Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

The Collie Call is HorseShit

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

The Collie Call is HorseShit

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Terrible, terrible, terrible flag on Curt Coleman.

I defy anyone to tell me how he avoids that contact and it wasn't even helmet to helmet.

Bullshit call despute the fact I don't wanna sit here with my kids and watch a kid die on the field either.

Awful flag.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: The Collie Call is HorseShit

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Agree 100%. If he doesn't get hurt, that flag doesn't get thrown. I hope he's ok, but I don't get how that is a penalty.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby ajunior148 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:04 pm

I don't think it should be a penalty either, but Coleman's helmet did hit Collie's.
ajunior148

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:10 pm

Agree it was bullshit but it was definitely helmet to helmet. Cowher said it best; he already got the penalty called on him, undeservedly, but there's no way you can fine him and he shouldn't change the way he plays.

If they're gonna keep calling crap like this, might as well change it to the National Flag Football League. It's a joke.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Coleman is Buckeye don't flag him!!!!

Just kidding of course, I do agree it was a bad call. IMO Cowher said it best, if you are gonna have these rules and are going with player safety as a priority then fine throw the flag, the team will have to deal with it. However by no means fine or suspend the player (Coleman).

The NFL needs to step up here and start this from scratch. They need to do a much better job of defining their own rules, first off by getting rid of any gray areas particularly in the "who is defined a runner and when and why there are" area. Seriously this whole "defenseless receiver" and "runner" thing is all BS. If you have the ball in your possession you are a runner or a potential runner, end of story. If you want to make special provisions for a punter, kicker and QB (due to the nature of their position) then fine, we already have those provisions for the most part.

The NFL has to make this consistent and at the end of the day the refs are going to have to throw more unnecessary flags than not to enforce these rules, and they need to do it all the time, otherwise what is the point, just go back to no rules concerning player safety.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL