Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Quinn vs. Leinhart...........

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Quinn vs. Leinhart...........

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:46 pm

............ or even J Russell. Whom would you rate higher if they would hypothetically have come out the same year..this year?

1. Leinhart

2. Russell

3. Quinn

........and Leinhart dropped to ?
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:57 pm

Me personally, I think most teams would have Leinart 3rd on their QB boards has he stayed in school and come out this season with JMR and BQ.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:05 pm

Swerbie you may be right, but they would be wrong.
pod2dawg

Unread postby Guest » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:31 am

1. JaMarcus Russell
2. Tie - Brady Quinn, Matt Leinart

Having Leinart on my fantasy team, I watched almost all of his games. Even with all the offensive weapons that Arizona has, he was mediocre. Some of that has to do with the Cardinals' outhouse line, but it was the same line behind which Kurt Warner was putting up gaudy stats the first few weeks.

I think Leinart will be solid, but not all that. I think the same thing about Quinn. Russell is the only one of the three with the potential to be special.

Unread postby furls » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:06 am

For me:

1.) BQ
2.) Leinart
3.) JMR
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:58 am

Furls, I may be reading into things ... but I'm starting to get the impression you don't like JaMarcus Russell.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pod2dawg » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:01 pm

Leinart just reminds me of a bigger stronger left handed Drew Brees............& no I'm neither related to nor dating Leinart.

i'll eat crow & enjoy it if either JMR or BQ ends up wearing that beautiful bland orange head gear & hits it big......yearly mantra.
pod2dawg

Unread postby furls » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:29 pm

Furls, I may be reading into things ... but I'm starting to get the impression you don't like JaMarcus Russell.

Don't get me wrong, he has potential (obviously), but he has a very high "variance." Frankly, I am not sure if he will reach his full Culpepper potential (yuck) or if he will bear a striking resemblance to C.C. Sabathia.

I would be extremely concerned about a guy who comes to the combine 15 lbs overweight. People only become a more magnified version of themselves once you put a ton of money in their hands (why do you think there are so many rich ASSHOLES in the world?)

Russell has put on 45LBS since he was recruited. If he were an OLineman, I would think that is great, but he is a quarterback, and he is still growing. Russell was listed at 220 when he signed with LSU and was listed at 236 as a Sophomore, that means he has put on another 30 lbs? This is not concerning? This above all things is what concerns me. You can coach up a hardworker with less tools, this trend leads me to believe that Russell is not a member of the "hardworking" group.

The talent advantage is much less pronounced in the NFL. Talent alone is not enough, the guys who excel are talented and hardworking (those are the guy you want), and I tend to think that Quinn is more likely to be in that group. I despise ND and it is hard for me to hope for a ND QB, but if I have to take one, he is the one I would rather have.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby BadBecks » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:15 am

Might as well lump them all in one right???

If we were to combine last year's and this year's QB crops I would put it in this order...

1. Young
2. Russell
3. Leinhart
4. Quinn
5. Cutler

Of course its hard to rate Leinhart and Cutler given that they are both in talented offenses right now...oh well. Either way the Browns need a fucking QB pronto and shout take either Russell or Quinn pronto.
"Don't Hassle Me...I'm a Local" - Bob Wiley (shirt)
BadBecks
Kid Cleveland

Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL