Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Hillis for President...

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Hillis for President...

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:33 pm

and Wright as ambassador to Afghanistan, send him now. 4 years is about right too considering how long Hillis will last at this pace, but take it while we can. Dude is straight up bad ass throwback.

Last edited by FUDU on Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Hillis for President...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:36 pm

I just love watching Hillis run. Dude is a human battering ram.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Meh.. strikes me as a lot like Ron Wolfley.

And credit where it's due: I thought Harrison was magnificent as the up man on kick returns and as one of the backs/safeties in the Victory formation.

I didn't see him dance/stutter step at the LoS on either of those sets.

Tremendous job by that young man.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:13 pm

peeker643 wrote:Meh.. strikes me as a lot like Ron Wolfley.

And credit where it's due: I thought Harrison was magnificent as the up man on kick returns and as one of the backs/safeties in the Victory formation.

I didn't see him dance/stutter step at the LoS on either of those sets.

Tremendous job by that young man.

Who would win in a dance off, Harrison or Saine?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:16 pm

We've been waiting for a physical team for 10 years. They're just about there.

Team has been finding its identity for 4 weeks now, and they just about have it.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:19 pm

aoxo1 wrote:We've been waiting for a physical team for 10 years. They're just about there.

Team has been finding its identity for 4 weeks now, and they just about have it.
Yep, although it is a rather strange version of the WCO if you ask me. I can live with these baby steps though.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:23 pm

aoxo1 wrote:We've been waiting for a physical team for 10 years. They're just about there.

I said it in another thread, but the hit that Ward laid on Shipley was notice served about the physical nature of this football team.

Jesus, that kid is a heat-seeking fucking missile. He plays fast and he's ALWAYS near the ball. He also moves bodies. Glancing shots sent TO and others backward this afternooon.

Now, I'm fully expecting (like with Ed Reed and Bob Sanders, etc) that guys that run into big and fast things like Ward and Hillis do will miss games.

But holy crap, that kid is a monster. Every hit is a train wreck. And Hillis might be the offensive version of that. No one wants a piece at all if he gets two or three steps into a run. Get him real early or get a real big jolt.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:26 pm

strikes me as a lot like Ron Wolfley.

Marv Hubbard
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:30 pm

peeker643 wrote:

I said it in another thread, but the hit that Ward laid on Shipley was notice served about the physical nature of this football team.

Jesus, that kid is a heat-seeking fucking missile. He plays fast and he's ALWAYS near the ball. He also moves bodies. Glancing shots sent TO and others backward this afternooon.

Now, I'm fully expecting (like with Ed Reed and Bob Sanders, etc) that guys that run into big and fast things like Ward and Hillis do will miss games.

But holy crap, that kid is a monster. Every hit is a train wreck. And Hillis might be the offensive version of that. No one wants a piece at all if he gets two or three steps into a run. Get him real early or get a real big jolt.
Ok so lay it on me, was at the game (so couldn't get a good look at Ward hit replays) was it legal? If so was it called b/c it was late? B/C that is all I can see that might have been reason for flag. However while at game I could see one thing, our WRs cannot get open on their own, ugh. The potential of our best WR is as an average number 2 IMO.

FUDU

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:38 pm

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Ok so lay it on me, was at the game (so couldn't get a good look at Ward hit replays) was it legal? If so was it called b/c it was late? B/C that is all I can see that might have been reason for flag. However while at game I could see one thing, our WRs cannot get open on their own, ugh. The potential of our best WR is as an average number 2 IMO.

SD:

The Ward hit was something Jack Tatum strived to do every game and at least three times
on Sunday if it was against the inbred .

I got Five bucks on his fine , because the pussified NFL is sure to hit him with at least a $10,000.00 penalty after all that boo hooin Gannon was spoutin
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:39 pm

FUDU wrote:Ok so lay it on me, was at the game (so couldn't get a good look at Ward hit replays) was it legal? If so was it called b/c it was late? B/C that is all I can see that might have been reason for flag. However while at game I could see one thing, our WRs cannot get open on their own, ugh. The potential of our best WR is as an average number 2 IMO.

No. I didn't think it was late, I didn't think it was a head shot and I was not at all surprised it was called.

Mostly because it was vicious, loud and may have been the result of the officials seeing Shipley as defenseless.

I'm not kidding Donny: he lit him up like a Christmas tree and immediately people gasped, covered their faces and then watched as Bengals players called for the trainers.

It was beautiful. More so because Shipley ultimately sat up and walked off but mostly because it was vicious.

The receivers are horrible. If Moore and Wtson can't get in the seam the offense is reliant exclusively on 5 yards a carry from Hillis.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:42 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

The Ward hit was something Jack Tatum strived to do every game and at least three times

I got Five bucks on his fine , because the pussified NFL is sure to hit him with at least a $10,000.00 penalty after all that boo hooin Gannon was spoutin

Well then we should take up a collection because for the first time in 10 years there's a kid on the field you can't take your eyes off when the ball is snapped.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby yogi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Gary on his front page article called it a helemt on helmet hit, but he's mistaken. Ward hit him with his shoulder and from my point of view it appeared to be a bang bang play. Ward was out to lay the wood to separate Shipley from the ball like any good safety is taught and did not have time to alter the hit once the ball was dropped.

IMO, it was a great hit shaped to shake the ball loose, not a cheap late shot.

The kid is a keeper!
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:45 pm

The flag was out immediately, not a response to seeing Shipley lying there.

It was a reasonable call considering how things are called now. Way more reasonable than the hit on Watson.
aoxo1

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:46 pm

peeker643 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

Well then we should take up a collection because for the first time in 10 years there's a kid on the field you can't take your eyes off when the ball is snapped.

SD:

Shit lets make it a bounty and let him wipe that smile off whines Wards pouch.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:52 pm

aoxo1 wrote:The flag was out immediately, not a response to seeing Shipley lying there.

It was a reasonable call considering how things are called now. Way more reasonable than the hit on Watson.

Not sure who this is addressed to but....

I never said it was because Shipley was laying there. I said it was because he was defenseless once the ball went by him.

I also said I expected it, especially in this day and age.

But I don't care that he was penalized, even after Bengals scored on next play. That play meant far more that a new set of downs at the 3 yard line.

Worth every yard and point it cost IMO.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:53 pm

yogi wrote:Gary on his front page article called it a helemt on helmet hit, but he's mistaken. Ward hit him with his shoulder and from my point of view it appeared to be a bang bang play. Ward was out to lay the wood to separate Shipley from the ball like any good safety is taught and did not have time to alter the hit once the ball was dropped.

The kid is a keeper!

Not even close to helmet on helmet from my vantage point.

Shoulder to throat? Yeah....right neighborhood.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:04 pm

These are the type of players I want.

I want when the words Cleveland or Browns are uttered for players on the Rats, Inbred or Bungles to just wince in pain.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby JJN » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:15 pm

"No. I tried to lead with my shoulder,'' [Ward] said. "It's a physical game out there. No one's trying to hurt anybody to the point they can't play. We'll see what the ruling is and hopefully they see it in my favor.''

Ward vowed that the hit won't change his big-hitting style.

"No. I'm going to try to be more precise where I hit him, but it's not going to change how I play.''

Even if he gets fined?

"I'm not saying that. I'm going to try to hit him where I can't get a fine,'' he said. "I believe I led with my shoulder. I may have got a little helmet, but I didn't lead with my helmet. I didn't try to hit him under his helmet at all.''

Ward said given the circumstances "I would have done it again. I was upset with the ruling and the flag given that it was third down. But who knows? If I didn't hit him he might have caught a touchdown.''

He said he didn't ask for an explanation from the ref.

"I just walked back to the huddle,'' he said. "Some of their players came over and tried to yap at me, but I ignored them.''

He said he's not worried about getting a bad reputation.

"Whatever my reputation is, that's what it is,'' he said. "I'm not going to stop playing how I play. That makes me the player I am.''

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-bl ... _terr.html

I love this kid's attitude.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:36 pm

There's more to love about T.J. than the hits. The kid's technique when it comes to tackling is flawless. He wraps guys up and they go down. He just doesn't miss.

To me he's a better pure tackler than E-Rock (RIP) was at the same stage in his career.

Now where was this kid when Posey and Lil' Dane were running free through Oregon's secondary in last season's Rose Bowl?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:41 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:There's more to love about T.J. than the hits. The kid's technique when it comes to tackling is flawless. He wraps guys up and they go down. He just doesn't miss.

To me he's a better pure tackler than E-Rock (RIP) was at the same stage in his career.

Now where was this kid when Posey and Lil' Dane were running free through Oregon's secondary in last season's Rose Bowl?

Good point on his technique. Not just the tackling but the coverage as well. He's a good defender when it's his number called to man-up a receiver. He's young, makes some mistakes and will learn more as he plays, but the kid just knows how to play. And you can see heads turning and looking when he's running down kickoffs too.

He's a beast. And despite the difference in size, I have to say that Joe Haden is a willing hitter too.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm so glad to say I was wrong about Ward. So far he's held up great and looks to be the hitter we need so badly.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Actually heard some fans at the game claiming Hillis as pretty over rated...WTF? Have people become so enamored with HR hitters that lack true consistency with tough positive yardage that they cannot see Hillis true worth?

He has decent acceleration and explosiveness for his size and style. He is no doubt powerful and a real problem to bring down one on one and even two one one with a full head of steam. He has respectable vision and pretty damn good hands (as a receiver). He pretty much gets you positive yards every time, if not he doesn't make a bad run worse...and he is doing all this with on offense that poses little to no threat of a fearful passing game, when in many spots everyone within the sun's orbit knows he is getting the ball. Imagine if the defense just wasn't sure if Hillis' number was going to be called.

FUDU

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:47 pm

BTW, Peyton is on pace to be the first white running back to rush for 1,000 yards since Craig James in 1985.

White power! :hide:
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:41 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:BTW, Peyton is on pace to be the first white running back to rush for 1,000 yards since Craig James in 1985.

White power! :hide:

SD:

Gasp all this time I thought he was a Brown
SoulDawg74

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:53 pm

He's white? No wonder the only running backs he's allowed to be compared to are Mike Alstott and John Riggins.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:57 pm

This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:He's white? No wonder the only running backs he's allowed to be compared to are Mike Alstott and John Riggins.

I was going to compare him to Zach Crockett, then I remembered the rule. (I killed with Crockett in Madden '97.)
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:26 pm

Picked him up in fantasy week 1. He got me 17 points this week. :dingle:
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby yogi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:24 am

peeker643 wrote:
yogi wrote:Gary on his front page article called it a helemt on helmet hit, but he's mistaken. Ward hit him with his shoulder and from my point of view it appeared to be a bang bang play. Ward was out to lay the wood to separate Shipley from the ball like any good safety is taught and did not have time to alter the hit once the ball was dropped.

The kid is a keeper!

Not even close to helmet on helmet from my vantage point.

Shoulder to throat? Yeah....right neighborhood.

This picture shows 2 things... a shoulder hit to the upper chest and via the location of the ball, it wasnt late either.

Kids my fav already!

found it on You tube, its a keeper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfoPYpC4pyY
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:28 am

It was flagged because defenders are no longer allowed to launch themselves in the air to smash into a receiver who is trying to catch the ball. It will be called every time this year. It was called when one of the Bengals did the same thing to Ben Watson earlier in the game.

NFL has decided this type of hit leads to injury. It will no longer allow it.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:29 am

Bottom line - you can only hit so hard in the modern NFL.

Ask Chuck Cecil. Cost him his career.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:48 am

I'm with Peeks on this. Was it a penalty? Who cares?

It's an attitude. Now we're starting to see it on both sides of the ball. For all those crying for an identity for this team - one is starting to emerge. The 2010 Cleveland Browns - "We may not have a lot of talent, but we'll sure as shit hit you in the mouth"
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:13 am

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:It was flagged because defenders are no longer allowed to launch themselves in the air to smash into a receiver who is trying to catch the ball. It will be called every time this year. It was called when one of the Bengals did the same thing to Ben Watson earlier in the game.

NFL has decided this type of hit leads to injury. It will no longer allow it.

Correct.

But he didn't launch himself. Never left his feet and never hit the ground.

Doesn't matter. In the end that flag was thrown because of the sound and the violence of the hit.

I had a guy write to me after reading The Wrap who said he was on the 50 yard line and thought the hit was mic-ed. It was that loud 55 yards away in a crowded stadium.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:32 am

I haven't looked at the replay yet on youtube, but it looked to me like TJ's helmet might have hit the guy's helmet before TJ's shoulder hit him. Not that there's anything TJ could have really done to prevent it. I'm with you guys. I loved it. It's football and you HAVE to have guys that are capable of that.

But, there was a minute there, while he was laying on the field, where I was genuinely scared for that guy.

EDIT: I've looked at the youtube upthread. It really does look to me like his helmet hit first. On the replay at about 7 seconds.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

Really yogi? You got a still and use it as evidence that his helmet didn't hit Shipley's helmet and the hit was on time? Even when you post the video showing (a) his helmet did hit Shipley's and (b) the ball hit the ground and bounced up before Ward hit him?

I have no problem with the hit; I'm completely in Peeker's and everyone else's camp here. But come on!
aoxo1

Unread postby yogi » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:04 am

aoxo1 wrote:Really yogi? You got a still and use it as evidence that his helmet didn't hit Shipley's helmet and the hit was on time? Even when you post the video showing (a) his helmet did hit Shipley's and (b) the ball hit the ground and bounced up before Ward hit him?

I have no problem with the hit; I'm completely in Peeker's and everyone else's camp here. But come on!

I don't know what you are talking about, seriously.

I saw no helmet to helmet hit. Plenty of others chimed in here and wrote the same thing.

The hit was a split second after Shipley dropped the ball. IMO, not enough time for Ward to alter his course.

Now I'm ok with the penalty if there is a rule that outlaws leading with the shoulder to the chest, but if there isnt and the ref deemed it head to head, then they were incorrect just as you are.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:10 am

It was head to head. In your own youtube video. I don't understand how you can't see it. It looks pretty clear to me.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Getting back to the Hillis topic at hand, would be really curious to see how well he could be used in a tandem with say...a early round drafted back.

Not sold on Hardesty, I'm going to assume at this point that he won't really contribute all that much in the next coming years, maybe we'll get him back healthy next year? who knows.

But you're able to have a back like hillis and maybe someone with a little more acceleration and speed running behind Lawrence Vickers, who is more of a prototypical runningback (sorry, Harrison still to me, looks like he's lost a step), I would love to see that. We've found a piece of the puzzle, but the other piece still needs to be found.

BTW, Vickers is by far, the most underrated player on this team. The blocks that guy puts on week after week really should be getting more notice from the press and the fans.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby scott » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:06 pm

He didn't spear him. It doesn't look like there was intent to hit him helmet-to-helmet, but there was a little contact. They're gonna call that.

Next time he'll square around a little, get the guy full on with his shoulder and the result will be the same.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:22 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:It was head to head. In your own youtube video. I don't understand how you can't see it. It looks pretty clear to me.

Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

It was clean. Shoulder pad gets him first, contact between helmets after. Good on him, if he gets fined, I'll send him some cash.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:51 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
Motherscratcher wrote:It was head to head. In your own youtube video. I don't understand how you can't see it. It looks pretty clear to me.

Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

It was clean. Shoulder pad gets him first, contact between helmets after. Good on him, if he gets fined, I'll send him some cash.

I guess his shoulderpad might have hit him first. I can't really tell. To tell you the truth, I have no idea if that makes it "clean" or not. I don't know the rule all that well.

I just figured a helmet to helmet hit was against the rules (whether the shoulder actually hit first or not), and as far as I can tell, the helmets definitely hit. Tis what tis.

I'd like to reiterate that I absolutely loved the hit. It scared the shit out of me, and I hope Shipley's OK. If I was his teammate I probably would have been pissed. I thought it was a foul and I wasn't surprised they called it.

But, as a Brown's fan...that hit was fuckin' tits, man.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Triple-S wrote:Not sold on Hardesty, I'm going to assume at this point that he won't really contribute all that much in the next coming years, maybe we'll get him back healthy next year? who knows.

Personally, I'm going to assume that he will come back from his surgery just like anyone else comes back from their surgery. IMO, assuming one guy is more likely to get injured than another is like the Easter Bunny. Meaning not real.

Guys get hurt in football. It's random. You never know when or how. Some are unluckier than others, but that's not a predicter of their future luck.

Remember, TJ Ward was also an "Injury disaster" when he was drafted...
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Loo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:50 pm

It's so, so nice to have a Browns team with an identity via Hillis' running the ball. Thank goodness.

And on the Ward hit--you know it's a great hit when the first words in your head are "He's not getting up."
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Unread postby Lubber » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Watching the replay over, Ward did lead with his shoulder. However, Shipley was leaning foward so their helmets did actually touch, but Ward's heard was turned to the side. I am thinking the refs threw the flags because the ball was clearly on the ground and Ward took a step and then popped him. It was definitely a bang bang play, and a clean hit, but just a little late, especially with all the new rules in the NFL these days.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:49 pm

IMO the refs threw the flag because it was a huge hit. That's how it works now. There is little doubt that their helmets did touch, but from what I understand the rule is leading with the helmet. Ward by no means lead with his helmet. I also don't believe this garbage about the ball being late and he should have let up. It is a split second decision, Ward had missle lock and took the shot. I'd take that 10 times out of 10 than have a guy pull up when he had a chance to knock the ball out. The same people that are saying Ward hit late and should have let up were mocking Kiwanuka a few years ago when he let Vince Young go when they didn't blow the whistle for the sack. It's football, play the damn game.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Ward went after the guy's head -- or at least appeared to -- which is a no-no in the NFL now. It will be called every single time.

Figures the Browns get a big-hit safety right around the time big hits become illegal.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:14 pm

The picture up thread could be valuable, like a clear photo of Bigfoot would be, I mean Eric Wright is actually in the picture with the receiver, and it is not blury.

FUDU

Unread postby BruceK » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:30 pm

The arm action (jacking up his forearm as he delivered the blow) probably also contributed to the call
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:28 pm

BruceK wrote:The arm action (jacking up his forearm as he delivered the blow) probably also contributed to the call

Hells Bells the man was just defending himself :guns:
SoulDawg74

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL