Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Banks Don't Know Cleveland

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Banks Don't Know Cleveland

Unread postby Guest » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:09 pm

An excerpt from Don Banks, writer for CNNSI:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/trades/1.html

A league source told me the Browns "are locked in'' on taking Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn in their No. 3 slot. Cleveland will bypass Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, even though the Browns signed ex-Ravens rusher Jamal Lewis to just a one-year deal.

While Cleveland owner Randy Lerner has been in favor of Quinn for a while now, Browns general manager Phil Savage is now said to be firmly on board with the pick, even though he and head coach Romeo Crennel are entering a potentially pivotal third season running the organization. In some ways, drafting Quinn, a rookie franchise quarterback, buys Savage and Crennel more time to turn around the Browns' flagging fortunes.

While the Browns drafting Quinn may very well come true, I must call bullshit to this part:

In some ways, drafting Quinn, a rookie franchise quarterback, buys Savage and Crennel more time to turn around the Browns' flagging fortunes.

Wrong. Incorrect. False. Romeo should thank his lucky star-shaped burgers that he's even getting a 3rd season. A team is not a QB alone. Rex Grossman went to the Superbowl last year. Drafting Brady Quinn or JaMarcus Russell gives NO ONE a free pass.

Either improve the team considerably NOW - THIS YEAR - or start reserving tee times.

Unread postby Kuiper » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:39 pm

I guess it's Banks' "league" source v. Swerb's source (who insists that Quinn is a smokescreen). You ever wonder who these "league" sources are and why they know so much about an individual team's draft board?
Kuiper

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL