Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

NFL.COM Article on Colt

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

NFL.COM Article on Colt

Unread postby yogi » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:30 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c0a8b1/article/the-real-mccoy-browns-believe-they-have-their-qb-of-future?module=HP_cp2

Very nice read on Colt by Vic Carucci. He gives us a little more insight to Colt and thethings that make him successful at QB. Delhomme is a McCoy fan.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Re: NFL.COM Article on Colt

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

That punching the steering wheel because they missed a pass in practice story reminds me of the way Colt reacted when Gruden was showing him some film of his mistakes in that pre-draft ESPN special.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby mitch » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:19 pm

I like seeing that stuff about Delhomme as well. Always liked him as a classy individual when he was down here in Carolina...even when he was sucking.

I really like how he appears to be mentoring Colt. Delhomme may not have the physical skills anymore, but his experience is immense, and it's a great gift to pass on to Colt.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:28 pm

mitch wrote:I like seeing that stuff about Delhomme as well. Always liked him as a classy individual when he was down here in Carolina...even when he was sucking.

I really like how he appears to be mentoring Colt. Delhomme may not have the physical skills anymore, but his experience is immense, and it's a great gift to pass on to Colt.

$14m is either waaaayy too much to pay for a baby sitter for your potential franchise QB or it's quite a bargain if he mentors a 10 yr starter.

Time will tell.

What you speak of is why the signing (with someone else's money) didn't bother me in the first place.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby JCoz » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:12 am

peeker643 wrote:
mitch wrote:I like seeing that stuff about Delhomme as well. Always liked him as a classy individual when he was down here in Carolina...even when he was sucking.

$14m is either waaaayy too much to pay for a baby sitter for your potential franchise QB or it's quite a bargain if he mentors a 10 yr starter.

Time will tell.

What you speak of is why the signing (with someone else's money) didn't bother me in the first place.

There is something to be said about a guy you can bring in that can handle losing with out rocking the boat and still contribute to the team in some sort of positive way. By that I mean both games and his job, and they understood both when they brought him in.

This as opposed to a guy wanting to take his shot at starting. There really wasn't a dearth of those types of players around the league, particularly ones who played in SB's.

This signing was strategically made from the start.

Colt McCoy....

-Preparation freak
-perfectionist
-accurate
-a want to be great
-natural leader
-humble confidence

I think I read somewhere he was on campus doing some suicide sprints Monday morning at 7am after the Pats game this week

I like what I hear.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:41 pm

After 4 games of Colt at QB, I can't help but feel shocked how (at least I think) he is clearly our best quarterback of the three. After suffering through some previous disaster young QBs, this guy Colt seems to be weathering the storm and has a lot of moxie. Got to be a lot of pissed GMs who passed on him in the first 2+ rounds.

It certainly helps a young guy to have a solid O-Line and a decent running game to take the pressure off of him. But I really like this kid's presence.

Now lets somehow get this guy some receivers.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL