Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Prediction, pain?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Prediction, pain?

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:41 am

Going with assumption Colt will start, (don't forget to carry that effect over to the WR position), the newly added RB Bell will be the main ball carrier, what do you got for a score this Sunday?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Prediction, pain?

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:48 am

I predict that this Sunday will be much like Kyle Reece describes time travel in The Terminator.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:48 am

I pity the fool who thinks the Browns will score more than 10 points at best (and only if the defense or special teams scores a TD).

And after the game Clubber Polamalu is going to offer to show Colt's girlfriend what it's like to be with a real man.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby dpdad » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:21 am

Actually, I think Colt will acquit himself pretty well. But the lack of a supporting cast on offense (in particular, no WR talent) will doom the Browns. I expect the Steelers to load up at the line of scrimmage and blitz relentlessly.

Pitt 31 Cleve 13. And it won't be that close.
dpdad

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:12 pm

I hope "first team practice reps" means, "Throwing while running straight backwards and to the sidelines" because you're right, he's not going to get anything remotely resembling a pocket sunday.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:28 pm

Colt's going to his first Boy Scout meeting this Sunday and has no idea that his life will be changed forever.

17-0.

FUDU

Unread postby bac5665 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Jeez, come on guys. It doesn't have to be that bad. Anyone remember that we led the Ratbirds going into the 4th three weeks ago? The Ratbirds that just beat the Steelers?

I'm not saying we'll win, but I'm definitely saying I expect our defense to play decent ball, and if McCoy can put up 150+ yards and a TD with 2 or less picks, it'll be close enough for our D to keep us in the game.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby pup » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Steelers Defense -3 Browns offense
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby DrPoove » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Inbred 33
Good Guys 6

Could be more but the D "holds" them to 4 FGs... and 3 TDs (1 pick 6, 1 Eric Wright Special, 1 Hines Ward FU).
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm

bac5665 wrote:Jeez, come on guys. It doesn't have to be that bad. Anyone remember that we led the Ratbirds going into the 4th three weeks ago? The Ratbirds that just beat the Steelers?

I'm not saying we'll win, but I'm definitely saying I expect our defense to play decent ball, and if McCoy can put up 150+ yards and a TD with 2 or less picks, it'll be close enough for our D to keep us in the game.
We've scored 9 TDs all season, Wallace and Hillis account for 8 of them, Delhomme the other 1. None of them will see action this Sunday, exactly where do you see TD's coming from? 17-0 IS our D keeping us in the game.

FUDU

Unread postby Loo » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:25 pm

Honestly, rank these in order of most likely to score a touchdown--

1. Special Teams
2. Defense
3. Offense

Going on the notion Big Ben may not be up to snub, I think I'd put them in that order.

23-7.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:31 pm

50-0
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby mistero » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:41 pm

This defense has done a good job keeping things reasonable. Hillis is playing. I still like Watson and Moore at TE. Cribbs seems to bring it against the hillbillies every year.

Browns 16
Stoolers 27
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby pup » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:42 pm

mistero wrote:This defense has done a good job keeping things reasonable. Hillis is playing. I still like Watson and Moore at TE. Cribbs seems to bring it against the hillbillies every year, before he got paid.

Browns 16
Stoolers 27

Corrected
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby mistero » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Maybe so. He looks like he's sleepwalking.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby bac5665 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 pm

FUDU wrote:We've scored 9 TDs all season, Wallace and Hillis account for 8 of them, Delhomme the other 1. None of them will see action this Sunday, exactly where do you see TD's coming from? 17-0 IS our D keeping us in the game.

Hillis is playing, first of all, so there's that. Second, I think expecting McCoy to score 1 TD isn't asking too much. The FO was right about Ward and Haden; I've no reason to believe that McCoy is going to be so bad as to not be able to score at least once.

Look, I know we're Cleveland and self-pity is automatic and understandable. But we've looked the best we've looked in a long time the last few games and now we're melting because our career back-up QB is injured and a complete unknown Rookie is playing? Give me a break. Sanchez, Freeman, Flacco, Bradford, Stafford have all been rookies that came in and played at least mediocre their rookie years. I think that's more rookie QBs have done alright than have been terrible, at least in the last three years. I know we're the Browns, and luck never goes our way, but damn, there's no reason McCoy can't come in and be at least not terrible.
bac5665

Unread postby General » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Lerner forfeits the game just like that Prep school in Connecticut. Safety issue override wins.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:06 pm

The only thing that gives me hope is the fact that the Browns beat the Steelers last year with Brady Quinn. Who was awful in that game... well, all the time. The only thing he did do well was not throw picks.

Colt McCoy can certainly be at least as good as Quinn was in that game.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby bac5665 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:08 pm

Exactly. If BQ can do it, CMcC can do it.
bac5665

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:19 pm

bac5665 wrote:Exactly. If BQ can do it, CMcC can do it.

I feel you mang, I really do. I'll be there with you on Sunday. I want you to be right and crow how right you were and how wrong we all were like as if you Soul Dawg after one of "his" QB's plays one great series.

But right now I can't seem to get the Chuckles Frye dazed and confused beatdown coming vibe out my head, and that chubby alleged rapist basterd is gonna be chompin at the bit like there's a second-rate blonde haired butter faced party girl sorority doing shots of Aftershock wearing DTF nametags and tiaras and short slutty dresses showing their chubby thighs and budding cankles yelling "I'M SO DRUNK!" and there's not a guy in sight.
jb

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:I hope "first team practice reps" means, "Throwing while running straight backwards and to the sidelines" because you're right, he's not going to get anything remotely resembling a pocket sunday.

Why? The Browns are tied for 5th in least sacks allowed (7)* and tied for 3rd in least QB Hurries allowed with 14. If anything, the O-Line is the only thing the Browns can count on in any given game.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:56 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
Gradysmanldy wrote:I hope "first team practice reps" means, "Throwing while running straight backwards and to the sidelines" because you're right, he's not going to get anything remotely resembling a pocket sunday.

Why? The Browns are tied for 5th in least sacks allowed (7)* and tied for 3rd in least QB Hurries allowed with 14. If anything, the O-Line is the only thing the Browns can count on in any given game.

Not even the 82 Redskins could stop 9 in the box coming from every which way, let alone with Dick Lebeau schemeing for a rook who looked like death in the fake season who has two or three non-entity WR's.

Only hope is a haelthy enough Hillis to pound the rock fundmentally so that a pop or two to the TRE's can hold the wolves at bay, a rusty POS , and lot's of luck.

Shit can always happen.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:12 pm

27-3 Appalachian Hilljacks.

With how bad this offense looked with a hobbled Delhomme and Hillis last week vs Atlanta, I don't see how I could expect it to look even as good as that did.

Unless cribs breaks one or two off for long yardage, I couldn't expect more than 6 points. If he does then best case for the browns in my mind is 17pts. I dont think we can hold them under 20, but unless Mangini allows Colt to really get destroyed I don't expect them to score more than 30.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby ole uncle charle » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:27 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

Just ask Delhomme and Wallace, you should be able to find them in the same place.
ole uncle charle

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:23 pm

I would be shocked if Big Ben just walked in after a near-year absence from regular-season football and simply started lighting it up from the jump. Not to mention IMO he has off-the-field problems beyond simple lecherism (alcohol) that he likely hasn't dealt with.

Cleveland's offense won't do a whole hell of a lot, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Big Ben give the Browns some opportunities on his own. Might actually be a good thing that he's playing instead of someone else.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:41 pm

I want to believe that, Herm. I just feel like the qb's they've thrown thus far are complete garbage, and the ground game they've employed has made it irrelevant.

Fortunately, one silver lining from this season is that the Browns "seem" to be able to stuff the run a lot better than usual, this year. Fujita, Roth, and Gocong are LB's built to hold steady, if their coverage is generally unspectactular.

Ok, ill buy that, and pretend that last Sunday was an abberation.

Cribbs didn't look to be half speed on the WIDE OPEN route that should have been an easy TD in the second half last week.....if delhomme could have hit water from the proverbial boat.... I hope they utilize him more on those kind of routes with the box stacked against Hillis.

Lots of runs, lots of field position jostling, and lots of flash package, plz.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:17 pm

I'll be shocked if Big Bitch doesn't throw 4 TDs and the Squealers win 38-10

Help us Obi Wan TjWard...you're our only hope
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:39 pm

bac5665 wrote:Jeez, come on guys. It doesn't have to be that bad. Anyone remember that we led the Ratbirds going into the 4th three weeks ago? The Ratbirds that just beat the Steelers?

I agree with this. The steelers are getting overhyped for this game. I would take the Browns +14 right now, no problem.

Its hard to predict a win, but the Browns haven't played ugly all year. And I don't think they start on sunday. This is the game they've been planning for all year.

I say this game plays way closer then everyone thinks, Pissburg 17 - Browns 10.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby jerryroche » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:58 pm

If McCoy throws more than a dozen passes, I'll be the most surprised sumbitch in the world. That necessarily means a return to late '09 form with Daboll electing to pound the ball against the inbreds' nine-in-the-box defense -- even if it's not working. At least that philosophy will run the clock and keep the game relatively close.
There are simply too many ways for the inbreds to confuse the hell out of McCoy to even give the rook a chance to throw two or three pick-sixes.
Any way you look at it, there will be no happy ending Sunday -- unless you're from east of Ohio Rt. 11.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby Magic Brownies » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:14 pm

Browns 17
Pittspuke 14

And I'm not even drunk.

Brady Quinn "beat" these guys.............

If we keep close on defense, we have a chane to win the game.
Magic Brownies

Favorite Player: Run for the Hillis
Least Favorite Player: Rapistberger

Unread postby diminishingskills » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:33 am

Have you guys learned nothing from a lifetime of Cleveland sports pain?

Colt can't fail Sunday because the Cleveland sports script says that this game must lead to a QB controversy. See, we need the Ray of Hope -- the guy who plays just well enough to get fans thinking that maybe the Browns have finally struck gold. Think back to where we were after Charlie Frye's first game ... or that preseason game where Eric Zeier looked like the greatest QB ever ... that's exactly where we'll be Sunday night. We'll see threads with titles like "Mangini HAS to start Colt now" and "Finally the Browns strike gold in the third round".

If Colt gets destroyed Sunday, that would be too easy. It's not the crushing defeats that make following Cleveland sports as sucky as it is -- it is the raising of hopes which is then followed by the crushing defeats. And for at least the first half on Sunday, those hopes will be raised.

At the same time, I can't pick a rookie QB making his first start to beat the Inbred in the ketchup bottle. So I'll say that Colt plays well enough for the Browns to win, but that a couple of other mistakes (maybe a crucial fumble or two, and I will call an INT off a perfectly thrown ball bouncing off a receiver's hands) lead to the Steelers winning 24 - 20.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby General » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:06 am

I favor disbanding the franchise or moving it a deserving town like LA.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:06 am

FUDU

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:41 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:I'll be shocked if Big Bitch doesn't throw 4 TDs and the Squealers win 38-10

Help us Obi Wan TjWard...you're our only hope

Hey mendenhall isn't exactly the iron man out there, Ward delivering a few nasty blows could definitely affect this game.
JCoz

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:01 am

I predict Colt guts out a close win. But not only this week in Pittsburgh - he leads a 4th quarter comeback to propel the Browns over the defending champs in New Orleans the following week.

During the bye week, having now beaten the last 2 NFL champs in their houses in his 1st 2 games, Colt Fever sweeps Browns Nation, with everyone clamoring for him to make his home debut vs the Pats. But Mangini sticks to his guns, and starts a now-healthy Delhomme. With under 2 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter and the Browns trailing 17-6 but driving to score, Jake makes an ill-advised throw right in to the hands of a Patriot DB, who returns it for a TD to put the Pats up 24-6. After the ensuing kickoff return by Cribbs to the 42, Delhomme checks down to Hillis on 1st down to bring up a 2nd and 5 at the 47 with 1:29 remaining. The crowd, desperate for something to cheer about, begins to perk up as it looks like the Browns may actually be able to get some points out of this. Jake drops back to pass, looking long for MoMass - but a blitzing Brandon Merriweather demolishes him, and he crumples to the ground, out cold.

With Jake not moving on the ground, the crowd goes silent ... but not for long. Suddenly, a few cheers are heard. It gets louder and louder, until even the TV cameras can pick up the "We Want Colt! We Want Colt!" chants.

I feel like I've seen at least part of this move before.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:48 am

We did pound the rock right at Baltimore in their house, when they knew it was coming, I don't see how they can't be able to do the same in Pittsburgh. I'm not expecting a miracle, but a competitive game should be possible, with a chance to win in the 4th. I'll be in Shittsburgh all weekend for the wife's birthday, so a nice fuck you to all of her family and friends via texts and facebooks come Sunday and Monday would be nice. I'm already hearing enough about McCoy startin and the blow out thats gonna happen. So I'll gladly bet each and everyone of them with the spread and take all their cash.
Nicastro13

Favorite Player: Kyrie
Least Favorite Player: Joe Pittsburgh Fan

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:06 pm

I love the optimism. I'm not sure where the hell it comes from nor that its close to justifiable but I appreciate the buoyancy it gives.

Raw rookie who's never taken a snap ( and no one can say if he's even close to as capable as Quinn and that's saying a lot/or very, very little).

He's also small and relatively weak armed. The arm thing is okay because;

The receivers blow and get no separation deep anyway. So there's that.

The one RB with any chance at all if hobbled. Anyone watch him carry his dead leg on and off every series Sunday? Think God may have healed him already?

The backup running back saw the playbook for the first time yesterday.

Our Pro Bowl left tackle is either hurt or regressing (and I firmly believe he's dinged).

Our Pro Bwl KR is playing on an effed up ankle and has been largely ineffective in that role.

The backup QB has taken exactly as many game snaps as the starter so should the midget starter with no arms and no weapons (against the most hated rival in their place) get hurt the backup is just as effed in the ear.

And yet there are predictions for wins.

I love Browns fans. I love Cleveland fans.

You're delusional, but you're my boys.

:cheers:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:30 pm

peeker643 wrote:Raw rookie who's never taken a snap ( and no one can say if he's even close to as capable as Quinn and that's saying a lot/or very, very little).

I don't know if he's "as" capable yet, but, if he's alive and not currently experiencing a stroke, he's "close" to as capable.

You and I are "close" to as capable as Brady Quinn.

Quinn's stats from his great victory: 6 of 19 for 90 yards. 1 for 5 for 9 yards in the 2nd Half.

I don't expect much from McCoy, but I hope to god he has better stats than that. The proof, of course, will be in the number of picks. That's the one thing Quinn did well in that PIT game - when he badly missed his receivers, he missed them in spots where defenders weren't.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby swerb » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Bill Swerski: Now, gentlemen, let me ask you this: What if Da Bears were all 14 inches tall, you know, about so high? Now, what's your score of today's game?

Carl Wollarski: Against Da Giants?

Bill Swerski: Yes, give 'em a handicap.

Carl Wollarski: Bears 18, Giants 10. And that would finally be a good game.

Pat Arnold: Yeah, it would be a good game. Mini Bears 24, Giants 14.

Todd O'Conner: What about Ditka? Would he be mini, too?

Bill Swerski: No, he would be full-grown.

Todd O'Conner: Oh, then, uh.. Mini Bears 31, Giants 7.

Carl Wollarski: Oh, hold on. Then I change mine, too. I thought it was Mini Ditka.

Bill Swerski: Okay, gentlemen, another scenario: Da Bears, they don't make it, the plane is delayed.. and the only one who shows up is Ditka. Ditka vs. Da Giants. Okay, score, gentlemen.

Pat Arnold: Alright, after da heart attack, I gotta say Ditka 17, Giants 14. He just barely gets by.

Bill Swerski: Alright, that sounds exciting. Perhaps, you know, a late Ditka field goal.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote: Help us Obi Wan TjWard...you're our only hope

The only reason to watch this game is to hope TJ kills Hines.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote: Help us Obi Wan TjWard...you're our only hope

The only reason to watch this game is to hope TJ kills Hines.

...and to see Polamalu writhing in pain on the ground because Hillis just cracked 3 of his ribs.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:55 pm

I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Raw rookie who's never taken a snap ( and no one can say if he's even close to as capable as Quinn and that's saying a lot/or very, very little).

I don't know if he's "as" capable yet, but, if he's alive and not currently experiencing a stroke, he's "close" to as capable.

Quinn's stats from his great victory: 6 of 19 for 90 yards. 1 for 5 for 9 yards in the 2nd Half.

I don't expect much from McCoy, but I hope to god he has better stats than that. The proof, of course, will be in the number of picks. That's the one thing Quinn did well in that PIT game - when he badly missed his receivers, he missed them in spots where defenders weren't.

Disagree brother.

It gets no more raw than 'first ever NFL snap'. Say what you want about Quinn but he had games under his belt. Really shitty games but he wasn't this raw.

Not to mention McCoy doesn't get the chance to play the Steelers while their very best defensive player is out of the lineup.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:13 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Disagree brother.

It gets no more raw than 'first ever NFL snap'. Say what you want about Quinn but he had games under his belt. Really shitty games but he wasn't this raw.

Not to mention McCoy doesn't get the chance to play the Steelers while their very best defensive player is out of the lineup.

Plus it's clear that Quinn imbibed a decided schematic advantage as a QB over Colt McCoy via Charlie Weis.
JCoz

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:35 pm

JCoz wrote:Plus it's clear that Quinn imbibed a decided schematic advantage as a QB over Colt McCoy via Charlie Weis.

Some would argue that's offset by the truly magnificent defenses that McCoy played against every single week of his college career. ;-) ;) :wink:

I'm sure all of his receivers will be running free in the defensive backfield this weekend too without actually being able to see opposing defenders in the same camera frame.

No worries. Paper says Daboll spent a lot of one-on-one time with McCoy this week.

All systems go. :salute:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:No worries. Paper says Daboll spent a lot of one-on-one time with McCoy this week.

All systems go. :salute:

Yikes

He's going to get really hurt isn't he?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:09 pm

jb wrote:I predict that this Sunday will be much like Kyle Reece describes time travel in The Terminator.

For McCoy or for Browns fans
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Arguably the league's top defense, with arguably the best defensive player healthy, playing damn near all of them in the box, against a team featuring a snapless, young, not so strong armed QB, no receivers that can get open, and an injured white fullback.

Can't see how they don't win easily - and do so without taking the game that seriously.

And, by the way, I've got few qualms with how the team is being handled, but they are bringing to the table exactly what Pittsburgh's defense would wish for.

I thought would never see more guys in the box the % of time I saw it last year, cause nobody respected Quionn's arm - until I saw last week's Atlanta tilt.

If Hillis averages two yards a pop I'd be suprised.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby mistero » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:07 am

But here's the rub. If Hillis is killing them for 5 yards a pop, they'll be no answer for Pittspuke. McCoy can cherry pick some play action stuff. MIx in some Cribbs. It's all about to super Hillis and Jesus now.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:05 am

31 -6 Steelers
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL