Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Aaron Rodgers

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:41 pm

From time to time on these here threads we've quibbled about the best QB of all time.

Well, you're lookin' at him. Just needs to put in a few more years cause:

He throws the slant better than anyone.

He throws the back shoulder better than anyone.

He throws the seams better than anyone.

He's the best deep ball thrower in the league - and this includes the three different versions he's the best at.

He's BY FAR the best third down playmaker in the game.

He's BY FAR the best red zone QB in the game (Never saw a guy make the correct throw every time in the red zone - not only player, but whether to throw the fade w/air, whether to throw it with enough juice that the DB can't turn his head.)

He's the best guy in the game when the pocket breaks down.

And, he's by far the best progression QB I've seen. Man, is that game moving SLOW for him.

He' don't turn it over

Intangibly fantastic. Christ, he can roll out and chuck it 50 without his pulse rate going up.

Teams like the Jets are wastin' their time, cause if you can't hang 30 on them, you're not beating them.

never saw anything like it.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6552
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:30 am

I agree with every bit of that. That deep ball to Jordy Nelson on the bootleg yesterday was refuckingdiculous.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
User avatar
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:35 pm
Location: Mentor
Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby Lubber » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:10 am

How about the one ball to Finley. He was covered and AR put the ball in the only spot JM could catch it. Tough to beat a guy when he completes passes even when the receivers are well covered.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:55 am

leadpipe wrote:From time to time on these here threads we've quibbled about the best QB of all time.

Well, you're lookin' at him. Just needs to put in a few more years cause:

He throws the slant better than anyone.

He throws the back shoulder better than anyone.

He throws the seams better than anyone.

He's the best deep ball thrower in the league - and this includes the three different versions he's the best at.

He's BY FAR the best third down playmaker in the game.

He's BY FAR the best red zone QB in the game (Never saw a guy make the correct throw every time in the red zone - not only player, but whether to throw the fade w/air, whether to throw it with enough juice that the DB can't turn his head.)

He's the best guy in the game when the pocket breaks down.

And, he's by far the best progression QB I've seen. Man, is that game moving SLOW for him.

He' don't turn it over

Intangibly fantastic. Christ, he can roll out and chuck it 50 without his pulse rate going up.

Teams like the Jets are wastin' their time, cause if you can't hang 30 on them, you're not beating them.

never saw anything like it.


SD:

30 ain't enough

The Chargers posted 38 and got smoked .

Never saw a better package of touch power and athleticism playing QB .

His placement on pasess is surgical short long deep and in between , the ball does not hit the ground , the bond between receivers and QB is Jedi magic.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:32 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

30 ain't enough

The Chargers posted 38 and got smoked .

Never saw a better package of touch power and athleticism playing QB .

His placement on pasess is surgical short long deep and in between , the ball does not hit the ground , the bond between receivers and QB is Jedi magic.

SoulDawg


Amen to that. I might be the minority here in terms of why I think Rodgers is so good, but I think beyond the accuracy, athleticism, progressions and whatnot, his most impressive skill is his inordinate lack of making bad decisions. It seems even the incomplete passes are the best decision to make given the circumstances. Zero panic, no wasted motion, and his decision making is damn near flawless. I've seen nothing like it by any other QB in the league. Everything he does is with purpose.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
User avatar
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:35 pm
Location: Mentor
Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Not much to disagree with here. I think his athleticism gives him such an edge, and frankly I've never seen a guy walk up behind center with so much confidence. I swear to God Almighty that Rogers walks out of the huddle with 6 seconds left on the play clock and takes 8 seconds to walk up under center, not only does he not get the mathematically inevitable delay of game call but the ensuing play is usually flat out awesome.

Another 6-7 years of this and it is hard to imagine him not as a/the GOAT. However, Lead, the problem is the ever changing, always flip flopping, completely inconsistent criteria in naming the GOAT. Not directing any of that toward you but you know what I'm getting at. If he puts up 7 more years of this level of awesome and has 1 ring to show for it.....
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:45 pm

FUDU wrote:If he puts up 7 more years of this level of awesome and has 1 ring to show for it.....


I'm having a hard time seeing how he doesn't get #2 in three months.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:47 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
FUDU wrote:If he puts up 7 more years of this level of awesome and has 1 ring to show for it.....


I'm having a hard time seeing how he doesn't get #2 in three months.


Same here, but I think many people expected the Pats to have 2 more by now as well.

In this league you really never know (speaking of good competent franchises that is).
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby Toxicadam » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:15 pm

As I was watching the game yesterday I felt the same kind of amazement at his talent. It was really a stunning performance to watch.
User avatar
Toxicadam
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:53 am

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Another telling sign is how Rodgers play has made the city of Green Bay, and basically the rest of the country forget about a guy who was built up as a legend in the media and has become irrelevant in almost the blink of an eye.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:19 pm

FUDU wrote:Not much to disagree with here. I think his athleticism gives him such an edge, and frankly I've never seen a guy walk up behind center with so much confidence. I swear to God Almighty that Rogers walks out of the huddle with 6 seconds left on the play clock and takes 8 seconds to walk up under center, not only does he not get the mathematically inevitable delay of game call but the ensuing play is usually flat out awesome.

Another 6-7 years of this and it is hard to imagine him not as a/the GOAT. However, Lead, the problem is the ever changing, always flip flopping, completely inconsistent criteria in naming the GOAT. Not directing any of that toward you but you know what I'm getting at. If he puts up 7 more years of this level of awesome and has 1 ring to show for it.....


Mannings been in the GOAT argument with one. Marino is in it with none.

If he puts up 6 or 7 more years of this, he'll clearly be the GOAT to anyone who isn't a complete moron.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6552
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 pm

2007 Pats were the only Offense I'd say might be better, but it only took one good Defensive effort to ruin their season.

But I'd still be hard pressed to find someone that will hold GB to few enough points to take them out come playoff time. Favre at his prime was never as complete a QB package as Rodgers is right now.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby swerb » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:06 pm

This guy is on another level right now. On par with 1984 Dan Marino, 2004 Peyton Manning, and 2007 Tom Brady.

Like those guys in those years, every pass is right on the money. Scary accuracy and proficiency. And teams know he's throwing too, the Pack doesn't have a running game that scares anyone.

Was watching Packers/Chargers with my son Sunday after watching the latest Browns train-wreck. Kid is really starting to get into football and can't even process the differences in what he is seeing from the Browns and Packers offenses.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17916
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:56 am

swerb wrote:This guy is on another level right now. On par with 1984 Dan Marino, 2004 Peyton Manning, and 2007 Tom Brady.

Like those guys in those years, every pass is right on the money. Scary accuracy and proficiency. And teams know he's throwing too, the Pack doesn't have a running game that scares anyone.

Was watching Packers/Chargers with my son Sunday after watching the latest Browns train-wreck. Kid is really starting to get into football and can't even process the differences in what he is seeing from the Browns and Packers offenses.


Typo ^ right?

He can process the difference I bet.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests