Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Occupy Berea

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:06 pm

I agree Hiko. I really thought this guy was smarter than that, but you just really can't tell when you don't truly know these guys. I think his agent was in his ear saying "After what you did last year, I'm gonna get you this amount of money for X amount of years, and you deserve every penny." But not only has his approval rating with the fans dropped, so has his stock, and it has never been worse. Before week one, he was gold; now he's a light brown colored turd, and unless he has one hell of a second half, that's not gonna change.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:46 pm

Shurmer is done.

There is no future with this guy. None. Zero. Zip.

A guy with zero personality, no passion and a shitty offensive game-plan. I've seen nothing but a regression from the offense under his watch.

Again, you want the fanbase on your side and quick? Get a guy with a personality like Cowher's or Gruden's, not saying those guys in particular, because in my opinion getting a fresh faced motivated offensive oriented guy is the way to go. But, that's the direction they need to go.


The Jets and their fans love Rex Ryan, the lions? they love jim schwartz, Steelers? Tomlin. Ravens? Harbaugh, the team we just played? same thing.

get a guy like one of those, and we'll be at least competitive.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:59 pm

Triple-S wrote:Shurmer is done.

There is no future with this guy. None. Zero. Zip.

A guy with zero personality, no passion and a shitty offensive game-plan. I've seen nothing but a regression from the offense under his watch.

Again, you want the fanbase on your side and quick? Get a guy with a personality like Cowher's or Gruden's, not saying those guys in particular, because in my opinion getting a fresh faced motivated offensive oriented guy is the way to go. But, that's the direction they need to go.


The Jets and their fans love Rex Ryan, the lions? they love jim schwartz, Steelers? Tomlin. Ravens? Harbaugh, the team we just played? same thing.

get a guy like one of those, and we'll be at least competitive.


Fans loves those guys because of 27-10. Rah rah. In your face. Means nothing if you cannot coach. Those guys can. Plenty of even keeled guys have won. Plenty of in your face drill sergeants have won. Not a lot of losers have though.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:00 pm

Cleveland Matt wrote:You have to look tho at what Matt Forte is doing with the Bears, he wanted more money from the Bears then the offer he received at some point this season. So what is he doing shuting his mouth and going out there and proving to the Bears and all the other NFl teams that he is worth the money he is asking for.


The same Matt Forte who last week basically blasted the entire organization on "Rome is Burning" for not getting what he thought was fair value? The same Matt Forte who quoted the franchise tag was a cheap way out and he wouldn't be happy if that is the route Chicago takes? Because that is exactly what happened its just he's going out and playing. We don't know who is pulling the strings on why Hillis is or isn't playing (he was out in pregames running around catching/throwing balls in sweats like nothing was wrong) but it reeks of mismanagement. I'd give you pride of place if we knew Hillis was sitting simply to be defiant, but given the pressers Shurmur has given, I think the org is putting its feet in the ground. Its not Hillis's fault they reduced his carries at the beginning of the year. Its hard to prove yourself when you don't get the ball.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
User avatar
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:35 pm
Location: Mentor
Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:07 pm

pup wrote:Fans loves those guys because of 27-10. Rah rah. In your face. Means nothing if you cannot coach. Those guys can. Plenty of even keeled guys have won. Plenty of in your face drill sergeants have won. Not a lot of losers have though.


Paul Brown, Bill Belichick, and Chuck Noll fully agree with this.

and that flat out sums it up though. Dude cannot coach. He's over-matched, and really clearly doesn't have the respect of the locker-room
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:41 pm

Somewhere Tom landry is reading all this rah rah rah crap and he's almost on the verge of a smile...

Class act who rarely even raised an eyebrow let alone his blood pressure...

On the flip side in the same town is Jimmy Johnson....now there was an emotional winner
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:59 pm

On 3rd and 2 you don't get "cute" and run a WR bubble screen. A major part of the reason Schumer looks sooo bad is that he runs counter to a style of play all of us have grown up with. Right or wrong, in Cleveland you run the fucking ball down the other guys throat.

We're seeing something totally different, we are not used to it, and we don't like it. Schumer is drinking Cosmos at the local beer pub.
That shit don't fly here homeslice.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:54 pm

bookelly wrote:A major part of the reason Schumer looks sooo bad is that he runs counter to a style of play all of us have grown up with.


Not to go all Pros on the thread, but something I noticed in the last QBR from ESPN: Alex Smith is barely rated higher than Colt McCoy. Which isn't much of a surprise, I never thought Smith was that good anyways. Now consider how solid the Browns' D has been so far, and then compare Sunday's results and both teams' records so far. Is that all Frank Gore? Or, hmm, something else?

The reason Shurmur looks so bad is because he is bad. Fire Paddy.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby hiko » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:44 am

Ratings don't mean shit to me. One guy has looked (finally) like an NFL QB, the other guy looks like he's covered with invisible fire every time he drops back.

And, yes, the Browns would look a lot more competent with Frank Gore on the roster.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby pup » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:06 am

hiko wrote:Ratings don't mean shit to me. One guy has looked (finally) like an NFL QB, the other guy looks like he's covered with invisible fire every time he drops back.

And, yes, the Browns would look a lot more competent with Frank Gore on the roster.


Only if he was a WR.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby hiko » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:47 am

pup wrote:
hiko wrote:Ratings don't mean shit to me. One guy has looked (finally) like an NFL QB, the other guy looks like he's covered with invisible fire every time he drops back.

And, yes, the Browns would look a lot more competent with Frank Gore on the roster.


Only if he was a WR.


Because a competent running game wouldn't help anything? :bunny:
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby pup » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:03 am

hiko wrote:
pup wrote:
hiko wrote:Ratings don't mean shit to me. One guy has looked (finally) like an NFL QB, the other guy looks like he's covered with invisible fire every time he drops back.

And, yes, the Browns would look a lot more competent with Frank Gore on the roster.


Only if he was a WR.


Because a competent running game wouldn't help anything? :bunny:


Not with Pat calling the plays.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby hiko » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 am

pup wrote:
hiko wrote:
pup wrote:
hiko wrote:Ratings don't mean shit to me. One guy has looked (finally) like an NFL QB, the other guy looks like he's covered with invisible fire every time he drops back.

And, yes, the Browns would look a lot more competent with Frank Gore on the roster.


Only if he was a WR.


Because a competent running game wouldn't help anything? :bunny:


Not with Pat calling the plays.


Ah. Gotcha. :bunny:
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:34 pm

I keep thinking of head coaching candidates to go after. I've seen nothing out of shurmer that makes me think of him as a leader in any manner, nor does he have the brains like a Belichick or even a Mangini to be brought back for another season.

the players don't like him or see to respect him, see Cribbs and Hillis.

so my list is as follows:

1.) Gruden. Because, dammit, I still believe. Perfect fit here along the north coast. Plus hiring him would allow us to keep Jauron.
2.) Holmgren- "I do it myself" mentality. Simply would bring in Haskell as OC and keep Jauron.
3.) Jeff Fisher- Solid, Solid guy. Has taken a team to the Super Bowl like the previous two.
4.) Jim Tressel-...I hate his offensive playcalling, but I still really like the guy. He'd understand the Cleveland Browns tradition very well (much like gruden would, but I digress)
5.) Perry Fewell- I keep reading the guy is highly respected amongst his players as a DC. Heard he was quite the motivator
6.) Greg Olson TB'S O-Coordinator. Christ, if we're going with unproven coordinator guy, why not this guy? Clearly he knows what he's doing.
7.) Brian Schottenheimer- Purely based on name recognition, sure. But I think the guy would understand what it means to coach the Brownies. His calls against the Steelers in the AFCCG left a lot to be desired, but I'd much rather have him in charge then Shurmer.

1, 3 and 4 are probably doubtful, but 5, 6 and 7 are more likely. leaving me to really dig Olson.

Give that man RGIII and we'll be finally making a run at AFC North title within 2 years or less.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:12 pm

It's official. They've finally done it. They've completely broken SSS. Time to fit him for a straight jacket.

It's OK SSS. It will be OK, eventually. We're all here for you buddy.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby hiko » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Triple-S wrote:I keep thinking of head coaching candidates to go after. I've seen nothing out of shurmer that makes me think of him as a leader in any manner, nor does he have the brains like a Belichick or even a Mangini to be brought back for another season.

the players don't like him or see to respect him, see Cribbs and Hillis.

so my list is as follows:

1.) Gruden. Because, dammit, I still believe. Perfect fit here along the north coast. Plus hiring him would allow us to keep Jauron.
2.) Holmgren- "I do it myself" mentality. Simply would bring in Haskell as OC and keep Jauron.
3.) Jeff Fisher- Solid, Solid guy. Has taken a team to the Super Bowl like the previous two.
4.) Jim Tressel-...I hate his offensive playcalling, but I still really like the guy. He'd understand the Cleveland Browns tradition very well (much like gruden would, but I digress)
5.) Perry Fewell- I keep reading the guy is highly respected amongst his players as a DC. Heard he was quite the motivator
6.) Greg Olson TB'S O-Coordinator. Christ, if we're going with unproven coordinator guy, why not this guy? Clearly he knows what he's doing.
7.) Brian Schottenheimer- Purely based on name recognition, sure. But I think the guy would understand what it means to coach the Brownies. His calls against the Steelers in the AFCCG left a lot to be desired, but I'd much rather have him in charge then Shurmer.

1, 3 and 4 are probably doubtful, but 5, 6 and 7 are more likely. leaving me to really dig Olson.

Give that man RGIII and we'll be finally making a run at AFC North title within 2 years or less.


See, now, you're letting your hopes get the best of you, to the point where you're actually spending time considering options should Shurmur get fired. Which ain't gonna happen (at least not this year).

This is kind of like the difference between me saying "I wish I'd win the lottery" and me listing 7 things I'd do with the money (thus needlessly getting me excited about the money as if it were a possibility).

And just in case you're wondering:

1. Put enough away to live on the interest.

2. Hire the best lawyers to get full custody of my girls.

3. Move to somewhere in Northern California or Southern Oregon.

4. Buy a boat and learn to sail.

5. Buy a small plane and learn to fly.

6. Buy a vacation home in New Zealand.

7. Hire someone to make PoS "disappear".
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:31 pm

motherscratcher wrote:It's official. They've finally done it. They've completely broken SSS. Time to fit him for a straight jacket.

It's OK SSS. It will be OK, eventually. We're all here for you buddy.


I feel like Phil Connors at the moment with the Browns.

Keep waiting for the old Ned Ryerson to come pay a visit.

Shurmer is the white romeo crennel with a better fo.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Triple-S wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:It's official. They've finally done it. They've completely broken SSS. Time to fit him for a straight jacket.

It's OK SSS. It will be OK, eventually. We're all here for you buddy.


I feel like Phil Connors at the moment with the Browns.

Keep waiting for the old Ned Ryerson to come pay a visit.

Shurmer is the white romeo crennel with a better fo.


Who? Needle-Nose Ned? Ned the Head? I sure as heckfire remember that guy.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:39 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Triple-S wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:It's official. They've finally done it. They've completely broken SSS. Time to fit him for a straight jacket.

It's OK SSS. It will be OK, eventually. We're all here for you buddy.


I feel like Phil Connors at the moment with the Browns.

Keep waiting for the old Ned Ryerson to come pay a visit.

Shurmer is the white romeo crennel with a better fo.


Who? Needle-Nose Ned? Ned the Head? I sure as heckfire remember that guy.


Yeah he sells life insurance. He did the whistling belly button act at the school talent show too.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby hiko » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Got the shingles real bad senior year, bing.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby LakeErieWarriors » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:32 pm

"Shurmer is the white romeo crennel with a better fo."

When I read that, I acknowledged it in my head as correct, then I threw up all over the keyboard.
"Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!" -Al Czervik
LakeErieWarriors
 
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 am
Location: Huron, OH
Favorite Player: Browns Draft
Least Favorite Player: Browns Training Camp

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:33 pm

I get more disgusted with the Owen Marecic pick with every block, run or catch I see Tyler Clutts make with the Bears.

The guy was clearly the better player/FB in camp and was sent packing to protect egos in the front office or whomever forced that pick.

Just sayin'....you didn't need that guy there. There were still athletes on the fucking board.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22758
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:37 pm

peeker643 wrote:I get more disgusted with the Owen Marecic pick with every block, run or catch I see Tyler Clutts make with the Bears.

The guy was clearly the better player/FB in camp and was sent packing to protect egos in the front office or whomever forced that pick.

Just sayin'....you didn't need that guy there. There were still athletes on the fucking board.


That is correct.

Marecic was kept b/c he's the better "prospect" and they reached for him. Owen still might pan out, but, right now, Klutts is clearly superior (as he was in the Preseason).
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:59 pm

My idea: You get a group of young smart and good high school , or lower division college coaches together. Then you grab a group of front office interns. You give each one the league minimum, fill the contracts with incetives and absolutely zero guarantees. Positive progress from week to week gets rewarded , negative progress gets punished with dismissal, allowing the individual subordinate to you to step up.

You couldn't do the same thing with the players because physical talent has limits. But as far as front offices , and coaches go I'd be curious to see what would happen if you get a group of young smart driven people together who are forced to succeed and focased, if they couldn't do better then the typicle pro football coaches and GMs, at building and running a successfully franchise.

At the very least I think I came up with the premis for a great new reality show
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
User avatar
Govbarney
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Govbarney wrote:great new reality show


This is an oxymoron.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:30 pm

hiko wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I get more disgusted with the Owen Marecic pick with every block, run or catch I see Tyler Clutts make with the Bears.

The guy was clearly the better player/FB in camp and was sent packing to protect egos in the front office or whomever forced that pick.

Just sayin'....you didn't need that guy there. There were still athletes on the fucking board.


That is correct.

Marecic was kept b/c he's the better "prospect" and they reached for him. Owen still might pan out, but, right now, Klutts is clearly superior (as he was in the Preseason).


What we do on offense is based on "the system", which dictates pretty much everything. Vickers did not fit the system, and you needed a replacement. So you had to reach for Marecic. Now, whether you had the balls to cut him in camp is another matter.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Occupy Berea

Unread postby hiko » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:36 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
hiko wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I get more disgusted with the Owen Marecic pick with every block, run or catch I see Tyler Clutts make with the Bears.

The guy was clearly the better player/FB in camp and was sent packing to protect egos in the front office or whomever forced that pick.

Just sayin'....you didn't need that guy there. There were still athletes on the fucking board.


That is correct.

Marecic was kept b/c he's the better "prospect" and they reached for him. Owen still might pan out, but, right now, Klutts is clearly superior (as he was in the Preseason).


What we do on offense is based on "the system", which dictates pretty much everything. Vickers did not fit the system, and you needed a replacement. So you had to reach for Marecic. Now, whether you had the balls to cut him in camp is another matter.


I don't know what the contract talks were, so I won't speculate who's to blame for him leaving since I don't buy that they should have "signed him no matter the cost" (like some have done with Hillis). It felt like they weren't willing to pay for a FB what he wanted, so they had to reach and draft one (that, yes, fit their system - in theory).

Whatever the case, he wasn't the best FB in training camp, so he has the potential to be one of the blackest marks against Heckert so far. FB's are so undervalued, you should have no problem drafting a good one at that spot.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], gbot and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], gbot and 2 guests