build and durability. That hasn't exactly translated either.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:18 pm

In this day and age a running QB isn't going to get hurt because of his frame, he is going to first get hurt by being concussed and second have some fat fuck land on him wrong, neither of these things are frame issues.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Forget what you see on film.

Forget background/character.

Forget 40 time, strength testing, and passing workouts.

Forget talent upside.

What we need, dammit, is to pump creatine into the kid and have him give John Gruden a nice chalk talk.

That will allow us to decide.

:dingle:
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:52 pm

jb wrote:Forget what you see on film.

Forget talent upside.

What we need, dammit, is to pump creatine into the kid and have him give John Gruden a nice chalk talk.

Ridiculous. I never mentioned creatine once. Frame's too small to add muscle mass. ;-) ;) :wink:

You guys have daughters? You gonna let them marry the All-State jock/valedictorian w/o talking to the kid? Based solely on him whupping on some inferior talent and a look at his transcripts?

I want all the info I can get. Every bit of it. One, because it's smart to get it, and two because we have all the time in the world. This ain't some Navy Seal op where you make a life changing decision on the fly because you have to.

Anywho. Sunday on NFL Network and here: http://www.nflcombine.net/players/schedule

Something to watch.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:55 pm

peeker643 wrote:Is it wrong that I actually look forward to Gruden sitting the kid down and seeing what comes of that? Really looking forward to that.

I loved those the first year he did them, then it looked to me last year like the agents got to ESPN and refused to participate in anything but a puff-piece.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:11 pm

peeker643 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

WUSS

Two bald dudes in there that night. It was shitty beer, Matt. Coors Light or something you can drink like water when you're working.

Yes- you guys were all there before Souldawg. I just did the search...

SD:

Yeah but nobody pointed out , he was a full 1/4 inch taller than the best QB in the World , Joe Montana who was 74" exactly

So we really should be concerned that now he's too tall .

So there neener neener neener ......................

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:18 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Forget talent upside.

Ridiculous. I never mentioned creatine once. Frame's too small to add muscle mass. ;-) ;) :wink:

You guys have daughters? You gonna let them marry the All-State jock/valedictorian w/o talking to the kid? Based solely on him whupping on some inferior talent and a look at his transcripts?

I want all the info I can get. Every bit of it. One, because it's smart to get it, and two because we have all the time in the world. This ain't some Navy Seal op where you make a life changing decision on the fly because you have to.

Anywho. Sunday on NFL Network and here: http://www.nflcombine.net/players/schedule

Something to watch.

SD:

You ever see Satchel page pitch .

Dude wasn't allowed to throw in the majors until he was eligible to collect social security and at 102 years old he could smoke anybody in the World with his heat .

RG3 has the same type lithe musculariture .

It allows him to throw a pass 50 yard bullets with the seamless effort of tossing a five yard pass .

Effortless power , from long sinews and a body fat ratio so lean , he'd probably sink like an anchor even with a Life Jacket .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Forget talent upside.

Something to watch.

What do you think the college scouts were doing August - now?

At happy hour with Kokinas?
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:22 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I was officially on the RG3 bandwagon before SD, don't front.

Maybe.... But I'm not standing next to you anywhere. Good way to get fragged.

And I was there before you. FACT.

Anyway, let's not squabble. Let's just sit back and laugh at the post where SoulDawg called RG3 (paraphrasing here) some snot nosed kid still wet behind the ears and crappin in his underoos

Or something to that effect. To SoulDawg's credit, once he realized a couple of white boys were all in on a black QB he jumped on the RG3 bandwagon as fast as he could. :hide:

SD:

I don't know about you matt , but when i think of lee I use the N word .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:25 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I barely even read the post on it and thought 228, MY BAD.

But it's still easier to put muscle on a frame that supports it, no?

Maybe it's not a concern. He's just a guy with slender hips/build. I don't know if that portends to durability issues. I do know I want a guy who's durable. Does me no good if he's Jesus Shuttlesworth but only for 9 games a year.

But hey, you can look at a guy like Kolb at 6'3" 225lbs and one of his strengths in most reports was his build and durability. That hasn't exactly translated either.

SD:

Toughness and heart peeks toughness and heart .

Kolb has neither , and is on this way out of his third locker room.

I tried to point out to you before , kid will stay in the pocket and deliver a pass and take the hit .

he uses his speed to buy time to make the down field throw and is not a run first Qb who can throw , but a gifted passer , who has world class speed .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jerryroche » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:26 pm

On Jan. 19, e0y2e3 wrote:RGIII is the D-Rose of QBs.

What a bunch of Johnny-Come-Latelys in this thread. If you would have heeded e0's words five weeks ago—like I did—every one of you would be RG all in.

e0's wisdom trumps all.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:If you thought the hype train was rolling before, whew. Going to gain some massive steam now.

Also: I can't help but think this is the best position to make the choices they need to make the Browns will ever get. (Shurmur confirms that they can basically do whatever they want in this draft, sans make a play for Luck) Any guy they REALLY want is available.

Going to be a hell of a ride.

SD:

Gonna be a roller coaster straight to hell if the Browns don't sac up step up and Bust the move .
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:49 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Forget talent upside.

Something to watch.

What do you think the college scouts were doing August - now?

At happy hour with Kokinas?

Two things I KNOW they weren't doing:

1. Accurately measuring how effing tall he is since no one knew until this morning.

2. Talking to a kid who hadn't declared for the NFL draft about NFL blitz packages and defenses that they were showing him personally.

They also weren't permitted to medically go through that kid with a fine tooth comb and look at the past surgical site and anything else that came up.

If y'all want to claim y'all knew back two years ago that this was the guy that's fine. Apparently there's a race of some sort.

I'm betting no one takes him until the end of April and that they know more about him in the next week than they did before then.

Or maybe not. Maybe no one's there looking at him and talking to him at all given they saw the TCU game.

Dickweeds. :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:51 pm

jerryroche wrote:

What a bunch of Johnny-Come-Latelys in this thread. If you would have heeded e0's words five weeks ago—like I did—every one of you would be RG all in.

e0's wisdom trumps all.

Bannable offense. Just sayin'... ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:00 pm

jerryroche wrote:

e0's wisdom trumps all.

Somewhere Matt has the quote of SD ripping RG3 to shreds when Matt, myself and DOODOO had already started taking serious notice.

That is the funniest thing to happen in this Browns board in some time.

SD has to have whiplash from the bullshit turn around he made.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:29 pm

At the Dr.'s last week, I came in at 6'2, 223 lbs. And I need to lose about 10.

Seems to me RG3 is plenty packed together to survive - he's Safety size.
Hikohadon

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:31 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
jerryroche wrote:

e0's wisdom trumps all.

Somewhere Matt has the quote of SD ripping RG3 to shreds when Matt, myself and DOODOO had already started taking serious notice.

That is the funniest thing to happen in this Browns board in some time.

SD has to have whiplash from the bullshit turn around he made.

SD:

My post are here , when I made my first comments on RG3 , they circled around maturity issues because of his youth and my research wasn't in on that area yet .

I wanted to know for sure if there was man behind the athlete or just a fuckin knothead with talent .

The limited film looked like Madden which was almost too good to be true , which required further due dilligience as the kid came out of nowhere totally bypassing my radar , because i knew naught of him the year prior after concentrating on last years draft class especially and particularly Cam Newton who i pitched the browns trading up for long before it became envogue to do so .

and while Cam was clearly the bigger more physical prize , my notes on Griffin had him as the superior passer from jump , likened his touch to the silky smooth deliveries of Warren moon , while noting his release was quicker than Dan Marino's and more in tune with a Cobra strike ,when in truth its much faster and probably more on the speed of a Black Momba .

this kid took me by surprise , but he took me by storm , once i was all in .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Hikohadon wrote:At the Dr.'s last week, I came in at 6'2, 223 lbs. And I need to lose about 10.

Seems to me RG3 is plenty packed together to survive - he's Safety size.

How's your arm?

I am going to have serious concerns about your wonderlic and psych profile though.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Whiplash
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:35 pm

jerryroche wrote:

e0's wisdom trumps all.

SD:

Oh Geeze your as rare as dinosaur teeth a fan of Eyesore.

How much did he pay you ......

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:37 pm

jerry is a lot of things, but I don't think he is a fan.

Whhhhiiiiplash.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:41 pm

"MaryKayCabot 1 hour 50 mins ago Twitter
Rg3 at the NFL combine. Did great in his podium interview. Browns fans would love this guy."

Is there anyone in Berea/CPD still on Team Colt?
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:50 pm

RG3 must be talking specifically to Peek...

Griffin also said he's eager to get on the grease board with teams and show him he knows schemes. There is a perception the Baylor offense is simplistic and RG3 might have trouble picking up NFL concepts.

Not true, he said.

"I can't wait to show teams what I know," he said.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL