Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Moss to Vikes, Bills go Florida Marlins?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Moss to Vikes, Bills go Florida Marlins?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm

Loo wrote:This is the only way this conversation regarding Moss should go down:

Person A: "Should we sign Moss?"
Person B: "No."

SD:

Its academic Moss has us Buffalo and a host of others on his World Health organization infectious disease no fly zone any effin way.

The Vikings imploded however because Childress is a punk a pure Farve Bitch who didn't like his station in life and wanted to man up when Moss arrived and show people who the boss was .

What comedy ...

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:29 pm

peeker643 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:
This is the worst HC in football , not even a good coordinator play acting out his HC fantasies , just look at the comedy of decisions he's made in the last 3 weeks followed by the Moss follies.

Moss is no Saint and he will take plays off , but youare a fuckin fool if you think thats the sole issue here . :lmfao:
SoulDawg

Your first response in this thread is Moss didn't quit.

Stop using the idiot coach as a scarecrow. No one disagrees he's a dumbass and is gone no later than the day after their miserable season ends.

So stop.

Tell me why the hoodie gave him away for a 3rd rounder. Because he's a mega-talent who plays so hard?

The guy is a punk with a lengthy history of mailing it in. The fact he's a Hall of Famer tells you how ridiculously talented he is. But when age meets quit you become a leper. That's what Moss is now.

And that's on him. Not anyone else, not the coaches, not the DBs who speak the truth. Get him when he's motivated or against puds like Eric Wright and you get a good day. Get him when it ain't that easy and he rolls over like a fucking obedient blue-tick bitch.

SD:

I get it you don't like him , but that doesn't explain the dynamics of what happenned in Minny,

Moss came in and him and Brett ignored Chilly even more than he was getting dissed before , Moss openly critisized him after the loss and openly showed discuss , this was chillys little pay back .

Too late he grows a sac because the lockeroom that team and the fan base is squarely against him, but if you conclude this was any move more than a power play you are dense.

had nothing to do with his play , because he didn't quit in that game .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:36 pm

I think the Packers should sign Moss. Kind of poetic, don't you think??
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:47 pm

peeker643 wrote:
This is the worst HC in football , not even a good coordinator play acting out his HC fantasies , just look at the comedy of decisions he's made in the last 3 weeks followed by the Moss follies.

Moss is no Saint and he will take plays off , but youare a fuckin fool if you think thats the sole issue here . :lmfao:
SoulDawg

Stop using the idiot coach as a scarecrow. No one disagrees he's a dumbass and is gone no later than the day after their miserable season ends.

So stop.

Tell me why the hoodie gave him away for a 3rd rounder. Because he's a mega-talent who plays so hard?

SD:

Thats a different subject altogether .

Check out the Pats the only mega star who gets paid is Tom Brady , exit Seymor Branch Vrabel and a host of others including Mr. Moss who wanted to get paid in his contract year.

Thats how they play it , instead of doing like us and getting nothing for a Winslow or chump change for an Edwards , they sell high or use a preempted
dump before trouble arrives.

Moss expected to get rewarded after the Brady deal was done , when it was clear he wasn't going to get paid and they had no plans beyond that year they moved him after using him like a trojan .

He was never gonna get paid as a top talent by them , and made hay with his undervalued contract so long as it was a bargain for them, ie
The patriot Way

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:51 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

SoulDawg

So stop.

SD:

Check out the Pats the only mega star who gets paid is Tom Brady , exit Seymor Branch Vrabel Adam Vineteri and a host of others including the latest Mr. Moss who wanted to get paid in his contract year.

Thats how they play it , instead of doing like us and getting nothing for a Winslow or chump change for an Edwards , they sell high or use a preempted

Moss expected to get rewarded after the Brady deal was done , when it was clear he wasn't going to get paid and they had no plans beyond that year they moved him after using him like a trojan .

He was never gonna get paid as a top talent by them , and made hay with his undervalued contract so long as it was a bargain for them, ie
The patriot Way

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby bac5665 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Obviously Minni is Chilli's fault. No one disagrees with you.

What in the hell does that have to do with Moss?

The only question is whether or not he'd play well here. The answer seems to be that he wouldn't. If so we don't want him.

It's that simple.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:58 pm

I get it you don't like him , but that doesn't explain the dynamics of what happenned in Minny,

Moss came in and him and Brett ignored Chilly even more than he was getting dissed before , Moss openly critisized him after the loss and openly showed discuss , this was chillys little pay back .

Too late he grows a sac because the lockeroom that team and the fan base is squarely against him, but if you conclude this was any move more than a power play you are dense.

had nothing to do with his play , because he didn't quit in that game .

SoulDawg

I call bullshit. He gave up on this play. Flat out gave up. And I have nothing personally against the man. I don't know him. I know I don't like football players who quit during a game or play, but the man I find amusing and entertaining.

And watch the replay that starts 25 seconds in or so.

Incidentally, if he catches the football for the TD Favre doesn't get killed a few plays later. Do keep in mind I'm all for Favre getting killed though. That'd be a fine day.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/bl...?urn=nfl-281576

And maybe the FO is a bit concerned that Moss's influence over Harvin extends off the field too:

From the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Despite being limited, Harvin had a huge performance with six catches for 104 yards. Afterward, he questioned his team's lack of adjustments in the second half.

"In the second half they made a couple of adjustments, and I think we played into their hands," he said. "They were ready for a couple of our plays there in the second half. We didn't do a good job of making adjustments. That's why [Patriots coach Bill] Belichick is as good as he is. He makes those adjustments. They were able to pull it out."

Asked why the Vikings had problems doing that, Harvin smiled and paused for a few seconds. "It's a team effort," he said. "It's all of us, got to put a little more effort. It's little things."

Now, ain't no one saying he's not right. But children are meant to be seen and not heard. Especially when they can't stay on the field. Moss has earned the right to run his mouth and pay the price for it. Harvin hasn't yet.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:02 pm

HAHA. The double post 4 minutes apart is awesome. You have a ways to go to beat the hour you put up earlier this year. I would like to draw some attention to this

Maybe it is just because I have been too nice to you lately, but I can't help but demonstrating again how you have an alternate reality that you live in.

Nothing for Winslow? Interesting. I could have SWORE we got something...must be my mind making things up again.

SD you can blabber all you want about Moss but he quit, its undisputable. Belichick dumped him and Chilly dumped him. Perhaps the best and worst coaches in the league. Not much more to say about it. Regardless of the other circumstances had Moss been playing hard on the field he is still a Pat, and if he started playing hard he is still a Viking, that is all that needs to be discussed.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:04 pm

If I had to lay money on it right now I say he goes back to Indy

When was Moss in Indy? Am I missing something?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Check out the Pats the only mega star who gets paid is Tom Brady , exit Seymor Branch Vrabel and a host of others including Mr. Moss who wanted to get paid in his contract year.

He was never gonna get paid as a top talent by them , and made hay with his undervalued contract so long as it was a bargain for them, ie The patriot Way

SoulDawg

Yeah. That's fine. That's right. We agree. But they ain't getting rid of any of those guys while they're in their prime years. Not one of 'em. And that includes Moss. All of those guys are in the twilight. A year or two before they're done. That way you ain't paying guys for past performance and lifetime achievement awards.

And again, I'm gonna bust a gut when NE picks him back up for dimes on the dollar now that he's had his Come to Jesus moment.

But let's be real clear that there is a very specific subset of teams/coaches that can handle Moss and his mood swings/laying down like a dog bullshit.

And Cleveland sure as hell ain't one of those teams where you'll get his best.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
If I had to lay money on it right now I say he goes back to Indy

When was Moss in Indy? Am I missing something?

Think he meant New England.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:42 pm

peeker643 wrote:

He was never gonna get paid as a top talent by them , and made hay with his undervalued contract so long as it was a bargain for them, ie The patriot Way

SoulDawg

Yeah. That's fine. That's right. We agree. But they ain't getting rid of any of those guys while they're in their prime years. Not one of 'em. And that includes Moss. All of those guys are in the twilight. A year or two before they're done. That way you ain't paying guys for past performance and lifetime achievement awards.

And again, I'm gonna bust a gut when NE picks him back up for dimes on the dollar now that he's had his Come to Jesus moment.

But let's be real clear that there is a very specific subset of teams/coaches that can handle Moss and his mood swings/laying down like a dog bullshit.

And Cleveland sure as hell ain't one of those teams where you'll get his best.

SD:

We have no QB and our wannabee maybe Ute in the making has no arm of note.

We're about as attractive to a receiver like moss as an STD .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Gold in this thread.

I think my favorite part so far is when SD put up the "86% of season ticket holders don't like Childress now" stat. You know, because they loved that fucking guy last week.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:17 pm

The waiver order is established by record. Ties are broken by strength of scedule, which leaves the current wire order as follows:
1. Buffalo Bills
2. Carolina Panthers
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. San Francisco 49ers
5. Denver Broncos
6. Detroit Lions
7. Minnesota Vikings
8. Cincinnati Bengals
9. Cleveland Browns
10. San Diego Chargers
11. Arizona Cardinals
12. Jacksonville Jaguars
13. St. Louis Rams
14. Oakland Raiders
15. Washington Redskins
16. Seattle Seahawks
17. Chicago Bears
18. Miami Dolphins (subject to coin flip with Eagles)
19. Philadelphia Eagles (subject to coin flip with Dolphins)
20. Green Bay Packers (subject to coin flip with Saints)
21. New Orleans Saints (subject to coin flip with Packers)
22. Tennessee Titans
23. Houston Texans
24. Indianapolis Colts
25. Kansas City Chiefs
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
27. New York Giants
28. Baltimore Ravens
29. Atlanta Falcons
30. New York Jets
31. Pittsburgh Steelers
32. New England Patriots

The teams in bold are the ones I think would have an interest in Moss.

I dont understand all the buzz about the Rams being a potential spot - they finally have a nice young nucleus, whu would they risk screwing anything up?

I left the Pats off as there is no point in them putting in a claim for him - sitting in the last spot, they can only hope he goes unclaimed and then sign him to a new deal.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:33 pm

peeker643 wrote:And I haven't started hitting up shit sorces like Bleacher report yet. Way too many legit sources to keep me busy.

I know you'll love this, from some random fool at Bleacher Report:
If the Browns are going to try to see what they have in Colt McCoy, they could sure use a decent WR.

The rookie is playing with one-and-a-half hands tied behind his back when he has to drop back to pass right now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5076 ... plications

Pretty much the only reason to pick up Moss, and we each know where the other stands on that.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:46 pm

jfiling wrote:
peeker643 wrote:And I haven't started hitting up shit sorces like Bleacher report yet. Way too many legit sources to keep me busy.

If the Browns are going to try to see what they have in Colt McCoy, they could sure use a decent WR.

The rookie is playing with one-and-a-half hands tied behind his back when he has to drop back to pass right now.

Pretty much the only reason to pick up Moss, and we each know where the other stands on that.

SD:

Would a motivated Moss be an assett , absolutely .

Butt how does a 2-5 team with no star power at coach or QB motivate somebody who clearly wouldn't want to be here considering his MO all things being equal.

If your not Parcells (whose out of coaching) Jeff Fisher Tomlin Harbaugh or Rex Ryan you probably need not apply which includes Shannahan and that fantasy island world he's operating out of.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:05 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jfiling wrote:

SD:

Would a motivated Moss be an assett , absolutely .

Butt how does a 2-5 team with no star power at coach or QB motivate somebody who clearly wouldn't want to be here considering his MO all things being equal.

If your not Parcells (whose out of coaching) Jeff Fisher Tomlin Harbaugh or Rex Ryan you probably need not apply which includes Shannahan and that fantasy island world he's operating out of.

SoulDawg

He's already been on two teams this year he ought to be motivated to play for.

Christ, forget the train wreck that is the Vikings for a second, as Chris Mortensen reported, the reason the Pats sent him packin' was they needed him out of practices and the locker room.

And, they both realize he's not the same player he once was. Does that mean he stinks? Not necessarily. But his reputation (and character) proceeds him. A guy that has a documented history of taking off plays that can now be covered because he's no longer the fastest man on the field - well, you don't have to be too smart to connect the dots and see what the result of an elevated level of frustration might be.

And, by the way, I don't think Moss is all that dumb. I think he knows he blew what he had in New England. And I think that explains recent comments.

How, in the wide world of sports, anyone thinks he would help here in ANY way with all this considered is beyond me.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Titans got him. Britt's injury must be worse than thought.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:49 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Titans got him. Britt's injury must be worse than thought.

Of course they did. Jeff Fisher is an idiot. There certainly was no good reason for the Titans to bring in a quitter who is way past his prime like Moss. My guess is he's looking to blow it up to get a better draft spot in the 2011 draft.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:07 pm

jfiling wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:Titans got him. Britt's injury must be worse than thought.

Of course they did. Jeff Fisher is an idiot. There certainly was no good reason for the Titans to bring in a quitter who is way past his prime like Moss. My guess is he's looking to blow it up to get a better draft spot in the 2011 draft.

You need a hug or a teddy bear. Maybe a different, more fulfilling job/life in general.

See if you can digest this: Guy takes plays off and plays when he feels like it. You think that's gonna end when he's playing 25 degree games for a 3-11 football team you tool?

SD hit it on the head up a couple posts. 5 or 6 teams/coaches that can make this move. Very simply put, Cleveland isn't one of them.

Now waste more time out of an empty day telling us what you did or didn't say but that was inferred.

Or drink bleach. Either way is fine. The bleach thing would be best for not having to deal with your next 8 yr old girl fit.

Jesus. You had a dumbass thought roll through your head that you felt compelled to defend. It's your MO. It's all good.

Hugs. :group:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:15 pm

jfiling wrote:

I think the fact that 21 teams took a pass lends pretty good credence to the fact he's a DOCUMENTED quitter, and past his prime. Doesn't take too much to figure that if this weren't the case he'd still be in New England.

I mean, Good Christ, jfile, why the hell do you think New England got him the hell out of there. Stupid organization?

Miami's NFL office: "Hey, Moss is available. He'll give us 100%, and I don't think he's lost much at all." "Ummm, no, we'll take a pass and stick to starting Brian Hartline."

Chargers NFL office: "Hey, we were down to our 4th and 5th receivers this weekend, a still in his prime Randy Moss is available. Good team guy." No, we'll stick with ummm, you know, those guys who started last week."

Think the Eagle could replace Desean....and on and on. 20 plus teams don't pass on a great player, and that includes those that rape, rob or pillage.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:31 pm

leadpipe wrote:
jfiling wrote:

I think the fact that 21 teams took a pass lends pretty good credence to the fact he's a DOCUMENTED quitter, and past his prime. Doesn't take too much to figure that if this weren't the case he'd still be in New England.

I mean, Good Christ, jfile, why the hell do you think New England got him the hell out of there. Stupid organization?

Miami's NFL office: "Hey, Moss is available. He'll give us 100%, and I don't think he's lost much at all." "Ummm, no, we'll take a pass and stick to starting Brian Hartline."

Chargers NFL office: "Hey, we were down to our 4th and 5th receivers this weekend, a still in his prime Randy Moss is available. Good team guy." No, we'll stick with ummm, you know, those guys who started last week."

Think the Eagle could replace Desean....and on and on. 20 plus teams don't pass on a great player, and that includes those that rape, rob or pillage.

I was being ironic. It should have been obvious. At least you gave a serious response, which is more than I can say for Peeker.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:29 pm

jfiling wrote:I was being ironic. It should have been obvious. At least you gave a serious response, which is more than I can say for Peeker.

A lot of your posts are apparently misunderstood. Me, mattvan and Pipe all in the one thread.

Clearly our fault.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:13 am

I was being ironic. It should have been obvious. At least you gave a serious response, which is more than I can say for Peeker

I think peeker has displayed the patience of Job in this thread

Esp considering the fact that you are a duck on a pond
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:19 pm

So now that we know that the Titans were the only team to put in a claim, does that mean that if Kenny Britt hadn't gotten hurt, not a single team would have shown an interest in Moss? Crazy stuff.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:23 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:So now that we know that the Titans were the only team to put in a claim, does that mean that if Kenny Britt hadn't gotten hurt, not a single team would have shown an interest in Moss? Crazy stuff.

SD:

Not exactly .

The pats didn't need to put in a claim they would have simply shoved a league minimum deal under his nose content to leave Minny with the onus of the 3.8 million contract.

The Tits in need of a wideout didn't want to wait out the waiver and considered picking up the $3.8 million dollar contract as cheap insurance considering Britts injury to grab a talent of Mosses caliber.

Others would have most certainly come shooting on the cheap , once he cleared waivers and the Vikes were stuck holding that bag.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:40 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:So now that we know that the Titans were the only team to put in a claim, does that mean that if Kenny Britt hadn't gotten hurt, not a single team would have shown an interest in Moss? Crazy stuff.

SD:

Not exactly .

The pats didn't need to put in a claim they would have simply shoved a league minimum deal under his nose content to leave Minny with the onus of the 3.8 million contract.

The Tits in need of a wideout didn't want to wait out the waiver and considered picking up the $3.8 million dollar contract as cheap insurance considering Britts injury to grab a talent of Mosses caliber.

Others would have most certainly come shooting on the cheap , once he cleared waivers and the Vikes were stuck holding that bag.

SoulDawg

The Titans had to do what they had to do. But I so would've loved to see Eduard Delacroix and his circus mouse stuck with the full Moss bill and a lost 3rd round pick for four weeks of headaches and half-assed route running.

Image Image

peeker643
Duly Noted

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL