Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns at Saints trip

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:34 pm

Hey guys (gals). I just had to share the news. I just found out that I won a trip for two (flight for 2, 2 days hotel, 2 game tix) to the Browns at Saints on the 23rd.

Flying out of CLE at 6AM Saturday the 23rd, getting back at 8PM Monday night the 25th.

Pretty fired up about it! I have never been to N.O., so we're really fired up about the trip. Hoping the Browns can put together a good showing.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Very cool OD. Where'd you win that(?) and sure hope you enjoy it.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Far out, man.

Far effing out.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:17 am

peeker643 wrote:Very cool OD. Where'd you win that(?) and sure hope you enjoy it.


Its kind of funny, actually. I was working in the back yard and listening to a Browns game on the radio. They had a commercial that referred to a link I was interested in. I wanted to find it but couldn't remember the link from the commercial. So I went to clevelandbrowns.com to look for it. I went to their promotions page:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/fans-and ... tions.html

While I was there, I decided I would enter the contests they have there. There is a contest for a Camaro painted like a Browns helmet. They currently have a contest like I won... for tix to the game at Miami. Maybe one of you guys can win and go down to south beach and say hello to an old friend.

Anyways, I had forgotten all about it and I get a phone call yesterday saying I won. I said, "what's the hitch?" None! I gotta pay for food, rental car and luggage fee and that's it. Flight, hotel and game tix are on them.
:nanner:
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:34 am

New Orleans is a great, great city.

Just wear a belt that has extra notches and bring a spare liver.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4300
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby General » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:07 am

My wife and I will be driving over there for that "event" as it is only a three hour tour from Pensacola. Staying at some place near Canal street. I am not sure if I am going into the game because the beers are actually cheaper on Bourbon, but I will be watching the Saints wake up versus our beloved "Clowns" on TV at some watering hole. PM me if you want to get together and tell some Cleveland lies.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
User avatar
General
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Pensacola
Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:27 pm

Hey guys.
Just posted over on Eat, Drink and Be Merry looking for suggestions on what to do on a one-day trip in New Orleans. I know very little about the place.

If you can help me out, please post over there!!
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18937

Thanks a ton.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Dudes, I am in section 613. Can you guys text me during the game and tell me how we are doing?
Image
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:20 am

Loved being at the game. The dome is an experience in itself.

Saw and talked to a lot of Browns fans. Many had more than a few in them already. Browns fans were not shy when it came to their team. I was proud of our fans there.

The dome can get VERY loud when their fans get into it!!

In all, Saints fans were hospitable both before and after the game.

I think there were three different occasions after the game when disgruntled Saints fans yelled at us, "Hey, how's LeBron?" or "How 'bout them Cavs?"

Seats were very high, but they weren't bad seats.

I think the Browns ought to send me to all their road games now, to be their lucky charm.

Will share some game thoughts on the game thread.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby Lokais » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:03 pm

Did you ask them how Katrina was? Saints fans are the last people who should be talking shit outside of football.
Lokais
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Lokais wrote:Did you ask them how Katrina was? Saints fans are the last people who should be talking shit outside of football.



Didn't really see alot of shit talking going on either way in the Square or in the Dome yesterday. Actually saw alot of mingling and friendly conversation between sides before and after the game. I don't go to alot of Saints' games (maybe a couple per year), but I don't really think Saints' fans have a huge rep as shit talkers, do they?
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:
Lokais wrote:Did you ask them how Katrina was? Saints fans are the last people who should be talking shit outside of football.



Didn't really see alot of shit talking going on either way in the Square or in the Dome yesterday. Actually saw alot of mingling and friendly conversation between sides before and after the game. I don't go to alot of Saints' games (maybe a couple per year), but I don't really think Saints' fans have a huge rep as shit talkers, do they?


I totally agree with BT here. Saints fans were very hospitable, accommodating and warm. Understand how many Saints fans you walk by on the way out of the dome. And also we walked to and around the French Market for 3+ hours afterwards. And EVERYONE had Saints stuff on. And only 2 or 3 folks said anything negative. Most people complimented us on the Browns play and congratulated us. I just found it funny that the only zinger they could come up with was about you know who. Why not just say, "How was your superbowl?" or something at least footballish.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:31 pm

And BTW BT, I sat next to a Browns fan from Baton Rouge. He grew up in North Olmsted. We talked Browns history the whole game. The only issue I had with the guy (and I am usually very open) is that he is in a mixed marriage.... he had Browns stuff on and his wife had Saints stuff on. We ended up walking most of the way to the FQ together.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:43 pm

OldDawg wrote:And BTW BT, I sat next to a Browns fan from Baton Rouge. He grew up in North Olmsted. We talked Browns history the whole game. The only issue I had with the guy (and I am usually very open) is that he is in a mixed marriage.... he had Browns stuff on and his wife had Saints stuff on. We ended up walking most of the way to the FQ together.



Funny you should say that, but I noticed last week that a new family moved down the street from us hung a Brown's flag out off his front porch. Football-diverse neighborhood now, through the first dozen houses you can find a Browns, Saints, Cowboys, Texans and Cowboys flag.

Also, I find the Lebron shit-talking hilarious considering that the Hornets/Chris Paul marriage isn't on the most solid of footing right now. Those words may go down hard as soon as next season depending on how the new bargaining agreement turns out.


Either way - glad you enjoyed your stay. Sounds like you were able to hit up some good grub joints and meet some friendly folks along the way. :cheers:
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:I find the Lebron shit-talking hilarious considering that the Hornets/Chris Paul marriage isn't on the most solid of footing right now. Those words may go down hard as soon as next season depending on how the new bargaining agreement turns out.

HA!! You and I think alike. I wanted to say, "How's Chris Paul doing?" each time, but figured two things:
1) I should be a gracious winner, and
2) I was way outnumbered.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby Lokais » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 am

OldDawg wrote:
Bayou Tribe wrote:
Lokais wrote:Did you ask them how Katrina was? Saints fans are the last people who should be talking shit outside of football.



Didn't really see alot of shit talking going on either way in the Square or in the Dome yesterday. Actually saw alot of mingling and friendly conversation between sides before and after the game. I don't go to alot of Saints' games (maybe a couple per year), but I don't really think Saints' fans have a huge rep as shit talkers, do they?


I totally agree with BT here. Saints fans were very hospitable, accommodating and warm. Understand how many Saints fans you walk by on the way out of the dome. And also we walked to and around the French Market for 3+ hours afterwards. And EVERYONE had Saints stuff on. And only 2 or 3 folks said anything negative. Most people complimented us on the Browns play and congratulated us. I just found it funny that the only zinger they could come up with was about you know who. Why not just say, "How was your superbowl?" or something at least footballish.


I just meant that in response to a few of them saying things like "How's LeBron." Seems like if you are going to talk shit outside of football and try to rub salt in other cities' non-football wounds, you'd better not have wounds of your own.
Lokais
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby Lokais » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:38 am

In other words, not meant to be directed at Saints' fans in general, who do seem to be totally cool. Just a rip on the few mentioned is all.
Lokais
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Browns at Saints trip

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Lokais wrote:In other words, not meant to be directed at Saints' fans in general, who do seem to be totally cool. Just a rip on the few mentioned is all.

Yeah, and usually I am one to snap back. And the CP3 thing was on the tip of my tongue, but opted not to. Just wanted to be a gracious winner.

I think Saints fans in general understand our pain, having been the 'Aints all these years. They've walked a few miles in our shoes.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Who is online

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests