Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

BK on RBS at 10:10 am

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

BK on RBS at 10:10 am

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:57 am

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: BK on RBS at 10:10 am

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:22 am

Is Goldhammer gone yet?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 am

Hikohadon wrote:Is Goldhammer gone yet?

Hammer is on the bandwagon.

Fedor is still being an idiot.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:35 am

I can't listen to Bernie for long anymore just can't without picturing Michael J. Fox, I feel bad for him though, for them.

BTW just recently heard a friend talk about Bernie's supposed long running abandonment of his hometown and alma mater...is that true?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:36 am

FUDU wrote:I can't listen to Bernie for long anymore just can't without picturing Michael J. Fox, I feel bad for him though, for them.

BTW just recently heard a friend talk about Bernie's supposed long running abandonment of his hometown and alma mater...is that true?

Wierd, they just played the Power of Love in the bumper music.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:48 am

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:I can't listen to Bernie for long anymore just can't without picturing Michael J. Fox, I feel bad for him though, for them.

Wierd, they just played the Power of Love in the bumper music.
If true, that's hilarious.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:02 pm

My email made Fedor melt down at the end of the show, so I got that going for me, which is nice.
jb

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 pm

jb wrote:My email made Fedor melt down at the end of the show, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Please post it here, cannot pick up 'KNR in my building downtown.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Cease » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Very pale woman listening to Fedor on newfangled headphones:

Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
jb wrote:My email made Fedor melt down at the end of the show, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

He runs a caller/emailer, can't recall, for asking if McCoy should beging to get RotY consideration.

He goes into full meltdown like he's Judge Smails protecting the sanctity of Bushwood, going appoplectic that McCoy even getting a mention is just the byproduct of homer Browns fans. He's all righteous and shit.

So I merely sent Rizz the links to their NFL.com Stats pages and noted that Bradford's QB rating is about 8 points below McCoy's and his pass yards / attenpt is an aneimic 5.7 that would make even Tim Couch say "Dang, throw it deep once in a game, man" despite having more reps/games and not having to face the Steelers, Saints and Patriots as his sample size.

He went melty and called me a "dingus". Doesn't think 3 games (or about 19% of a season) is enough to tell anything whatsoever about a player.

In his mind, being groomed all off season & X season to start and getting a range of opponants instead of thrown raw into the fire against 3 SB contenders after being told repeatedly that you are essentially redshirted for the season is the more difficult and impressive of the 2 roads taken and almost a quarter of a season is abosolutely without meaning.

"I don't need to see stats to know Sam Bradford is the better QB."

That is about the only thing I can agree on. I don't NEED stats either to know who is better so far. But I have 'em. By any logical measure, even including Bucky lighting up the sorry assed pathers, it is a push thus far. Not saying Colt = RotY, but to scoff at the mere speculation based of what these two have shown? Not a well infoemd take at all, and highly biased.

The beauty of this take is the only way he could legitimately save face is countering that the Browns were actually good, and better than the Rams.

Instead he kept going down the rabbit hole.

Welcome to the bizarro world of the hatas Rizzo inexplicably surrounds himself with on air.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:

+2

was in class. dying to hear/read this. Summarize his reaction too.

I recall him being pissed on the way to school, because someone said that McCoy should be the front runner for O-ROY. "DURR, THIS IS WHAT I HATE ABOUT CLEVELAND FANS! THEY GET TOO EXCITED OVER LITTLE THINGS".

Fedor was the jerkass propping up jimmy clausen in the pre season and ripping into McCoy mighty bad.

Hows that working out for him now?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:32 pm

jb wrote:He runs a caller/emailer, can't recall, for asking if McCoy should beging to get RotY consideration.

He goes into full meltdown like he's Judge Smails protecting the sanctity of Bushwood. So I merely sent Rizz the links to their NFL Stats pages and noted that Bradford's QB rating is about 8 points below McCoy's and his pass yards / attenpt is an aneimic 5.7 that ould make even Tim Couch say "dang, throw it deep once in a game, man" despite having more reps/games and not having to face the Steelers, saints and patriots.

He went melty and called me a "dingus".

In his mind, being groomed all X season to start and getting a range of opponants instead of thrown into the fire against 3 SB contenders is the more difficult and impressive road.

The beauty of this take is the only way he could legitimately save face is countering that the Browns were actually good, and better than the Rams.

Instead he kept going down the rabbit hole.

Welcome to the bizarro world of the hatas Rizzo inexplicably surrounds himself with on air.

Brilliant.

I'm starting to think that Fedor is like Chardon/Cmophstre sort of cats that post all over the Browns interweb.

I just keep imagining what if he posted here and someone like Peeker would be ripping into him and then Swerb banning his ass.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Again, 'KNR h become nothing but hosts spouting off their viewpoints as gospel and when someone refuts what they say, they either a) hang up and tear into said take w/o hving the person on the other end defend themselves, or b) pass it off as Cleveland Homerism.

Ask Fedor when he became such a Kobe-honk, was it when Jellybean Jr was drafted by the Hornets or after he won multiple rings?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:33 pm

I'll give Fedor credit on one thing..

I tweeted at him arguing in favor of JB's points and McCoy, and he at the very least responded back and had a pretty decent conversation back and forth in those regards.

his overall style on the radio though, I'm just not a fan of.

Triple-S

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:07 pm

You mean the style that saps the life out of any interesting discussion by talking over callers and inferring points beyond what was logically delivered?

Yeah count me in on that too.

Listened for a bit this morning only because I was hoping they would open up the lines and give some run to callers.

Nope. Same crap. Rizz not strong enough to back Fedor up and allow callers to talk and Fedor continuously ranting and raving the same stale points over and over. We get your point, cat, but the whole idea of a call-in show is to... you know, have callers want to call in. Why not try muzzling it for a few and give some excited people a chance to burn??? I mean you have the rest of the week to spew your shit. Give us fans a pity run...

Will give Hammer credit though, he at least seemed open-minded today.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:11 pm

No rookie QB in NFL history has ever before had to face three Super Bowl winning quarterbacks in three consecutive games...let alone do it in his first three career starts.

That alone has to count for something....and even more so since he led a team with a losing record overall to a 2-1 mark in those three games.

And how is one quarter of the season not significant when we've only played half the season?

OTOH, you can make the case that McCoy isn't even the best RoY candidate on his own team....how about TJ Ward?
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:22 pm

wiz1001 wrote:OTOH, you can make the case that McCoy isn't even the best RoY candidate on his own team....how about TJ Ward?

They award an offensive and a defensive rookie of the year, so Ward wouldnt affect Colt's candidacy. Besides, SUH is practically All-Pro already, let alone DROY.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:22 pm

See I heard that whole debate and my issue was Fedor was not willing to budge that Colt should be considered. Kept sayin "there is a lot more to prove... yada, yada, yada"

Problem is, you can make that argument for EVERYONE of the candidates, dumbshit.

The point is simple. Colt McCoy has begun to work himself into the discussion.

Fact is, I don't and most Browns fans don't give two shits about an award. If he keeps playing like this and they don't give him squat, so what. We know we got a QB and that's all the matters. What I hate those is some annoying prick with a mic ramble on about what he thinks he is hearing rather than what is spoken.

One guy tweets he is "his" offensive rookie of the year and Fedor freaks out like it is the spoken gospel. Most fans would simply say, Colt's making a case and leave it at that but instead Fedork chooses to paint a broad brush with "Browns fans" a group that I might add, he likes to float in and out of when it is useful to his position or argument. :pb:

Oh by the way, the # of games argument means a helluva lot when we have had the DA or BQ discussions in the past. How about this... McCoy has passed the early round bullshit test thus far. He's got maybe his toughest test ahead in the Jets defense but he performs in that, I am seriously intrigued. (which I never thought after Game 1 of preseason)
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Yeah he called JB a "dofus" in one of the responses he gave to me.

Triple-S

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Triple-S wrote:Yeah he called JB a "dofus" in one of the responses he gave to me.

The guy is far more perceptive than I initially gave him credit for.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:54 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Yeah he called JB a "dofus" in one of the responses he gave to me.

The guy is far more perceptive than I initially gave him credit for.

:lmfao: :clap:

Well done sir :salute:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:21 am

Well played, sirs. (mooning)

But the point nonwithstanding is that terrestial forgettable hacks like Fedor are soft man, soft. They are mid 20 somethings who have little experience or knowledge and are there becasue they enjoy the lifestyle that accompanies that righteous 30 large and all the nights out you can get comped for. For every Mark Kestecher there end up being 25 guys who can't even achieve the status of Mark Bishop. And these kids who came up in the era of syndication have the kill switch on any callers they don't like and it is a one-way exchange with about a 10 : 1 ratio of them prattling on and on vs taking a call. So good callers won't waste their time and the cycle self-perpetuates. The truly baffling thing is Rizzo knows better. He was on WHK in the day. he knows better and puts up with it.

You come on any sort of quality internets and you don't have that cntrol. You have to deal with different PsOV that don't go away no matter what you do. You can walk or you can counter but you have to see them there, and in most cases you have to defend your takes to rational counter takes or you get run.

My email to Fedor was about 4 lines of irrefutable factual content and then some smart assed add on like "Rizz, I've lived in northeast Ohio almost all my life and have an irrational hatred of Cleveland teams and know nothing about sports. Am I qualified to co-host?" or a little something like that.

Maybe that's why he's inserting his tampex pearls and popping his mydol like beer nuts over a simple link to stats.
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:38 pm

jb wrote:My email to Fedor was about 4 lines of irrefutable factual content and then some smart assed add on like "Rizz, I've lived in northeast Ohio almost all my life and have an irrational hatred of Cleveland teams and know nothing about sports. Am I qualified to co-host?" or a little something like that.

Maybe that's why he's inserting his tampex pearls and popping his mydol like beer nuts over a simple link to stats.

Yep...that might have been what did it. Well played anyway, sir.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:36 am

It gets better. Today sabrina and fedor and having a passionate debate about Braylon Edwards. Fedor is ranting on about how great he is. When Hammer is the voice of reason, it is pretty screwed up.

So here is a lob sent just now. Hoping for some gooey, melty time.

Stalking Fedor is pretty entertaining. :dingle:

---------------------------------------------------

Rizz,

Tell me Fedor is an act just to be a foil and isn't serious ?

Remember when you were on The Giant? Remember sports talk radio? Quality callers? Quality takes?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... 447263-p=2

Two more catches than Chanci Stucky is not "a threat everytime he takes the field". It's "I give a shit about 5% of the time I'm on the field and a fly pattern is called".

Very talented but lacks hands, top end speed, and the will to be great. Nothig else can really be said cerdibly.

Sincerely,

The Dingus Who Actually Does Some Homework Instead of Spouting Off
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:25 pm

You mean there is someone even more annoying than Goldhammer on that show and you people actually listen?

Fedor talks like he's reading from a teleprompter... and he's a little dyslexic.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL