Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Sanchez

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Sanchez

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:05 pm

I was never a huge fan of his, but it is hard for a brown's fan to be critical of anyone else's quarterback.

However, he is no longer the golden boy he started out to be...

Anyone still upset we didn't draft him at 5 instead of trading down?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:20 pm

I know one person who will probably say yes.

[holierthanthou]I, for the record, was never upset we didn't take him and never will be.[/holierthanthou] :cheers:
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:21 pm

"Franchise", not "Elite".

He's Dilfer with a bit more of a personality, and a better offense.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Triple-S wrote:"Franchise", not "Elite".

He's Dilfer with a bit more of a personality, and a better offense.


I'm not sure Sanchez is even Franchise.

The Jets are a perfect example of a team reaching its absolute ceiling under a non-stellar QB.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Triple-S wrote:"Franchise", not "Elite".

He's Dilfer with a bit more of a personality, and a better offense.


I'm not sure Sanchez is even Franchise.

The Jets are a perfect example of a team reaching its absolute ceiling under a non-stellar QB.


Wrong. All they need is a right tackle.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:42 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
Triple-S wrote:"Franchise", not "Elite".

He's Dilfer with a bit more of a personality, and a better offense.


I'm not sure Sanchez is even Franchise.

The Jets are a perfect example of a team reaching its absolute ceiling under a non-stellar QB.


Wrong. All they need is a right tackle.


Now THAT was damn funny, I don't care who you are.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby jb » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Triple-S wrote:"Franchise", not "Elite".

He's Dilfer with a bit more of a personality, and a better offense.


Neither. Open for upgrade. Makes worse decisions like LeLo on a bender. A walking pick six.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:35 pm

jb wrote:
Triple-S wrote:"Franchise", not "Elite".

He's Dilfer with a bit more of a personality, and a better offense.


Neither. Open for upgrade. Makes worse decisions like LeLo on a bender. A walking pick six.


SD:

Dude won four playoff games in his first two years while riding a solid running game and a hard hitting defense and took his team to the precipice just like Kosar only earlier early in his career. , then their running game slipped to 20th in the league their defense was All Ryan mouth and they replaced his speed wideout with a an ex con while the Team captain went looney tunes.

Shottenheimer will not be back , as Sanchez regressed this year like Colt Mccoys baby sister .

However with the right coach he's still salvageable , and even in the mess he's at now is preferable to anything colt put up .

Kid fell apart with no small help from his head coach and captain pulling against him .

That locker room is in shambles and their problems are bigger than Sanchez , yet he remains the biggest key and the fastest link to them turning it around.

The ironic part to all of this , had Mangy chosen Sanchez , he might still be here.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:40 pm

His career completion percentage is 55.3%, 6.51 yards/attempt, barely a 1:1 TD:INT ratio. Any way you slice it, he's terrible.
Fuck the Browns...
User avatar
rebelwithoutaclue
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Under them Skies of Blue
Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:50 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:His career completion percentage is 55.3%, 6.51 yards/attempt, barely a 1:1 TD:INT ratio. Any way you slice it, he's terrible.


Slice his record and tell me what you come up with.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:10 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:His career completion percentage is 55.3%, 6.51 yards/attempt, barely a 1:1 TD:INT ratio. Any way you slice it, he's terrible.


Slice his record and tell me what you come up with.


SoulDawg



You said it yourself; he had been propped up by a great D and great running game. When those went by the wayside, so did he.


He had at least one turnover in 13 of 16 games this year. Seven interceptions in the last three games when all the Jets needed was one win to get into the playoffs. 27th in yards/attempt and 23rd in QB rating, behind such luminaries as Tavaris Jackson and Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Fuck the Browns...
User avatar
rebelwithoutaclue
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Under them Skies of Blue
Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:20 pm

SD, I respect the way you've kept in Sanchez's corner through thick and thin, but even you have to be doubtful about his ability to ever win the Ring.

And if you can't win the Ring, then you ain't got "The Thing".
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Dedication & persistence are not always endearing qualities, at times they = stupidity.

Feel that sting, that's pride fuckin with ya, you gotta fight through that shit.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby jb » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:56 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
That locker room is in shambles and their problems are bigger than Sanchez , yet he remains the biggest key and the fastest link to them turning it around.




Right. Because Sanchez is not a leader.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Hikohadon wrote:SD, I respect the way you've kept in Sanchez's corner through thick and thin, but even you have to be doubtful about his ability to ever win the Ring.

And if you can't win the Ring, then you ain't got "The Thing".


SD:

just trying to keep some perspective without being unreasonable . had this kid who now has a better record than Bernie in his first three yeras done the same in Cleveland as NY would we be hearing all these Jacked up takes .

Especially coming from a set who thinks a mutt like Colt Mccoy is just a misunderstood superstar in waiting.

Sanchez did well in his first three years within the jacked up scheme of that offense in the most pressure filled atmosphere in football .

Yes he had a relapse this year , but there are mitigating circumstances .

Unlike Colt who never exhibited 1/10 the arm or the ability to make the same plays under pressure , he still is salvageable , that he'll ever be elite is doubtful .

But well worth another shot next year.

YMMV
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:02 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
That locker room is in shambles and their problems are bigger than Sanchez , yet he remains the biggest key and the fastest link to them turning it around.




Right. Because Sanchez is not a leader.


SD:

Right Poindexter neither is Santonio Holmes who erroneously was gifted a big fat Captains badge .

That problem is systemic , but if you want to act all pouty and simple no puzzle .

I'll wait ....

Your period can't last that long.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:02 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:Unlike Colt who never exhibited 1/10 the arm or the ability to make the same plays under pressure , he still is salvageable , that he'll ever be elite is doubtful .

But well worth another shot next year.

YMMV


I agree with you to an extent, but I think the well is poisoned. Especially in New York.

When you're coming in vastly short of a vanilla dude like Eli, than you have a badass uphill climb.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:10 pm

SD:....just trying to keep some perspective without being unreasonable


:lmfao:
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Unlike Colt who never exhibited 1/10 the arm or the ability to make the same plays under pressure , he still is salvageable , that he'll ever be elite is doubtful .

But well worth another shot next year.

YMMV


I agree with you to an extent, but I think the well is poisoned. Especially in New York.

When you're coming in vastly short of a vanilla dude like Eli, than you have a badass uphill climb.


SD:

Thats all I'm saying , Ryan mouth wrote tickets his team couldn't cash this year .

They had no running game , but insisted on being a run first team which brings extreme pressure on you to convert third downs when the defense knows you have to pass.

Sanchez is a mobile QB not an exclusive drop back pocket passer , but they never played to this strength didn't throw on first down to change tendencies and were damn near as predictable as the Browns in their play calling .

The similar stupid sheit Browns QB's endured here with defensive minded coaches going all the way back to Mumbles before he understood the value to your defense of having a prolific offense.

And '

While Sanchez is no superstar by any stretch his ability to make plays is far superior to any of the drek we fielded around here this past decade.

He would have provided Mangy the competence at the position to compliment his defense and allowed him to retain his job.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby jb » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
SD:....just trying to keep some perspective without being unreasonable


:lmfao:



+1

Reads like he's trying to apply the lesson he claims he didn't learn in the ass kicking he took from Gary.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:32 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:Especially coming from a set who thinks a mutt like Colt Mccoy is just a misunderstood superstar in waiting.



Seriously, does anyone really think that Colt McCoy is a superstar in waiting? Or is it just convenient for you to keep writing things like that so you have something to rail against?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Especially coming from a set who thinks a mutt like Colt Mccoy is just a misunderstood superstar in waiting.



Seriously, does anyone really think that Colt McCoy is a superstar in waiting? Or is it just convenient for you to keep writing things like that so you have something to rail against?


SD:

Believe it or not there are more than who will admit to it that hold out hope .

There are some who would be just pleased as punch if we passed on QB give Colt an offseaosn and drafted Blackmon at four.

The same ones who defied their own lieing eyes end of 2010 when he was tossing picks like Halloween candy still won't own up to his faults .

No matter .

Sanchez regressed without a doubt , but even shell shocked and with a loss in confidence colt still couldn't carry his jock .

That same kid won four playoff games where he had to make plays for them to win , and dueled Manning and Rottenberger on the eve of a superbowl just like what we experienced with Bernie coming as close with no cigar losing both .

Yes he regressed , is his football life over with as a result as maybe with Colt .

Hardly.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:06 pm

FUDU wrote:Dedication & persistence are not always endearing qualities, at times they = stupidity.

Feel that sting, that's pride fuckin with ya, you gotta fight through that shit.



SD:

Try taking Peytons Cock outta your mouth in regards to speaking about other QB's Donny , it will give you a sense of perspective .

Let me know the last QB you saw ever win a starting job and take his team to two straight division Championship games in his first two years starting with your idol .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:13 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Especially coming from a set who thinks a mutt like Colt Mccoy is just a misunderstood superstar in waiting.



Seriously, does anyone really think that Colt McCoy is a superstar in waiting? Or is it just convenient for you to keep writing things like that so you have something to rail against?


SD:

Believe it or not there are more than who will admit to it that hold out hope .

There are some who would be just pleased as punch if we passed on QB give Colt an offseaosn and drafted Blackmon at four.


You know, when I accidentally listen to Cleveland sports talk in my car, I have to say that this is true. There is no end to idiots calling in blaming every shitty play on the Line, receivers, coach...everything but Colt himself.

I haven't seen that around here as much, though.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7731
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:23 pm

They had no running game , but insisted on being a run first team which brings extreme pressure on you to convert third downs when the defense knows you have to pass.



Wrong yet again. This year, the Jets had a 55/45 split in their play-calling in favor of the pass culminating in a 59 attempt game for Sanchez vs. the Giants.


Let me know the last QB you saw ever win a starting job and take his team to two straight division Championship games in his first two years starting with your idol .


Well Roethlisberger didn't win the starting job out of camp but he took over and took the Steelers to the AFC title game in 04, then won the Super Bowl in 2005. In both he and Sanchez's cases, a dominant defense was involved.
Fuck the Browns...
User avatar
rebelwithoutaclue
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Under them Skies of Blue
Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:00 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
They had no running game , but insisted on being a run first team which brings extreme pressure on you to convert third downs when the defense knows you have to pass.



Wrong yet again. This year, the Jets had a 55/45 split in their play-calling in favor of the pass culminating in a 59 attempt game for Sanchez vs. the Giants.


Let me know the last QB you saw ever win a starting job and take his team to two straight division Championship games in his first two years starting with your idol .


Well Roethlisberger didn't win the starting job out of camp but he took over and took the Steelers to the AFC title game in 04, then won the Super Bowl in 2005. In both he and Sanchez's cases, a dominant defense was involved.



SD:

Sanchez was starter from day one , ben didn't do so good the folowing year after his face had a date with the windshield .

The Jets finished 8-8 in disarray , yet we're busting on Mark like they just went 4-11 and it was all his fault.

and yeah that 59 play passing game speaks well of how effective their running game was ......not.

Like I said his three year record is a match for anybody even after coming up short on this run ,his shortcomings are magnified by a clueless Ryan who exasperated the problems inherant in the position especially in NY and their personnel problems were an open wound exposed recently by late season implosions by their so called team captain snitched out in detail by a fourth string rookie on IR .

The Dysfunction couldn't have been ovecome by a Tom Brady let alone a QB whose coach foolishly and deliberately under cut him.

Sanchez had a bad year and regressed , but he's hardly Charlie McCoy earmarked as a career backup .


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:03 pm

So our dysfunction can be over come by the slightest improvement in QB but the Jets dysfunction cannot be fixed with Tom Brady....got it.

:thumb up:
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby trsteve1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:13 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:
Triple-S wrote:"Franchise", not "Elite".

He's Dilfer with a bit more of a personality, and a better offense.


Neither. Open for upgrade. Makes worse decisions like LeLo on a bender. A walking pick six.


SD:

Dude won four playoff games in his first two years while riding a solid running game and a hard hitting defense and took his team to the precipice just like Kosar only earlier early in his career. , then their running game slipped to 20th in the league their defense was All Ryan mouth and they replaced his speed wideout with a an ex con while the Team captain went looney tunes.

Shottenheimer will not be back , as Sanchez regressed this year like Colt Mccoys baby sister .

However with the right coach he's still salvageable , and even in the mess he's at now is preferable to anything colt put up .

Kid fell apart with no small help from his head coach and captain pulling against him .

That locker room is in shambles and their problems are bigger than Sanchez , yet he remains the biggest key and the fastest link to them turning it around.

The ironic part to all of this , had Mangy chosen Sanchez , he might still be here.


SoulDawg


Good, so we can agree that Sanchez and the Jets made and did well in the playoffs on the strength of the running game and Defense, and not because of his QB play, glad to see we have all come around on this topic.

Sanchez was never great, he's always been acceptable in the Joe Flacco/Carson Palmer mold, good enough to win it with a good team, not good enough to elevate a decent team to good/great.
Le sigh
User avatar
trsteve1
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:57 pm
Favorite Player: Nolan Ryan
Least Favorite Player: Troy Aikman

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

jb wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
SD:....just trying to keep some perspective without being unreasonable


:lmfao:



+1

Reads like he's trying to apply the lesson he claims he didn't learn in the ass kicking he took from Gary.



SD:

Do tell us when and how this fantasy you've imagined happened .

I remember pulling my foot outta both your asses after stomping you unconscious.

Holmgren was never gonna accept the mangy way , never , you sucked up that line of tripe and swallowed that crap , while i told ya it was a ruse to buy time and was a fuckin lie all
along.

They gave mangina a prostrate exam with both hands still on his shoulders., and drafted 43 personnel and brough in 43 free agent converts to fit his 34 defense

They screwed him scapegoated him and sent him on his way , then held a press conference this year and pretended this is the first year of the rebuild , which nobody bought.

You want to believe in them , thats fine with me , everybody has to believe in something

Hold em accountable to results , not their bullshit and blather.

and let em give ya something to keep the faith.

Let them show us they know what an NFL QB looks like , and quit trying to sell Texas horsemeat as Prime , and we can talk.




SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:20 pm

Chi-yl, you can't get your foot out of your mouth let alone stomp anyone with it.............

You need about 300 mgs of Clozaril injected into your jugular just to get right cuz no one ever knows WTF you're talking about
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:24 pm

I would not want him, nor Flacco. Lead has pointed out their main flaws many times on this board. They cannot look past their first read. When that first receiver is open, they look great because they both have the NFL arm. However, they don't have the NFL head or feet to adjust to the next read if number one is covered .
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:56 pm

Lubber wrote:I would not want him, nor Flacco. Lead has pointed out their main flaws many times on this board. They cannot look past their first read. When that first receiver is open, they look great because they both have the NFL arm. However, they don't have the NFL head or feet to adjust to the next read if number one is covered .


Said this weeks ago, and it is not a problem that will be cured. It is a fatal flaw in today's NFL, perhaps one you could've gotten away with before things became too technical, that is - Sanchez plays the game too slow. If the initial read is covered it's lights out. That's why he seemingly makes horrible decisions, that is why his turnovers are God awful, and why he has an inordinant amount of pick 6's.

No matter what other skills you possess, you CAN NOT play the game slowly. Not time for it anymore. The good ones are successful in 3 or 4 reciever sets for a reason. When Sanchez makes it a one receiver set it makes things pretty simple, you got one reciver to concentrate on, one guy to pay attention to the checkdown, and everyone else jumpin' routes that the ball will be delivered late too cause his brain ain't workin' fast enough.

By the way, this is on display every week, if you wanna check it out.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:01 am

leadpipe wrote:
Lubber wrote:I would not want him, nor Flacco. Lead has pointed out their main flaws many times on this board. They cannot look past their first read. When that first receiver is open, they look great because they both have the NFL arm. However, they don't have the NFL head or feet to adjust to the next read if number one is covered .


Said this weeks ago, and it is not a problem that will be cured. It is a fatal flaw in today's NFL.


Let's hope so. Love to see the last of the AFCN toast by this time a week from now.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 am

trsteve1 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:
Triple-S wrote:"Franchise", not "Elite".

He's Dilfer with a bit more of a personality, and a better offense.


Neither. Open for upgrade. Makes worse decisions like LeLo on a bender. A walking pick six.


SD:

Dude won four playoff games in his first two years while riding a solid running game and a hard hitting defense and took his team to the precipice just like Kosar only earlier early in his career. , then their running game slipped to 20th in the league their defense was All Ryan mouth and they replaced his speed wideout with a an ex con while the Team captain went looney tunes.

Shottenheimer will not be back , as Sanchez regressed this year like Colt Mccoys baby sister .

However with the right coach he's still salvageable , and even in the mess he's at now is preferable to anything colt put up .

Kid fell apart with no small help from his head coach and captain pulling against him .

That locker room is in shambles and their problems are bigger than Sanchez , yet he remains the biggest key and the fastest link to them turning it around.

The ironic part to all of this , had Mangy chosen Sanchez , he might still be here.


SoulDawg


Good, so we can agree that Sanchez and the Jets made and did well in the playoffs on the strength of the running game and Defense, and not because of his QB play, glad to see we have all come around on this topic.

Sanchez was never great, he's always been acceptable in the Joe Flacco/Carson Palmer mold, good enough to win it with a good team, not good enough to elevate a decent team to good/great.


SD:

No we can argue the regular season was maintained on the strength of their running game and defense , but for them to win four playof games , you'll notice marks play was both exceptional and instrumental in those wins .

His play has been superior to any of the dog trot around here in Cleveland the last ten yeras but hardly World class elite , but a record of two playoff s in his first three years and two conference division Championships one game removed from the superbowl ain't dog meat .

Not to mention all his playoff games were played on the road as the wild card team which makes that record all the more impressive.

Had the man done the same for the Browns picked at 5 we'd be positively crowing all mitigating circumstances being equal.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:25 am

leadpipe wrote:
Lubber wrote:I would not want him, nor Flacco. Lead has pointed out their main flaws many times on this board. They cannot look past their first read. When that first receiver is open, they look great because they both have the NFL arm. However, they don't have the NFL head or feet to adjust to the next read if number one is covered .


Said this weeks ago, and it is not a problem that will be cured. It is a fatal flaw in today's NFL, perhaps one you could've gotten away with before things became too technical, that is - Sanchez plays the game too slow. If the initial read is covered it's lights out. That's why he seemingly makes horrible decisions, that is why his turnovers are God awful, and why he has an inordinant amount of pick 6's.

No matter what other skills you possess, you CAN NOT play the game slowly. Not time for it anymore. The good ones are successful in 3 or 4 reciever sets for a reason. When Sanchez makes it a one receiver set it makes things pretty simple, you got one reciver to concentrate on, one guy to pay attention to the checkdown, and everyone else jumpin' routes that the ball will be delivered late too cause his brain ain't workin' fast enough.

By the way, this is on display every week, if you wanna check it out.


SD:

that flaw can be cured with harder film study and better coaching .

One of Marks biggest knocks is he views the position as a 9 to five job .

NFL QB has to be your life , if you want to be the best.

an NFL arm isn't enough , but it is the deal breaker for me with Colt when combined with what JB aptly describes as his cluelessness.

Mark can make the throws Colt can't .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:27 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Chi-yl, you can't get your foot out of your mouth let alone stomp anyone with it.............

You need about 300 mgs of Clozaril injected into your jugular just to get right cuz no one ever knows WTF you're talking about



QB's mostly anybody opposite of your choice , well that's a bonus .
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:26 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
Lubber wrote:I would not want him, nor Flacco. Lead has pointed out their main flaws many times on this board. They cannot look past their first read. When that first receiver is open, they look great because they both have the NFL arm. However, they don't have the NFL head or feet to adjust to the next read if number one is covered .


Said this weeks ago, and it is not a problem that will be cured. It is a fatal flaw in today's NFL, perhaps one you could've gotten away with before things became too technical, that is - Sanchez plays the game too slow. If the initial read is covered it's lights out. That's why he seemingly makes horrible decisions, that is why his turnovers are God awful, and why he has an inordinant amount of pick 6's.

No matter what other skills you possess, you CAN NOT play the game slowly. Not time for it anymore. The good ones are successful in 3 or 4 reciever sets for a reason. When Sanchez makes it a one receiver set it makes things pretty simple, you got one reciver to concentrate on, one guy to pay attention to the checkdown, and everyone else jumpin' routes that the ball will be delivered late too cause his brain ain't workin' fast enough.

By the way, this is on display every week, if you wanna check it out.


SD:

that flaw can be cured with harder film study and better coaching .

One of Marks biggest knocks is he views the position as a 9 to five job .

NFL QB has to be your life , if you want to be the best.

an NFL arm isn't enough , but it is the deal breaker for me with Colt when combined with what JB aptly describes as his cluelessness.

Mark can make the throws Colt can't .

SoulDawg


No, it cannot be cured by film study and better coaching.

You either see the whole field and what's developing and process it quickly - or you don't.

Especially after 3 seasons.

Broadway Joe cocked around in that city with pantyhose on.

If you can PLAY, you can PLAY.

Waiting for Sanchez to play the game quicker is like waiting for an NBA player to develop court sense.

If ya got it, ya got it. And if you don't, it ain't comin'.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:15 am

leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
Lubber wrote:I would not want him, nor Flacco. Lead has pointed out their main flaws many times on this board. They cannot look past their first read. When that first receiver is open, they look great because they both have the NFL arm. However, they don't have the NFL head or feet to adjust to the next read if number one is covered .


Said this weeks ago, and it is not a problem that will be cured. It is a fatal flaw in today's NFL, perhaps one you could've gotten away with before things became too technical, that is - Sanchez plays the game too slow. If the initial read is covered it's lights out. That's why he seemingly makes horrible decisions, that is why his turnovers are God awful, and why he has an inordinant amount of pick 6's.

No matter what other skills you possess, you CAN NOT play the game slowly. Not time for it anymore. The good ones are successful in 3 or 4 reciever sets for a reason. When Sanchez makes it a one receiver set it makes things pretty simple, you got one reciver to concentrate on, one guy to pay attention to the checkdown, and everyone else jumpin' routes that the ball will be delivered late too cause his brain ain't workin' fast enough.

By the way, this is on display every week, if you wanna check it out.


SD:

that flaw can be cured with harder film study and better coaching .

One of Marks biggest knocks is he views the position as a 9 to five job .

NFL QB has to be your life , if you want to be the best.

an NFL arm isn't enough , but it is the deal breaker for me with Colt when combined with what JB aptly describes as his cluelessness.

Mark can make the throws Colt can't .

SoulDawg


No, it cannot be cured by film study and better coaching.

You either see the whole field and what's developing and process it quickly - or you don't.

Especially after 3 seasons.

Broadway Joe cocked around in that city with pantyhose on.

If you can PLAY, you can PLAY.

Waiting for Sanchez to play the game quicker is like waiting for an NBA player to develop court sense.

If ya got it, ya got it. And if you don't, it ain't comin'.


SD:

Back in the day , all those guys trained different , Bobby lane Boozed all night and chased whores .

Joe Namath was a playboy , but he damn sure was nobodies slouch , he knew the game and as a Bear Bryant alum he didn't have a half ass understanding of the game.

On Sanchez we'll agree to disagree .

Mark has not taken his game to that second level , where you recognize where your going with the ball while your under center based on your recognition of the defense , you'll know whose open due to the mismatch .

That's what Namath had ,that's why Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are damn near unstoppable along with Tom Brady , and thats why Eli is creeping into that circle where he can be considered elite .

This is where Sanchez game is lame , he works , but it is not his consuming passion to be the absolute best .

In part his inexperience and inability to break down the defense thru recognition is the blame , he's a sight thrower , and the truly elite throw because they know you'll be open before you make that break based on the mismatch when you break the huddle and they read their read of the coverage .

Marks regression is due to confusion amongst other things , a truly focused dedicated hard as nail pro wouldn't have let his game slip to the distractions unless a bomb went off , but mark was too accommodating too diplomatic when he needed to be a rock hard prick .

You can't be every bodies friend all the time , sometimes the unreasonable Mutha fucka who won't bend is integral to command.

Natural leaders know this instinctually , young recruits with mommas millk still on their breath are reborn as rock hard marines .

Sanchez ain't thru if he can find his lizard , but he is, if continues to squat to pee .


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:41 am

Namath sucked too
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:56 am

gotribe31 wrote:Namath sucked too


Knew that was coming before I finished my post.

And it's wrong.

Browning Nagle sucked.

Joe Namath was not an ATG maybe. But different game, different time, and clearly was able to put a team on his back and take them to the mountaintop.

And all the statheads can look up "Winning Super Bowl Quarterbacks" and list ones that "sucked."
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6551
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:37 am

Trent Dilfer.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby gameface » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Santonio Holmes = major cancer, so bad he got run out of Pittsburgh. Derrick Mason came in, bitched about Shotty, got run. Cotchery punched his own ticket out of NY, and he was missed. O line issues. Sanchez puts in hours, but he's a young millionaire dating models and taking advantage of NYC temptations.

Not sure if he'll ever be elite, but he's servicable, and if he matures and applies himself a bit more, he's still got some upside.

No matter what, I'm pretty sure the Jets don't regret drafting him, or buying a year of high mileage Favre. They needed a culture change, and they got it. They're way farther along than when Mangini packed his bags for Cleveland.

They may go up or down from here, it all depends on how the coaching staff adjusts and how well they can heal their locker room. Sanchez is still a kid, to expect him to take control of a vet team (especially with his mild personality) is kind of premature. Ryan says he's keeping Schottenheimer, Holmes and Sanchez in place. Fat Rex believes he can coach any headcase, so we'll see.

It'll be interesting. Even if Ryan implodes next season and the Jets re-fill the HC position, they're in better shape than they were, and the stink of losing is at least partially washed away.

Wish the Browns could say the same.
gameface
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:27 pm

"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3865
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby gameface » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:50 pm

From the same article, some secondary opinions:




Sanchez, who has two years remaining on his rookie contract, wasn’t the lone culprit on the 25th-ranked offense. He was sacked 39 times. Edge pass rushers routinely beat left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson and right tackle Wayne Hunter, who allowed a combined 19 sacks — or 48% of the team total, according to Pro Football Focus. Sanchez lost confidence after getting hit so many times, according to several teammates. One Jets source admitted that Sanchez “worked his ass off” to correct his mistakes in meetings, but he was soon buried under an avalanche of offensive breakdowns on game days.

“At one point, he was looking at the (pass) rush and wasn’t seeing the receivers,” a team source said. “I think that’s a lack of confidence in what we’re doing. I think that's a lack of confidence in how we’re protecting him... When you get hit the way that he got hit, there were some quarterbacks that wouldn’t have made it through the season.”

Some of Sanchez’s teammates thought it was unfair to pin a lost season all on their young quarterback.

“Everybody got down on the quarterback,” a Jets source said. “But they weren’t looking at the situations we were putting him in. I don’t think he’s as bad as people are making him out to be. When the ---- started snowballing and he lost confidence, he never recovered. Then, you saw him making one stupid throw and one stupid mistake after another.”

The complex game plans didn't help matters, according to several people. Sanchez had difficulty absorbing the weekly wrinkles and changes, teammates said.

“So many games, he looked defeated before he ever took the field,” a team source said. “He didn’t have much confidence in what he was about to go do. You could tell throughout the week in practice. He never felt comfortable with some of the things we were doing. It was too much for him.”

Not surprised by this, you have a bad year in an office with 50 people, it's not hard to find 5 that will hate the boss or the manager. Remember that their 3rd string QB came out last week and stated that the Jet locker room was a toxic mess. Where's the truth, does Sanchez "work his ass off" or is he lazy and entitled?
gameface
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 am

gameface wrote:From the same article, some secondary opinions:




Sanchez, who has two years remaining on his rookie contract, wasn’t the lone culprit on the 25th-ranked offense. He was sacked 39 times. Edge pass rushers routinely beat left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson and right tackle Wayne Hunter, who allowed a combined 19 sacks — or 48% of the team total, according to Pro Football Focus. Sanchez lost confidence after getting hit so many times, according to several teammates. One Jets source admitted that Sanchez “worked his ass off” to correct his mistakes in meetings, but he was soon buried under an avalanche of offensive breakdowns on game days.

“At one point, he was looking at the (pass) rush and wasn’t seeing the receivers,” a team source said. “I think that’s a lack of confidence in what we’re doing. I think that's a lack of confidence in how we’re protecting him... When you get hit the way that he got hit, there were some quarterbacks that wouldn’t have made it through the season.”

Some of Sanchez’s teammates thought it was unfair to pin a lost season all on their young quarterback.

“Everybody got down on the quarterback,” a Jets source said. “But they weren’t looking at the situations we were putting him in. I don’t think he’s as bad as people are making him out to be. When the ---- started snowballing and he lost confidence, he never recovered. Then, you saw him making one stupid throw and one stupid mistake after another.”

The complex game plans didn't help matters, according to several people. Sanchez had difficulty absorbing the weekly wrinkles and changes, teammates said.

“So many games, he looked defeated before he ever took the field,” a team source said. “He didn’t have much confidence in what he was about to go do. You could tell throughout the week in practice. He never felt comfortable with some of the things we were doing. It was too much for him.”

Not surprised by this, you have a bad year in an office with 50 people, it's not hard to find 5 that will hate the boss or the manager. Remember that their 3rd string QB came out last week and stated that the Jet locker room was a toxic mess. Where's the truth, does Sanchez "work his ass off" or is he lazy and entitled?


GF, what's the word on the street there in NY regarding Sanchez?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby gameface » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Tannenbaum and Ryan say they're committed to him, but they said the same thing about Schottenheimer, and he's home working on his resume. Obviously, their locker room is a mess. Now we'll see how good Ryan really is. They also say they're keeping Holmes, and that could be an issue, but they've got no one to take his place. I also wonder if Holmes was the one feeding the Daily News those quotes. Consensus on the yakking is that whatever the gripes are, it should have been handled outside the press. But hey, this kind of bitchin ain't nothing new.

From the fan standpoint, opinion is all over the place. I'd say the rational middle is Sanchez gets next year to show progress, or they'll look to cut bait. And most would like to see a viable veteran backup to push him/be a fall back option.

Of course, they'd all cream themselves if Manning somehow showed up.
gameface
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:11 pm

I swear, peeps who knock Namath never saw him play...dude was a baller

If he had knees he'd be in the top 5 all time, easily
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Sanchez

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Interesting appearance by LDT on Inside The NFL:

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34456086

And it's pretty clear he's not going back to the Jets next year.

Actually seemed like he was throwing his hat in the ring for a post-football analyst job, and based on that, he'll get one.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4272
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests