Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Camp tidbits from the ABJ

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Camp tidbits from the ABJ

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 pm

Anybody ever heard of Demetrius Williams ?,,,,,,,,you will

http://browns.ohio.com/

Practice highlights and lowlights: Wide receiver Demetrius Williams has continued to make play after play during training camp. He had several catches this morning. … Offensive lineman Branndon Braxton had a strong showing in one-on-one blocking drills. He stood his ground every time. … Quarterback Colt McCoy was intercepted by linebacker D'Qwell Jackson and rookie cornerback Buster Skrine during an 11-on-11 session. … Defensive back DeAngelo Smith picked off a pass from quarterbackJarrett Brown in a seven-on-seven session. … Wide receiver Brian Robiskie made two impressive catches while sliding to the ground. … With Sheard sitting out, Auston English and Jabari Fletcher took reps at right defensive end with the first-team defense. … Cornerback Joe Haden broke up a pass from McCoy that was intended for Robiskie.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Acts like he wants a job

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Re: Camp tidbits from the ABJ

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:09 pm

It's kind of funny, but I have...I watched him play quite a bit in college, he was a stud at Oregon and I remember really wanting the Browns to draft him and being PISSED that the Ravens got him.

That said I'm not sure what I can expect at this point, I mean that would be one hell of a late bloomer, not sure I can even come up with a comparable example for someone who became successful after that much time, off the top of my head.

Anyways, he has talent, no question.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Check out some youtube on him they might have some really good footage from the 05 season...
JCoz

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:51 pm

JCoz wrote:It's kind of funny, but I have...I watched him play quite a bit in college, he was a stud at Oregon and I remember really wanting the Browns to draft him and being PISSED that the Ravens got him.

That said I'm not sure what I can expect at this point, I mean that would be one hell of a late bloomer, not sure I can even come up with a comparable example for someone who became successful after that much time, off the top of my head.

Anyways, he has talent, no question.

SD:

Well now that makes sense , he's really a seasoned vet journeyman and not a udfa from nowhere.

Takes a couple years for wideouts to find their sea legs normally , add an injury here or there , a blown chance at the most inopportune time or the team having a Mason in front of you and walla your humping catches with a bunch of other would be hopefuls on a division rival trying to make a team .

I like it .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:17 pm

Well him, little and Norwood actually give me a little hope for WR on this team.
JCoz

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:48 pm

JCoz wrote:Well him, little and Norwood actually give me a little hope for WR on this team.

SD:

Some follow up stats seem to indicate this kid is primed on the edge to have a break out .

Steady improvement from doing absolutely zilch his rookie year .

I too will cross my fingers on your sentiments about all our receivers.

http://www.nfl.com/player/demetriuswill ... 80/profile

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Hate to break this one to you but you've got it reversed. Still rooting for him though.
JCoz

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:10 pm

JCoz wrote:Hate to break this one to you but you've got it reversed. Still rooting for him though.

SD:

Good catch , mea culpa ,

ewwweee are those numbers ugly , gonna need some injury history or sumthin to add some context ,
did they IR him or something after signing Boldin ..

In any event whatever demons he had there , lets hope he's exorcised them.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL