Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Try and Catch the 10 best steals on the NFL network

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Try and Catch the 10 best steals on the NFL network

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:31 am

Things that make you go Hmm,

All Pro Deacon Jones in the 14th round .

Peeps know about Montana in the third round but do they know Sang Fran got him after Seattle traded out of the sixth spot overall which netted Tony Dorsett to Dallas , but then traded the extra pick to Walsh who used that to nab Montanna .

Food for thought for those who want to trade down out of the three spot when we're saring at a real BELL COW of our choice right there .

Providing we're sharp enough to make the right choice that is .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:07 am

I gotta admit, trading down does freak me out a little bit. Simply from the following standpoints ...

1. The last freaking 8 years, all this talk about trading down, it never happens. It would be classic Browns Rebirth luck, the year we do, the top three picks are all in the Pro Bowl by 2009.

2. The QB factor. The position has been so bad for us. You more than likely have a chance to get an elite talent there. Not doing so, after years of Couch, The Severed Head Of Kelly Holcomb, Pederson, Spergeon, Dilfer, Garcia, et al is kinda like pissing in the face of the football gods.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Try and Catch the 10 best steals on the NFL network

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:52 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:Things that make you go Hmm,

Peeps know about Montana in the third round but do they know Sang Fran got him after Seattle traded out of the sixth spot overall which netted Tony Dorsett to Dallas , but then traded the extra pick to Walsh who used that to nab Montanna .

Food for thought for those who want to trade down out of the three spot when we're saring at a real BELL COW of our choice right there .

SoulDawg

Dude, I'll have to catch that. Q for yah Dawg - can you really compare eras though like that?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Try and Catch the 10 best steals on the NFL network

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:30 pm

JB wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:Things that make you go Hmm,

SoulDawg

Dude, I'll have to catch that. Q for yah Dawg - can you really compare eras though like that?

Err Yep , I really think the point was , Brady came in the 6th round the greatest drfat steal in the history of the draft .

Marcus Colston in the seventh was Terrell Davis like in like where the Fuck did this kid come from and how in the world did all these so called ex spurts blunder so badly on his talent.

So what will history report of Savage if he trades up fror Russell and goes to the Superbowl
or trades down with Atlanta and we net three starters in the firts two rounds .

Will those guys be out of football in a few while Russell goes HOF or will Quinn be the biggest busta since you know who and the real steal in the draft is the QB from BYU .

Without Montanna or Brady ,
Walsh is a footnote in History and Bellichick would have stayed a Mumbling bumbling miserable inhuman cocksucker.

and Horse Teeth Ellway would have been the poster child for frustration alongside Jim Kelley if not for Terrell Davis .

Choices in the draft which make you ace or ass.

You think Knoll wishes he had of taken Marino instead of Gabe Rivera now .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

steals

Unread postby rawdawgexpress » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:31 am

2 2 15 47 Andre Davis WR Virginia Tech
3 3 11 76 Melvin Fowler C Maryland
4 4 3 101 Kevin Bentley LB Northwestern
5 4 13 111 Ben Taylor LB Virginia Tech

2 2 20 52 Chaun Thompson LB West Texas A&M
3 3 20 84 Chris Crocker DB Marshall
4 4 18 115 Lee Suggs RB Virginia Tech
5 5 7 142 Ryan Pontbriand C Rice

rawdawg:

Yes SD there is humbling element in the draft - the ultimate unknowableness of the whole thing. Weren't you pimping Troy Smith a few months ago for #1 overall? But the crazy thing is, he still might end up being a good player.

But OMFG these drafts are horrible. Not a football player in the lot of them. Let these drafts serve as judge and jury to the Butch Davis era. These players should be the core of our team now.

Kevin Bentley followed up with Ben Taylor, who actually used to start for us. Nice.

But I guess we'll see if Leon Williams is a better 4th rounder than Bentley.
rawdawgexpress

Unread postby swerb » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:11 am

Without Montanna or Brady ,
Walsh is a footnote in History and Bellichick would have stayed a Mumbling bumbling miserable inhuman cocksucker.

and Horse Teeth Ellway would have been the poster child for frustration alongside Jim Kelley if not for Terrell Davis .

Choices in the draft which make you ace or ass.

You think Knoll wishes he had of taken Marino instead of Gabe Rivera now .

That is excellent.

Taking JaMarcus does scare the shit out of me.

But not nearly as much as passing on him if he's there, or passing on a reasonable trade up to #2 if Duh Raiduhs take CJ #1.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby rawdawgexpress » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:43 pm

Here is a guy who days not all in the draft is unknowable.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2007/0 ... raft/5082/

Lots of grist for the mill.
rawdawgexpress

Re: steals

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:56 am

rawdawg >

Yes SD there is humbling element in the draft - the ultimate unknowableness of the whole thing. Weren't you pimping Troy Smith a few months ago for #1 overall? But the crazy thing is, he still might end up being a good player.

But OMFG these drafts are horrible. Not a football player in the lot of them. Let these drafts serve as judge and jury to the Butch Davis era. These players should be the core of our team now.

Kevin Bentley followed up with Ben Taylor, who actually used to start for us. Nice.

But I guess we'll see if Leon Williams is a better 4th rounder than Bentley.

SD74 :

It reminds me more of that Indiana Jones scene when the knight offers little insight into picking the cup of Christ .

Choose correctly and prosper choose poorly and Die .

When Crackwagon made their run , they prospered on unknown talents who emerged big .

Leon Lett Norton and the thre amigos knitting and going wild under Aikman.

The inbred floundered in the wilderness until they drafted three QB's
Hanratty Gilliam and Bradshaw and created a cauldron of competition at the position .

Then they got lucky and drafted a skinny Fuck outta Kent State who solidified their defense and the some of individual parts became a dominant beast together with the best chemistry known to man at the time

We could make all the right picks on draft day , butt without the unseen
luck of fortune smiling upon our shoulder we could still be shit outta luck .

And yes Leon Williams is better 4th than Bentley . .

He makes Dra Davis and his overblown contract look like Tits on a bull.

Much as I'm enamored with Russell , I'd take Adrian Peterson and that QB from BYU in a minute if you tell me it nets us a Lombardi .

Real time vs 20/20 hindsight when it counts .

The shit they did in College means Jack , how good can they be in the Pros .

Russell being compared to Ellway , is all I need to know to sign up on the pay me now or pay for the mistake later partition .

When Davis selects CJ , Phil has to sell his left nutt and make it happenn.

SoulDawg

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL