Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Get them signed....

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Get them signed....

Unread postby happybluebird » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:08 pm

Now we need to get these guys signed and get the whole team thinking of one thing:

BEATING PITTSBURGH in that first game!

We won the toss, we won the draft, now we need to win the game that means the most!

So how do you think Pukesburgh is going to do this year? I am really tired of the ass whopping they've been handing us the past few years, it is way past time we start paying them back.

Someone had mentioned putting my avatar on youtube. I redid the animation in a different format so I could upload it there. Here is the link if you want to pass it on to other Browns fans (or Squealers fans!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=excHaNwlcUQ
happybluebird

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:38 pm

It does seem like the Browns are getting lucky breaks that they haven't gotten in recent memory.

Winning the toss.

Quinn dropping and Big D willing to trade.

Wright available and Big D willing to trade.

I think this team could actually be decent or good next season. I'm a believer that Quinn is ready. I think the OL looks good. I hope Lewis is healthy. I think the problem in the secondary may be solved with Wright. The greatest concern on D is still stopping the run, but I think we can get better at it if the offense actually holds onto the ball and doesn't force the D to play as many snaps.

0-6 in the division this year is unacceptable. I think anything worse than 3-3 this year is unacceptable. I believe all teams in the AFC North are vulnerable.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Kuiper » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:45 pm

Signing Brady may not be an easy task. As a QB, he's going to demand higher pay than his slot anyway. In this case, though, Condon knows where he was rated by the Browns and which pick they started calling up to get him. He's not going to accept 22 money.
Kuiper

Unread postby pup » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:26 pm

Signing Brady may not be an easy task. As a QB, he's going to demand higher pay than his slot anyway. In this case, though, Condon knows where he was rated by the Browns and which pick they started calling up to get him. He's not going to accept 22 money.

He will get #22 ,money, in terms of bonus and guarantess. Where he will differ is the "incentives" (as if falling to 22 isn't incentive enough).

You know, like cross old lady across the street, add $250,000.
Show up to practice, add $500,000.
Denounce any allegience to ND, add $1,000,000.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:36 pm

Kuiper wrote:Signing Brady may not be an easy task. As a QB, he's going to demand higher pay than his slot anyway. In this case, though, Condon knows where he was rated by the Browns and which pick they started calling up to get him. He's not going to accept 22 money.

I'm with you Kuiper. I think despite his comments it is going to be a beyatch to sign Brady. The good news is by trading mid round picks we recouped some rookie cap pool $ .
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Dozen » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:47 pm

Well, he has a legitimate chance to be the starter IF he gets his ass in on time. I'm thinking with Savage going public when he started to try and trade up(10) will be the starting point for his agent. This IMO will hurt his chances of being #1 when camp breaks. Crennel seems to punish those who hold out. Edwards didnt start til mid-season and Wilson wasnt allowed to even wear a jock-strap til the last 2 games last year.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

The more i think about this...

Unread postby jb » Tue May 01, 2007 9:21 am

The more i think about this, the more I want DA or even Frye starting the season and not BQ. We are going to have a mostly new OL at 3 positions, maybe 4. They need to gel. Then there's how the schedule starts out. I do nopt want him facing Pbgh in his 1st NFL snap. The rest of the schedule is also beatie until the bye week. If he wins the job, I say bring him in after the bye. If he doesn't win it, sit him his entire rookie season.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby JoelHammond » Tue May 01, 2007 10:24 am

JoelHammond

Favorite Player: Aaron Rodgers
Least Favorite Player: Brett Favre

Unread postby General » Tue May 01, 2007 10:57 am

How about a bonus for NOT buying a motorcycle.
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Re: The more i think about this...

Unread postby Wolfy » Tue May 01, 2007 11:26 am

JB wrote:The more i think about this, the more I want DA or even Frye starting the season and not BQ. We are going to have a mostly new OL at 3 positions, maybe 4. They need to gel. Then there's how the schedule starts out. I do nopt want him facing Pbgh in his 1st NFL snap. The rest of the schedule is also beatie until the bye week. If he wins the job, I say bring him in after the bye. If he doesn't win it, sit him his entire rookie season.

I agree 100%! Do not let him start against shitsburgh at all cost. Let him sit and "learn" for the first half (max) just like Lienert, Young, Cutler, hell even Palmer had to sit (the entire first year). Please, dont throw this guy to the wolves first game of his NFL life. He needs to watch the speed of the game before he sees Pukesburgh.
Wolfy

Unread postby happybluebird » Tue May 01, 2007 12:07 pm

I agree about not throwing Quinn to the wolves. It is GREAT that he is gonna be in camp - talk about a great incentive for Frye and DA to play their absolute best. And you know....I really do like Charlie. He may not be loaded with talent or be a franchise quarterback, but he brings a lot of hometown heart and gives it everything he's got. His decision making is what leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe with one more year under his belt, and a line that is improved he can be better. Who knows? We will have to wait and see on all three of them. I would think that Dorsey is out now.

Give Quinn time to learn....give the Oline time to prove that they can protect the new franchise QB

I know you guys have all seen that picture of cute 4yr old Brady in his Kosar uniform. I'd like to see some pictures of him when he was older of him being a "Browns fan". I let my dh dress my boy in bungles stuff when he was 4 (I let him have the baby years! LOL) But when the boy was old enough to have a mind of his own he became a Browns fan, just like mom. :mrgreen: I know Brady said that his Grandpa was a die hard fan and bought him that outfit......that doesn't show me that Brady was really a fan growing up. Not that it matters.

Another point. I thought it was really cool of Savage to let Condon/Quinn know that they weren't picking him third beforehand. (Gosh I wish he would have clued us in! Did you see where savage said he tried to clue us in with "Joe Thomas would be the wise pick for us." That was our clue!) That showed some class on his part.
happybluebird

Unread postby Wolfy » Tue May 01, 2007 1:51 pm

With that Avatar and the state I am in with the Brownies...You could say just about anything you wanted and I would agree with you. Your $ Bro!
Wolfy

Unread postby pup » Tue May 01, 2007 4:30 pm

Your $ Bro!

Or sis :oops:

Just busting balls with ya Wolfy.

Another point. I thought it was really cool of Savage to let Condon/Quinn know that they weren't picking him third beforehand. (Gosh I wish he would have clued us in! Did you see where savage said he tried to clue us in with "Joe Thomas would be the wise pick for us." That was our clue!) That showed some class on his part.

Not to put a negative spin on what the Browns have done thus far, but I have been thinking about this a lot. What are the chances there was another motive here, like, let's hope the Raiders enjoy the low ball offer Quinn is willing to take and draft him. That would do what? Oh yeah, leave JeMarcus on th board for Phil to come in and save. Might not have been the reason...but you never know. Think he called JeMarcus and offered the same "input"?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Wolfy » Tue May 01, 2007 4:34 pm

I guess I should not ASSume! :oops:
Wolfy

Unread postby happybluebird » Tue May 01, 2007 7:10 pm

I thought you would catch that "mom" part! Image

I am a woman. I absolutely love sports though, always have. I've been a Browns fan since I was a little kid (thanks to My Mom :mrgreen: ), and I'm closer to 40 now than any other number.

I hope you guys don't mind me joining in here.
happybluebird

Unread postby swerb » Tue May 01, 2007 7:15 pm

You're more than welcome bluebird.

You won me over with that avatar from day one ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Wolfy » Wed May 02, 2007 1:51 pm

Yeah, me too. I am sorry for the mistake and ASSumption. You make good points and I too love the Avatar...Go on wit your bad self!
Wolfy

Unread postby pup » Wed May 02, 2007 2:57 pm

Reasons Bluebird is welcome...

1. Great posts
2. Avatar
3. Emoticons

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby happybluebird » Wed May 02, 2007 3:53 pm

Gee, Thanks guys!

I have the smileys in a photobucket album and you guys are welcome to use them. They kinda make message boards more fun :mrgreen:

Just copy the img code in the box and post it in your message. It's easiest if you open a seperate window.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v131/ ... ?start=all
happybluebird

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL