Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Family Day!

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Family Day!

Unread postby mistero » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:44 am

OK, was I the only goofball there? Must be new rules or philosophy, the scrimmage was a practice. No more real game, Brown versus White. They ran the same type of drills as training camp...except the view could not be hidden by hiding in the corner of the practice fields.

I don't have much new info...but here's my blurbs.

Little droppped a routine catch for a TD then followed that up with an insane body twisting catch for a TD. Braylon like.

Francies looked good...but dropped a picked 6 after McCoy threw a pass behind Cribbs which he proceded to bobble and pop into the air.

McCoy is in love with the check down.

The TE drag with WR's going to the end line is our favorite redzone play.
Both QB's totally staring down the TE's.

Hillis dropped a few swing passes.

Hillis and Jackson double RB backfield looks very interesting.

Haden was really playing up to the crowds. He seems like a great guy. He didn't play. Neither did Hardesty.

Octavian the linebacker is totally a DE. The guy is huge. No one else sees that on the coaching staff?

That's it...my kids were being bad.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Re: Family Day!

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:59 am

mistero wrote:That's it...my kids were being bad.

Bear crawls or gassers. That'll teach 'em.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby mistero » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:17 am

My 6 year old wanted to talked to every homeless panhandler on the walk over. My 12 year old sat next to me and instead of talking, texted me his thoughts.

Total failure as a parent.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:51 am

mistero wrote:My 6 year old wanted to talked to every homeless panhandler on the walk over. My 12 year old sat next to me and instead of talking, texted me his thoughts.

Total failure as a parent.

That honestly made me laugh out loud.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby danwismar » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Good to hear about Francies. If that guy can develop into a legit NFL corner, we are so much deeper at that spot...Brown, Patterson, Skrine?...to go with Haden. I have always felt Francies had the skills (if not the ideal 4.4 speed) to play the position well.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby jta1975 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:51 am

danwismar wrote:Good to hear about Francies. If that guy can develop into a legit NFL corner, we are so much deeper at that spot...Brown, Patterson, Skrine?...to go with Haden. I have always felt Francies had the skills (if not the ideal 4.4 speed) to play the position well.

You are right about his skills. His issues have always been upstairs.Maturity has been his enemy until this point....I hope he has turned the mental corner. The kid can play.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:07 am

Little droppped a routine catch for a TD then followed that up with an insane body twisting catch for a TD. Braylon like.

This follows many reports from TC. The kid needs to start hanging on to the routine passes. His role (and value) is in catching a 7 yard crossing route and creating YAC, not in making the circus catch.

More good news. But I would be interested in hearing whether this was his doing (ie: unwilling to let the play develop) or taking what the D gave him (ie: our shitty WRs can't get open).
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby jta1975 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:48 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:

This follows many reports from TC. The kid needs to start hanging on to the routine passes. His role (and value) is in catching a 7 yard crossing route and creating YAC, not in making the circus catch.

More good news. But I would be interested in hearing whether this was his doing (ie: unwilling to let the play develop) or taking what the D gave him (ie: our shitty WRs can't get open).

Great point about wanting to know why the dump off. People have to understand that the short pass (RB,FB,TE) is a huge part of the original WCO.

For example in studying the Bill Walsh 49ers, they averaged about 300-350 receptions a year and it really is divided up with each group getting 1/3 of the action RBs(FBs),TEs,Wrs.

In 1984 when they went 15-1 Roger Craig was the leading pass catcher with over 90 receptions. Big chunks will be more about the YAC and blown coverage than long passes.

More short passes instead of a few long ones also works T.O.P and fatigue on the defense.

The key is not using the same check down over and over again and first and foremost going through the progressions on every play.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL