Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Prediction, pain?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Prediction, pain?

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:15 am

mistero wrote:But here's the rub. If Hillis is killing them for 5 yards a pop, they'll be no answer for Pittspuke. McCoy can cherry pick some play action stuff. MIx in some Cribbs. It's all about to super Hillis and Jesus now.

Can't be argued.

But how do you like his chances on one leg and with all 11 Steelers in the box?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:44 am

Christ. Who was the last Browns running back to go for "five yards a pop" against Pittsburgh's defense? Leroy Kelly?

They have Polamalu and Aaron Smith in the lineup, which they didn't last December. We're not running the ball against that team Sunday.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Loo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:01 pm

swerb wrote:Bill Swerski: Now, gentlemen, let me ask you this: What if Da Bears were all 14 inches tall, you know, about so high? Now, what's your score of today's game?

Carl Wollarski: Against Da Giants?

Bill Swerski: Yes, give 'em a handicap.

Carl Wollarski: Bears 18, Giants 10. And that would finally be a good game.

Pat Arnold: Yeah, it would be a good game. Mini Bears 24, Giants 14.

Todd O'Conner: What about Ditka? Would he be mini, too?

Bill Swerski: No, he would be full-grown.

Todd O'Conner: Oh, then, uh.. Mini Bears 31, Giants 7.

Carl Wollarski: Oh, hold on. Then I change mine, too. I thought it was Mini Ditka.

Bill Swerski: Okay, gentlemen, another scenario: Da Bears, they don't make it, the plane is delayed.. and the only one who shows up is Ditka. Ditka vs. Da Giants. Okay, score, gentlemen.

Pat Arnold: Alright, after da heart attack, I gotta say Ditka 17, Giants 14. He just barely gets by.

Bill Swerski: Alright, that sounds exciting. Perhaps, you know, a late Ditka field goal.

Bravo, bravo.

Steelers 27 Browns 7

We all get that odd things can happen with an untested QB in the NFL. McCoy on the road against Pittsburgh's defense? Not gonna be pretty.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Unread postby jb » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:34 pm

peeker643 wrote:
mistero wrote:But here's the rub. If Hillis is killing them for 5 yards a pop, they'll be no answer for Pittspuke. McCoy can cherry pick some play action stuff. MIx in some Cribbs. It's all about to super Hillis and Jesus now.

Can't be argued.

But how do you like his chances on one leg and with all 11 Steelers in the box?

Ben has 10 in his entourage?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 pm

DiminishingSkills wrote:Have you guys learned nothing from a lifetime of Cleveland sports pain?

Colt can't fail Sunday because the Cleveland sports script says that this game must lead to a QB controversy. See, we need the Ray of Hope -- the guy who plays just well enough to get fans thinking that maybe the Browns have finally struck gold. Think back to where we were after Charlie Frye's first game ... or that preseason game where Eric Zeier looked like the greatest QB ever ... that's exactly where we'll be Sunday night. We'll see threads with titles like "Mangini HAS to start Colt now" and "Finally the Browns strike gold in the third round".

If Colt gets destroyed Sunday, that would be too easy. It's not the crushing defeats that make following Cleveland sports as sucky as it is -- it is the raising of hopes which is then followed by the crushing defeats. And for at least the first half on Sunday, those hopes will be raised.

At the same time, I can't pick a rookie QB making his first start to beat the Inbred in the ketchup bottle. So I'll say that Colt plays well enough for the Browns to win, but that a couple of other mistakes (maybe a crucial fumble or two, and I will call an INT off a perfectly thrown ball bouncing off a receiver's hands) lead to the Steelers winning 24 - 20.

No win, but I hate you Johnnny.

Hate you.

;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink:
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby diminishingskills » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:17 am

jb wrote:No win, but I hate you Johnnny.

Hate you.

;-) ;) :wink: ;-) ;) :wink:

Reminds me of the quote from "Dead Again": This is fate we're talking about, and if fate works at all, it works because people think that THIS TIME, it isn't going to happen!

I don't want to judge Colt McCoy based on prior Browns QBs. What Brady Quinn or Tim Couch or Charlie Frye or Eric Zeier did or didn't do has nothing to do with Colt. And I should say here that I did not watch a single down of Sunday's game (sitting in front of a TV versus being outside on a perfect fall afternoon?). I'm certainly happier to hear that Colt did well against one of the game's toughest defenses than if he had gone 6-19 for 75 yards and three picks. But I'm not about to go all Laurence Fishburne and declare Colt the Chosen One. Maybe Colt is; I certainly hope he is; we just don't know enough yet.

I do know that however Colt turns out, SoulDawg will be there to tell us that he knew it all along. ;)
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL