Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

McCoy Era Over with Browns

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:58 pm

peeker643 wrote:All over but Brad McCoy's shouting.

And why is there a voice in my head telling me if the Browns were the Bengals and in the same position Cincy is in that McCoy would surely be 'cleared' to play this Sunday and, in all likelihood, would have probably played last Sunday?

http://es.pn/ta4UR1


Maybe, but if the Browns were the Bengals their starting QB would be better than their backup and it would make a difference who started.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Heath Evans said the Seattle teams for the 4 years he was there were the most talented he played on. Plus he's got an axe to grind cause Holmgren didn't play him.

He's got some good, interesting points (mostly about Holmgren and the coaching) but Jesus, he's giving a complete write off to Colt and minimal responsibility. I disagree with that perspective.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:46 pm

noles1 wrote:Heath Evans said the Seattle teams for the 4 years he was there were the most talented he played on. Plus he's got an axe to grind cause Holmgren didn't play him.

He's got some good, interesting points (mostly about Holmgren and the coaching) but Jesus, he's giving a complete write off to Colt and minimal responsibility. I disagree with that perspective.


Yeah disagree with him on Colt.

But the whole Holmgren thing is somewhat frightening.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:50 pm

No question. Holmgren the President/GM is very concerning.

But the last Holmgren presser and his support of Pat "Pussy Boy" Schurmur is easy to get to this conclusion.

Hell, I have thought all year Colt has hated the offense and direction, he's seemed to show as much with his body language at times.

What else is new though... another December and another Browns season and team in the shitter.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Gotta disregard almost that whole interview. There are parts that I agree with, but most of it sounded like an extreme player view, which certainly doesn't look at big picture.

Yeah, Colt's only problems are the drops. The dumb picks, the passes behind crossing receivers, holding the ball too long/not having a clock in his head... just disregard those.

Oh, and love the Hillis speculation, just throwing shit out there and seeing if it sticks.

Guessing Heath has watched all of one Browns game this year.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Gotta disregard almost that whole interview. There are parts that I agree with, but most of it sounded like an extreme player view, which certainly doesn't look at big picture.

Yeah, Colt's only problems are the drops. The dumb picks, the passes behind crossing receivers, holding the ball too long/not having a clock in his head... just disregard those.

Oh, and love the Hillis speculation, just throwing shit out there and seeing if it sticks.

Guessing Heath has watched all of one Browns game this year.



Definitely some truth to that. This is the same guy that threw Saban under the bus as satan and Yeremiah Bell had to clarify further.

Thought it was funny hearing him walk thru his own travels... "I wasn't nearly as good as Mack Strong but the coach never put me in positions to play or be successful". Huh?

Nice catch on the Hillis speculation. I'm with you, calling bullshit on that one.

Ultimately, I think there is some truth to Holmgren's stubborn-ness and uncertainty under this regime. I just am also willing to lay blame on Colt and others and not solely one person like Evans seems to do.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby pup » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Only caveat...Ben Watson and him are real tight.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby pup » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:39 pm

In response, Browns pull Seneca Wallace from being interviewed on same show.

cluster




f$#K
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:50 pm

pup wrote:In response, Browns pull Seneca Wallace from being interviewed on same show.

cluster




f$#K


Did they? Dumb - almost gives credence to the allegations.

I'm so depressed. The offseason can't get here quickly enough.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby pup » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:04 pm

So, if Holmgren quits, can we get rid of Shurmur?

Can they hire someone that would keep Heckert?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:20 pm

pup wrote:So, if Holmgren quits, can we get rid of Shurmur?

Can they hire someone that would keep Heckert?


If I'm Randy, I'm talking to Heckert right now and telling him I'm giving him the reins, but he's got to dump Shurmy. I'd bet that Heckert secretly wouldn't want Shurms to be on his resume anyway. Heckert can pick his own coach- then the franchise is truly his.

Most teams don't have a guy above the GM except the owner anyway (unless it's the Head Coach).

I won't even speculate about who Heckert would hire as long as his last name didn't rhyme with "murmur". I'm sure it would be someone that would run a 4-3 and some version of the WCO, and I'm fine with that. No reason for wholesale change, just axe the Shurminator.

But this is all fantasy talk. We all know next year will be status quo organizationally.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby mistero » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Ran into the twilight zone on talk radio today. Les Levine had his whole show about how the Browns should build around Colt. Then Bernie comes on 850 and throws his support to Colt saying he needs playmakes and he'll be fine.

What are these people smoking?
In Chud We Trust
User avatar
mistero
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:19 pm
Location: North Ridgeville Ohio
Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Re: McCoy Era Over with Browns

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

mistero wrote:Ran into the twilight zone on talk radio today. Les Levine had his whole show about how the Browns should build around Colt. Then Bernie comes on 850 and throws his support to Colt saying he needs playmakes and he'll be fine.

What are these people smoking?


SD:

them boys are suckin on Lerners dirty drawls
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests