Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Silly Browns Boards

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Silly Browns Boards

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:04 pm

So quiet when there's nothing to bitch about from Preseason Game #1.

Sucks when the QB is efficient and effective if not downright good. Sucks when weapons you didn't know about beforehand pass the muster and perform.

This place would have been apoplectic had the Packers won that game 45-3.

Shit, there would have been 25 posts alone on Jauron needing a timeout before the very first play after the opening kickoff.

Hopefully the Lions crush them next week so folks can get back to posting. Or maybe we'll have a few more threads when the surprise wears off.

;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Silly Browns Boards

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:10 pm

peeker643 wrote:So quiet when there's nothing to bitch about from Preseason Game #1.

Sucks when the QB is efficient and effective if not downright good. Sucks when weapons you didn't know about beforehand pass the muster and perform.

Shit, there would have been 25 posts alone on Jauron needing a timeout before the very first play after the opening kickoff.

Hopefully the Lions crush them next week so folks can get back to posting. Or maybe we'll have a few more threads when the surprise wears off.

It's a process. You have to trust the process. :hide:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:40 pm

I didn't even know there was a fucking preseason game until today.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:43 pm

...and here I thought it was pass the mustard.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:45 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:So quiet when there's nothing to bitch about from Preseason Game #1.

It's a process. You have to trust the process. :hide:

Can't someone at least bitch about someone like Ben Watson being too old to be useful when this team gets good or tell me how Evan Moore is unreliable and injury prone but then bitch about not going out and signing Sydney Rice or dealing for Lee Evans or Osi Umenyiora?

I've gotten it elsewhere. Where there's also been bitching about using a 4th round pick on a guy who will not only start on offense every week but who will also be a key on special teams.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Ok, not worth a new thread, but Armond Smith got the majority of the carries last night because

a) He's had a great camp and deserved those carries
b) As an UDFA has no chance to make the team and was being showcased for a trade
c) Will definitely be in the mix as a change of pace guy. Montario - now is not the time to riding a stationary bike on the sidelines
d) WTF is an Armond Smith?
mattvan1

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Camp Colt :thumb up:

...and what a great thing it will be to watch this young and hungry team

That performance was almost as good as Couch's vs the Pack in a preseason game right before some FA nitwit in camp put his shoulder pad into Couch's elbow....

Remember when?
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby ShadowDawg » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:37 pm

For me...its not just about "getting Lee Evans" its the fact that it only cost a 4th rounder to get his services.

WRs did a nice job last night, but they are still sub-par on NFL standards. They will struggle when the real games start and the vanilla preseason defenses are replaced with aggressive press coverage and blitzes. Not to mention actually having to play against their best corner (Charles Woodson).

Just for you Peek. ;)
ShadowDawg

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:13 pm

ShadowDawg wrote:For me...its not just about "getting Lee Evans" its the fact that it only cost a 4th rounder to get his services.

WRs did a nice job last night, but they are still sub-par on NFL standards. They will struggle when the real games start and the vanilla preseason defenses are replaced with aggressive press coverage and blitzes. Not to mention actually having to play against their best corner (Charles Woodson).

Just for you Peek. ;)

SD:

We're saving our firepower for next years draft , and are going to sort out if these receivers can be effective when executing a real offense , and not Dumballs wet dream mangy fantasy of what an offense should be.

Little and Cribbs showed well , while neither of our top weapons iin Masso or Mitchell even dressed.

Watson needs half a dozen touches a game , because he's a beast and plain out ignites the deep seam route which is Colts favorite .

Rather that fourth we saved buys some linebacker or safety help next year .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:29 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
ShadowDawg wrote:For me...its not just about "getting Lee Evans" its the fact that it only cost a 4th rounder to get his services.

Just for you Peek. ;)

SD:

We're saving our firepower for next years draft , and are going to sort out if these receivers can be effective when executing a real offense , and not Dumballs wet dream mangy fantasy of what an offense should be.

Little and Cribbs showed well , while neither of our top weapons iin Masso or Mitchell even dressed.

Watson needs half a dozen touches a game , because he's a beast and plain out ignites the deep seam route which is Colts favorite .

Rather that fourth we saved buys some linebacker or safety help next year .

SoulDawg

Agree with this.

And I disagree that we know this group of receivers in this system are substandard. No one can tell me how Greg Little will handle press coverage or better corners until he does. And I'd rather have Little today than today's Lee Evans. No one can tell me that this system will or won't benefit MoMass and Biskie til we see them in it. No one knows of Jordan Norwood or Carlton Mitchell will be guys who contribute.

Moore has also proven he can play regardless of who's lined up across from the Browns offense.

I know I've said it but I like a few of these guys in this offensive system. I think it accentuates what strengths they bring and limits the times they're asked to do what they can't.

Time will tell. Saturday was a solid start offensively.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Once the SoulDawg "Hyperbole Cancellation Filter" is applied it all makes sense.

Describing a guy who didn't catch a pass last year as "one of our top weapons" is just a bit over the top.

Just a bit.
mattvan1

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Describing Carlton Mitchell as "one of our top weapons" implies that some of the other wide receivers are "weapons". I think that's where I have an issue.

But yeah, last night's performance left me angry and frustrated that I didn't have anything to bitch about. Wait - they chose the ugly brown uniforms. Stupid Browns.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Prosecutor wrote:Describing Carlton Mitchell as "one of our top weapons" implies that some of the other wide receivers are "weapons". I think that's where I have an issue.

But yeah, last night's performance left me angry and frustrated that I didn't have anything to bitch about. Wait - they chose the ugly brown uniforms. Stupid Browns.

There's always the defense. It's not good.

The Browns were 13th in points allowed and 31st in points scored last season. They won't quite flip those but they will be reversed in terms of rankings when 2011's all said and done.

They are in desperate need of help and talent in the front seven and they have zero depth defensively.

But the offense is going to be better. Appreciably better. Not enough to carry that defense beyond 5 or 6 wins but....

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby hiko » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:10 pm

peeker643 wrote:Can't someone at least bitch about someone like Ben Watson being too old to be useful when this team gets good or tell me how Evan Moore is unreliable and injury prone but then bitch about not going out and signing Sydney Rice or dealing for Lee Evans or Osi Umenyiora?

I've gotten it elsewhere. Where there's also been bitching about using a 4th round pick on a guy who will not only start on offense every week but who will also be a key on special teams.

Peek, I think you misunderstand me (can't speak for anyone else).

I'm not bitching about any one person in particular that the Browns didn't get. I do, however, remain in the Bitchhood regarding the fact that Heckert picked up - what? - about 4 new guys via Free Agency and trades?

I know that some of these Undrafted Free Agents that everyone seems to have fallen in love with will stick and help the team. But it's not like the only reason they were undrafted is that everyone else is stupid. They're hit or miss guys - and those types miss a lot more than they hit.

If you want to seriously compete, you don't fill your roster with those guys and just pray.

I'm not even looking for the home run. I'm looking for the 5 or 6 year vets that will back up current starters and create depth. You know, so that when a couple starters go down, you're not relying on undrafted rookies to carry your team.

Heckert's approach so far seems to me about developing as much young talent as possible because we don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning this year. Maybe this is an incredibly wise approach that will pan out for us 2 or 3 years from now. But I also don't think it would've been that hard or that painful to sign maybe 4 or 5 other guys on the relatively inexpensive to help round out this team and maybe try to compete NOW. Just for shits and giggles, ya know.

Cuz I KNOW that the plan isn't to Suck For Luck. Even if they tried that plan, they'd have a hard time beating out the Bengals.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 am

hiko wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Can't someone at least bitch about someone like Ben Watson being too old to be useful when this team gets good or tell me how Evan Moore is unreliable and injury prone but then bitch about not going out and signing Sydney Rice or dealing for Lee Evans or Osi Umenyiora?

Peek, I think you misunderstand me (can't speak for anyone else).

I'm not bitching about any one person in particular that the Browns didn't get. I do, however, remain in the Bitchhood regarding the fact that Heckert picked up - what? - about 4 new guys via Free Agency and trades?

I know that some of these Undrafted Free Agents that everyone seems to have fallen in love with will stick and help the team. But it's not like the only reason they were undrafted is that everyone else is stupid. They're hit or miss guys - and those types miss a lot more than they hit.

If you want to seriously compete, you don't fill your roster with those guys and just pray.

I'm not even looking for the home run. I'm looking for the 5 or 6 year vets that will back up current starters and create depth. You know, so that when a couple starters go down, you're not relying on undrafted rookies to carry your team.

Heckert's approach so far seems to me about developing as much young talent as possible because we don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning this year. Maybe this is an incredibly wise approach that will pan out for us 2 or 3 years from now. But I also don't think it would've been that hard or that painful to sign maybe 4 or 5 other guys on the relatively inexpensive to help round out this team and maybe try to compete NOW. Just for shits and giggles, ya know.

Cuz I KNOW that the plan isn't to Suck For Luck. Even if they tried that plan, they'd have a hard time beating out the Bengals.

I wasn't referring to your stuff Chris. More so others whose quest for negativity sends them high and low to search for subject matter. And if they can't find it they make it up.

Just a general comment. You're stuff is grounded in reality IMO.

And I'm not even saying this team wins more than 5 or 6 games. I don't think they do. I just think they've got a a plan and they're executing it and building with the players that will take them where they want to be.

I said I disagree with not getting any playmakers for the derfense. I don't understand that. It could just be they truly believe they already have them or they'll figure out specifically which ones they need and target them next season. Also agree that Suck for Luck insn't viable.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:58 am

mattvan1 wrote:Once the SoulDawg "Hyperbole Cancellation Filter" is applied it all makes sense.

Describing a guy who didn't catch a pass last year as "one of our top weapons" is just a bit over the top.

Just a bit.

SD:

Masso and Mitchell are designated as weapons , because they have the physical size and speed to stretch the field .

Certainly its subjective as to how good or bad or sharp these tools in the shed can be.

But my point was we didn't suck in the receiving department while two guys designated to help in the passing game didn't even suit up .

Course if you can't get a grip around that perspective its understandable as those addicted to the Mangy process are dooomed to the light of hope, damn near like vampires a scairt of the morning sun :)

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:05 am

SD:

Masso and Mitchell are designated as weapons , because they have the physical size and speed to stretch the field .

Certainly its subjective as to how good or bad or sharp these tools in the shed can be.

But my point was we didn't suck in the receiving department while two guys designated to help in the passing game didn't even suit up .

Course if you can't get a grip around that perspective its understandable as those addicted to the Mangy process are dooomed to the light of hope, damn near like vampires a scairt of the morning sun :)

SoulDawg

Gulp, both of our "weapons" could be starting the season on the PUP. Gives you a starting rotation of Biskie, Cribbs, and Little. :thud:
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby hiko » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:22 am

peeker643 wrote:I wasn't referring to your stuff Chris. More so others whose quest for negativity sends them high and low to search for subject matter. And if they can't find it they make it up.

Just a general comment. You're stuff is grounded in reality IMO.

And I'm not even saying this team wins more than 5 or 6 games. I don't think they do. I just think they've got a a plan and they're executing it and building with the players that will take them where they want to be.

I said I disagree with not getting any playmakers for the derfense. I don't understand that. It could just be they truly believe they already have them or they'll figure out specifically which ones they need and target them next season. Also agree that Suck for Luck insn't viable.

Ah, those guys. Yeah, they annoy me too.
hiko

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:34 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:Once the SoulDawg "Hyperbole Cancellation Filter" is applied it all makes sense.

Just a bit.

SD:

SoulDawg

Nice recovery. But just because you fell on your own fumble does not mean that you are not a fumbler. ;-) ;) :wink:

BTW, I am pretty sure that I was firmly in the "fire Mangini" camp at the end of last year.

I would recommend a moratorium on discussing the previous regime – I’ll get all I want of Mangini on ESPN. No need to drag his carcass through the mud here.
mattvan1

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 am

mattvan1 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

Just a bit.

SD:

SoulDawg

Nice recovery. But just because you fell on your own fumble does not mean that you are not a fumbler. ;-) ;) :wink:

BTW, I am pretty sure that I was firmly in the "fire Mangini" camp at the end of last year.

I would recommend a moratorium on discussing the previous regime – I’ll get all I want of Mangini on ESPN. No need to drag his carcass through the mud here.

SD:

Called Bullshit on the spot when Homie declared mangy desereved another year , and called him big pimpin taking Lerners $50 million while allowing Mangy to take all the bullets for the rebuild.

They are far better off with new coaches , after stocking the team with 43 talent last year while still under the guise of supporting the doomed from the start 34 puppet regime of the little goofy monster QB talent guru........not.

I like that they are willing to take their lumps now when everything and everybody is all catching on to each other .

These kids today are tomorrows grizzled vets.

My only real Bitch is that Homlgren wasted a year choosing to sacrifice Mangies head to get his head start and make his splash , and that Heckert is a fuckin fool when it comes to spotting and appreciating linebacker talent.

Yeah I like Jordan Cameron , but the play of the second day draft was Casey Mathews now calling plays as a rookie starter in the heart of a perennial playoff contender at Philly.

He's got some making up to do , for me to cut him some slack on that one.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby hiko » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:42 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:Yeah I like Jordan Cameron , but the play of the second day draft was Casey Mathews now calling plays as a rookie starter in the heart of a perennial playoff contender at Philly.

SoulDawg

Personally, I'm gonna wait until after some games have been played to stress about that one. Right now, Casey Matthews is nothing more than last year's Taylor Mays.
hiko

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Jesus again with this "what could have been" bullshit?

It makes the forum all but unreadable.

Who gives a shit, focus on the here and now.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:00 pm

hiko wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Yeah I like Jordan Cameron , but the play of the second day draft was Casey Mathews now calling plays as a rookie starter in the heart of a perennial playoff contender at Philly.

SoulDawg

Personally, I'm gonna wait until after some games have been played to stress about that one. Right now, Casey Matthews is nothing more than last year's Taylor Mays.

SD:

Casey Mathews is the starting MLB for the Iggles, he was a fourth round investment and would have represented a legacy hit , considering we stood pat with Gocong of the lost , oft injuried Nyquil and Fujita fresh of season ending IR the point uu make on Mays is irrelevant , because , we still picked a safety , we didn't pick a linebacker in a position of need.

Mays was second round goods whose stories about steroids panned out to be true, while Mathews made game changing plays in the Oregon Auburn game producing a timely turnover which may have won the game same as his brothers herculean effort on a cracked shin led the Pack over the inbred.

That whole damn family plays ball including Bruce Mathews their uncle who was an All Pro lineman for damn near 20 years.

For him to be starting on a team littered with pro bowl talent further highlights a flat out miss on the part of Heckert.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby hiko » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:13 pm

None of that changes the fact that I will wait for Casey Matthews to prove himself before bemoaning our passing on him.
hiko

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 pm

hiko wrote:None of that changes the fact that I will wait for Casey Matthews to prove himself before bemoaning our passing on him.

SD:

The man is no token , he's their starting MLB on a team miles ahead of ours, so what's he have to do moon walk for you .
SoulDawg74

Unread postby hiko » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:34 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
hiko wrote:None of that changes the fact that I will wait for Casey Matthews to prove himself before bemoaning our passing on him.

SD:

The man is no token , he's their starting MLB on a team miles ahead of ours, so what's he have to do moon walk for you .

He has to play a down in a real NFL game.
hiko

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:28 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
hiko wrote:

SoulDawg

SD:

Casey Mathews is the starting MLB for the Iggles, he was a fourth round investment and would have represented a legacy hit , considering we stood pat with Gocong of the lost , oft injuried Nyquil and Fujita fresh of season ending IR the point uu make on Mays is irrelevant , because , we still picked a safety , we didn't pick a linebacker in a position of need.

Mays was second round goods whose stories about steroids panned out to be true, while Mathews made game changing plays in the Oregon Auburn game producing a timely turnover which may have won the game same as his brothers herculean effort on a cracked shin led the Pack over the inbred.

That whole damn family plays ball including Bruce Mathews their uncle who was an All Pro lineman for damn near 20 years.

For him to be starting on a team littered with pro bowl talent further highlights a flat out miss on the part of Heckert.
SoulDawg

Steriods? LOL. Steriods have nothing to do with why Mays isnt a good NFL player. Lets try and remember that Clay Mathews was a 170lb walk on when he got to SC, and he left a 245lb 1st Round NFL Pick. The thing with you is not (just) that you are wrong so much, its that you come back more cock-sure than ever every goddamn time, its both annoying and highly entertaining depending on the day.

A little wait and see once in while would serve you well.
Last edited by JCoz on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 am

And BTW, these are the Dream Teams LBers:

51 Jamar Chaney LB 24 6-0 242 2 Mississippi State
57 Keenan Clayton LB 24 6-1 229 2 Oklahoma
53 Moise Fokou LB 25 6-1 236 3 Maryland
49 Rashad Jeanty LB 28 6-2 243 5 Central Florida
56 Akeem Jordan LB 25 6-1 230 5 James Madison
96 Greg Lloyd LB 22 6-1 247 R Connecticut
50 Casey Matthews LB 22 6-1 231 R Oregon
48 Brandon Peguese LB 23 6-1 230 R Hampton
59 Brian Rolle LB 22 5-10 227 R Ohio State

That took all of 5 seconds to follow up instead of assuming that Probowl Corners, WR's and QB say more about Casey Mathews starting than a below average Linebacking Core does.
JCoz

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 am

JCoz wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
hiko wrote:

SoulDawg

SD:

SoulDawg

Steriods? LOL. Steriods have nothing to do with why Mays isnt a good NFL player. Lets try and remember that Clay Mathews was a 170lb walk on when he got to SC, and he left a 245lb 1st Round NFL Pick. The thing with you is not (just) that you are wrong so much, its that you come back more cock-sure than ever every goddamn time, its both annoying and highly entertaining depending on the day.

A little wait and see once in while would serve you well.

SD:

Yeah the dirty little secret when Cushing Mauluga Mathews and Mays came up in that draft was accusations of steroids .

Mathews gaining 75 lbs in five years was an after thought to the Adonis builds of Cushing and Mays who were real targets .

But just like the inbred doctors who have it down to a science growing guys in test tubes since 74 which led to four World Championships in a decade , who can check on kids that have access to free flowing exotic junk right across the border when there is no real incentive to test or expose your program .

Hell a kid can grow to those proportions just being exposed to College fresh air edumacation and our healthy diet and weight training .

Yeah buddy .

Nope Mays was the Courtney Brown of the draft , looked like Tarzan played like Jane , and I acknowledged to each and every one of you ignorant cocksuckers not that any one tries to remember that Heckert was right on Ward in by passing Mays .

Said it in real time after seeing Ward was for real in preseason , without waiting for the real game as Hiko wants to wait on Mathews to give him props .

But I also had company , as no less than Rod Woodson was also fooled by Mays having declared him a budding star in camp from his own personal observations , and I wasn't the GM who spent a second on the kid.

On Mathews the kid is a player said you have to look past his measurable and ID his ability and value to just make plays .

I stand by that so sue me.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 am

Taylor Mays was a top recruit coming out of highschool as well, again, Him not being a good NFL football player has DICK to do with Steriods, that just ridicuous. SC was bringing in Talent by the truckload, if all he ever did was look ripped he wouldn't have started there.

Its just that his game wasn't going to make it in the NFL. Some saw that, some didn't.

And you can stand by Mathews all you want, but come with a little more than the implication that Phily is stacked at LBer and his ascention amongst the leagues best there is proof positive of his arrival here in preseason week 1.

Especially when the facts are that Philiys Lbers are about as good as ours, and him starting MIGHT not be much more than being the smartest kid with down syndrome.

Or it might not. But jumping to 100 conclusions and being right on a couple isnt neccessarily the best approach nor does it allow for the kind of epic "I told you so" that you'd probably like to slap the board with after the Mays rehash.
JCoz

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Who's to say Jordan Cameron will not be a solid pro?

Hell, from the plays that were run on Saturday it was very clear that the Browns will be running a two Tightend set that Holmgren seemed to love running in Green Bay.

They've got possibly one of the more solid Tightend groups in the AFC North, if not the best.

I see what the guys doing and I definitely trust in what Heckert is doing. His Track record as a gm and a person of talent evaluation is by far better than SD's by the amounts of miles from the Earth to Neptune.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Triple-S wrote:Who's to say Jordan Cameron will not be a solid pro?

Hell, from the plays that were run on Saturday it was very clear that the Browns will be running a two Tightend set that Holmgren seemed to love running in Green Bay.

They've got possibly one of the more solid Tightend groups in the AFC North, if not the best.

I see what the guys doing and I definitely trust in what Heckert is doing. His Track record as a gm and a person of talent evaluation is by far better than SD's by the amounts of miles from the Earth to Neptune.

SD:

Titus Brown is taking the sting out of totally neglecting the linebacker position in the draft .

have no problem with Cameron or Marecic , both will contribute , but we had tight ends at the time and Vickers , and
after passing on Clay Mathews jr. to see him go mega superstar just invited bad Karma not to go with the legacy choice in Mathews at the time , IMO.

Thats just a personal pet peeve , because you can only pick one in that spot , But Mathews is the winning type player this team desperately needs , and all that crap about Nyquil Gocong and Fujita being one of the best units in football is just junk .

We couldn't fix everything in that one draft , but Heckert has too often chosen to run on bald tires when it comes to backers .

Mathews was somebody who could have anchored here for a decade making plays ,on a team who needs playmakers is all.

Won't effect the price of gas at the pump , nor make anybody else understand what they don't want to be objective about ., just expressed my thoughts on the subject , and I'm not looking for accord.

Your defense is defined by the men who police behind the D line, and a great 4-3 needs a stud MLB.

Millen Lambert Lanier Nitscke Butkus Lewis ...........etc etc etc

I want him next year , with our #1 if Colt is good enough to play us out of the Luck Barkley sweepstakes.

I want a great defense in Cleveland in my lifetime

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby hiko » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Casey Matthews benched after 3 games.

Like I said, wait until they deserve accolades before giving them.
hiko

Unread postby General » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:16 pm

I didn't want to start a new thread for this. Was it just me or was last sunday (Bye Week) more enjoyable without having to endure an excruciating Browns game. I truly enjoy watching football that does not involve the Cleveland Browns. Had to get that off my chest. Thanks.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby hiko » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:22 pm

General wrote:I didn't want to start a new thread for this. Was it just me or was last sunday (Bye Week) more enjoyable without having to endure an excruciating Browns game. I truly enjoy watching football that does not involve the Cleveland Browns. Had to get that off my chest. Thanks.

Yeah, but try enduring local sports talk radio when there's nothing to discuss except Peyton Hillis' contract and how fast Marcus Benard was going. :gah:
hiko

Unread postby General » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:27 pm

hiko wrote:
General wrote:I didn't want to start a new thread for this. Was it just me or was last sunday (Bye Week) more enjoyable without having to endure an excruciating Browns game. I truly enjoy watching football that does not involve the Cleveland Browns. Had to get that off my chest. Thanks.

Yeah, but try enduring local sports talk radio when there's nothing to discuss except Peyton Hillis' contract and how fast Marcus Benard was going. :gah:

I truly am thankful for being so far away as it must be maddening. Sometimes even the repetitive stuff on the boards gets exasperating.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL