Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

The Brady 6

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

The Brady 6

Unread postby Squints » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:22 pm

As SSS eluded to already, but didn't want to hijack the hindsight draft thread.

Yes, he went to Michigan. Yes, he's a pretty boy, and yes, he does wear chick boots. But damn, this doc was as good as any of the 30:30 that the network has ran (it was part of The Year of the QB series).

Had respect for him (my fantasy QB in a keeper league after the dumbass dropped him after his ACL tear), but much more now. Still upset about where and how he was drafted 11 years later, not in a HOF MJ speech way, but in an "I still tear up over it" way. Listening to the Kipers, Mariuccis and Billicks of the world explain themselves 11 years later, some still stick by their scouting reports.

One thing I did learn was that Spergon Wynn did not have the shortest career of the QBs in that draft. Ouch.

If you didn't see it, watch it on demand. Very good doc all the way around.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Re: The Brady 6

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:32 pm

SD told us to draft him in round 5
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Squints » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:36 pm

As long as Carmazzi was off the boards.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:17 am

I actually enjoyed this, and it kinda cemented my respect for Brady as this generations Montana.

His success in the league and as a starting QB seems to be no accident, he seems to work his ass off to this and seems to always have a chip on his shoulder about this whole ordeal.

To say what I said in the other thread, the waste of a draft pick on Wynn further proves that Dwight Clark, Chris Palmer and Policy probably rank as the worst FO in football. A 47% COMPLETION RATE? REALLY?. I'm not even so much pissed that Tom Brady wasn't drafted by the Browns, as the sheer idiocy of that group that has put this team behind in terms of talent for decades.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 am

I love that he cried. Pussy.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:58 pm

I watched that show last night. I hate to say it but based on his combine results he may have been lucky to get drafted at all. They said he ran a 5.2 40. I don't care what position you play, that sucks. Did you catch the video of him on the stage with no shirt, he looked like a junior high player, literally no muscle definition whatsoever. I did find it surprising that only 6 QB's were drafted in the 190 picks ahead of him, it just seemed low. They sure picked a bad hair day for him for most of the interview too.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:35 pm

jb wrote:SD told us to draft him in round 5

SD:

Damn sure would have picked him ahead of Spurgeon Wynn on Meatchicken pedigree alone.

and he'd of really had something to cry about.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:I love that he cried. Pussy.

This. STFU and go count your money and rings, crying fag.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:09 pm

Fantastic.

As was the preview show for that series. Lotta ESPN haters here, but that series is going to be must watch.

Worth locals watching for the Spergeon Wynn section alone....when Sperg gets selected and Kuiper reads the stats from his sheet - 47% completion percentage, 12 touchdowns, 13 INT's, and he just glances over at Jaws and Berman - and all three of em' have the "what the F" face on. Not because they passed up anyone, because a guy with those numbers in a nothing conference just got selected.

Also, notice Aaron Shea's comments, along the lines of, I know Tom, and seeing the quarterbacks we had here...
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Lubber » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:I watched that show last night. I hate to say it but based on his combine results he may have been lucky to get drafted at all. They said he ran a 5.2 40. I don't care what position you play, that sucks. Did you catch the video of him on the stage with no shirt, he looked like a junior high player, literally no muscle definition whatsoever. I did find it surprising that only 6 QB's were drafted in the 190 picks ahead of him, it just seemed low. They sure picked a bad hair day for him for most of the interview too.

Unless the QB a team is looking at is a dual threat (Vick, Vince Young, etc), who cares what the guy's 40 time is? I remember watching him at Michigan knowing that he was getting blackballed due to Griese's son and everybody's infatuation with Henson (and also Henson holding the program hostage with his baseball career). Fact was, Tommy won and he was a leader. he bailed out Henson in a few games.

I know SSS won't believe this, but Brady had a better completion %, a better TD %, better INT % and a better QB rating than his god Brees in 1999 (granted TB was a senior and Drew was a junior. He was never under 60% completion in his years at Michigan.

While I had no idea he would be the success he is now, I thought for certain he would of been much higher than a 6th round pick.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL