Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

To watch Vick step up and own his Dumbsh@t on NFLN

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

To watch Vick step up and own his Dumbsh@t on NFLN

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:42 am

Is to realize we really missed our arse with both hands here in Cleveland when we passed on this kid who is now a man.

The Eagles are the beneficiary of a star reborn , a confirmed jerk
who went to prison for stoopidity , but takes full responsibility
for being the Jackass who caused his own fall from grace.

Maybe we as an organization couldn't have provided the infrastructure to nurture such a metamorphasis , maybe despite all our efforts the Vick experiment blows up in our face .

But gentlemen we had nothing here , we were going nowhere
fast and Micheal Vick cost no more than a jouneyman contract to sign a three time All Pro .

The arrogance and stoopidity involved to snub such talent without nairy a peak to even explore the possibilities of adding him to our roster is why we have such bad luck .

Karma could wrap us up a billion dollar lottery ticket in a plain Brown wrapper addressed to us and we'd throw it away without opening it , because it wasn't pretty outside.

Don't laugh we just did .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Re: To watch Vick step up and own his Dumbsh@t on NFLN

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Jesus christ..another thread of this shit?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:27 pm

Triple-S wrote:Jesus christ..another thread of this shit?

Its Sunday so don't be using the Lords name in vain Fuckwad
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:30 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Jesus christ..another thread of this shit?

Its Sunday so don't be using the Lords name in vain Fuckwad

God damn it SD, STFU.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby yogi » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:52 pm

AND he's down and out....

Can you say, Karma?

:hide:
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:29 pm

yogi wrote:AND he's down and out....

Can you say, Karma?

:hide:

vengeance is mine so sayeth the ....
SoulDawg74

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:38 pm

At half Skins 17 - 6, McNabb passer rating of 150+, Vick out, LMAO.

ETA: at end of this day, McNabb 1 Vick 0.

Sure is quiet in here.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:28 pm

He can kill dogs, lions, and jaguars but he couldn't kill the redskins lol.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby Loo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:25 pm

I know I posted this exact thing in the DA thread, but it certainly fits there...

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:58 am

And thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's why you don't play QB like as if yer Marcus Allen. Let alone his constant living on the legal edge of society.

Only a fool builds a team ariound a man like this. And why is a man named Soul DAWG such a Vick fan anyway?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:57 pm

jb wrote:And thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's why you don't play QB like as if yer Marcus Allen. Let alone his constant living on the legal edge of society.

Only a fool builds a team ariound a man like this. And why is a man named Soul DAWG such a Vick fan anyway?

SD:

DA was the last QB we sent to the ProBowl ,

We had him and Lady Quinn to do battle and snubbed our nose at a guy whose been there more times than anybody since our return at thee most important position in football , and he could have been had for peanuts .

No draft choices and no major CASH

Far as I'm concerned Mark Chumura in the hot tub with 16 year olds
is worse than Vick breeding killa dogs in a sport which places its bets all over the South as a weekend sport like Cock fighting .

But thats just me YMMV.

Regardless............... Leavenworth ain't no trip to disney land , the man paid for his crime by doing time , and has shown repentance and has applied himself full throttle at his second chance at life.

Now if you wanta show me he's a fool that didn't learn nothin , and you ain't just hatin because your a dog luva then bring it.

The Atlanta mike Vick was a one trick pony , who thru game film DVD's into the car as dust collectors and was the first guy out of practice and the last guy there.

The Philly Mike Vick the one Tony Dungy was willing to vouch for and did vouch for is another man all together , respected by his teamates
doing the work in practice and in the film room which has generated success.

One was a hood rat perpetrator the other is now the consummate Pro.

But yeah your right , we don't need nothing but Angels in Cleveland .

How's that Savior butter don't melt in her mouth Lady Quinn doing .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:18 pm

SD, I love how you continually harp on us passing on Vick for nothing. However, I believe you are greatly underestimating the year of tutelage under Ried and McNabb that Vick got last year. Vick said so himself that he learned how to put the work in while watching McNabb. What makes you think he wouldnt have been the disaster many were expecting when he came back and starting taking snaps under center. You think he would have learned shit from Daboll, DA or Quinn? I believe you are completely glossing over this very important aspect of the Vick revival. Everything isnt 1+1=2. Vick is good in Philly does not equal Vick is good in Cleveland, just as Mark Sanchez in New York does not equal Mark Sanchez is good in Cleveland. You seem to always gloss over this aspect.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby yogi » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Ziner wrote:SD, I love how you continually harp on us passing on Vick for nothing. However, I believe you are greatly underestimating the year of tutelage under Ried and McNabb that Vick got last year. Vick said so himself that he learned how to put the work in while watching McNabb. What makes you think he wouldnt have been the disaster many were expecting when he came back and starting taking snaps under center. You think he would have learned shit from Daboll, DA or Quinn? I believe you are completely glossing over this very important aspect of the Vick revival. Everything isnt 1+1=2. Vick is good in Philly does not equal Vick is good in Cleveland, just as Mark Sanchez in New York does not equal Mark Sanchez is good in Cleveland. You seem to always gloss over this aspect.

SD is probably refering to our not attempting to get Vick from the Eagles when we were asking them for Kolb this past offseason. So Vick would have had the year under Reid and McNabb you refer to.

He also would then have had sessions with MH on quarterbacking.

SD raised a real question on why this regime didnt even inquire about Vick and instead paid millions to Delhomme and secured Wallace.

I would love to hear from Heckert and Holgrem if Vick was even considered.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:19 pm

yogi wrote:
Ziner wrote:SD, I love how you continually harp on us passing on Vick for nothing. However, I believe you are greatly underestimating the year of tutelage under Ried and McNabb that Vick got last year. Vick said so himself that he learned how to put the work in while watching McNabb. What makes you think he wouldnt have been the disaster many were expecting when he came back and starting taking snaps under center. You think he would have learned shit from Daboll, DA or Quinn? I believe you are completely glossing over this very important aspect of the Vick revival. Everything isnt 1+1=2. Vick is good in Philly does not equal Vick is good in Cleveland, just as Mark Sanchez in New York does not equal Mark Sanchez is good in Cleveland. You seem to always gloss over this aspect.

SD is probably refering to our not attempting to get Vick from the Eagles when we were asking them for Kolb this past offseason. So Vick would have had the year under Reid and McNabb you refer to.

SD raised a real question on why this regime didnt even inquire about Vick and instead paid millions to Delhomme and secured Wallace.

I dont think so, the post above he says how we could have had him for no draft picks and no cash. He would have absolutely costed us draft picks last year. But you never know with SD, he lives in his own reality.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:00 pm

yogi wrote:

SD:

It did seem as though Holmgren was stuck on either McNabb or Kolb as trade targets with no regard to Vick and that observation by you is spot on ,and raises another issue here and now even deeper than why we passed on Vick the first time when he cost nothing .

With Heckert coming directly from that camp , you'd have to say he either steered Mike away or Mike has his own criteria when it comes to
signal callers that are not exactly on accord with Heckerts model.

First Heckert talked Mike off the ledge from making the Ditka deal for Bradford , and would have passed on McCoy again in the early third after he dropped outta the first after bypassing him again in the second unless Mike was standing there not so subtley drooling like a starving dog while reaching for his pistol if Heckert passed on McCoy again.

Have to believe Heckert had his eye on the upcoming draft and its QB class to have demonstrated such distain for overpaying for this class.

Hope i ain't giving him too much credit , butt its more comforting than the alternative.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Ziner wrote:
yogi wrote:

I dont think so, the post above he says how we could have had him for no draft picks and no cash. He would have absolutely costed us draft picks last year. But you never know with SD, he lives in his own reality.

SD:

Vick was available before Holmgren for free so Ziner raises a valid point , post tuteledge Vick vs fresh outta prison Vick .

Yogi hit the post Tuteledge Vick out of the Park , so I'll take the Vick staright out of Leavenworth which is where i initially started from .

To be fair 31 other teams along with the Browns turned down Vick before Philly astutely took a look .

My position at the time and still is who were these Browns who could automatically dismiss such talent without a look , when we had nothing , was that Randy and his squeaky clean bullshit Many koko who made that call .

No less than Tony Dungy became lead man for Vicks return , yet nada zippo bupkus response of interest from the Browns .

Gonna have to say it was because Quinn was Lerners Pet Monkey at the time,and Mangy got the job because he swore we could ""win with Quinn"""
in direct contrast to Pioli who said you have to gut the roster and start over starting with QB.

It would explain not pulling the trigger on a trade of Quinn to Washinton as part of the Cutler deal passing on Vick all together without a look , trading the Sanchez pick for less than franchise compensation ignoring Freeman
and reaching for receivers like Robo and Masso after nabbing Mack.

That or Mangy is a flat stock walking talking lunatic .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby aoxo1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:46 pm

Nothing? We still had the opportunity to bring in Bartel.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:48 pm

JB Vick was playing better this year, much more like a real QB, then he had in the past. Was he over the hump, surely not completely but he was heading in the right direction.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 pm

FUDU wrote:JB Vick was playing better this year, much more like a real QB, then he had in the past. Was he over the hump, surely not completely but he was heading in the right direction.

Check whatever your email Donny. Whatever email account you have attached to the site.

Thanks
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Nothing? We still had the opportunity to bring in Bartel.

Yepper , you go Luther .... Attaboy
SoulDawg74

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL