Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns Sign 2 RB, BYU's C. Brown & Mia Fla's T. Moss

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Browns Sign 2 RB, BYU's C. Brown & Mia Fla's T. Moss

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:17 am

as undrafted free agents yet??

It will be interesting to see who Phil brings in to compete for special team and depth spots.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:30 am

http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=9262

Seven Ink Free-Agent Contracts
by Jeff Reynolds, BYU Athletic Communications

PROVO, Utah (April 29, 2007) -- Following the 2007 NFL Draft on Sunday, seven former BYU players signed free-agent contracts and will head off to team mini-camps this week. Free-agents will also participate in summer camps in August, looking to make their respective team's 53-man roster.

Las Vegas Bowl MVP Jonny Harline will be heading to catch passes from the NFL's premier quarterback, Peyton Manning in Indianapolis, while Dan Coats has singed a free-agent contract with Cincinnati. Receiver Zac Collie will be heading to Philadelphia as a free agent, while BYU's all-time leading rusher, Curtis Brown, is heading to the Cleveland Browns.

http://www.miamiherald.com/416/story/91107.html

The Hurricanes, which struggled to score points last season, did not place a single offensive player in the NFL on Sunday. The list of non-drafted Hurricanes included running back Tyrone Moss, a product of Pompano Beach Ely who entered college as one of the country's top prep recruits and was expected to be an extension of the team's running-back pipeline into the NFL.

Moss signed a free-agent contract with the Cleveland Browns following the draft.

''I'm a little bit disappointed I didn't get drafted,'' Moss said, ``but I'm very excited and I feel like I have something to prove.''

Moss' fall is similar to Florida quarterback Chris Leak, the most outstanding player of the BSC title game. Leak was not selected on Sunday and now must earn a place in the NFL as an undrafted free agent. He began his collegiate career with more hype than any prep player in the country but starts his pro career as an afterthought.

''I think [Leak] will play in the NFL for six to eight years,'' Florida head coach Urban Meyer said. ``I don't know if he'll start. I think he'll battle every year. But he's an accountable, classy guy that will show up every day and he throws a great ball.''
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:33 am

I like both guys, one will make the team for sure.

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:39 am

The PFW draft guide was not kind to either player.

It called Moss an underachiever and stated that Brown had inflated production due to playing in a psread offense.

Thanks for the names Swerb.
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:45 am

Moss has been an underachiever, but he's also played in a deteriorating system that wasn't as kind to running backs. Even at Miami, if the QB play stinks and the OL is shaky the RB will have problems. He also was recovering from a torn ACL last season. Certainly a good pick up after the draft because he does have high upside if he decides to work and if he stays healthy.

Browns' numbers might be inflated due to the pass-happy nature of BYU and the Mountain West, but he's good-sized and holds onto the ball. Guys like that can sometimes surprise, so he'll be worth watching.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue May 01, 2007 4:26 pm

Special teams players will always help. If I remember correctly, wasn't Jason Wright undrafted and signed by Atlanta? He had a few nice efforts for us.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL