Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Patrick Peterson

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Patrick Peterson

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Since much of the forum has been sort of infected with a thread on a certain QB that has next to 0% chance of being drafted by the Brownies, I thought a peak at this guy would be well worth it.

Physcially dominant cornerback who has the prototypical size and excellent top-end and makeup speed to combine into an excellent defensive back prospect. He attacks routes with violence and yet still able to have a sense of awareness of the play. Moves well laterally and explodes out of his dig to the ball. Excellent range and can play well out of man and zone coverage. Does have a tendency keeping pace with shorter receivers with tall drop.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p= ... id=2930957


I know that WR, DE and RT are far more dire needs, however, just from the sound of it, he seems to be the top player in this years draft, and could be that guy that matches the profile of being able to contribute right away.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Patrick Peterson

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:05 pm

I was waiting for you to bring this topic up ;-) ;) :wink:


The only negative in 7's game right now is his back pedal. He's been blessed with so much athletic ability, body control and straight line speed that he has been able to hide it thus far. Not sure that will be the same on the next level. All things considered, he's the most pro-ready player I've ever watched in Baton Rouge. Dude is dynamic.

"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Patrick Peterson

Unread postby pup » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Would be a great pick...

No way is it happening. Odds are he will be off the board, but even if he is there Walrus will rule with an iron tusk and offense will be the word of the day.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12019
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Patrick Peterson

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:50 pm

pup wrote:Would be a great pick...

No way is it happening. Odds are he will be off the board, but even if he is there Walrus will rule with an iron tusk and offense will be the word of the day.


I disagree

If last years draft told us anything, Holmgren is pretty much the guy playing mediator in the war room between gm and coach, and pretty much allows them a lot of room in regards to who to draft.

I realize that the three maybe on the same page, but if say, Heckert goes up to Holmgren with Petersen still on the board, I could easily see him going "Look, I know we want to go receiver here, but this guy is too good to pass up". And vice versa, if Holmgren is really, really sold on some other guy with a pick, I could easily see him pulling rank and going with whomever he feels contributes best.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Patrick Peterson

Unread postby pup » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:34 am

Triple-S wrote:
pup wrote:Would be a great pick...

No way is it happening. Odds are he will be off the board, but even if he is there Walrus will rule with an iron tusk and offense will be the word of the day.


I disagree

If last years draft told us anything, Holmgren is pretty much the guy playing mediator in the war room between gm and coach, and pretty much allows them a lot of room in regards to who to draft.

I realize that the three maybe on the same page, but if say, Heckert goes up to Holmgren with Petersen still on the board, I could easily see him going "Look, I know we want to go receiver here, but this guy is too good to pass up". And vice versa, if Holmgren is really, really sold on some other guy with a pick, I could easily see him pulling rank and going with whomever he feels contributes best.


You disagree and 30 words later say you could see Holmgren pulling rank and take the guy he wants? Word.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12019
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Patrick Peterson

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:50 am

pup wrote:You disagree and 30 words later say you could see Holmgren pulling rank and take the guy he wants? Word.


Maybe I should rephrase that.

I don't disagree, but I really see him going with what Heckert says over his own gut at this point
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6363
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Patrick Peterson

Unread postby RedDawg » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:16 am

From what we saw last year, Holmgren is having a minimal input into the draft. What little input he has in evaluating QBs. Last year he wanted to take McCoy in the second, but let Heckert talk him into holding off and hoping he fell - which he obviously did.

I think Holmgren CAN pull rank and force Heckert to do it, but I think that situation last year set the precedence that he will defer to his GM and trust him to do his job.

Just keep thinking we are going WR although the consensus seems to be a DT or DE. Guess it all goes back to Holmgren's comment about "home run hitters".
User avatar
RedDawg
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:39 pm
Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Re: Patrick Peterson

Unread postby hiko » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:09 am

Peterson is one of about 6 or 7 players that I would be excited to see Heckert pick. My only qualm is that the need at DL and WR is so much greater than CB... but it's not like one pick will fill all the holes anyway.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Patrick Peterson

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Thanks for the clips Bayou. I swear I don't recall LSU wearing those purple jerseys that often...maybe that says something about PP.

Dareus is the only guy I have rated higher.

PP certainly is a dynamic athlete. My question -- how long before he bulks up and becomes a safety...and does that increase or decrease his draft value?
User avatar
JacksonDysonJackson
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 pm
Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bookelly and 3 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: bookelly and 3 guests