Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

We are all united again...for now

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

We are all united again...for now

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:58 pm

You know, one thing that came out of draft weekend....is I think this fanbase is no longer polarized as it had been in recent years with the Couch/Holcomb debates.....pro/anti RAC or Savage.....what we should do with our pick.....what areas are most important on the team...etc.

Because right now, with the results of yesterday's draft this fanbase has been pretty much completely reconvened. For at least a little while, we are all on the same page, and we see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't think there was a soul I talked to at the end of the draft who was not giddy as shit with what transpired on day one. Whether you were a Joe Thomas pimp. A Quinn pimp. A Ruseel pimp. Or, an A Pete pimp......it didn't matter.

Had we just drafted Thomas, you would have had those pining for the QB going back and forth on the Thomas pick. And vice versa had Quinn/Russell been taken #3. The debates would have raged on. Really, the only thing to debate now is when Quinn starts and how we get that franchise back (do we extend Lewis if he proves healthy?). The only people who might be disappointed are those who were hoping for A Pete and a RB. As it looks, we are not getting that franchise back this year or next now.

But man, I felt like the Bud Light guy yesterday. "I love you man!" Just about everyone went home happy as they got the guy they wanted. When does that ever happen in Cleveland, if anywhere? I'm sure this could be yet another ploy by Lucy to sucker us into believing again, but I ain't lettin that hold me down. Maybe Phil knocked her the fuck out and he is holding the football now.....
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:27 pm

For the franchise back, now we try to sign Michael Turner in FA next year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he an UFA after this season?
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:31 pm

You know, one thing that came out of draft weekend....is I think this fanbase is no longer polarized as it had been in recent years with the Couch/Holcomb debates.....pro/anti RAC or Savage.....what we should do with our pick.....what areas are most important on the team...etc.

Couldn't agree more.

No reason to be anything but excited and have a reasonable amount of optimism for the up coming season.

It finally looks we might get to enjoy the cool, crisp other side of the pillow soon.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:43 pm

By the way, nice to finally meet you Donny.....look forward to the next time time man.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Dozen » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:29 pm

By the time the draft rolled around I wanted JR or JT with all the news that came out about Peterson's shoulder. Quinn was icing and at the end of the day a RB can have more of impact in his 1st year more than a QB usually does. So getting that guy now will hopefully get things rolling quicker. But lets face it, these guys need to be more like a Manning/Boselli rather than a Couch or Gallery or it doesnt really matter.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL