Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Butt One of many other hijacked Cam Newton threads

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Butt One of many other hijacked Cam Newton threads

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:18 pm

Triple-S wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

Hey stoopid , at what point do you quit blaming receivers when the fuckin QB throws the ball at their feet.

SoulDawg

When the receivers actually get some form of separation?

sure as shit didn't see a lot of that going on either.

SD:

Did you watch the last two games or did you just feel around on the screen while some other homer enunciated the play by play.

The receivers were open on the deep sideline routes Colt under threw them by five yards , the balls where blown back into the defenders forcing the receivers to stop and come back into defenders.

They looked like quails in an artic head wind , dying in mid flight frozen in space and cast to the winds of fate.

Now I know this is gonna bust your little fantasy about Colt so if you really can't handle it don't read anymore so JB don't have to sooth your little feathers assuring you I'm just an uncaring meanie.

It was evident in the last two games the Cold weather and wind adversely affected Colt , and in particular how he threw the ball.

Colt couldn't spin it , his little hands were affected by the cold and he looked like a 5 year old throwing his first adult football.

You doubt it look at Flacco and Rottenberger whose passes shredded the air in the same game in the same conditions unaffected by the conditions.

His passer rating in both games averaged less than 50% and his performance wasn't that good with a half dozen picks which should have been more.

Vs our too biggest division rivals who both had film on him , he was eviscerated.

It gives me no pleasure to say that , but that's the facts Jack.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Agree to disagree, but I respect your views.

We can however, both agree that if the Browns are in the position next year, that Andrew Luck is A MUST with next years draft?

I'd take him over both of those guys any day of the week.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:57 pm

Triple-S wrote:Agree to disagree, but I respect your views.

We can however, both agree that if the Browns are in the position next year, that Andrew Luck is A MUST with next years draft?

I'd take him over both of those guys any day of the week.

SD:

If the Browns are in position to draft Andrew Luck we went 0 fer 16 under Colt .

No GM who has a chance at Luck will bother to even field your phone calls , not for two Mike Ditka deals or all the tea in china .

We have a shot at guys in this draft or Barkley Pryor or Mallets backup next year if he's eligible which would all upgrade the athleticism at the QB spot.

We really don't have a legit shot at Newton sans an exorbitant trade.

Kaepernick is very desirable as a developmental project while Dalton is unappreciated , if you could do a blood transplant with Jake Locker and remove the mushrooms out of his system which maybe causing his inexplicable brain farts, he has as much talent as anybody in this draft and is the prototype for a WCO.

Ponder is the most ready coming out of a pro style offense , but his injury history and TCE gurantees he'll be on IR when you need him the most.

Don't get me wrong I like Colt his moxie and his leadership and his toughness , but not his wing beyond 15 yards right in front of him , which denies you immense amounts of real estate to exploit.

Hope that dude is on heavy NFL vitamins and a seven day strengthening program ,

Guys knock Ryan Mallet for folding like tin foil under pressure because I know I have , but Peyton Manning is no less adverse to pressure, however the WCO we'll employ really isn't conducive to stiff pocket statues , so that rules him out , which is a shame because Mallet is the best pure passer in this draft.

Could see him landing in New England with one of their to first round picks
which would be very scary.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 pm

So you can make the argument Colt McCoy is the real deal because he played well in that stretch of games.

And the negatives to him were there because the receivers he has to throw to suck ass.

Why did we cut the receivers that were out there when he played well? We didn't you say? Hmmmmm. Weird.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby hiko » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:07 pm

This pro-Colt anti-Colt dialogue is nigh unreadable.

Here's what we know:

Colt looked pretty good against some solid competition in his first 4 starts in decent conditions.

He looked like crap in his last 2 games in poor conditions.

This could be because his foot injury hampered his throws. It could be because his arm is too weak to deal with the conditions. We don't know which it is.

It is unlikely that the Browns take a QB at #6 this year, but if Heckert and Holmgren deem that Colt's late-season issues were more from weak arm than hurt foot, and they deem that whatever QB they take there is a clear upgrade, then I support that decision. If their confidence in McCoy isn't just feigned and they want to give him every chance to succeed, I support that too.

There's just not enough data for me to get all spastic about McCoy one way or the other.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:27 pm

hiko wrote:This pro-Colt anti-Colt dialogue is nigh unreadable.

Here's what we know:

Colt looked pretty good against some solid competition in his first 4 starts in decent conditions.

This could be because his foot injury hampered his throws. It could be because his arm is too weak to deal with the conditions. We don't know which it is.

It is unlikely that the Browns take a QB at #6 this year, but if Heckert and Holmgren deem that Colt's late-season issues were more from weak arm than hurt foot, and they deem that whatever QB they take there is a clear upgrade, then I support that decision. If their confidence in McCoy isn't just feigned and they want to give him every chance to succeed, I support that too.

There's just not enough data for me to get all spastic about McCoy one way or the other.

SD:

Hiko, is Colt McCoy a franchise QB in your opinion.

Do you see anybody in this draft who can carry that designation .

Can the Browns bypass that individual in lieu of Colt if he's there.

Would the Browns be remiss in not hedging their bets with another even if he is a project if they have doubts on Colt.

Can we afford to waste a year being wrong with no clear protege in the wings.

Thanks in advance

SoulDawg

SoulDag
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:47 pm

I dont know whether he will boom or bust, but I really hope Cincy doesnt draft Cam.

I can't handle a rehash of this twice a year for however long he plays.
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby hiko » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:17 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

Here's what we know:

SD:

Would the Browns be remiss in not hedging their bets with another even if he is a project if they have doubts on Colt.

Thanks in advance

SoulDawg

SoulDag

Well, since the selection is out of my hands and that I have no idea if it was the foot that hurt Colt at the end, I'm not as overly concerned about whether or not the brass decides to take a QB as some of you guys.

My gut says No, Colt is not physically skilled enough to be a Franchise QB. I think he'll end up Charlie Frye II. I don't make excuses for QB's. But there are so many holes on this roster that I can draft a QB later on as a project and save my early round picks for more pressing needs, because one of the problems with this year's QB's is that there are so many questions.

Are there any franchise QB's in this draft? I'm sure there are. But I don't know which ones. If you're asking me, the only guys worth taking where you can get them would be Newton, Kaepernick, and Ponder. Gabbert, no, Locker, hell no, Dalton, nope, Mallett, not in a million years.

So when you ask if we can waste a year on being wrong... I hate to do that, cuz we've done it enough, but none of these guys (and that means even Newton) give me a comfort level that we might not be setting ourselves back even further by "wasting" a high pick on some guy that will bust. Newton has 10x the potential that Colt does, but that guy could bust damn hard too. He's a big gamble for an organization that can't afford any more drafting bankruptcy.

As I've said, I have enough doubts about Colt that I'd be fine with taking Newton at 6. Or Kaepernick in the 2nd Round. You HAVE to have a Franchise QB, and I have my doubts about McCoy.

But I'm also not CONVINCED that Colt can't be at least "serviceably franchise", especially in a WCO. If Colt hadn't had that foot injury and had played so poorly, there'd be less doubt that he was going to bust, but I do have some. So I'm not nearly as scared going into 2011 with Colt as I was going into 2009 with the hellish DA/BQ combo.

Heckgren got it right by flushing DA/BQ right away. I'll trust them on this call too, mainly b/c I'm glad I don't have to make it.
hiko

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:28 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:I dont know whether he will boom or bust, but I really hope Cincy doesnt draft Cam.

I can't handle a rehash of this twice a year for however long he plays.

Twice a year would be too much but, every week at least is the correct answer
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:19 pm

hiko wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

Here's what we know:

SD:

Thanks in advance

SoulDawg

SoulDag

Well, since the selection is out of my hands and that I have no idea if it was the foot that hurt Colt at the end, I'm not as overly concerned about whether or not the brass decides to take a QB as some of you guys.

My gut says No, Colt is not physically skilled enough to be a Franchise QB. I think he'll end up Charlie Frye II. I don't make excuses for QB's. But there are so many holes on this roster that I can draft a QB later on as a project and save my early round picks for more pressing needs, because one of the problems with this year's QB's is that there are so many questions.

Are there any franchise QB's in this draft? I'm sure there are. But I don't know which ones. If you're asking me, the only guys worth taking where you can get them would be Newton, Kaepernick, and Ponder. Gabbert, no, Locker, hell no, Dalton, nope, Mallett, not in a million years.

So when you ask if we can waste a year on being wrong... I hate to do that, cuz we've done it enough, but none of these guys (and that means even Newton) give me a comfort level that we might not be setting ourselves back even further by "wasting" a high pick on some guy that will bust. Newton has 10x the potential that Colt does, but that guy could bust damn hard too. He's a big gamble for an organization that can't afford any more drafting bankruptcy.

As I've said, I have enough doubts about Colt that I'd be fine with taking Newton at 6. Or Kaepernick in the 2nd Round. You HAVE to have a Franchise QB, and I have my doubts about McCoy.

But I'm also not CONVINCED that Colt can't be at least "serviceably franchise", especially in a WCO. If Colt hadn't had that foot injury and had played so poorly, there'd be less doubt that he was going to bust, but I do have some. So I'm not nearly as scared going into 2011 with Colt as I was going into 2009 with the hellish DA/BQ combo.

Heckgren got it right by flushing DA/BQ right away. I'll trust them on this call too, mainly b/c I'm glad I don't have to make it.

SD:

Man I'd love to see them snag Kaepernick in the second , be the next best thing to Newton , but I just don't believe he'll clear the gauntlet with so many teams needing QB I expect five to be drafted by the time we pick again in the second and Kap to be one of them.

Curious as to why you detest Locker and loathe Mallet .

My worries about Colt mirror yours , the hype on Colt is too close to the puppy luv shown Charlie Frye ,
and his production doesn't warrant it.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Triple-S wrote:Colt also had no one to throw to, and had his plant foot was messed up because of John St. Clair (who I hate with a passion..overpaid bum) inability to block a single damn person.

Yeah, I'm familiar with this line of reasoning. Because I've heard it in relation to every single sub-standard quarterback that has come through town in 1999.

Quick- someone name a good quarterback that was "ruined" by a mediocre receiving corps.

(Crickets)

What I think is that, for the most part, the quarterback makes the supporting cast more than the other way around. How good would Slaughter, Langhorne and Brennan have been had it been Paul McDonald throwing to them?

For that matter, why, with maybe the best receiving corps in football, did Arizona need Kurt Warner to get them to the Super Bowl? With all those weapons they should have done just fine with Matt Leinart, right?

I don't think you look for reasons not to draft a franchise quarterback. And those reasons include the supporting cast. There's no little bell that goes off, no little voice that tells you, "The supporting cast is ready, you may now draft a quarterback."

And if this team drafts a freaking receiver in round one, Katy bar the door. Once again we'll be playing pussy in a division full of big swinging dicks. Would make me sick if we took Green or Jones.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:23 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:And if this team drafts a freaking receiver in round one, Katy bar the door. Once again we'll be playing pussy in a division full of big swinging dicks. Would make me sick if we took Green or Jones.

How are the Browns supposed to beat Pitt and Balt. then?

Because the teams I've seen beat them in past ran a passing oriented offense. Do you expect the Browns to be successful running the ball, and playing the sort of offense that Mangini had in place against teams who have defenses ranked in the top 5 in Rush-defense?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby hiko » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:27 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:Curious as to why you detest Locker and loathe Mallet .

Locker - DA type accuracy. Will just FUCK some franchise that takes him 1st round.

Mallett - Million dollar arm but a 10 cent head. Oh, and horrible when under pressure, and completely immobile.

Gabbert - Where the fuck this guy come from? Some marketing company's dream. Not that accurate either.

Dalton - Not enough physical tools to get it done (yes, that's my McCoy fear too).

The other 3 (Newton, Kaepernick, Ponder)... you can teach NFL plays, you can't teach athletic ability.
hiko

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:51 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:And if this team drafts a freaking receiver in round one, Katy bar the door. Once again we'll be playing pussy in a division full of big swinging dicks. Would make me sick if we took Green or Jones.

This is where I am right now. I wouldn't say it would make me sick, but WR is the last thing I want at #6.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:14 am

Triple-S wrote:Do you expect the Browns to be successful running the ball, and playing the sort of offense that Mangini had in place against teams who have defenses ranked in the top 5 in Rush-defense?

Actually I'm more concerned about stopping the run- something we're not going to do with the front-seven personnel we currently have.

Our shiny new number-one receiver is going to spend a lot of time on the sidelines watching us give up 200 yards per game on the ground because, in Phil's words, we yet again chose apple pie for dinner instead of meat and potatoes.

Like I said, I'll take a franchise quarterback if he's there. Since he probably won't be there where we're picking, I want defense, defense and more defense- particularly up front. I'm sick of watching this team get pushed around.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:29 am

hermanfontenot wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Do you expect the Browns to be successful running the ball, and playing the sort of offense that Mangini had in place against teams who have defenses ranked in the top 5 in Rush-defense?

Actually I'm more concerned about stopping the run- something we're not going to do with the front-seven personnel we currently have.

Our shiny new number-one receiver is going to spend a lot of time on the sidelines watching us give up 200 yards per game on the ground because, in Phil's words, we yet again chose apple pie for dinner instead of meat and potatoes.

Like I said, I'll take a franchise quarterback if he's there. Since he probably won't be there where we're picking, I want defense, defense and more defense- particularly up front. I'm sick of watching this team get pushed around.

"There's a defense?" - Pat Shurmur, press conference, January 15 2011
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Triple-S wrote:

How are the Browns supposed to beat Pitt and Balt. then?

Because the teams I've seen beat them in past ran a passing oriented offense. Do you expect the Browns to be successful running the ball, and playing the sort of offense that Mangini had in place against teams who have defenses ranked in the top 5 in Rush-defense?

Here's my question to you. Why do the Browns need to conform to what the other teams are doing? Why can't the Browns create a smashmouth football team and go out w/ a strong O line and beat the piss out of the opposing team? If you keep trying to play catch up to what the other guy is doing you're going to remain steps behind. It's time for a Cleveland team to say, "What does the opposing team need to do to stop US"

As has been stated previously, my first pick needs to be on the defensive side of the ball. Having a wide open O means nothing if you can't stop the other team from scoring.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:36 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
hermanfontenot wrote:

"There's a defense?" - Pat Shurmur, press conference, January 15 2011

"Yes Tom."
- Pat Shurmur every day he goes to work.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:53 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm not sure what is YMMV about SSS acting like a 30 second clip of Chuckie proves to him that Cam Newton can't run an NFL offense.

It's not a point, it's a red herring.

Was on a roadie and trying to mod remotely. Other than busting FUDU's nards on NHB'd casue he deserves it, hard to elaborate.

Not trying to lecture or be a joke like that. You know better than to think I would to you and it wouldn't work with you anyway. I think there's those of us who like to throw elbows and those who don't. After a while we know who is who. Just suggesting to all maybe those who do like to virtually rollerball might want to give the civillians a break and think about heeding the old, long-forgotten "attack the post, not the poster" mantra from days gone by in far off galaxies. Anything else just reeks of pulling wings off flies.

Gruden is a knowledgeable source. He has some cred. He also has some wierd aganda given his Shawn King apology. I'da been like all, "But Shawn, you sucked. Stop blaming me. You should shut up and be thankful you were TD's boi and you even got the carrer you did. Hope you invested wisely and put that degree to use." Thus Gruden is what he is. A data point of one credible talking head.

For the record, the whole Colt debate is byond idiotic AFAIC. It is a great big circle jerk and yer like John Cusak holding up the boombox playing Blister in the Sun, except with one hand.

Heckgren has given kid the car keys no matter what anyone wants to say or think. He had his year of driver's ed. This year peeps may want to stomp and shout "no grades on the curve" but F urself. New coach. Little WR talent/experience. Questionable right OL. New system. It may well still look like an inconsistent development year. And the org may well still grade on that curve if there are continuing ups and downs.

This org is 100% committed to kid for 2011. Just go along for the ride. We'll see if they are in 2012, but I bet they give this kid 2 seasons since they seem so vested in him -- pick lsot be damned -- and there is so much that is new. I could be wrong about 2 seasons, but 1 is guaranteed. Not that it matters, being the end of days and all.

Anbd then you heard Holmgren's philosophy on naming a strating QB. Dude is not gonna do the competition-thing. He's just not. Colt will be here as starter; until he's not.

In summation, ur all stupid. Except Hiko. And I am dumber and older for reading all the pro-Colt / anti-Colt takes.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:57 pm

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:I'm not sure what is YMMV about SSS acting like a 30 second clip of Chuckie proves to him that Cam Newton can't run an NFL offense.

It's not a point, it's a red herring.

Anbd then you heard Holmgren's philosophy on naming a strating QB. Dude is not gonna do the competition-thing. He's just not. Colt will be here as starter; until he's not.

SD:

Yeah right.

The same Holmgren who gave Mangy all he deserves, and insisted Colt was gonna redshirt ,
is now the rosetta stone .

check.

and another thang .

Aw fuck it

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:16 pm

SD:

Yeah right.

The same Holmgren who gave Mangy all he deserves, and insisted Colt was gonna redshirt , is now the rosetta stone .

check.

and another thang .

Aw fuck it

SoulDawg

And barring 2 strating QB's ging down with injury, Colt woulda.

Ur point?

That if Colt smells up the joint royal in the fall he'll retroactively draft a quarterback in round one in a week?
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:47 pm

jb wrote:
SD:

Yeah right.

The same Holmgren who gave Mangy all he deserves, and insisted Colt was gonna redshirt , is now the rosetta stone .

check.

and another thang .

Aw fuck it

SoulDawg

Ur point?

That if Colt smells up the joint royal in the fall he'll retroactively draft a quarterback in round one in a week?

SD:

Nope.

Colt was a gimme.

There was nothing else here.

He wasn't even on Heckerts radar after falling all the way to the third round even though he had first day earmarks.

Shurmur didn't pick him , and was working wit the creme della creme last year with Bradford.

You think he' wants to settle for dos after windows 7.

Too many QB's in this draft where Shurmur is not gonna claim dibbs on his own little pet .

Just in case.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:06 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:Too many QB's in this draft where Shurmur is not gonna claim dibbs on his own little pet .

Just in case.

SoulDawg

Browns War Room
Draft Night Thursday April 28, 2011

Pat Shurmur - "I would like to draft a QB, maybe that Kaepernick guy, in this round"

Tom Heckert - "Shut the fuck up, Pat. People are trying to work."

Pat Shurmur - "Make me. Mike was friends with Dad, you know!"

Mike Holmgren overhears - "It's Mr. Holmgren. Who are you again? Damn it Tom!! Who let this kid in here?"
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:29 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Too many QB's in this draft where Shurmur is not gonna claim dibbs on his own little pet .

Just in case.

SoulDawg

Browns War Room

Pat Shurmur - "I would like to draft a QB, maybe that Kaepernick guy, in this round"

Mike Holmgren overhears - "It's Mr. Holmgren. Who are you again? Damn it Tom!! Who let this kid in here?"

SD:

Either that , or Shurmur busts out some double talk mumbo jumbo like Andy Reid did when they drafted Kolb.

This is no reflection on Colt Kap was just somebody we didn't expect to be there and we followed our board.

Then he can pass out suckers to all the media while leading the Front office in another round of kum bah ya in regards to Colt.

He's really our guy ......really lick slobber slurp repeat.

all together now.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:36 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:
SD:

Yeah right.

check.

and another thang .

Aw fuck it

SoulDawg

Ur point?

SD:

Nope.

Colt was a gimme.

He wasn't even on Heckerts radar after falling all the way to the third round even though he had first day earmarks.

Shurmur didn't pick him , and was working wit the creme della creme last year with Bradford.

Too many QB's in this draft where Shurmur is not gonna claim dibbs on his own little pet .

Just in case.

SoulDawg

Let me remidiate this red herring back into th egulf stream of reality.

Colt is The Guy this season. That is set in concrete and has been reiterated ad nauseum by Browns' officials in an absolute party line from Bossin' Up Mike on down. In pipe. Smoke it. Any other line of discussion is mental maturbation. That's not my opinion. That is metaphysically certain reality.

There is enough change going on this season to suggest that in a QB friendly / centric organization Colt will get 2 seasons to show he is worthy of being bestowed as The Guy. This is not certain. This is my opinion. That plus $ 1.29 gets u a breakfast burrito .

Neither of these have dick to do with the likelihood that the Browns will at some point draft a developmental QB to challenge not Colt, but Brown, for spot 3 on the roster on day 2 or 3. Then we'll see about year 3 in 2013. That's what Boss Mike do.

What will not happen is a QB drafted in round one this draft to challenge Colt as The Guy.

Carry on with the nonsense. I no longer give 2 shits about the two cotten heads or Blakie Blake Jake. Those 4 are someone elses issue. They won't be in Cleveland. I also no longer give two shits about Colt's arm strangth. What will be will be and will be revealed in time.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:43 am

mattvan1 wrote:

Just in case.

SoulDawg

Browns War Room

^^^^

About right, cept I give our new HC more credit than that. He comes off as a smart man. Doubt he speaks up unless asked. More I lsiten to Keckert and see his body language, more I get the impression he in HMFIC. makes sense as he took a lateral to come from Philly where Reid was HMFIC.
jb

Unread postby hiko » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 am

jb wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Just in case.

SoulDawg

Browns War Room

^^^^

About right, cept I give our new HC more credit than that. He comes off as a smart man. Doubt he speaks up unless asked. More I lsiten to Keckert and see his body language, more I get the impression he in HMFIC. makes sense as he took a lateral to come from Philly where Reid was HMFIC.

Yeah, that was no lateral, else he wouldn't have taken it. He may not be HMFIC quite yet, but he's definitely HMFITraining. He was never gonna be HMFIC in Philly.
hiko

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:54 am

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:
SD:

Yeah right.

check.

and another thang .

Aw fuck it

SoulDawg

Ur point?

SD:

Nope.

Colt was a gimme.

Just in case.

SoulDawg

Let me remidiate this red herring back into th egulf stream of reality.

Colt is The Guy this season. That is set in concrete and has been reiterated ad nauseum by Browns' officials in an absolute party line from Bossin' Up Mike on down. In pipe. Smoke it. Any other line of discussion is mental maturbation. That's not my opinion. That is metaphysically certain reality.

There is enough change going on this season to suggest that in a QB friendly / centric organization Colt will get 2 seasons to show he is worthy of being bestowed as The Guy. This is not certain. This is my opinion. That plus $ 1.29 gets u a breakfast burrito .

Neither of these have dick to do with the likelihood that the Browns will at some point draft a developmental QB to challenge not Colt, but Brown, for spot 3 on the roster on day 2 or 3. Then we'll see about year 3 in 2013. That's what Boss Mike do.

What will not happen is a QB drafted in round one this draft to challenge Colt as The Guy.

Carry on with the nonsense. I no longer give 2 shits about the two cotten heads or Blakie Blake Jake. Those 4 are someone elses issue. They won't be in Cleveland. I also no longer give two shits about Colt's arm strangth. What will be will be and will be revealed in time.

SD:

Little early for you to go melty , so maybe your just getting a head start.

Holmgrens own words , we will pick a QB in this draft .

Now if you want to believe Shurmur will have no input in that discussion or choice.

You don't see me going spastic because you want to believe in Santa Claus and the tooth Fairy or your engaging in delusions that your old wrinkled ass is more than 39 years old ...

So quit hatin.

This is bidness .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:04 am

hiko wrote:
jb wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Just in case.

SoulDawg

Browns War Room

^^^^

Yeah, that was no lateral, else he wouldn't have taken it. He may not be HMFIC quite yet, but he's definitely HMFITraining. He was never gonna be HMFIC in Philly.

SD:

Couple things to his credit , IMO Heckert talked homie off the ledge when Mike wanted to go Ditka redux for Bradford .

Then he traded up for a RB with a dubious history keeping Homie on hold in round two where he would have most assuredly pulled the trigger on Colt correctly telling him to chill because he'd still be there in the third.

Ballsy if not smart in that it didn't all work out , but it showed me enough that he has more power than you'd think
while Homie wields the title of overall Godfather.

Definitely Consigliere and not a flunky Capo

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:45 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
SD:

Now if you want to believe Shurmur will have no input in that discussion or choice.

You don't see me going spastic because you want to believe in Santa Claus and the tooth Fairy or your engaging in delusions that your old wrinkled ass is more than 39 years old ...

So quit hatin.

This is bidness .

SoulDawg

When u back yourself into a corner and stop thinking and start making this about perceived ego or whatever, I really don't think you could be any worse at reading the obvious clues sometimes.

Have the thread. Start another (as you did) . I ain't melty or mad atcha. But you high as fuck if you disagree with anything I just wrote about the state of the Browns' QB situtaion.

Carry on with your boolshit. I'm sure you'll troll in some rubes. I ain't one.

Sides, wtf happened to ur sanity when you said Quinn is the guy?
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:20 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
SD:

So quit hatin.

This is bidness .

SoulDawg

When u back yourself into a corner and stop thinking and start making this about perceived ego or whatever, I really don't think you could be any worse at reading the obvious clues sometimes.

Have the thread. Start another (as you did) . I ain't melty or mad atcha. But you high as fuck if you disagree with anything I just wrote about the state of the Browns' QB situtaion.

Carry on with your boolshit. I'm sure you'll troll in some rubes. I ain't one.

Sides, wtf happened to ur sanity when you said Quinn is the guy?

SD:

Not sure why your menstruating over my every reply , like I got some power to change this draft .

Keep in mind this is a message board , until the hammer drops one week from now everything is in play and not much can be rulled out , although you can reduce some things to .........Yeah right .

Remember you started this .

"""One & Only Official Cam Newton Discussion Thread
by jb » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 am

This is a place holder to be completed at aproximately 9:30 am EST on 1/14/11 cause like I have to work now.

Ran L 8, I am now ready.

Since when did it become a rule that a college QB had to be absolutely, positively, NFL ready in order to draft him n the top third of the draft ? I am guessing when the slary cap made it an imperative for this kid to play right away, and fans went from patient to the SD view of the world. That is to say, I WANT AN OOMPA LOOPA AND I WANT IT NOW!

Well kids, the CBA as you knew it that excluded a rookie salary scale is now dead. DEAD I TELL YOU (see my bseball bat I'm waiving?) The rules have changed. This draft will probbaly occur, but no signings until a new CBA is in place. A rookie salary cap is one of two hills the owners will die on (18 game RS is the other) .

So you draft Cam Newton at 6 overall as the Browns. here's why.

hve you seen the kid play over a body of his regual season?

Duh.

For most, this would be good enough. But Peeker's bllod supply to his brain has been earratic as of late, so I continue.

The rookie cap and the overall suckitude of the Browns not having a high cap number mens you can carry and start McCoy and his 3rd round money for the next season, maybe even the season after in my opinion. This allows Cam to learn the NFL in the same manner that ne Steve Mcnair did when he went 4th overall and was similarly steak tartar as far as being Sunday ready. All he did was have a borderline HOF career.

You play Colt next season and the season after that. Then you know for sure whether he is lightening in a bottle or Eric Zeier. Meanwhile, Cam abides. Learns. get's ready.

If Colt is the shizznit you play Cam in mop up roles where he can look like god sham god. With his skills, grooming, and teams' desperations, I guarantee cam nets you two first round draft choices, just at the time we are gonna have our team fecal matter together to make a run if Patches and Heckert are what Walrus hopes they are.

If Colt is meh, feh, or blows, you have your franchise QB ready to go. You aren't back to the drawing board, hoping.

Cam's stats are really solid. Despite rust and yips in the BCS bowl, Cam has a pretty nice throwing motion. It isn't some BS crank up or hard side arm. His comletion percentage was damn good, and except for the BCS game he's shown he's pretty accurate, esp given his other gifts. Cam Newton isn't ready to play right away by any stretch, but he is a once in a lifetime talent and he is a winner, big time. He's Big Jen who runs about 1.0 faster in the 40.

Lastly, I can do this yet again, but the Browns are heded for a reboot and rebuild yet again. The D must be rebuilt and coached up. The O needs to learn a new system and retool to fit the WCO. I hope those of you pissing and moaning about close losses and 5 - 11 this year STFU when we look like an expansion team going 2 - 14 next season, if there is a next season, casue it is coming as sure as I'm typing this.

Now is the perfect time to do this and build the foundation. cam or no Cam, it's gonna take 3 seasons to be any good at all, minimum. May as well buy the stock with the highest upside.""""

SD:

Too bad you don't have the sand to stand by your own convictions .

No need to play the chaste virgin now , we got pictures.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:36 pm

I know. You can't quote me and use it in the context.

Can you get it thru yer Sarah Bellum that in no way am I sayin' they SHOULDN'T draft Cam? I'm sayin' they WON'T. Mostly csue he's gonna be off the board now. When i wrote that, Cam was slotted about 11.

That shit too esoteric?

The rest is another thread. And since it is a complete waste of time, you can have it.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:22 pm

jb wrote:I know. You can't quote me and use it in the context.

Can you get it thru yer Sarah Bellum that in no way am I sayin' they SHOULDN'T draft Cam? I'm sayin' they WON'T. Mostly csue he's gonna be off the board now. When i wrote that, Cam was slotted about 11.

That shit too esoteric?

The rest is another thread. And since it is a complete waste of time, you can have it.

SD:

You were right in your belief then , because it was an instinctive reply , but few have the courage to march to their own drummer and not succumb to the siren call of the lemmings and conformity to the herd because its just so much easier to just keep your head down and fit in

Your boys worked you over and you back pedaled ..

That it most likely won't happen is a far cry from if it should or not.

or caving to the pressure to follow the herd wile losing yourself in the process.

YMMV

SoulDawg

Carry on.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:44 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:

That shit too esoteric?

SD:

You were right in your belief then , because it was an instinctive reply , but few have the courage to march to their own drummer and not succumb to the siren call of the lemmings and conformity to the herd because its just so much easier to just keep your head down and fit in

or caving to the pressure to follow the herd wile losing yourself in the process.

YMMV

SoulDawg

Oh piss off, wanna be Marlboro man. When they pass on Locker I am giving you shit for the rest of the year for being a dildo.

Cam won't be there. End o issue. Plus he a bubble head. A Black Cryin' Leaf.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:51 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

That shit too esoteric?

SD:

YMMV

SoulDawg

Oh piss off, wanna be Marlboro man. When they pass on Locker I am giving you shit for the rest of the year for being a dildo.

Cam won't be there. End o issue. Plus he a bubble head. A Black Cryin' Leaf.

SD:

Thats the best you can three days after you said you were thru with this post is to come back at me like a 12 year school girl threating to scratch my eyes out .

You bi polar imbecile.

Learn to take your asswhuppins like a man instead of a petulant whinny melty little beeyatch .

You caved like a ho , you couldn't handle the pressure

live with it , bath in self pity for you self , but do so quietly out of sight of the rest of the men .

Don't front and even act like you want none of me, and save yourself a whole heap of pain.

Your response was just absolutely fuckin pitiful .

Climb back in that bottle and get some more courage to play the fool.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL