Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Now it begins.

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Now it begins.

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:22 pm

After a few weeks of ironing out some early season issues, and then winning some games in the toughest span on our schedule, we now know who we are and what we CAN do. With a let up in our schedule for the next 5 weeks this is when we grow by proving we can beat teams that we are "supposed" to beat. No reason we shouldn't go 3-2 in this span, and as long as each week there is the same kind of effort we've seen so far, and maybe even improvement, we can really build on what we've started.

The catch is now teams will be ready for us, we're not sneaking up on anyone for the remainder of this season, BUT with our two most recent losses we should be very hungry.

Plus the Bills got off the snide which takes a load of pressure off of us and anyone who plays them from here on out, don't laugh it's true, that would have been a dangerous game if the Bills were still winless.

I see 4 more wins if not 5 before it is all over.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Now it begins.

Unread postby mistero » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Win these 5. One game at a time. Maximum effort. Than we have 2 at home versus the two teams we can leap frog for the division. It is possible....barely.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:27 pm

I am very cautious as a Browns fan to say "supposed to win" to many games on the schedule. Don't get me wrong, I am as excited and optimistic as I have been in some time. But I just remember that this team was picked by numerous NFL prognosticators to be the worst team in the NFL. We still don't have any WRs. We do have a rookie QB (I love him), some banged up dudes, no LB or DB that is a dominant player, etc...

We have won some games out of sheer will. We have won some games with some good gameplanning. We have won some games with smoke and mirrors. We have won some games on some breaks. And possibly because we were taken lightly.

When you say "supposed to win," to me that means on paper. When I look at our team on paper, we aren't very scary. Yes, we will likely win some games. But they're aren't many slouches running around in the NFL. We will win some games because of the same reasons I have already mentioned.

And as some of you have mentioned, we have won games because we have taken them one at a time. We have to.

Go Browns!!
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:33 pm

OldDawg wrote:We have won some games out of sheer will. We have won some games with some good gameplanning. We have won some games with smoke and mirrors. We have won some games on some breaks. And possibly because we were taken lightly.

Weird, I knew that they've been playing great, I just didnt realize the Browns had so many wins.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby DrPoove » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:34 pm

4-1 in the next 5, split against the Ratbirds and Inbred.

Not unreasonable, IMHO.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:23 pm

The last four games have been fun, but, uh, yeah. Chalk me as 'Winston Wolf'.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby mistero » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:28 pm

The best thing about this team...well the two best things. This team doeesn't need any players. Let all the starters get hurt. Bring in scrubs. This team right now is scheme. Just like the plug and play Pats and Steelers. Scheme. Scheme is Bullet Proof.

That and Colt McCoy is the real fucking deal.

We have turned the corner. Embrace and climb on board.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:10 am

Worried about the injuries. Fujita and Cribbs are important. Yates for that matter too. It will be interesting to see what Luvao brings. Good to hear talk of "games they should win". Not sure if it's true. Yet.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:20 am

With Cribbs out at least we won't waste any plays in the red zone with the Housecat

There were two ignorany coaching decisions in the first half vs the Jets.

The first was putting Cribbs behind center in that clusterfuck of a useless formation and depriving McCoy of a play after guiding the team down the field

The other was the onside kick. Despite holding them to a FG, it set the tone for the terrible field position the Browns had the entire game

Hillis needs to quit fumbling. Two games in a row in the first qtr is not good

If anyone should get cut its Robiskie for that pussy-assed attempt at recovering Stuckey's fumble...he's more of a wasted roster spot than Wright

..and someone needs to tell Stuckey if he's fortunate enuff to have a pass thrown at him and he catches it, just fall to the ground like a good little bitch
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:52 am

There were two ignorany coaching decisions in the first half vs the Jets.

The first was putting Cribbs behind center in that clusterfuck of a useless formation and depriving McCoy of a play after guiding the team down the field

The other was the onside kick. Despite holding them to a FG, it set the tone for the terrible field position the Browns had the entire game

I would also add the whole sequence after the Cribbs catch and run to the 4 yd line.

First down, hand-off to Hills to the 2 (good)
Second down, Colt in shotgun, pass to Hills in the flat, for a loss of a few yds (bad)
Third down, Colt incomplete to Moore (bad)

If we have the ball on a 1st and goal from the 4, you give it to Hillis 3 straight times. I dont care if we are playing the Jets or the fucking Steel Curtain...#40 can get 4 yds in 3 tries. Terrible play calling by Daboll there.
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:23 pm

mistero wrote:This team doeesn't need any players. Let all the starters get hurt. Bring in scrubs. This team right now is scheme. Just like the plug and play Pats and Steelers. Scheme. Scheme is Bullet Proof.

I guess your comments are tongue-in-cheek, because scheme is never bullet proof, especially without playmakers. Scheme works for the teams you mention because they have guys who can ball - and so do we, to a point. But eventually other teams are going to figure things out, especially their D against our O. Love Colt and what he brings, but I think these next 5 are not quite the cakewalk that some believe. I'll be ecstatic going 3-2.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:37 pm

FUDU wrote:After a few weeks of ironing out some early season issues, and then winning some games in the toughest span on our schedule, we now know who we are and what we CAN do. With a let up in our schedule for the next 5 weeks this is when we grow by proving we can beat teams that we are "supposed" to beat. No reason we shouldn't go 3-2 in this span, and as long as each week there is the same kind of effort we've seen so far, and maybe even improvement, we can really build on what we've started.

The catch is now teams will be ready for us, we're not sneaking up on anyone for the remainder of this season, BUT with our two most recent losses we should be very hungry.

Plus the Bills got off the snide which takes a load of pressure off of us and anyone who plays them from here on out, don't laugh it's true, that would have been a dangerous game if the Bills were still winless.

I know you put it in quotes, but I agree with some of the comments below, there are very, very few teams, IMO, that you could honestly say the Browns "should" beat.

These next five are against teams that we CAN beat, if we play really well and the coaches keep bringing their A-game.

But the injuries are starting to mount, and 4 of these next 5 are on the road.

This will be the best team we play up until week 16, getting over this hump will be a nice springboard into the next 2 vs wounded Carolina and Miami teams.
Last edited by JCoz on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Magic Brownies » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:59 pm

I agree........ I'll be happy with 3-2 over the next 5. I think we have proven that we "CAN" beat anyone. Not one team is an automatic loss on our schedule anymore.

Let's get back to winning this week!! I'll be there at the game in Section 131. Last time we were down in Jacksonville, (2008) I swear 50% of the stadium was brown and orange. Here's hoping we get the win :cheers:
Magic Brownies

Favorite Player: Run for the Hillis
Least Favorite Player: Rapistberger

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:36 pm

JCoz wrote:
FUDU wrote:After a few weeks of ironing out some early season issues, and then winning some games in the toughest span on our schedule, we now know who we are and what we CAN do. With a let up in our schedule for the next 5 weeks this is when we grow by proving we can beat teams that we are "supposed" to beat. No reason we shouldn't go 3-2 in this span, and as long as each week there is the same kind of effort we've seen so far, and maybe even improvement, we can really build on what we've started.

I know you put it in quotes, but I agree with some of the comments below, there are very, very few teams, IMO, that you could honestly say the Browns "should" beat.

These next five are against teams that we CAN beat, if we play really well and the coaches keep bringing their A-game.

But the injuries are starting to mount, and 4 of these next 5 are on the road.

This will be the best team we play up until week 16, getting over this hump will be a nice springboard into the next 2 vs wounded Carolina and Miami teams.
I disagree. If you've been watching this team since week 1 till week 10 you can see it, (not on paper of course) but on the field and on the sidelines. Don't judge em by their record, judge em by how they play the game in an aggressive manner and how they never give up, along with the guys that ARE making plays for them. The combination of those guys, with the coaching up our staff has been doing has made us a legit team. Then add in how we have more than competed against the teams that were billed as the leagues finest, and you have a team in the Browns that should beat a couple if not a few of their up coming opponents. I'd bet most would think differently if we were 6-3 instead of 3-6, as we EASILY could be.

Note, I am not suggesting these next 5 weeks will be easy and any wins we get will be blow outs, I'm merely saying when looking at who we are playing (along with HOW WE are playing) it is lining up nicely right now.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL