Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:04 am

This about Shurmurs debut ......sorta

Because the game doesn't count , but it was worth recounting.


We'll take our lumps , but I like the direction the team has taken.

We looked organized and competitive and the players and coaches were intense for an otherwise meaningless game .

Good preseason win , for a team installing new packages on both sides of the ball with all new coaches.

Yes pat benefitted from the good ole boy WCO tree as Green Bay pulled back the reins in a scoring situation foregoing a field goal to work on their redzone package , but it also gave the Browns a chance to respond with jauron's defense and turn them away in a goal line stand.

Both teams got in some decent work with no catastrophic injuries while the Browns to their credit played wave after wave of fresh meat and for the most part smoothly transitioned in the young players without it looking like a Chinese fire drill.

Colt was money in his start and executed the offense like he was teethed on it ,albeit vs a Vanilla defense just to keep it in perspective .

Little showed where he can be a staud if he continues to work and keeps his head in the game , made some decent catches and had no problem blocking down field , actaully pancaking a defender on a Seneca rollout .

Watson is just a monster weapon for Colt , while Josh Cribbs may have turned the corner as a value at the receiver spot , pushing off for a TD was a true veteran receiver move sly subtle and effective.

Defensively we have a meat market , young fire pissers eager to make the team lining up and bringing intensity .

This would have never happenned in Mangies 34 , which requires too much reading and reaction and expereince to coordinate response., Jauron knows he has kids and his scheme turns them loose and allows the display of their athleticism ,as evidenced by a half dozen QB sacks "sacks as in plural "plus hurries and pressure on Green bay QB's thruought the night .

Titus Brown was nothing in the 34 at linebacker but had a rebirth last night in the 43 making plays all night , not including that swoop and scoot TD we normally see run against us by other teams linebackers.

Skrine is willing but he's small and light and has to hit and hold and trip to get guys to the ground , but the little bastard is just as cocky as eyesore , so you'll have to decide if thats good or bad :0

Our front four needs work , but finding the QB in the first game exhibition or not is note worthy .

Gocong , you were not missed.


SoulDawg
Last edited by SoulDawg74 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:35 am

Nice start by the Browns.

But let's not forget they beat GB 27-24 in the preseason opener last season.
GodHatesClevelandSport
 
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am
Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:03 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Nice start by the Browns.

But let's not forget they beat GB 27-24 in the preseason opener last season.


SD:

lets also not forget the Lions went undefeated in the preseason before promptly reeling from 16 straight losses and setting a new record for futility when the bullets counted for real.

For a team wearing name tags to introduce themselves to one another as well as their new coaching staff while injesting new schemes on both sides of the ball .

They were more organized business like and prepared than anything we've fielded late in the season with veteran teams since the return , by comparison.

Looks like the combo pf Jauron and Shurmur maybe the best match yet , while we finally are playing an offense taylormade to our starter .

Its a novel feeling after so long to even think we might have hired somebody who might know what they are doing.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Oh my fucking god, who gives a shit?

We already have one game thread, but start a new one so you can have another fag fight with e0y. That's some really captivating shit.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:14 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Oh my fucking god, who gives a shit?

We already have one game thread, but start a new one so you can have another fag fight with e0y. That's some really captivating shit.


SD:

There are game threads and after game threads and room for both .

If you weren't on the rag you'd just participate in the one you liked instead of trying to out cunt the resident bitch .

So Fuck off asshole if thats the type of response you want instead of just talking football.

You added nothing to this thread and just wasted everybodies time with your ignorance.

The irony Peeks pointed out in another post , people would rather talk about a guy whose gone , than get excited about a really good Browns performance .

The response of people who can't think for themselves or author original thoughts.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:59 am

:lmfao: "wasting everybodies time with your ignorance". Holy shit...... the irony.

You obviously need attention, and you figured name dropping e0y in the thread title is your meal ticket for it, so have at it, Hoss. You can have your stupid thread back, I promise.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:55 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote::lmfao: "wasting everybodies time with your ignorance". Holy shit...... the irony.

You obviously need attention, and you figured name dropping e0y in the thread title is your meal ticket for it, so have at it, Hoss. You can have your stupid thread back, I promise.


SD:

Actually good vigorous discussion is what threading is about .

Unfortunately too many in this forum respond in puburescent one liners cracking themselves up .

Soon as you don't agree, their little Vaginas get bruised and they send emails to Peek and PUP and JB like little bitches at a tea party.

The forum is only as good or bad as you make it .

Actual football takes on a football forum should be welcome , without the girls committee getting in a snit because somebody didn't comment on their new design of their panties before responding.

The next time you author an original point will be your first.

Talk football or fuck off.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:08 pm

[quote="SoulDawg74
Talk football or fuck off.
SoulDawg[/quote]

Permission to quote you, sir?
User avatar
Love child of shawn kemp
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:37 am
Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 pm

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:[quote="SoulDawg74
Talk football or fuck off.
SoulDawg


Permission to quote you, sir?[/quote]

SD:

Help yourself

No need to sir me , I always worked for my living .

Would like to know if anybody has an updated injury report on Mitchell or Masso ,


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:31 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:This about Shurmurs debut ......sorta

Because the game doesn't count , but it was worth recounting.


We'll take our lumps , but I like the direction the team has taken.

We looked organized and competitive and the players and coaches were intense for an otherwise meaningless game .

Good preseason win , for a team installing new packages on both sides of the ball with all new coaches.

Yes pat benefitted from the good ole boy WCO tree as Green Bay pulled back the reins in a scoring situation foregoing a field goal to work on their redzone package , but it also gave the Browns a chance to respond with jauron's defense and turn them away in a goal line stand.

Both teams got in some decent work with no catastrophic injuries while the Browns to their credit played wave after wave of fresh meat and for the most part smoothly transitioned in the young players without it looking like a Chinese fire drill.

Colt was money in his start and executed the offense like he was teethed on it ,albeit vs a Vanilla defense just to keep it in perspective .

Little showed where he can be a staud if he continues to work and keeps his head in the game , made some decent catches and had no problem blocking down field , actaully pancaking a defender on a Seneca rollout .

Watson is just a monster weapon for Colt , while Josh Cribbs may have turned the corner as a value at the receiver spot , pushing off for a TD was a true veteran receiver move sly subtle and effective.

Defensively we have a meat market , young fire pissers eager to make the team lining up and bringing intensity .

This would have never happenned in Mangies 34 , which requires too much reading and reaction and expereince to coordinate response., Jauron knows he has kids and his scheme turns them loose and allows the display of their athleticism ,as evidenced by a half dozen QB sacks "sacks as in plural "plus hurries and pressure on Green bay QB's thruought the night .

Titus Brown was nothing in the 34 at linebacker but had a rebirth last night in the 43 making plays all night , not including that swoop and scoot TD we normally see run against us by other teams linebackers.

Skrine is willing but he's small and light and has to hit and hold and trip to get guys to the ground , but the little bastard is just as cocky as eyesore , so you'll have to decide if thats good or bad :0

Our front four needs work , but finding the QB in the first game exhibition or not is note worthy .

Gocong , you were not missed.


SoulDawg


I thought this is worth a bump, From 14 AUG 2011 the day after we beat Green Bay 27-17 at CBS in the first pre-season game.

Its funny how all I have to do is replace the names, and I could use SoulDawgs recap for last nights game.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
User avatar
Govbarney
 
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Well played, sir.

If they play all three Fake Season games that well (disregard the last one), then I think there's more room for genuine optimism, if you choose to open yourself to that kind of torment. But one Fake Season game... Even Colt McCoys can look good.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4326
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby pup » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:39 pm

:fu:

Can't even let me be fake happy about a fake game for 1 real day.

:fu:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Fag fight is the phrase of the year.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:46 pm

pup wrote::fu:

Can't even let me be fake happy about a fake game for 1 real day.

:fu:


SD loves you man....
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: Football post, eyesore will hate and slobber and cry

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:47 pm

FUDU wrote:Fag fight is the phrase of the year.


...and a fag orgy = a Fagetti
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests