Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Cleveland Browns Daily

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Cleveland Browns Daily

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:36 pm

CLEVELAND -- The Browns will "air" it out this season.

The team announced plans Wednesday for a one-hour radio show, "Cleveland Browns Daily," devoted to the NFL franchise, which has struggled in the 12 years since its expansion restart.

Hosted by newly hired Browns staffer and veteran pro football writer Vic Carucci, the show will air on WKNR-AM weekdays from 6-7 p.m. Carucci worked for NFL.com for 12 years before joining the Browns. The team said fans will receive comprehensive coverage and analysis of the Browns "both on and off the field."

The Browns plan to incorporate the show with its other media platforms. They said guests will include members of the team's front office, alumni and "various personalities from the football industry."

Browns president Mike Holmgren said the team was excited to bring its passionate fans "a year-round radio forum.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... _headlines
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Cleveland Browns Daily

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:42 pm

WKNR must be hurting if they'll allow a propaganda-filled team production to air on their station every night. They couldn't just put together their own show and call it Cleveland Browns Daily?
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:29 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:WKNR must be hurting if they'll allow a propaganda-filled team production to air on their station every night. They couldn't just put together their own show and call it Cleveland Browns Daily?

And have a personality on that station put in 10 minutes of work?

Impossible.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:11 am

Despite it being propaganda and Carrucci being the official shill for the regime..

This could be very successful and very good if done correctly.

You make it interactive with the fans, make it into a podcast and maybe even something to be aired on STO (doubtful, but it would be a great thing to pull off), you could be off and running.

May I also recommend that thinking outside of the Box and going with guys, such as Barry and Lane from OBR and Peeker and Hiko from here would also be a great idea as guests to have on the program in order to make it an interesting show.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:00 pm

They can't do much worse than dumbhammer and the Steelers fan. Shameful level of competence, of sports talk hosts here in Cleveland. Cleveland deserves better, than these bitches. Rizzo, I like, but I can't handle the moat of shit, he surrounds himself with. The night guys, I haven't heard, so I can't comment on them.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby hiko » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:43 pm

An hour less of WKNR programming cannot be a bad thing.

If there's an hour of radio where I KNOW they'll be talking Browns the whole time, you had me at hello.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL