Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Eric Wright Article

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Eric Wright Article

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:14 am

Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:31 am

"I am definitely a lot more leery of the people I trust and the people I get in my inner circle. I feel like it is very important to associate yourself with the type of people that reflect the type of character your have. Unfortunately, being in L.A. and being the No. 1 team in the nation, I learned the hard way. You have friends and you have clingers. And I learned that you cannot have a big entourage and let people blend in. I made mistakes, but that wasn't indicative of my personality and character traits, so it was easy for me to go back. I left USC, went to UNLV, and buried myself in football and academics. I left UNLV with a 2.9 GPA. I just went to school, went to class, and did things that I was doing my entire life. Unfortunately I have scars and blemishes or questions about my character as a result of two or three hours of indecisiveness. But I am more than hopeful and optimistic that NFL clubs realize that what happened is buried in the past."

Wright was thoughtful and never once combative during our chat. He answered each question thoroughly and admitted making bad choices. Refreshing, really.

I would love to see the Browns take Wright off the board at the top of the 2nd round. This kid has top ten talent, and will fall because of the Pac Man Jones thing.

You can plug him in from day one across from my boy Bodden. Line him up deep with Cribbs on kicks. It would immediately make those two vital areas of the team very strong.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:36 pm

He was busted with 136 pills of X?

Holy Christ, that would've been a party.

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:29 pm

Swerb wrote:"I am definitely a lot more leery of the people I trust and the people I get in my inner circle. I feel like it is very important to associate yourself with the type of people that reflect the type of character your have. Unfortunately, being in L.A. and being the No. 1 team in the nation, I learned the hard way. You have friends and you have clingers. And I learned that you cannot have a big entourage and let people blend in. I made mistakes, but that wasn't indicative of my personality and character traits, so it was easy for me to go back. I left USC, went to UNLV, and buried myself in football and academics. I left UNLV with a 2.9 GPA. I just went to school, went to class, and did things that I was doing my entire life. Unfortunately I have scars and blemishes or questions about my character as a result of two or three hours of indecisiveness. But I am more than hopeful and optimistic that NFL clubs realize that what happened is buried in the past."

Wright was thoughtful and never once combative during our chat. He answered each question thoroughly and admitted making bad choices. Refreshing, really.

I would love to see the Browns take Wright off the board at the top of the 2nd round. This kid has top ten talent, and will fall because of the Pac Man Jones thing.

You can plug him in from day one across from my boy Bodden. Line him up deep with Cribbs on kicks. It would immediately make those two vital areas of the team very strong.

This was also in the piece:

Wright also reports he has had received a lot of interest from Browns general manager Phil Savage, the entire Tampa staff, and he really clicked with Herman Edwards.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL