Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Good God Almighty

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Good God Almighty

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Lubber wrote:
hiko wrote:
Lubber wrote:He seems to be a genuine good guy.

This is incredibly naive, especially after the Hillis fiasco and the shit that went down at PSU. He might be a genuine good guy. He might not. You don't know him. In this day and age, it just seems dumb to base how you feel about a player on "he seems like a good guy" (not saying that's what you're doing).

I do not know him personally, but I know the guy you claim to be the moron who drafted him, so I will take his word for it.

I am not basing my feeling on that, but rather my amazement as to all the hate towards him.

C'mon Lub, McDaniels isn't the only one you know who could possibly make bad decisions. Hell, you played cards with many that made several bad decisions per hour.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:42 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Lubber wrote:
hiko wrote:

This is incredibly naive, especially after the Hillis fiasco and the shit that went down at PSU. He might be a genuine good guy. He might not. You don't know him. In this day and age, it just seems dumb to base how you feel about a player on "he seems like a good guy" (not saying that's what you're doing).

I do not know him personally, but I know the guy you claim to be the moron who drafted him, so I will take his word for it.

I am not basing my feeling on that, but rather my amazement as to all the hate towards him.

C'mon Lub, McDaniels isn't the only one you know who could possibly make bad decisions. Hell, you played cards with many that made several bad decisions per hour.

Lub may have missed that while he was setting the card-playing bar lower than any of those people he was playing with. :lmfao:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm an Atheist. I think Hillis is way more annoying than Tebow.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:29 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Lubber wrote:
hiko wrote:

True that Pipes! Such as not going to the sanitizer after blowing mucus all over your hands all night
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Another win for Tebow!!!!
Lubber

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:25 pm

I think we should all go and start voting for Timmy to go to the Pro Bowl just to give Elway an aneurysm.
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
That_Guy™

Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:30 pm

^ Not a bad idea, I remember when people referred to Derek Anderson as a "pro bowl QB" That gave me an aneurysm, three times.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby hiko » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:16 pm

Tebow's continued impractical wins do nothing but fuck Denver for next year (unless Elway has huge balls and drafts a QB anyway).

I don't like Denver, so I'm rooting for Timmy too. Woooooo Tebow! You ride that horsie right into its grave!
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:23 pm

I almost feel sorry for Denver fans. They've got their heads so far up their asses, that they can't even see their grim future. Luckily for the Broncos, their owner isn't as stupid/naive as their fans are. Soon enough, when the wheels fall off, they'll all be crying.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors

Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:29 pm

hiko wrote:Tebow's continued impractical wins do nothing but fuck Denver for next year (unless Elway has huge balls and drafts a QB anyway).

I don't like Denver, so I'm rooting for Timmy too. Woooooo Tebow! You ride that horsie right into its grave!

We're on the same page as far as the guy sustaining any type of success in the future, however, assuming it does nothing for Denver besides F things up is also assuming the organization will act like excited fans. And, if they do indeed act like excited fans then it don't matter much who they got QBing, cause they aren't going to win anyway.

One thing ya gotta give him is that the Denver players expect to win, not hope to win. Not sure that's a bad thing for the team's culture.

Take the Browns game in the fourth, and the Broncos game in the fourth. One team hopin', on team expectin'.

Again, the guy is BAD at quarterback, but Christ, is that really a worse situation then them going 5 straight years of being awful? Not that I know for sure, but instilling a little something into those young players...
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:02 am

leadpipe wrote:
hiko wrote:Tebow's continued impractical wins do nothing but fuck Denver for next year (unless Elway has huge balls and drafts a QB anyway).

We're on the same page as far as the guy sustaining any type of success in the future, however, assuming it does nothing for Denver besides F things up is also assuming the organization will act like excited fans. And, if they do indeed act like excited fans then it don't matter much who they got QBing, cause they aren't going to win anyway.

One thing ya gotta give him is that the Denver players expect to win, not hope to win. Not sure that's a bad thing for the team's culture.

Take the Browns game in the fourth, and the Broncos game in the fourth. One team hopin', on team expectin'.

Again, the guy is BAD at quarterback, but Christ, is that really a worse situation then them going 5 straight years of being awful? Not that I know for sure, but instilling a little something into those young players...

I simply refuse to believe that the Defense (which is the unit absolutely carrying the team right now) looked at Tebow taking over the starting role and said "OK boys, now we've got a QB that can't throw. Nothing can stop us now!"

If Tebow played Defense, hells yeah I can see them rallying around the guy. And I can see why the Offense might rally around him.

But I think Von Miller is the guy that everyone is looking up to, that is changing the culture. Cuz without him, they probably are 2-4 instead of 5-1 under any QB.

The Defense is winning these games, but if Tebow is the lucky charm, sure, rub his head and make a wish. Even the D is willing to do that, providing they keep winning. Once the D has a bad game and Tebow can't do anything to help, I'm guessing the love becomes fleeting.

Agree on the front office shouldn't bow to fans, but it wouldn't be the first time that I've seen fans make an incredible stink about something stupid. And that can affect a team.
hiko

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:10 am

hiko wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

I simply refuse to believe that the Defense (which is the unit absolutely carrying the team right now) looked at Tebow taking over the starting role and said "OK boys, now we've got a QB that can't throw. Nothing can stop us now!"

If Tebow played Defense, hells yeah I can see them rallying around the guy. And I can see why the Offense might rally around him.

But I think Von Miller is the guy that everyone is looking up to, that is changing the culture. Cuz without him, they probably are 2-4 instead of 5-1 under any QB.

The Defense is winning these games, but if Tebow is the lucky charm, sure, rub his head and make a wish. Even the D is willing to do that, providing they keep winning. Once the D has a bad game and Tebow can't do anything to help, I'm guessing the love becomes fleeting.

Agree on the front office shouldn't bow to fans, but it wouldn't be the first time that I've seen fans make an incredible stink about something stupid. And that can affect a team.

I guess I just trust Elway, cause he's pretty much nailed it - if you struggle to pass the ball, even if you do a bunch of other stuff well, you're gonna win from 6 to 10 - but you aren't sniffing a championship. He's been public with these comments, and he's also the one guy in Denver that has the cache to do what he wants.

So, it's with this in mind that I say the winning isn't Fing them over.

One thing for certain - we're going to see this play out.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:14 am

leadpipe wrote:I guess I just trust Elway, cause he's pretty much nailed it - if you struggle to pass the ball, even if you do a bunch of other stuff well, you're gonna win from 6 to 10 - but you aren't sniffing a championship. He's been public with these comments, and he's also the one guy in Denver that has the cache to do what he wants.

So, it's with this in mind that I say the winning isn't Fing them over.

One thing for certain - we're going to see this play out.

Agree - I was impressed that he said what he said. Most GM's would've flat lied. Some of them might've even believed their own lies.

I still wouldn't want to be caught in the shitstorm that hits when the Broncs take Landry Jones in the 1st.
hiko

Unread postby Lubber » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:51 pm

It has been proven that if you can control the clock and run the ball effectively, you are going to give your team a very high percentage chance of winning each week. #1 - it keeps your defense well rested
#2 - Keeps the other team's offense off the field
#3 - limits INTs

Since 2000, teams are 223-19 (.921) with 30+ rushes and 20 or fewer passes. Since the 1970 NFL merger, teams are 30-2 (.938) with 50+ rushes and 10 or fewer passes.

Those are some pretty good winning percentages in a supposedly QB friendly league.
Lubber

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Lubber wrote:It has been proven that if you can control the clock and run the ball effectively, you are going to give your team a very high percentage chance of winning each week. #1 - it keeps your defense well rested
#3 - limits INTs

Since 2000, teams are 223-19 (.921) with 30+ rushes and 20 or fewer passes. Since the 1970 NFL merger, teams are 30-2 (.938) with 50+ rushes and 10 or fewer passes.

Those are some pretty good winning percentages in a supposedly QB friendly league.

Context.

Since 2000, how many of those teams had built up leads and were running out the clock?

How many times in the last 20 years has a team run 50+ and thrown 10-? My guess is not many or none.

Are you really saying that the Broncos will be a winning "running" team with a fullback playing under center? Most successful running teams still have a QB playing QB.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Your theory about running teams would have to be about effective running teams. Denver's offense isn't good enough to stay on the field and rest the defense, which can be attested by the Chargers and Jets both having a Time of Possession advantage (didn't go back past that). Sure, you can rack up 150 rushing yards a week, but when that accounts for 90% of your offense, it isn't impressive.

Like the Wildcat, the Spread Option will not last. Hell, it doesn't work now (except on the last drive of the game). It's as effective now as it ever will be, and that ain't good.

It has been proven that if you cannot run and you cannot throw, you are going to give your team a very low percentage of winning each week.

#1 - It keeps your defense on the field.
#2 - It keeps the other team's offense on the field.
#3 - Hard to score when you can't move the ball.

Since 1920, teams are 0-1012 when scoring less points than the opponent.

That's a pretty poor percentage in a supposedly Tebow friendly league.
Last edited by hiko on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
hiko

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Lubber wrote:It has been proven that if you can control the clock and run the ball effectively, you are going to give your team a very high percentage chance of winning each week. #1 - it keeps your defense well rested
#3 - limits INTs

I really hope all of this is tongue-in-cheek and not a serious attempt to make some type of point.

Teams want to throw the ball because (for most) it is far easier than running the ball. Running the ball requires a fierce commitment and dedication and a mindset that starts in TC. It is physical, it takes reps, and it beats people up in practice. Not that teams CAN practice in pads anymore.

Throwing the ball is a lot of 7 on 7 and no contact drills. It is easier to practice and harder to defend (when executed properly). The NFL falls all over itself and its fantasy fans to try and make every game a 41-38 shootout. The rules greatly favor a throwing league.

The problem is that there are only a handful of QBs that can execute on a level high enough to be successful. The NFL is selling a game that the NCAA cannot stock. At some point, the pendulum will swing back toward balance. Until then, running out the clock is cool, but not when you're down by 2 scores with 8 minutes left.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:14 am

Even Elway is seeing the improvement each week

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19426334?source=bb

Let's see what he does the next few weeks against Minnesota's tough D-Line, and Urlacher the following week.
Lubber

Unread postby hiko » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Lubber wrote:Even Elway is seeing the improvement each week.

Even Elway is seeing the scrutiny his words are coming under and is now "saying the right thing" to placate the Tebow-ners.
hiko

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:36 pm

I can't wait for the Super Bowl.

Tebow drives em' down the field for the go ahead score at the two minute warning.

Rodgers brings the Pack back and are on the brink of pulling of a last minute drive, until Fox inserts Tebow at OLB, and he comes around end with the strip sack on Rodgers, giving the title to Denver.

Tebow voted MVP, going 4 of 13 for 56 yards.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:21 pm

4th Quarter about to start, Tebow already starting his comeback magic.
Lubber

Unread postby hiko » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Speaking of QB's that suck, Sanchez is back at it again.
hiko

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Matt Ryan, too

He missed two wide open TD passes on their 1st series and its been all downhill from there
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby hiko » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Matt Ryan, too

He missed two wide open TD passes on their 1st series and its been all downhill from there

Quite a few drops in that game for him, though you won't see me complaining. I've been rooting against Atlanta all season like they're Pittstown.
hiko

Unread postby swerb » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:53 pm

This Den/Min game has been amazing.

Tebow 8-11, 2 TD passing, 0 INT, 154.5 QB rating.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby hiko » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:07 pm

swerb wrote:This Den/Min game has been amazing.

Yeah, he's awesome with those 11 attempts.
hiko

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:22 pm

4th Quarter about to start, Tebow already starting his comeback magic.
Lubber

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:25 pm

hiko wrote:

It's called efficiency and limiting turnovers. Would you rather have Ponder and his 360+ yards with his INTs? Not me. Give me a game manager who does not turn it over and wins games.
Lubber

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Tebow won again, huh?

props. the guy knows how to do that. I wish I could have a guy like that on the Browns*

*with you know..the ability to make an NFL throw more than 11 times.

Ain't going to hate. I'm actually pulling for the guy. hopefully he gets traded to a place like Jax so I fan more openly do so without the whole denver thing attached to hi,.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Lubber wrote:
hiko wrote:

It's called efficiency and limiting turnovers. Would you rather have Ponder and his 360+ yards with his INTs? Not me. Give me a game manager who does not turn it over and wins games.

Take him.

Give me an NFL QB who can throw the ball and win a Super Bowl.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:22 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Lubber wrote:
hiko wrote:

Take him.

Give me an NFL QB who can throw the ball and win a Super Bowl.

I guess you did not watch the game today Mother. Tebow won this game more with his arm than his legs this week.

Give me a guy who wins! Anybody can throw the ball, but I would rather have a winner and somebody who only throws the ball to his team, not the other team.
Lubber

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Yeah, actually I did watch it. Tebow did have a hell of an interception there, I'll grant you that.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:45 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Yeah, actually I did watch it. Tebow did have a hell of an interception there, I'll grant you that.

Not sure what game you were watching. Ponder was the one tossing picks, not Tebow. He only has thrown one so far this season, one of the main reasons he continues to win.
Lubber

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Lubber wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Yeah, actually I did watch it. Tebow did have a hell of an interception there, I'll grant you that.

Not sure what game you were watching. Ponder was the one tossing picks, not Tebow. He only has thrown one so far this season, one of the main reasons he continues to win.

Thats what I'm talking about. When Tebow intercepted that Ponder pass at the end to win the game for the Broncos, that was great. I'm giving Tebow the credit he's due there.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:59 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Lubber wrote:

Thats what I'm talking about. When Tebow intercepted that Ponder pass at the end to win the game for the Broncos, that was great. I'm giving Tebow the credit he's due there.

Oh, you must of missed the drive he put together prior to that including the 2 point conversion to tie the game after that defense that won the game was getting lit up by Ponder, or the other drives he put together. He did not give up 32 points. All the Interception did was speed up the inevitable, a Tebow 4th Quarter spectacular finish. You would really rather have a "protoype thrower" than a winner?
Lubber

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:48 pm

Yes. Yes I would. A prototype thrower like Brady, Rogers, Manning, Brees...yes I would. Please. Give me one of those guys. You can have the winner. I'll give you odds.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:51 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Yes. Yes I would. A prototype thrower like Brady, Rogers, Manning, Brees...yes I would. Please. Give me one of those guys. You can have the winner. I'll give you odds.

Wow, wouldn't it be very easy to get to choose any future Hall of Famer you wanted?

Who would not want one of those guys? I do not see those guys being traded to Denver any time soon, so they have either Tebow or Quinn (who according to most is a prototype QB, so I guess by your logic, you would rather have him as your QB if you were running Denver).
Lubber

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:28 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Lubber wrote:

This is quality stuff. Nice Mother.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Lubber wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:Yes. Yes I would. A prototype thrower like Brady, Rogers, Manning, Brees...yes I would. Please. Give me one of those guys. You can have the winner. I'll give you odds.

Wow, wouldn't it be very easy to get to choose any future Hall of Famer you wanted?

Who would not want one of those guys? I do not see those guys being traded to Denver any time soon, so they have either Tebow or Quinn (who according to most is a prototype QB, so I guess by your logic, you would rather have him as your QB if you were running Denver).

Wait, I thought Tebow was a "winner". Now you're arguing that you'd prefer him over Quinn. Yeah, great. Me too. We agree.

I don't want Quinn. My logic isn't saying that any prototype QB can win the Super Bowl. My logic is that a QB like Tebow likely NEVER can. I don't want Tebow. don't think Tebow is very good. I don't think that a team with Tebow as a QB will ever win the Super Bowl. I believe these thing despite the obvious"fact" that he's a "winner".

You know what? Fuck it. If you don't get what I (and others here) are saying by now, there's no way to make you understand.

You take the winner. Ride his holy ass straight to the middle for the next few seasons. I'll take my chances with one of the QBs in the top of the draft. And if that guy bombs I'll take my chances with the next big thing in the draft. Just make sure he can throw.
:salute:
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:59 pm

Hell if Tebow would have the Browns at 7-5 right now. Everyone in Cleveland would be going crazy and nobody would give a shit about his numbers besides the number of wins. Give me a winning season for once and a shot at the playoffs every year then trying to draft the next great Qb year in and year out. Because that has worked for the Browns for the last 12 years.

The guy is making the throws when he needs to and not turning the ball over. I remember a could QB's who did that and have Super bowl rings. Rapeburgh, Brad Johnson, and Trent Dilfer. It can be done. It is called game management and Tebow has it.
Cleveland Matt

Favorite Player: Mark Price

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:02 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Lubber wrote:

Wait, I thought Tebow was a "winner". Now you're arguing that you'd prefer him over Quinn. Yeah, great. Me too. We agree.

I don't want Quinn. My logic isn't saying that any prototype QB can win the Super Bowl. My logic is that a QB like Tebow likely NEVER can. I don't want Tebow. don't think Tebow is very good. I don't think that a team with Tebow as a QB will ever win the Super Bowl. I believe these thing despite the obvious"fact" that he's a "winner".

You know what? Fuck it. If you don't get what I (and others here) are saying by now, there's no way to make you understand.

You take the winner. Ride his holy ass straight to the middle for the next few seasons. I'll take my chances with one of the QBs in the top of the draft. And if that guy bombs I'll take my chances with the next big thing in the draft. Just make sure he can throw.
:salute:

You are right. I do not get taking my chances in every draft trying to find a guy "who can throw", when I would have a winner like tebow on my team who as you saw today can throw indeed. He is 6-1 as a starter and has his team in 1st place in their division. Last time I checked, to win the Super Bowl, you need to win during the regular season which he is doing. Will he ever win a Super Bowl? Who knows, but I think he has a better chance than 60-70 percent of the other starting QBs in the league.
Lubber

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Anyone who doesn't see John Fox as COTY is a buffoon.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby pup » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:09 pm

If Fox is COTY...Tebow is MVP. You making that argument?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby bac5665 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Let's make this easy.

To win the Super Bowl, you need a Hall of Fame QB. Period. Trent Dilfer doesn't win for the Ravens anymore. The rules have changed to much.

Is Tebow a Hall of Fame QB? Answer that question and you have the answer.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:13 pm

pup wrote:If Fox is COTY...Tebow is MVP. You making that argument?

If they win out, yes in the AFC. Rogers is overall league MVP. He is having unbelievable season.
Lubber

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:14 pm

It is more then Tebow that is helping the Broncos win. Their D is playing great they have the D ROY in Miller, Champ Baliey never seems to get old or slow. Willis McGahee has found the fountain of youth and again Tebow is making the plays when he needs to and not turning the ball over.
Cleveland Matt

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:16 pm

bac5665 wrote:Let's make this easy.

To win the Super Bowl, you need a Hall of Fame QB. Period. Trent Dilfer doesn't win for the Ravens anymore. The rules have changed to much.

Is Tebow a Hall of Fame QB? Answer that question and you have the answer.

Is Eli Mannings a HOF QB and I would debate that Rapeburgh is a HOF QB. You need more then one player to win a good QB helps but you need a whole team around them as well.
Cleveland Matt

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:18 pm

No pup, I'm just giving credit where credit is due.

Has Tebow made some plays, yeah he has. But his play has been unorthodox, and often poor and the end results of such have been skewed in terms of impact on wins & losses. IOW is it better for Denver's HMFIC (Fox) to utilize the resources the has, the best he can for the ultimate purpose of giving the team the best chance to win, yep.

95% of the coaches in this league would not do what Fox is doing. You can argue the long term validity of such a use of resources, but Fox was hired to coach and win games with the players he has, he is.

Tebow as MVP, not a chance, the Denver defense as the most important part of any team's record in the league outside of GB's offense, sure.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cleveland Matt » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:19 pm

John Fox is a hell of a coach and he is putting his players in the best possible positions to succeed at this level which is what a good coach would do. He found a way to use Tebow to the best of his ablilities and is getting the most out of other players on his team. So yes up to this point Fox should be the coach of the year
Cleveland Matt

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:23 pm

Cleveland Matt wrote:It is more then Tebow that is helping the Broncos win. Their D is playing great they have the D ROY in Miller, Champ Baliey never seems to get old or slow. Willis McGahee has found the fountain of youth and again Tebow is making the plays when he needs to and not turning the ball over.

No question about that. We saw how much Miller means to the defense today with him not playing. One of the main reasons Tebow is successful is his lack of mistakes (fumbles, interceptions,etc). Like Pipe said earlier, he has boosted the team confidence dramatically with his play. They now expect to win when the game in on the line. When you play with that kind of confidence, good things tend to happen more often than not.
Lubber

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL