Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Butt One of many other hijacked Cam Newton threads

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Butt One of many other hijacked Cam Newton threads

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Or is it whose lying

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports. ... 27740922/2

Posted on: March 3, 2011 7:10 pm
Score: 119
Log-in to rate:
Log-in to rate:
Posted by Rob Rang

A high-ranking NFL source countered what NFLDraftScout.com and others had reported earlier in the week that Auburn QB Cam Newton, the 11th ranked prospect by CBSSports.com, "struggled" in team interviews conducted at the Combine.

"I think that is an example of a team trying to knock the kid down," the source said. "I can tell you right now, he was very likable with us. He answered every question we had about his off-field stuff and did a great job on the white board."

I pointed out that Newton could do well in his team's interview and then struggle in another (or several), but the source referred to specific questions asked and that the offensive coaches in the meeting later characterized Newton's answers as "perfect."

"He knew where to go with the football against different schemes, where his hot read was..." the source explained. "[Newton] did it quickly and with confidence. I wasn't in the other teams' meetings, so I don't know what they asked or how he answered, obviously. I can't imagine that kid 'struggling,' though, in that kind of setting."

The conflicting stories provide a perfect example of the smokescreens that take place in the months leading up to the draft.

This entry was cross-posted from Rob Rang's NFL Draft Blog. For more NFL news, rumors and analysis, follow @cbssportsnfl on Twitter and subscribe to our RSS Feed
SoulDawg74

Re: If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin

Unread postby jta1975 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:10 pm

The smoke these guys radiate goes both ways. I mean if the "source" doesn't have big QB need or really doesn't plan on taking Cam, why wouldn't he talk him up? I mean if someone picks him ahead of you and you really didn't want him to begin with. The guy you wanted has better odds of making it to you.

On the flip if you really wanted the kid,don't have the first pick, and you feel the need to say anything at all you might as well float some white lies. It all depends on your organizational personality.

I would go the route of praise for all. Talk everyone up like Hoodie does.

Well, that is only if you ask, they do very little talking without the shock stick.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby Loo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:21 am

Smokescreens. Nothing new. Just shows you can't listen to either one.

All teams do this, so you can't listen to anyone.

I get this a lot: "Well, if they're all doing this, clearly, the team who says the most negative stuff about a guy is going to take him!"
Me: "Well, what if that's what they want you to think?"
"Oh."

For the record, I hate that "ain't cheatin' ain't tryin'" saying. Absolutely hate it. I'd say no, if you're cheating you...are just cheating.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:37 am

You need to just quit being a Browns fan, follow your heart and eat 10 miles of Cam Newton's shit just to see the bulbous ass it came out of

It'll save yo angst and relieve the rest of us of your repititous bullshit

We fucking get it

You think Cam Newton is Jesus Christ, la Duece, but for the love of God stfu about him here. Save it all for Pure Boredom @obr.....He will never be a Brown...he's irrelevant

Regretfully I can envision you dishing up this blathering bullshit till the day you die and anyone who wants to read these forums is going to have to put up with this redundant horseshit

...but by all means Kerri on
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:You need to just quit being a Browns fan, follow your heart and eat 10 miles of Cam Newton's shit just to see the bulbous ass it came out of

It'll save yo angst and relieve the rest of us of your repititous bullshit

We fucking get it

You think Cam Newton is Jesus Christ, la Duece, but for the love of God stfu about him here. Save it all for Pure Boredom @obr.....He will never be a Brown...he's irrelevant

Regretfully I can envision you dishing up this blathering bullshit till the day you die and anyone who wants to read these forums is going to have to put up with this redundant horseshit

...but by all means Kerri on

SD:

Hey stoopid , I ain't a Cam Newton fan so much as I'm a Browns fan which is why I endure message boards with nitwits like yourself who can't discern the difference.

I pimp players prior to the draft like anyone else who thinks that player would be the best way to go to improve the team.

No more than I would pimp a laser rifle over an M16 if that gave our Country a leg up on defense .

If you have a legit reason why I shouldn't pimp a laser over an M16 I'm listening , if your comments are those of a the usual ignorant Jackass hating on a kid for Hates sake then you are truly moronic if you let me know it really gets under your skin that you can't deter me, and I won't buy in to your narrow mind of thinking.

We don't have a franchise QB until we have one , we can't compete in this league and ever realistically expect to win a Championship.

You convince me right here and now that 2-6 Colt who threw interceptions the last two games like they were candy, because he couldn't spin it in the cold ,the way our competitors shredded the air ain't the fourth best QB in this division even behind the has been that is now Carson Palmer and you'd have a valid reason to squawk if somebody else suggested we draft QB .

But since that proof ain't about to be forth coming all i can tell ya is the pain your having now which Midol can't seem to fix is only gonna get worse , while giving me perverse pleasure of bring you the pain , again and again ....and
again.

Of course you could grow up understand what a discussion board is for and ruin all the fun ,

Yeah that will happen ........................................:pigs:

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Loo wrote:Smokescreens. Nothing new. Just shows you can't listen to either one.

All teams do this, so you can't listen to anyone.

I get this a lot: "Well, if they're all doing this, clearly, the team who says the most negative stuff about a guy is going to take him!"
Me: "Well, what if that's what they want you to think?"
"Oh."

For the record, I hate that "ain't cheatin' ain't tryin'" saying. Absolutely hate it. I'd say no, if you're cheating you...are just cheating.

SD:

It has no place in Golf , until Elan found another use for a 9 iron that is ...:)

however in football if your not straddling that line or driving on the other side of the road the way the inbred use their institutional drug program then you'll allways be entering an ass kicking contest on one leg.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby RedDawg » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:44 pm

"You convince me right here and now that 2-6 Colt who threw interceptions the last two games like they were candy, because he couldn't spin it in the cold ,the way our competitors shredded the air ain't the fourth best QB in this division even behind the has been that is now Carson Palmer and you'd have a valid reason to squawk if somebody else suggested we draft QB ."

SD, if Mike Holmgren thinks Colt McCoy deserves a clear shot at the job and Mike Shurmur thinks he's a player based on their scouting information, why shouldn't we think they know WTF they are talking about and trust them?

I understand having reservations about Colt, but preaching that he doesn't have it is asking us to take your word over Holmgren+Heckert+Shurmur.

If he is the man, we'll know soon enough. More importantly, the Browns peeps will know and will make a change.

Patience, grasshopper.
RedDawg

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:45 pm

RedDawg wrote:"You convince me right here and now that 2-6 Colt who threw interceptions the last two games like they were candy, because he couldn't spin it in the cold ,the way our competitors shredded the air ain't the fourth best QB in this division even behind the has been that is now Carson Palmer and you'd have a valid reason to squawk if somebody else suggested we draft QB ."

SD, if Mike Holmgren thinks Colt McCoy deserves a clear shot at the job and Mike Shurmur thinks he's a player based on their scouting information, why shouldn't we think they know WTF they are talking about and trust them?

I understand having reservations about Colt, but preaching that he doesn't have it is asking us to take your word over Holmgren+Heckert+Shurmur.

If he is the man, we'll know soon enough. More importantly, the Browns peeps will know and will make a change.

Patience, grasshopper.

SD:

:bs:

name me one QB Holmgren drafted who amounted to anything in his coaching career.

Wolf traded for Farve and drafted Hasselback who Holmgren promptly traded for when he got the seattle gig.

name him _______________________________________________

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Cease » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Paraphrasing The Stranger...

The SoulDawg abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The SoulDawg. Keepin' 'er real for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby pup » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:16 pm

RedDawg wrote:"You convince me right here and now that 2-6 Colt who threw interceptions the last two games like they were candy, because he couldn't spin it in the cold ,the way our competitors shredded the air ain't the fourth best QB in this division even behind the has been that is now Carson Palmer and you'd have a valid reason to squawk if somebody else suggested we draft QB ."

Patience, grasshopper.

Funny to me that you went this route in a thread that is basically about smokescreens.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby danwismar » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Loo wrote:For the record, I hate that "ain't cheatin' ain't tryin'" saying. Absolutely hate it. I'd say no, if you're cheating you...are just cheating.

It's commonly said of SEC football "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't competin'"

...which has a slightly different meaning...and it has the ring of truth too.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Re: Official cam Newton Thread until May

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 am

Jus trying to perform a public servce. I know it'll never work, but hey...

can't miss the hint.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:47 pm

jb wrote:Jus trying to perform a public servce. I know it'll never work, but hey...

can't miss the hint.

SD:

This thread has an expiration date of April 28th ...no ?
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:56 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:Jus trying to perform a public servce. I know it'll never work, but hey...

can't miss the hint.

SD:

nah, you'll be bitchin' about it until they pry the keyboard from ur cold, dead, hands.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:53 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

can't miss the hint.

SD:

nah, you'll be bitchin' about it until they pry the keyboard from ur cold, dead, hands.

SD:

Only if we are stoopid enough to pass on him if by some miracle , he's there at 6 .

or if Homie gets cute overrules heckert and pulls a Butchum and drafts Locker ...

ewwweee , that will be nasty.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:13 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:Only if we are stoopid enough to pass on him if by some miracle , he's there at 6 .
or if Homie gets cute overrules heckert and pulls a Butchum and drafts Locker ...

They're both chumps. Neither of them can hit water if they fell out of a boat. Don't we already have an awful thread about this guy?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:44 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Only if we are stoopid enough to pass on him if by some miracle , he's there at 6 .

They're both chumps. Neither of them can hit water if they fell out of a boat. Don't we already have an awful thread about this guy?

SD:

Its all one big crap shoot , but if you got the answer , you got to call it before you roll it.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby RedDawg » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:06 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

Patience, grasshopper.

SD:

name me one QB Holmgren drafted who amounted to anything in his coaching career.

Wolf traded for Farve and drafted Hasselback who Holmgren promptly traded for when he got the seattle gig.

SoulDawg

Holmgren has never drafted a QB. He's always been a coach, and now a president. It's his job to develop QBs, and he's universally hailed as one of the best in the history of NFL.

If you want to infer that he has a role in the selection process, then Matt Hasselbeck and Mark Brunell are evidence of him being an outstanding young QB evaluator. 6 Pro Bowls between them.

So he has developed at least two Hall of Fame QBs in Farve and Young, and had a significant role in the selection of two other Pro Bowl QBs.

And you have the balls to expect us to listen to your take over his?

Heckert'll take a QB in the later rounds. Start talking about who that might be and give up your obsession with Cam Newton.
Last edited by RedDawg on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedDawg

Unread postby RedDawg » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:12 pm

pup wrote:

Patience, grasshopper.

Funny to me that you went this route in a thread that is basically about smokescreens.

Heh. This thread is about Cam Newton and SD trying yet again to convince us that we should draft him at #6 if he's there because Colt McCoy doesn't have it, despite what the Browns FO is saying.

This thread was also an effort to convince us that Cam Newton is so good, that there are teams scrambling to position themselves to draft him - while spreading disinformation that he isn't that good or doesn't interview well.

I'm just trying to help SD to give up the idea that we might draft Newton and put it to bed.

For the record, I fully agree with him that he - could - revolutionize the NFL if he gets into the right situation. I also feel strongly that the Browns are NOT that team, and all signs on that are clear.
RedDawg

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:21 pm

RedDawg wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

Patience, grasshopper.

SD:

SoulDawg

Holmgren has never drafted a QB. He's the head coach. It's his job to develop QBs, and he's universally hailed as one of the best in the history of NFL.

If you want to infer that he has a role in the selection process, then Matt Hasselbeck and Mark Brunell are evidence of him being an outstanding young QB evaluator. 6 Pro Bowls between them.

So he has developed at least two Hall of Fame QBs in Farve and Young, and had a significant role in the selection of two other Pro Bowl QBs.

And you have the balls to expect us to listen to your take over his?

Heckert'll take a QB in the later rounds. Start talking about who that might be and give up your obsession with Cam Newton.

SD:

Not only are you disingenuous your down right stoopid , .

You talk outta both sides of your mouth like a witless Bitch .

As GM and Coach in seattle , he had control of the draft , which makes your reply .

and I quote """"Holmgren has never drafted a QB. He's the head coach."""

Mindless blatherings from a Jackass.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Re: Official Cam Newton Thread until May

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Like checking out a bad accident....can't....not.....look

Soon it will be a good time to post a clip of Sanfu chucking rocks into the top of 'SD's' dome and splattering whats left of his brain matter
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby RedDawg » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:10 pm

SD:

As GM and Coach in seattle , he had control of the draft , which makes your reply .

SoulDawg

Do you have to be a raging, foaming at the mouth old prick every time I challenge your awful takes? You are embarrassing yourself - really.

Ok, Holmgren didn't draft a Pro Bowl QB while he was at Seattle. If that is the basis of your take that he can't evaluate young QBs - then you are making a ridiculous and illogical reach.

As GM of the Seahawks, he traded for Hasselbeck who was a backup QB - that he helped to select in BG - and developed him into a 3 time Pro Bowl QB who took the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. That's the ability to evaluate and develop a young QB. Recognize this fact, please.

I'm quite comfortable in saying that he played a significant role in the drafting of Hasselbeck and Brunell when he was at GB. Brunell went on to 3 pro bowls in JAX, and unless you think Chris Palmer is the best offensive coordinator in the history of the NFL in '96-'98, then I'd say that was a hit by Holmgren/Wolf as well.

Show me where he had no input into Wolf selecting Hasselbeck and Brunell and I'll concede the point. It makes no sense that Wolf didn't consult with Holmgren in the selection of a QB as that was his specialty as a coach.

Holmgren as much or more than Wolf made those picks.

Dude, I respect that you have reservations about McCoy. Undestandable. I respect that Newton could become a legend. It's possible. But in the face of consensus support from a highly experienced NFL front office - your take that Colt doesn't have it and we should go after a possibly revolutionary QB with the #6 pick despite glaring needs elsewhere doesn't hold up.

You're just wrong here. Sack up, admit it, and move on. :pigs:
RedDawg

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:57 pm

RedDawg wrote:
SD:

SoulDawg

Do you have to be a raging, foaming at the mouth old prick every time I challenge your awful takes? You are embarrassing yourself - really.

Ok, Holmgren didn't draft a Pro Bowl QB while he was at Seattle. If that is the basis of your take that he can't evaluate young QBs - then you are making a ridiculous and illogical reach.

As GM of the Seahawks, he traded for Hasselbeck who was a backup QB - that he helped to select in BG - and developed him into a 3 time Pro Bowl QB who took the Seahawks to the Super Bowl. That's the ability to evaluate and develop a young QB. Recognize this fact, please.

I'm quite comfortable in saying that he played a significant role in the drafting of Hasselbeck and Brunell when he was at GB. Brunell went on to 3 pro bowls in JAX, and unless you think Chris Palmer is the best offensive coordinator in the history of the NFL in '96-'98, then I'd say that was a hit by Holmgren/Wolf as well.

Show me where he had no input into Wolf selecting Hasselbeck and Brunell and I'll concede the point. It makes no sense that Wolf didn't consult with Holmgren in the selection of a QB as that was his specialty as a coach.

Holmgren as much or more than Wolf made those picks.

Dude, I respect that you have reservations about McCoy. Undestandable. I respect that Newton could become a legend. It's possible. But in the face of consensus support from a highly experienced NFL front office - your take that Colt doesn't have it and we should go after a possibly revolutionary QB with the #6 pick despite glaring needs elsewhere doesn't hold up.

You're just wrong here. Sack up, admit it, and move on. :pigs:

SD:

Save your whining whimpering and pleadings for somebody who gives a Fuck .

You don't respect anything but the sound of your own blather .

You lost all credibility with me when you accused me of racist bias in my choices for Browns players , and then couldn't back up your bull shit with fact .

Now you just been called again and just had your stoopid ass handed to ya .

You had your chance to recant and apologize but you took the path of a chicken shit cocksucking Bitch refusing to come correct .

So its on like Patrone until death do us part Mutha Fucka .

We ain't pardnahs we ain't buddies and we ain't friends .

:fu:

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby RedDawg » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Obviously I don't give a fuck what you think about me. No one else here cares what you think about me either. So quit changing the subject. That's what pussies do when they are wrong and don't have the balls to fess up on it. Your entire take is wrong. Holmgren clearly has the chops to say that McCoy has the goods, and you don't.

Yes, I didn't consider that Holmgren was the GM in SEA from 1999-2002 and DID draft the QBs. So no, Holmgren never drafted a pro bowl QB during that incredibly long 4 year stint as the GM when he already had a Pro Bowl QB on his team. You got me on that one. But riddle me this...how many Pro Bowl QBs have the Patriots or Colts drafted in the last five years? None! They don't know crap about QBs then?

Horrible, awful, idiotic take. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

He just helped Wolfe to draft two other Pro Bowlers while he was at GB. You don't have the stones to concede that point, do you?

Holmgren developed Young and Farve, he helped to select Hasselbeck and Brunell, and now he thinks that Colt McCoy is going to be a good NFL QB in the WCO. The entire Browns FO publicly disagrees with your take about Colt McCoy.

Let's look at your QB evaluation history:

1. Not one person I've seen anywhere on the entire internet other than you thinks Cam Newton is a good
fit for us. Yet, that doesn't deter you from preaching away.

2. Your QB evaluation skills include you saying Kelly Holcomb was the next coming of Johnny U.

3. Every other mid-round project QB you've pimped over the years was a black kid. I never would have
said that if I hadn't noticed you do it over and over again.

A majority of your takes are horrible and their only value is sheer entertainment. You're just too stubborn to admit that you are now the village idiot of not one but two different internet forums.

Better yet, please keep talking about how Colt McCoy can't "spin the ball" and expect us to think you know jack shit about evaluating QBs.
RedDawg

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:45 pm

danwismar wrote:
Loo wrote:For the record, I hate that "ain't cheatin' ain't tryin'" saying. Absolutely hate it. I'd say no, if you're cheating you...are just cheating.

It's commonly said of SEC football "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't competin'"

...which has a slightly different meaning...and it has the ring of truth too.

SD:

Don't look now , but the Big Ten just went SEC , now expanding the investigation from the players back to Tressel.

If you can't beat em , get em disqualified.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Confirmed #Browns GM Tom Heckert and coach Pat Shurmur attending Auburn pro day. Prob on to Alabama next.

Holmgen advisor Gil Haskell also part of #Browns contingent @ Auburn pro day. He's not there to look at Nick Fairley.

per grossi.

I dislike the idea of hypothetically drafting $cam, but if holmgren decides thats the road he wants to go so badly. So be it, and I'll support him on that.

Also from the sounds of it, they also took a peak at a WR Darvin Adams and RT Daniel Zembia, both projected 2nd-3rd rounders
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Triple-S wrote:
Confirmed #Browns GM Tom Heckert and coach Pat Shurmur attending Auburn pro day. Prob on to Alabama next.

Holmgen advisor Gil Haskell also part of #Browns contingent @ Auburn pro day. He's not there to look at Nick Fairley.

per grossi.

I dislike the idea of hypothetically drafting $cam, but if holmgren decides thats the road he wants to go so badly. So be it, and I'll support him on that.

Also from the sounds of it, they also took a peak at a WR Darvin Adams and RT Daniel Zembia, both projected 2nd-3rd rounders

SD:

They'd have been fools not to make that trip , and there is no way Heckert coulda pulled the trigger on Newton without Holmgrens blessing , or bypassed him without his Kruschev .like ...............Nyet.

Of Course the sheep will just tell ya they came to see Fairley and that wide out whats his name .

On a side note to the Greene Jones debate , there is a post in the cooler where Peterson gave his opinion without advocating either guy , noting Jones had more speed and strength while Greene the better hands , when he played him the year before as the didn't play this year .

Also of note and and an FYI as I haven't had time to check it , Jones supposedly has the only TD given up by Peterson this year .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm

I wonder how far under the SEC cap Auburn is with Cam and Fairley falling off the books this season.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:43 pm

#Browns will research Newton, Gabbert, Mallett, Dalton, etc. Don't overreact to them being at every QB pro day. Will bring some in, too.

SD just came.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:44 pm

peeker643 wrote:I wonder how far under the SEC cap Auburn is with Cam and Fairley falling off the books this season.

SD:

Them suitcases will never tell... :)
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Triple-S wrote:
#Browns will research Newton, Gabbert, Mallett, Dalton, etc. Don't overreact to them being at every QB pro day. Will bring some in, too.

SD just came.

SD:

More than once , especially over thoughts of the sheep shittin on themselves.

Pay all that no attention their secretly looking for a long snapper :)

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pup » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:10 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:

SD just came.

SD:

SoulDawg

God damn this new regime. The one position on this team that is All-Pro and they are out looking to replace him.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:21 pm

pup wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:

SD just came.

SD:

SoulDawg

God damn this new regime. The one position on this team that is All-Pro and they are out looking to replace him.

SD:

Live feed of Auburn Pro Day on ESPN 111.com

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:09 am

Newton looked good, IMO. Kid can throw the ball.
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby RedDawg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:40 am

Rather than debate whether Cam Newton is worthy, or whether McCoy even has it, let's look at Holmgren's actual words.

"It works best if you can identify 'the guy,' let him know he's 'the guy,' and train him appropriately to be 'the guy,'" Holmgren said. "It's nice to have all this competition and all this stuff, but it doesn't work very well, usually. So if you believe in a young man, believe he's 'the guy,' then you have to go with it."

and...

"I believe in the young guy we have," he said. "I'm pretty sure we'll take one later in the draft."

If Heckert drafts Newton, or for that matter any QB with the #6 pick, that directly contradicts what Holmgren said. The Big Dog in any organization doesn't like being made to look stupid.

Holmgren is either fabricating a giant smokescreen, or he's telling the truth.

If he's telling the truth, then we aren't going to take a QB with the 6 pick and will be looking to take one later to be the #3.

The best thing Cam could have done for his career was to skip the Pro Day, slide down to the mid to late first round and end up on a good team as a backup to develop at a normal progression.

Instead, he's going to disintegrate in CAR, CIN or BUF and be outperformed by McCoy in Cleveland.
RedDawg

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:48 am

RedDawg wrote:Rather than debate whether Cam Newton is worthy, or whether McCoy even has it, let's look at Holmgren's actual words.

"It works best if you can identify 'the guy,' let him know he's 'the guy,' and train him appropriately to be 'the guy,'" Holmgren said. "It's nice to have all this competition and all this stuff, but it doesn't work very well, usually. So if you believe in a young man, believe he's 'the guy,' then you have to go with it."

and...

"I believe in the young guy we have," he said. "I'm pretty sure we'll take one later in the draft."

I have a draft info theory.

If you read and listen carefully until about early to mid-April you can come back to those quotes, inasmuch as you can get these guys to quote, and not be failed. After that time, if their lips are moving, they's lying.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 pm

I could see Newton having success in Chan offense in Buffalo , and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Maybe the Bills should go early 90's Houston Oilers for the next couple of seasons. Damn that would kick ass.

Run and Shoot seems to be the sort of offense he's built for.

But, if I repeat though, he doesn't fit the sort offense the Browns are striving for. West cost relies on short accurate passes to the WR's, and a little bit of mobility from the QB.

Triple-S

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Triple-S wrote:I could see Newton having success in Chan offense in Buffalo , and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Maybe the Bills should go early 90's Houston Oilers for the next couple of seasons. Damn that would kick ass.

Run and Shoot seems to be the sort of offense he's built for.

But, if I repeat though, he doesn't fit the sort offense the Browns are striving for. West cost relies on short accurate passes to the WR's, and a little bit of mobility from the QB.

SD:

Point was kid can excel in any offense , Galley is astute enough to design something special and have him starting opening day while still on the job training.

The WCO is a piece of Cake 19 for 19 in the three step short stuff 50 / 60 overall with four drops, including improvement in the five and seven step drops and the long passes were completed over the receivers shoulders like they were dropped down a chimney on a windy day .

Think GreenBay Philly WCO with deep threat capabilities forcing you to defend the entire field.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby hiko » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:48 am

jb wrote:If you read and listen carefully until about early to mid-April you can come back to those quotes, inasmuch as you can get these guys to quote, and not be failed. After that time, if their lips are moving, they's lying.

It gets earlier and earlier every year. Pretty soon it'll 24/7/365 if it ain't already.

Too much media.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby RedDawg » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:28 am

I haven't seen any evidence of Holmgren not meaning exactly what he is saying since he has been here.

Every shred of informatin that we have on his analysis of Colt McCoy is that he is very impressed with him and thinks that he has the potential to be an outstanding WCO QB. We know that Holmgren wanted to select him in the 2nd round, but Heckert asked him to be patient and Holmgren relented.

Now he is very clearly saying that he does not believe in a QB competition, and that Colt is the unquestioned starter going into this season. Spinning smokescreens does not fit his persona thus far. If smoke is to be released, Heckert is the guy to do so.

Exactly what could make it any clearer that this regime is 100% behind Colt McCoy?

Much more of a chance we take the kid from Va Tech in the mid rounds than Newton.
RedDawg

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:50 am

RedDawg wrote:I haven't seen any evidence of Holmgren not meaning exactly what he is saying since he has been here.

Every shred of informatin that we have on his analysis of Colt McCoy is that he is very impressed with him and thinks that he has the potential to be an outstanding WCO QB. We know that Holmgren wanted to select him in the 2nd round, but Heckert asked him to be patient and Holmgren relented.

Now he is very clearly saying that he does not believe in a QB competition, and that Colt is the unquestioned starter going into this season. Spinning smokescreens does not fit his persona thus far. If smoke is to be released, Heckert is the guy to do so.

Exactly what could make it any clearer that this regime is 100% behind Colt McCoy?

Much more of a chance we take the kid from Va Tech in the mid rounds than Newton.

SD:

Its amazing how long children will cling to fantasy .

How old were you when you realized there is no Santa or tooth fairy ..

Ooooops my bad ........I really didn't know , you didn't know .

:tool:

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby RedDawg » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:16 pm

Your unhealthy infatuation with Cam Newton and spamming up every thread about him has crossed over from amusing, to just sad.

NFL teams don't trot out their HOF team presidents to straight up lie just to create a smokescreen. If they wanted to do that, it would be Heckert's responsibility.

Wait, that's logic. Way over your head.

You probably think there are alien bodies in Area 51, the US government masterminded 9/11, and that Elvis is alive and eating burritos in a hidden mountain enclave.

Why can't you keep your slobbering all over Cam's knob on the other site? Must you jihad in two place?

As to me not having any evidence of you pimping black QBs as projects...cut from the other site...

"Better suggestion for this system is Tyrod Taylor in the fifth or sixth, who has a better arm runs a 4.51 forty is elusive and whose skill set screams WCO , and is the taylor made clone of Colt and Wallace and the kid we have from WVU."

You can't help it, even when I called you out on it. You are the racist, because your wet dreams of Cleveland Browns success have a black QB at the helm.

Prove me wrong. Link me posts where you have pimped white QBs as later round projects in the last month.

Your turn.
RedDawg

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:01 pm

RedDawg wrote:Your unhealthy infatuation with Cam Newton and spamming up every thread about him has crossed over from amusing, to just sad.

NFL teams don't trot out their HOF team presidents to straight up lie just to create a smokescreen. If they wanted to do that, it would be Heckert's responsibility.

Wait, that's logic. Way over your head.

You probably think there are alien bodies in Area 51, the US government masterminded 9/11, and that Elvis is alive and eating burritos in a hidden mountain enclave.

Why can't you keep your slobbering all over Cam's knob on the other site? Must you jihad in two place?

As to me not having any evidence of you pimping black QBs as projects...cut from the other site...

"Better suggestion for this system is Tyrod Taylor in the fifth or sixth, who has a better arm runs a 4.51 forty is elusive and whose skill set screams WCO , and is the taylor made clone of Colt and Wallace and the kid we have from WVU."

You can't help it, even when I called you out on it. You are the racist, because your wet dreams of Cleveland Browns success have a black QB at the helm.

Prove me wrong. Link me posts where you have pimped white QBs as later round projects in the last month.

Your turn.

SD:

Hey stoopid the Browns had on the offensive side.

Heckert, Jon Sandusky, John Spytek, Pat Shurmur, Gil Haskell, Mark Whipple
at the Auburn field day .

and for defense

Dick Jauron.

No matter what Holngren said pre combine and pre pro day, they aren't going to be so stoopid as you presume to not do their due dilligience.

Of course a naive Jackass such as yourself could convince me and everyone
else , all that offensive brain power was there to scout that elusive long snapper we need.

or set up a card game later with John Ellway .

You really are a pitiable fool.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Re: Butt One of many other hijacked Cam Newton threads

Unread postby RedDawg » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Hey stoopid yourself..

Never said they were there scouting a long snapper. What about Lee Ziemba, a possible 3rd rd OT? What about Darvin Adams, a highly touted WR.

As a matter of fact here's a list of who they are looking at.

Darvin Adams 6-1.875, 194

Mike Berry 6-3.125, 318

Mike Blanc 6-2.5, 286

Jorrell Bostrom 6-2, 339

Kodi Burns, 6-0.125, 206

Josh Bynes, 6-1.625, 240

Wes Byrum, 6-1.125, 217

Antoine Carter, 6-3.375, 259

Zach Clayton, 6-2, 299

Zach Etheridge, 5-11.25, 201

Nick Fairley, 297

Mario Fannin, 229

Michael Goggans, 6-1.625, 263

Byron Isom, 6-1.75, 304

Gabe McKenzie, 6-2.5, 261

Cam Newton, 244

Ryan Pugh, 6-1.375, 307

Craig Stevens, 6-1.875, 230

Chris Todd, 6- 2, 229

Demond Washington, 5-8.625, 180

Terrell Zachery 5-11.25, 305

Lee Ziemba 318

Here is the list as SoulDouche74 sees it...

Byron Isom, 6-1.75, 304

Gabe McKenzie, 6-2.5, 261

:woot: Cam Newton, 244. :woot:

Ryan Pugh, 6-1.375, 307

Craig Stevens, 6-1.875, 230

RedDawg

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:53 pm

RedDawg wrote:Hey stoopid yourself..

Never said they were there scouting a long snapper. ....

SD:

There comes a point of seperation between a Clueless bob and somebody who just doesn't get it .

You sir definately blurr that line .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby RedDawg » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:08 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
RedDawg wrote:Hey stoopid yourself..

Never said they were there scouting a long snapper. ....

SD:

There comes a point of seperation between a Clueless bob and somebody who just doesn't get it .

You sir definately blurr that line .

SoulDawg

And you are most mush-headed, ridiculously stubborn poster I've ever seen on a sports forum.

I'll use the big font for you.

Colt McCoy is going to be the starter of the Browns, and Cam Newton isn't. There is 0% chance we take him if he is there at 6. ZERO.

Still waiting for a link to you posting about two white QBs that we should "take a flier on"...
RedDawg

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:25 pm

You guys are beginning to give me another fucking headache and I don't need one.

If you want to scream at each other or call each other names please exchange numbers in a PM and do it without using big, bold letters.

Talk about whatever this thread set forth to talk about or let's just agree to lock it down.

Thanks
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby RedDawg » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:42 pm

peeker643 wrote:You guys are beginning to give me another fucking headache and I don't need one.

If you want to scream at each other or call each other names please exchange numbers in a PM and do it without using big, bold letters.

Talk about whatever this thread set forth to talk about or let's just agree to lock it down.

Thanks

Lock it down then.

Beating your head on a brick wall doesn't affect the wall.

I'm done with him.
RedDawg

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:55 pm

RedDawg wrote:
peeker643 wrote:You guys are beginning to give me another fucking headache and I don't need one.

Thanks

Lock it down then.

Beating your head on a brick wall doesn't affect the wall.

I'm done with him.

SD:

Peeks it's not my call to tell you how to run your
railroad

I'll leave reds last reply as exhibit #1 as to why you
Shouldn't allow the tail to wag the dog

In a discussion board trolls should be run
Not discussion or topics which bring discussion
Even though the weak-minded agenda laden set
can't handle it.

They are. Free not to respond or participate
but that freedom shouldn't extend to elimating what I want
to read or participate in.

Thanks

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:56 pm

To feed the fire

The Browns have committed to Colt McCoy as their starting quarterback, but during the NFL scouting combine last month in Indianapolis, General Manager Tom Heckert did not rule out taking another quarterback high, even if the plan was to trade him as the Giants did in 2004 when they drafted Philip Rivers and traded him to the Chargers for quarterback Eli Manning.

"We think Colt's going to be a good quarterback, (we) really do," Heckert said. "On the other hand, you're never going to say — just like with a corner, will you take one, six and seven — if there's a quarterback we think is a great football player, you're crazy not to take him.

"I know it's a little different in Philly where we had (Donovan) McNabb and took Kevin (Kolb) — it was second round — but if we couldn't get out, we were taking Kevin Kolb in the first round. We moved down and still got him, which worked out well.

"I just think it's such a position of need throughout the NFL. If you have two great quarterbacks, it's not a bad thing. It's really not. First of all, we obviously went through it last year with three quarterbacks. On the other hand, you can always use one to trade or whatever, so if you think a quarterback's going to be a great one, you can't pass."

http://news-herald.com/articles/2011/03 ... um=twitter

Triple-S

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL