Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Buster Skrine or Busta Screen

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Buster Skrine or Busta Screen

Unread postby Soul_Thief_420 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:31 pm

sure...he's a little undersized but he's everywhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2jksB_vrsM
The opinions of worthless people...are equally worthless.
Soul_Thief_420

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Art Modell

Re: Buster Skrine or Busta Screen

Unread postby hiko » Sat May 07, 2011 11:18 am

Yeah, that Youtube clip is impressive. You can't teach 4.2 speed.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:58 am

The guy's a gnat.

I say that lovingly (until he's cut/traded/signs as free agent with Ravens and then he's just a fast dude that never really did much with that speed on the football field).

Jason made an observation that raised my eyebrows: dude wasn't even the punt returner for that 3rd rate college team he played on with that kind of speed? Isn't that a bit perplexing.

How bad are his ball catching skills?

Hey, Frank Minnifield couldn't catch a cold and he returned nothing during his time here either so I'm fine with fast, midget assassins in the defensive backfield. Knock balls down, blanket guys and throw your body into a running back when asked to do so and it's all good.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby hiko » Sat May 07, 2011 1:22 pm

peeker643 wrote:The guy's a gnat.

I say that lovingly (until he's cut/traded/signs as free agent with Ravens and then he's just a fast dude that never really did much with that speed on the football field).

Jason made an observation that raised my eyebrows: dude wasn't even the punt returner for that 3rd rate college team he played on with that kind of speed? Isn't that a bit perplexing.

Hey, Frank Minnifield couldn't catch a cold and he returned nothing during his time here either so I'm fine with fast, midget assassins in the defensive backfield. Knock balls down, blanket guys and throw your body into a running back when asked to do so and it's all good.

He was their Kick Returner, though.

But maybe that's why he's playing on Defense.

PS - I saw at least one impressive catch on that highlight reel.
hiko

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun May 08, 2011 1:22 pm

hiko wrote:
peeker643 wrote:The guy's a gnat.

He was their Kick Returner, though.

PS - I saw at least one impressive catch on that highlight reel.

SD:

Saw some impressive athleticism butt a very troubling habit of being
To lose with that ball which bares watching

But maybe that's why he's playing on Defense.

SoulDawg
Last edited by SoulDawg74 on Sun May 08, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jta1975 » Sun May 08, 2011 5:29 pm

I watched the clip too...I am not saying he is not a sick athlete...I am just saying two things.

First, if you read scouting reports on the guy, you will find at least two of them state he has ball security issues.

The second point is not an opinion it is fact. He has 80 career returns with no TDs and a 22.3 average...He has blazing speed but isn't very good with the football in his hands and he also has ball security issues....

I don't know maybe if you send him deep enough times it will pay off, but he has proven Desean Jackson he is not.

I would love to kill two birds with one stone because I do agree and understand that ridiculous speed is a gift that can't be taught..I would love for Buster to prove me wrong and I hope he does.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby hiko » Mon May 09, 2011 9:15 am

Yes, I will admit that even in that youtube small sample, he put the ball on the ground too much.

He wouldn't be a Day 1 Kick/Punt returner anyway - Mr. Cribbs is still in town, and even though he was less effective last season, the job's still his for 2011.
hiko

Unread postby jb » Tue May 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Lord please end this "labor" dispute and save us from discussing whether 6th round projects who may make the team to play backup nickle/slot coverage have the requisite ball carrying skills or not even as we have a pro bowl KR / PR . Maybe if he busts ass he can be as good as Coye Francis.

Only one of of five of our 6th rounders have even stuck the past two years, and I think he successfuly touched the ball precisely once last year. So scuse me if I yawn over Mr Rhymes of Hyman or whatever. Then again, Opie had more impactful 6th rounders than 1st rounders, so maybe I am too cynical. Explains alot.

I'll go away now.

PLease end the "labor" dispute (with the players caving in and epic failing miserably I might add)

Edit : Not crackin on the sf for strating the thread or anyone for posting. Jus sayin we should be talking OTAs stead a this crap.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:17 pm

They mighta had a starting S from a 6th round pick if they hadn't gotten cute and watched him sit a season before starting in Jacksonville.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:30 pm

peeker643 wrote:They mighta had a starting S from a 6th round pick if they hadn't gotten cute and watched him sit a season before starting in Jacksonville.

SD:

Defnitely hope Heckert does better on the third day than he did last year .

Still not liking us passing on yet another Mathews in the fourth when we have a sever shortage of bonafide playmakers
at any position least of all linebacker.

On Shrine , he has more speed than the law allows , something this team needs in spades, and is size to strength ratio is incredible with posting 20 reps , even at that he faces an uphill battle due to his size .

NFL coaches are the biggest stereotypical animals on this planet and lack of size remains a major taboo.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL