Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Very challenging test

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Very challenging test

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Name a worse WR corps, at any other time, on any other team, in the history of professional football:

Mohamed Massaquoi
Josh Cribbs
Brian Robiskie
Chansi Stuckey
Demetrius Williams
Carlton Mitchell
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Very challenging test

Unread postby mitch » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Perspective.

I'm bummed that the Browns didn't win, or force the tie.

Bottom line is that this is an amazing team for doing so much with so little when it comes to playmakers; as FMB points out so well.

After watching five straight games against Super Bowl contenders, I have to say that the Jets are the best team right now.

And the Browns punched them in the mouth.

Fujita: Out

Sheldon Brown: Out

Josh Cribbs: Out

Two drives taking 18 total minutes out of the second half yields all of three points.

And Colt Freaking McCoy leads the Browns for their first final 2:00 minute touchdown in about the last five years.

Wish we would have done better, but I'm still stoked about this team and the direction they are now going.

Now Heckgrem needs to go out and find a legitimate WR.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby yogi » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:23 pm

mitch wrote:Perspective.

I'm bummed that the Browns didn't win, or force the tie.

Bottom line is that this is an amazing team for doing so much with so little when it comes to playmakers; as FMB points out so well.

After watching five straight games against Super Bowl contenders, I have to say that the Jets are the best team right now.

And the Browns punched them in the mouth.

Fujita: Out

Sheldon Brown: Out

Josh Cribbs: Out

Two drives taking 18 total minutes out of the second half yields all of three points.

And Colt Freaking McCoy leads the Browns for their first final 2:00 minute touchdown in about the last five years.

Wish we would have done better, but I'm still stoked about this team and the direction they are now going.

Now Heckgrem needs to go out and find a legitimate WR.

+1.

We are close. Overall you can se the players Mangini wants to coach. Tough, smart, good character.

Well, we need some speed.

We need a homerun hitter WR
We need another CB & S. We need a pass rushing LB. Another tough DE.

We need Hardesty to get healthy or another good option to give Peyton a breather. His playing style would be enhanced if he played every other series.

We get most of those things in the off season. Watch out! We wont just kick the playoff door down, but will be serious comp for a SB Berth.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby papacass » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Still, I'd like to see Mangini and his staff coach these guys up on knowing when to get out of bounds and knowing when to fight for the extra few yards.

Everyone on this team wants to run like Peyton Hillis. I appreciate the aggressive style, but Stuckey could have been spared the goat horns by not fighting for the extra few yards that could have been picked up on the next play. They were already well on their way to Dawson's FG range.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:56 pm

papacass wrote:Still, I'd like to see Mangini and his staff coach these guys up on knowing when to get out of bounds and knowing when to fight for the extra few yards.

Everyone on this team wants to run like Peyton Hillis. I appreciate the aggressive style, but Stuckey could have been spared the goat horns by not fighting for the extra few yards that could have been picked up on the next play. They were already well on their way to Dawson's FG range.

He had more reason to step OB than to pick a fight with 3 defensive players...and speaking of fumbles, Hillis should start sleeping/driving with a ball in his hands

Thats two weeks in a row he's fumbled in the 1st qtr
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby statmasta » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Name a worse WR corps, at any other time, on any other team, in the history of professional football:

Mohamed Massaquoi
Josh Cribbs
Brian Robiskie
Chansi Stuckey
Demetrius Williams
Carlton Mitchell

Year: 2010

Team: St. Louis Rams

Brandon Gibson
Danny Amendola
Laurent Robinson
Mardy Gilyard
Danario Alexander
Dominique Curry
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:08 am

statmasta wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Name a worse WR corps, at any other time, on any other team, in the history of professional football:

Mohamed Massaquoi
Josh Cribbs
Brian Robiskie
Chansi Stuckey
Demetrius Williams
Carlton Mitchell

Brandon Gibson
Danny Amendola
Laurent Robinson
Mardy Gilyard
Danario Alexander
Dominique Curry

Wrong. Based on the fact Danny Mendola has more receptions and touchdowns than the Browns entire corps.

They better make a loud announcement when they release Robiskie, otherwise, who the hell would notice?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby statmasta » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:17 am

leadpipe wrote:
statmasta wrote:

Mohamed Massaquoi
Josh Cribbs
Brian Robiskie
Chansi Stuckey
Demetrius Williams
Carlton Mitchell

Brandon Gibson
Danny Amendola
Laurent Robinson
Mardy Gilyard
Danario Alexander
Dominique Curry

Wrong. Based on the fact Danny Mendola has more receptions and touchdowns than the Browns entire corps.

They better make a loud announcement when they release Robiskie, otherwise, who the hell would notice?

Sam Bradford throws the ball 37 times a game. He should have a ton more receptions.

But that group still seems slightly less talented. But it's pretty darn close.
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:16 am

Why would Bradford throw so much when they have a top RB in Steven Jackson? Maybe because he has people to throw to? Or at least people to throw to better than the Browns?

How about the 1992 Seattle Seahawks? Leading receiver was FB John L. Williams with 74 catches. Next best -- WR Tommy Kane with 27. That was one less than his age. 28-year-old WR Louis Clark caught 20 passes. 27-year-old Brian Blades caught 19. Apparently he got hurt that year because he only played six games. Some WR named Doug Thomas caught 8.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL