Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Weekend Wrap

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Weekend Wrap

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:46 am

Bear with me, this is long, so I split it into two parts as most wont care about the 2nd part in the Browns forum. Feel free to skip it entirely.

Part one
Gotta say Peek, you were really echoing my thoughts on this weekend.

I was going to call it the ultimate fingertip game, as I cant remember so many things that went the other way that were right on the fingertips of either team. The missed sacks, stuckeys fumble, Elam's missed int, the missed tackles at the end, Folks missed FG's, and several throws by both Colt and Mark...this weeks game was tough on my heart.

I thought we won and lost the game about a 100 times. In the end I was sick but still stoked, disappointed but still proud.

I ain't mad at em this morning. I am really excited about the upcoming games. As in really excited to see the 2nd half of the season when we have a near 0% chance of going to the playoffs. Not because I'm a shill, but because that is what this team has earned.

When is the last time a Browns team earned their attention from the fans? Demanded it with their play on the field...

Part 2
But more to you really hitting the right spot, was your comparison to the buckeyes.

First, even before the game, leading up to the weekend, for the first time EVER, the buckeyes took a backseat to the Browns, and I'm not talking the back of a civic, more like the back of a huge bus. Saturday morning I was thinking about the Browns game.

That was before the game.

Then watching the buckeyes once again come out of the bye flat footed (Tress is something like 2-4 off the bye), well I'm not going to recap the game, but I thought the game sucked. Maybe the most unsatisfying win over PSU I have witnessed. I blasted JB a couple weeks ago about him saying the team had no heart, but I have to recoil on that position since watching this Browns team play the way they have. Besides Boom and Boren, I'm not sure you can say they have much heart. Not comparatively.

Point being that everyone on this board knows how I feel about the buckeyes, but I couldn't help but look at the buckeyes for what they didn't have compared to the Browns this season. Things can change quickly in this business, so I wont make any sweeping assumptions or conclusions.

Suffices to say that for the first time I can ever remember, the Browns have/are making the buckeyes, and a top 10 buckeyes team no less - look bad. Its hard to watch those two teams back to back without seeing the stark contrasts this week.

It is seriously a bizarre feeling for me to experience.

Go Browns.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Weekend Wrap

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 pm

I very much agree with both of you.

Whether the FO or the play on the field, the past 7-8 years have been hard to justify as more of a motivation to watch over the solid you always know what you're gonna get program at OSU.

With OSU you knew/know you are going to get solid, good football and be in the hunt for a title virtually every season, with the Browns it has been the exact opposite of the spectrum, until now.

This team, and what the FO is finally doing is so easy to get behind, that is why IMO yesterday's loss to the Jets doesn't phase me. I'm disappointed we didn't win, but for the first time since the return I feel like we have a true metering stick and know where we stand amongst the other NFL teams.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:59 pm

The ultimate sign that the Browns are relevant again is the fact that they are now on TV in Columbus over Cincinnati games. The season started out favoring the Bengals being on TV and now it has been Browns the last two times they have been playing at the same time.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:27 pm

I just like the Browns more than the Buckeyes, myself.

The Browns are my team of teams.

I know I'm not the only one, either. :cheers:

This is the Cleveland Fan... and the Browns are the sporting soul of this town.

Always have been, always will be.

It isn't so much about the Bucks. People would be saying the same thing about the Cavaliers LeIso'ing their way to a dulsatory win over the Clippers versus this Browns team.

A team that was 3-5 going into Sunday.

I guess we just love our Browns that much.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:40 am

hermanfontenot wrote:I just like the Browns more than the Buckeyes, myself.

I am with you. Having grown up in northeast OH and going to pretty much all the Browns games, I am hooked. When I was little, OSU wasn't on every week like they are now.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:26 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:I just like the Browns more than the Buckeyes, myself.

This is the Cleveland Fan... and the Browns are the sporting soul of this town.

Always have been, always will be.

It isn't so much about the Bucks. People would be saying the same thing about the Cavaliers LeIso'ing their way to a dulsatory win over the Clippers versus this Browns team.

A team that was 3-5 going into Sunday.

I guess we just love our Browns that much.

Huzzah!
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL