Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Dear Tom Heckert

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Dear Tom Heckert

Unread postby dfed4192 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Dear Tom Heckert,

Obviously I am no Gm or am I affiliated with any NFL Franchise or do I think I am some average fan....I am a Browns fan who follows the NFL and it's obvious the glaring issues with The Cleveland Browns. Let me begin by saying that we have holes everywhere and some of this holes can be solidified by trading places. Trading Places you ask? Um, Massaqoi and Robiskie are not 1 and 2 Wr's...That's Obvious! I believe Chansi Stuckey is the better choice to start as are Number 1 at this point. I also believe given what we have at Wr that Massaqoi is the next choice to be our Number 2..also believe that Cribbs should be in the slot and Robiskie at best is our Number 4 Wr. I'D rather use Carlton Mitchell But, I guess somebody in Cleveland in love with Robiskie. I also believe Evan Moore and Watson should be on the field together more often.There no question about this. Also Believe you have to start McCoy the rest of the year to see what we have for 2011. We are 1-5 and its time to play these younger players and judge them based on Game Experience not Practice days. Peyton Hillis should touch the ball at least 20 times a game. This is are best option for a 1-5 Team. Are Offense is struggling and its embarrassing that your team continues to play players that have no commitment to winning and not grasping what needs to be done on the field to make plays. Are Offense lacks play makers and I guess your not willing to scour the wavier wire and find a Veteran Wr.. On Defense its also obvious that Eric Wright isn't the answer as the Number 2 corner. Its time to play Joe Haden and see if he is the answer to those woe's In the Backfield and see if he is solid enough to play along side Sheldon Brown. Its also obvious that A.Elam can't tackle and takes plays off..Its time to let Mike Adams start ahead of Elam. Its also obvious that Shaun Rodgers should be dealt to stock pile picks for next year draft. I am tired of you sitting on your hands when teams like St.Louis and Kansas City are trying everything to win. Its obvious teams with proven Coordinators goes along way for a Franchise. Look at Kansas City this year. Also its obvious if you draft a Franchise QB that is projected to go high in a draft that you can turn around a Franchise quickly...I.E....St.louis with Bradford..Yea they have done anything yet but, they have 3 wins so far....I am tired of hearing we have to wait to rebuild and add more talent but teams like KC,ST.LOUIS,DETROIT are making strides and progressing as a Franchise.Wins is the Bottom line....!!!Lastly it comes down to adding core Veterans to compliment young players. We don't have that in place. Proven Veterans that been there and done that go along way. Stop trying to sell us short. If you need help just ask. I be willing to work for Peanuts....More Two Te sets,More Hillis, Less Blitzing and play those younger players on Offense and Defense and lets finish out the year strong. By then you can fire Daboll and Magini and bring in a Vet Coach like a Billick,Steve Marucci,or a Gruden if possible. Bring in proven Coaches not Rookie Coordinators. Add Vet Wr's and add a Pass Rusher and Find a upgrade at Safety to play alongside TJ Ward....Are you guys that blind not to see the obvious??????
dfed4192

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Dear Tom Heckert

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby yogi » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:52 pm

dfed4192 wrote:Dear Tom Heckert,

Obviously I am no Gm or am I affiliated with any NFL Franchise or do I think I am some average fan....I am a Browns fan who follows the NFL and it's obvious the glaring issues with The Cleveland Browns. Let me begin by saying that we have holes everywhere and some of this holes can be solidified by trading places. Trading Places you ask? Um, Massaqoi and Robiskie are not 1 and 2 Wr's...That's Obvious! I believe Chansi Stuckey is the better choice to start as are Number 1 at this point. I also believe given what we have at Wr that Massaqoi is the next choice to be our Number 2..also believe that Cribbs should be in the slot and Robiskie at best is our Number 4 Wr. I'D rather use Carlton Mitchell But, I guess somebody in Cleveland in love with Robiskie. I also believe Evan Moore and Watson should be on the field together more often.There no question about this. Also Believe you have to start McCoy the rest of the year to see what we have for 2011. We are 1-5 and its time to play these younger players and judge them based on Game Experience not Practice days. Peyton Hillis should touch the ball at least 20 times a game. This is are best option for a 1-5 Team. Are Offense is struggling and its embarrassing that your team continues to play players that have no commitment to winning and not grasping what needs to be done on the field to make plays. Are Offense lacks play makers and I guess your not willing to scour the wavier wire and find a Veteran Wr.. On Defense its also obvious that Eric Wright isn't the answer as the Number 2 corner. Its time to play Joe Haden and see if he is the answer to those woe's In the Backfield and see if he is solid enough to play along side Sheldon Brown. Its also obvious that A.Elam can't tackle and takes plays off..Its time to let Mike Adams start ahead of Elam. Its also obvious that Shaun Rodgers should be dealt to stock pile picks for next year draft. I am tired of you sitting on your hands when teams like St.Louis and Kansas City are trying everything to win. Its obvious teams with proven Coordinators goes along way for a Franchise. Look at Kansas City this year. Also its obvious if you draft a Franchise QB that is projected to go high in a draft that you can turn around a Franchise quickly...I.E....St.louis with Bradford..Yea they have done anything yet but, they have 3 wins so far....I am tired of hearing we have to wait to rebuild and add more talent but teams like KC,ST.LOUIS,DETROIT are making strides and progressing as a Franchise.Wins is the Bottom line....!!!Lastly it comes down to adding core Veterans to compliment young players. We don't have that in place. Proven Veterans that been there and done that go along way. Stop trying to sell us short. If you need help just ask. I be willing to work for Peanuts....More Two Te sets,More Hillis, Less Blitzing and play those younger players on Offense and Defense and lets finish out the year strong. By then you can fire Daboll and Magini and bring in a Vet Coach like a Billick,Steve Marucci,or a Gruden if possible. Bring in proven Coaches not Rookie Coordinators. Add Vet Wr's and add a Pass Rusher and Find a upgrade at Safety to play alongside TJ Ward....Are you guys that blind not to see the obvious??????

Obviously Remarkable!

Can I nominate for Post of the Year?

:clap:
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby jfiling » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Does anyone not secretly believe most of the things that insane rant said? Granted, spelling, punctuation, and paragraph breaks would have made a huge difference, but there's not a whole lot there that is objectionable.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby jfiling » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:00 pm

dfed4192 wrote:Dear Tom Heckert,

Obviously I am no Gm or am I affiliated with any NFL Franchise or do I think I am some average fan. I am a Browns fan who follows the NFL and it's obvious to see the glaring issues with The Cleveland Browns. Let me begin by saying that we have holes everywhere and some of this holes can be solidified by trading places. Trading places you ask? Um, Massaqoi and Robiskie are not 1 and 2 WRs, obviously. I believe Chansi Stuckey is the better choice to start as our Number 1 at this point. I also believe given what we have at WR that Massaqoi is the choice to be our Number 2. I also believe that Cribbs should be in the slot and Robiskie at best is our Number 4 WR. I'd rather use Carlton Mitchell. I also believe Evan Moore and Watson should be on the field together more often. There no question about this. I also believe you have to start McCoy the rest of the year to see what we have for 2011. We are 1-5 and its time to play these younger players and judge them based on experience not practice days. Peyton Hillis should touch the ball at least 20 times a game. This is our best option for a 1-5 Team.

Our offense is struggling and it's embarrassing that your team continues to play players that have no commitment to winning and not grasping what needs to be done on the field to make plays. Our offense lacks playmakers and I guess you're not willing to scour the wavier wire and find a veteran WR.

On defense it's also obvious that Eric Wright isn't the answer as the Number 1 corner. Its time to play Joe Haden and see if he is the answer to those woes in the backfield and see if he is solid enough to play alongside Sheldon Brown. Its also obvious that A.Elam can't tackle and takes plays off. It's time to let Mike Adams start ahead of Elam. Its also obvious that Shaun Rogers should be dealt to stock pile picks for next year draft.

I am tired of you sitting on your hands when teams like St. Louis and Kansas City are trying everything to win. Its obvious teams with proven coordinators goes along way for a franchise. Look at Kansas City this year. Also it's obvious if you draft a franchise QB that is projected to go high in a draft that you can turn around a franchise quickly; just look at St.louis with Bradford. Yea they have done anything yet but, they have 3 wins so far. I am tired of hearing we have to wait to rebuild and add more talent but teams like KC, ST.LOUIS, DETROIT are making strides and progressing as a franchise. Wins are the Bottom line!

Lastly it comes down to adding core Veterans to compliment young players. We don't have that in place. Proven Veterans that been there and done that go along way. Stop trying to sell us short. If you need help just ask. I be willing to work for Peanuts....More Two Te sets,More Hillis, Less Blitzing and play those younger players on Offense and Defense and lets finish out the year strong. By then you can fire Daboll and Magini and bring in a Vet Coach like a Billick,Steve Marucci,or a Gruden if possible. Bring in proven Coaches not Rookie Coordinators. Add Vet Wr's and add a Pass Rusher and Find a upgrade at Safety to play alongside TJ Ward....Are you guys that blind not to see the obvious??????

I bothered to fix most of that mess, although I got lazy at the end. Sure, it's ledging, but if you're looking at it from the POV of Joe Browns Fan, it's actually a nice post.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Needs more CAPS LOCK. And cowbell.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:06 pm

jfiling wrote:Does anyone not secretly believe most of the things that insane rant said? Granted, spelling, punctuation, and paragraph breaks would have made a huge difference, but there's not a whole lot there that is objectionable.

Are you suggesting that I actually read that...that...thing?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 am

Dear df4192,

Fuck you,

Sincerely,

Tom Heckert
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:49 am

Obviously I am no Gm or am I affiliated with any NFL Franchise or do I think I am some average fan....I am a Browns fan who follows the NFL and it's obvious the glaring issues with The Cleveland Browns. Let me begin by saying that we have holes everywhere and some of this holes can be solidified by trading places. Trading Places you ask? Um, Massaqoi and Robiskie are not 1 and 2 Wr's...That's Obvious! I believe Chansi Stuckey is the better choice to start as are Number 1 at this point. I also believe given what we have at Wr that Massaqoi is the next choice to be our Number 2..also believe that Cribbs should be in the slot and Robiskie at best is our Number 4 Wr. I'D rather use Carlton Mitchell But, I guess somebody in Cleveland in love with Robiskie. I also believe Evan Moore and Watson should be on the field together more often.There no question about this. Also Believe you have to start McCoy the rest of the year to see what we have for 2011. We are 1-5 and its time to play these younger players and judge them based on Game Experience not Practice days. Peyton Hillis should touch the ball at least 20 times a game. This is are best option for a 1-5 Team. Are Offense is struggling and its embarrassing that your team continues to play players that have no commitment to winning and not grasping what needs to be done on the field to make plays. Are Offense lacks play makers and I guess your not willing to scour the wavier wire and find a Veteran Wr.. On Defense its also obvious that Eric Wright isn't the answer as the Number 2 corner. Its time to play Joe Haden and see if he is the answer to those woe's In the Backfield and see if he is solid enough to play along side Sheldon Brown. Its also obvious that A.Elam can't tackle and takes plays off..Its time to let Mike Adams start ahead of Elam

I wasn't aware that Heckert was now the new head coach.

I am tired of you sitting on your hands when teams like St.Louis and Kansas City are trying everything to win. Its obvious teams with proven Coordinators goes along way for a Franchise. Look at Kansas City this year. Also its obvious if you draft a Franchise QB that is projected to go high in a draft that you can turn around a Franchise quickly...I.E....St.louis with Bradford..Yea they have done anything yet but, they have 3 wins so far..

Yeah, f**king Heckert, how dare you not turn this franchise around in less than a years time. ;-) ;) :wink:

I am tired of hearing we have to wait to rebuild and add more talent but teams like KC,ST.LOUIS,DETROIT are making strides and progressing as a Franchise.Wins is the Bottom line....

Look at the strides Detroit is making, a whole ONE win so far this year. Dammit Heckert, you failed.

Lastly it comes down to adding core Veterans to compliment young players. We don't have that in place. Proven Veterans that been there and done that go along way. Stop trying to sell us short. If you need help just ask. I be willing to work for Peanuts....More Two Te sets,More Hillis, Less Blitzing and play those younger players on Offense and Defense and lets finish out the year strong. By then you can fire Daboll and Magini and bring in a Vet Coach like a Billick,Steve Marucci,or a Gruden if possible.

This paragraph should be addressed to Daboll and Ryan. Quit picking on TH

Bring in proven Coaches not Rookie Coordinators. Add Vet Wr's and add a Pass Rusher and Find a upgrade at Safety to play alongside TJ Ward....Are you guys that blind not to see the obvious???

Please overhaul the entire organization once again, we can never get enough of that.

I would much rather read the literary works of PBJfan than this. :dingle:
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:55 am

While I admire the passion, i'm afraid this sounds Philadelphia-fan-esque. Rambling and shortsighted.

With you on the Wright take, but ALL of our receivers are garbage (Mo Mass is an average #2, everyone else is VORP +0 or worse, to use baseball dork terminology)

Every year a GM can't drop all your veterans and pick up draft picks.

Not sure what you're getting at w/the KC reference.

And those teams making "strides" are crap too and with the possible exception of KC, who has far more talent and defensive respectability from top to bottom, will be in the hunt for the #1 pick at seasons end w/the Browns.

Want to bitch? Bitch about wasted draft picks, idiot play calling, and the change in the tailgating hours. Something with substance :dingle:

thanks for the post though, come back frequently.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:16 am

Blaming Heckert for game day personnel decisions makes about as much sense as blaming him for the 2009 draft.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL