Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Troy to start for Niners

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Troy to start for Niners

Unread postby fairvis » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:12 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5732324

Always thought that he looked good those two games he played in Baltimore and the other times he had to fill in for McNair that year. Good to see him get another chance (especially not on the Ravens anymore) after that insane viral infection killed his chances to start after they drafted Flacco.

Calling it now... Troy Smith to Teddy Ginn for 6 at some point in Wembley.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: Troy to start for Niners

Unread postby Doc » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Still glad we ended with Colt/Seneca, but good luck to #10.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Does SD have his "I told all yer asses" rant pre written in case he goes 1 for 1 to start the game?

Seriously, I wish him luck. It'd be a great story. He's one of us, plus he left St Ed's. Smart guy.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:29 am

jb wrote:Does SD have his "I told all yer asses" rant pre written in case he goes 1 for 1 to start the game?

Seriously, I wish him luck. It'd be a great story. He's one of us, plus he left St Ed's. Smart guy.

SD:

Too bad Savage didn't let that draft come to him the way Ozzie does, because he could have netted Joe Thomas and found a better use for our second round pick and the following years bumber one had he of just signed a vet to come in with Anderson and Frye pre draft.

Could have chosen Smith in the third or fourth become an instant celebrity in Ohio , gotten just as much production as the three year wasted time under Quinn and way more bang for his buck.

Like Doc , I can again wish him well, now that he's no longer a Rat.

The 49ers were really hampered with the other Smiths play , sucker just didn't have it and killed them repeatedly with terrible mistakes at the worst time , this change was long overdo , however the most talented QB on that team is lanquishing on the practice squad under the bottom of Nutso Singletaries dog house (Nate Davis) and I was hoping Heckert scooped him when both Jake and Seneca went down.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby fairvis » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:10 pm

jb wrote:Seriously, I wish him luck. It'd be a great story. He's one of us, plus he left St Ed's. Smart guy.

Truthfully, though, those Ed's teams that he played on were awful. I remember several "empty the bench" games where guys that I was actually taking classes with would play.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:22 pm

jb wrote:Does SD have his "I told all yer asses" rant pre written in case he goes 1 for 1 to start the game?

[chuckling]Smith always had a foggy memory when it came to his time at 13500 Detroit Ave.

They allowed him a semi gracious exit after his stunt, kind of like when a coach is fired but they allow him to announce his "resignation".[/chuckling]

I too wish him well.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL