Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Eric Wright article on Fox

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Eric Wright article on Fox

Unread postby yogi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:00 am

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Browns-cornerback-Wright-not-affected-by-wrongs-22699219

Interesting read.

I wonder how much better he'll play once our heavy hitting rookie SS knows where to be.

We need all of them to play better as a unit.

And I know we'll all be watching. Here's to keeping an open mind instead of looking for a scapegoat everytime something bad happens.
:hide:
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Re: Eric Wright article on Fox

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:26 am

Meh... Guy admits he's had a bad year. Not sure we're dicks for saying it first or more often. ;-) ;) :wink:

Not to mention the fact vets are supposed to make life easier for rookies. My issue with Wright was always the fact that he was a cocky, arrogant, douchebag. This has humbled him and I'm glad it has. It'll serve him well.

And I'm lso glad that Mangini (at least publicly) says it's not a laziness/work ethic issue.

Eric Wright can't just throw the pads on and go out and shut guys down. He needs to keep getting better too. Glad to hear he gets that.

Thanks for posting it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby yogi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:36 am

Peek, not trying to defend he is having a bad year, he is.

But on the gameday thread everything that went wrong was EZ's fault. Nothing objective ever.

It seems every year we have a dog or 2 that is everything wrong with Browns football.

Some years its not entirely deserved (see Lomas Brown, Roman Oben) and I dont want to see a CB that has some talent run out of town and be good else where. (again)
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:55 am

yogi wrote:Peek, not trying to defend he is having a bad year, he is.

But on the gameday thread everything that went wrong was EZ's fault. Nothing objective ever.

It seems every year we have a dog or 2 that is everything wrong with Browns football.

Some years its not entirely deserved (see Lomas Brown, Roman Oben) and I dont want to see a CB that has some talent run out of town and be good else where. (again)

I hear ya. I actually went out of my Sunday night to make sure people didn't think I was blaming Wright. I don't like him but I was fine with his effort Sunday.

Gamethreads are gamethreads. You should check a Tribe thread or two to see the height of idiocy. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm

My biggest issue with Wright has always been that he is a professional DB and he couldn't tackle me even if I Kaiser Sozed his family.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:44 pm

peeker643 wrote:
yogi wrote:Peek, not trying to defend he is having a bad year, he is.

I hear ya. I actually went out of my Sunday night to make sure people didn't think I was blaming Wright. I don't like him but I was fine with his effort Sunday.

Gamethreads are gamethreads. You should check a Tribe thread or two to see the height of idiocy. ;-) ;) :wink:

Game threads are seriously trash. They should be deleted within 3 hours of said game IMO and a new thread started on Monday to actually have ration thoughts expressed.

I'm halfway joking here, but Peek's right, there are no game threads with value. Doesn't matter what team what sport.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:31 pm

Now that John St. Clair is back, im not sure who to make the scapegoat, going forward. Choices, choices...
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL