Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Why The Browns Will Lose Tomorrow

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Why The Browns Will Lose Tomorrow

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:59 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No shit,

I long for the days where a coach took a shitball team and improved every week. Where a coach beat two big time contenders and for the first time in awhile the team was interesting.

I long for a time when we had a coach like that and a GM responsible enough to hand him talent (EVEN THOUGH HE DIDN'T WANT TO AND THEY WERE SANDBAGGING HIM) that was actually talented.

I miss those days.

Three steps back.

Two steps forward.

MARCH!!!

Sorry man, but I can't grasp your point.

Most here should remember how much I hated (and still do) the SHUR MUR hire. Walrus is a big ???? as well.

But I can't look back all misty eyed at the last couple of years and I can't say the current FO is failing because we didn't sign any street FA's in July or August.

Manigini as HC - I liked him.
Mangini as personnel guy - not so much.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby hiko » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:23 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No shit,

I long for the days where a coach took a shitball team and improved every week. Where a coach beat two big time contenders and for the first time in awhile the team was interesting.

I long for a time when we had a coach like that and a GM responsible enough to hand him talent (EVEN THOUGH HE DIDN'T WANT TO AND THEY WERE SANDBAGGING HIM) that was actually talented.

I miss those days.

Three steps back.

Two steps forward.

MARCH!!!

Those that long for the mediocrity of Eric Mangini are akin to those that long for the halycon days of Tim Couch.

Maybe you don't like the current coach/front office/regime. Fine. But longing for liver cancer when you have anal cancer is quintessential Browns fan.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:12 am

I meant to answer this to you on another forum before, but it isn't so much about "Eric Mangini" as it is what I see as a truly fucked up process that is possibly the biggest middle finger to this fan-base during the Lerner era.

This WAS a team approaching mediocrity.

They wanted to go young, HUZZAH.

That doesn't mean you have to tank nor does it mean you have to experiment w/ your coach.

I like Heckert the drafter.

I like real head coaches.

I see a huge clusterfuck unfolding before me and don't understand it at all.

When mediocrity was more interesting than what we have now and our hope is to get back to mediocrity maybe next year, the cancer may be terminal.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:13 am

Oh and I also do question whether or not Mangini could have made it had he been allowed support and "guidance."
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:23 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I meant to answer this to you on another forum before, but it isn't so much about "Eric Mangini" as it is what I see as a truly fucked up process that is possibly the biggest middle finger to this fan-base during the Lerner era.

That doesn't mean you have to tank nor does it mean you have to experiment w/ your coach.

When mediocrity was more interesting than what we have now and our hope is to get back to mediocrity maybe next year, the cancer may be terminal.

^^^^^^Truth.

The cruel irony for me is that I have been a continual Randy basher since Collins-gate. Finally, my biggest bitch is resolved - he puts in place a well structured organization. So I kinda need to STFU on that one a while - even though when I think of Holmgren as grand poobah I get a real quesy feeling in my stomach.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 am

mattvan1 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I meant to answer this to you on another forum before, but it isn't so much about "Eric Mangini" as it is what I see as a truly fucked up process that is possibly the biggest middle finger to this fan-base during the Lerner era.

^^^^^^Truth.

The cruel irony for me is that I have been a continual Randy basher since Collins-gate. Finally, my biggest bitch is resolved - he puts in place a well structured organization. So I kinda need to STFU on that one a while - even though when I think of Holmgren as grand poobah I get a real quesy feeling in my stomach.

Which leads us to draw a possible conclusion, one that I believe to be true - that for the organization to truly become successful, they need a new owner.

Let's not forget, Mangini's career here started with a big issue - an issue that a good owner would've never allowed to happen - Rich Kokinis.

And there's a hundred other examples of why he;s a joke as an owner.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:26 am

I'm not entirely convinced Kokinis wasn't Jammies and his 'advisors' fault to begin with, not Mangini's.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby hiko » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:39 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:When mediocrity was more interesting than what we have now and our hope is to get back to mediocrity maybe next year, the cancer may be terminal.

My guess is the Browns manage to win at least 5 games this year, making them just as mediocre as last year. If a 5 win season can be considered mediocre, which is apparently what we're doing as we don our rose-colored glasses towards yesteryear.

All this hair-pulling over a rookie coach's 0-1 start. Lest we forget, Eric Mangini (not a rookie head coach and having 2 full offseasons to implement his schemes) started 0-4 and 1-11 in 2009 and 0-3 and 1-5 in 2010. Mangini's Browns were outscored 95-29 in his first 3 games.

I also remember a certain contingent of fans wanted Mangini fired after he coached his first game in Cleveland too.
hiko

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:59 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Prosecutor wrote: this offense will rely much less on WRs than most.

Pure speculation. C'mon dude, if you have insights into the SHUR MUR playbook please stop holding back and let us know.

And the last time a team used RB dump offs and TE seam routes to march through the playoffs was..............

Look, if you are saying that our TEs are way better than our WRs so we will take what the D gives us because we have to then Ok. But please don't tell me that this is part of "The Master Plan". Because it is most assuredly not.

That's exactly what I'm saying; that Watson and Moore give the Browns better matchups from the TE position than the receivers do, and they just drafted another athletic TE project in Cameron. Not the "Master Plan", just the way it is at the moment.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:14 pm

hiko wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:When mediocrity was more interesting than what we have now and our hope is to get back to mediocrity maybe next year, the cancer may be terminal.

My guess is the Browns manage to win at least 5 games this year, making them just as mediocre as last year. If a 5 win season can be considered mediocre, which is apparently what we're doing as we don our rose-colored glasses towards yesteryear.

All this hair-pulling over a rookie coach's 0-1 start. Lest we forget, Eric Mangini (not a rookie head coach and having 2 full offseasons to implement his schemes) started 0-4 and 1-11 in 2009 and 0-3 and 1-5 in 2010. Mangini's Browns were outscored 95-29 in his first 3 games.

I also remember a certain contingent of fans wanted Mangini fired after he coached his first game in Cleveland too.

Winning the same amount of games against a shit schedule especially after a year where you lost more games by a touchdown than anyone has in ten years (read Barnwell) is not the same thing as last year. Stop pretending that it is.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hiko » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:43 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
hiko wrote:

Winning the same amount of games against a shit schedule especially after a year where you lost more games by a touchdown than anyone has in ten years (read Barnwell) is not the same thing as last year. Stop pretending that it is.

Last year, we thought opening against Tampa & KC were 2 gimmes. Yet the Browns went 0-2 against that "shit schedule".

What we know of this season is only one game. One freakin' game. This year hasn't happened yet, it isn't over yet. Stop pretending that it is.

PS - Losing more games by a TD than anyone in ten years is hardly a selling point for me regarding the quality of the head coach. So he plays to keep it close and then loses it in the end. No matter how bad Shurmur might end up being, it'll never make me long for the blah that was Mangini-Ball.

I want a "really good" Head Coach here, not just one who "isn't as bad as some".

I think that we Browns fans have gotten so inundated with losing that we have lost complete sight of the goal.
hiko

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:08 pm

The Browns will lose tomorrow because they're a shitty football team. The rest is semantics.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby hiko » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:The Browns will lose tomorrow because they're a shitty football team. The rest is semantics.

A-fuckin-men.
hiko

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL