Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

A Win this Week Should Change All Expectations

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

A Win this Week Should Change All Expectations

Unread postby smalls1129 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:21 am

First just let me say that I have been of the opinion that overall wins do not really matter this year. With that being said, a win this week potentially changes the entire complexity of this season. It would make back to back wins over Super Bowl contenders and it would set up a signature game for Eric Mangini. A chance to reach .500 against his former team, in his house, with his young QB (presumably).

When does flex scheduling start?

It becomes even more intriguing because a Browns win against the JETS would mean a legit shot at the playoffs. Yes the playoffs. That would mean THREE straight wins against legit Super Bowl contenders, all with a rookie QB. Couple this with a much softer non-division schedule to finish out the year and I do not think the possibility could be denied. Of course I am way ahead of myself here and this could all become moot as a 4:00 toady. But if you are of the believe that the Browns can win today, and I am, then it is not that hard to think maybe we are closer than we think.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chances two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see his me."
smalls1129

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Squire James

Re: A Win this Week Should Change All Expectations

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:04 pm

smalls1129 wrote:First just let me say that I have been of the opinion that overall wins do not really matter this year. With that being said, a win this week potentially changes the entire complexity of this season. It would make back to back wins over Super Bowl contenders and it would set up a signature game for Eric Mangini. A chance to reach .500 against his former team, in his house, with his young QB (presumably).

When does flex scheduling start?

It becomes even more intriguing because a Browns win against the JETS would mean a legit shot at the playoffs. Yes the playoffs. That would mean THREE straight wins against legit Super Bowl contenders, all with a rookie QB. Couple this with a much softer non-division schedule to finish out the year and I do not think the possibility could be denied. Of course I am way ahead of myself here and this could all become moot as a 4:00 toady. But if you are of the believe that the Browns can win today, and I am, then it is not that hard to think maybe we are closer than we think.

SD:

The math the math allways the numbers.

Dude i like your spirit and agree with sentiments , but sheesh a win today leaves us a 3-5 and a win over the Jets next week still leaves us short of the 500 magic bullet mark you alluded too.

Butt I ain't mad at ya
SoulDawg74

Unread postby smalls1129 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:35 pm

GD,I am an idiot. I wrote that out last night at like 2 in the morning and waited to post it as to not make a stupid drunken mistake like that. I still think it would make somewhat a statement game for Mangini and I still think if the flex scheduling starts next week the JETS game could get moved to 4.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chances two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see his me."
smalls1129

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Squire James

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:12 am

Biggie, ur not an idiot at all. You are Nostrodamus. So you had the chisumbop a little F'sn up, so what?

Your overall point was dead nuts on.

Sleeping giant just heard the first alarm sound and is stirring.

"Le Who? Le What ?"
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL